OH OH - Madison Rich, 17, left home in Lakewood, phone pinged at a hotel in Warrensville Heights, has health issues, 18 Aug 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
NCMC2030012c1.jpg

NCMC2030012x1.jpg

SEPT 9 article

Madison was reported missing after leaving her home on Aug. 15. She is last believed to have been at the Express Inn on Northfield Road in Warrensville Heights on Aug. 18.

More at Lakewood police searching for missing 17-year-old girl: Cleveland Missing to hold press conference Wednesday

SEPT 3 article

LAKEWOOD, Ohio — Tracey Rich hasn’t seen her daughter since Maddie Rich left her Lakewood home on August 15th. No one’s heard from the 17-year-old since August 18th.

“I just miss her so much. It’s definitely not like her to not have contact with anybody. The days are just getting harder as each day goes on,” said Tracey Rich.

The Lakewood mother describes her daughter as creative, caring and funny.

More at 'Please come home:' Lakewood teen missing nearly 3 weeks

NCMEC Have you seen this child? Madison Michelle Rich

The distance is about 20 miles.

Google Maps

NCMC2030012c1.jpg

NCMC2030012x1.jpg

SEPT 9 article

Madison was reported missing after leaving her home on Aug. 15. She is last believed to have been at the Express Inn on Northfield Road in Warrensville Heights on Aug. 18.

More at Lakewood police searching for missing 17-year-old girl: Cleveland Missing to hold press conference Wednesday

SEPT 3 article

LAKEWOOD, Ohio — Tracey Rich hasn’t seen her daughter since Maddie Rich left her Lakewood home on August 15th. No one’s heard from the 17-year-old since August 18th.

“I just miss her so much. It’s definitely not like her to not have contact with anybody. The days are just getting harder as each day goes on,” said Tracey Rich.

The Lakewood mother describes her daughter as creative, caring and funny.

More at 'Please come home:' Lakewood teen missing nearly 3 weeks

NCMEC Have you seen this child? Madison Michelle Rich

The distance is about 20 miles.

Google Maps
From the first linked article:

On Wednesday, Cleveland Missing will hold a press conference at 11 a.m. regarding her case.

According to organizers, members of Madison's family will be present and provide an update on the case.

Lakewood Police have been able to ping Maddie’s phone several times since she left home. On August 18, the signal came from a motel on Northfield Rd. in Warrensville Heights. Subsequent pings were traced to the 19000 block of S. Miles Rd and near Lee, Harvard and Green Roads. Investigators said her phone either died or was turned off around August 22.

From this article previously posted. 'Please come home:' Lakewood teen missing nearly 3 weeks

Maddie has experienced mental health challenges. She also worries her physical health could put her in a dangerous situation.

“We definitely feel that mental health was playing a role in her originally leaving,” she said. “One thing that is very concerning to me is she has really low blood pressure and low heart rate. She was hospitalized in June for this as well.”

Last edited:
A link to today's presser, which I have not watched in full yet:

In previous interviews, Maddie's mother states that she was alerted by the friend on the east side that Madison went to see, who said she "didn't know where Madison was" and that she may have "gone to the store or something." I wonder (but have no knowledge) if this friend was interviewed by LE.

For those still following - I spoke briefly with a friend of the family on Facebook in a local community thread.

Out of respect for the family, I won't share much information and won't be asking more questions, but they reported that law enforcement has taken all the right steps and spoken to a lot of people. At this point, it is believed that the situation is scarier, sadder, and more dangerous than they originally thought, and not a simple case of a teen runaway.

Please keep the family in your thoughts.

This case is very concerning.

Madison was last seen at home in Lakewood, but left that location between midnight and 4:30AM. I may have missed it in the MSM reports, but how did Madison travel from her home to the Express Inn? That's not within walking distance.

Lakewood police believe Maddie might be near Northfield Road in North Randall or Warrensville Heights. That's where her last location was picked up, and a cell signal hasn't been found since.

Her family finds that location strange because Maddie doesn't know many folks on that side of town.

Police and family members of missing Lakewood teenager Madison “Maddie” Rich held a news conference Wednesday morning, begging for her to come home and asking anyone with information to call police.

Rich’s mother, Tracy Rich, said she dos not know whom her daughter could be with on the east side, since her friends and family are on the west side.

She has left home before, but was always in communication with people, said Tracy Rich.

Police added Rich’s phone is no longer being pinged as it was either turned off or lost battery.

Lakewood police believe Maddie might be near Northfield Road in North Randall or Warrensville Heights. That's where her last location was picked up, and a cell signal hasn't been found since.

Her family finds that location strange because Maddie doesn't know many folks on that side of town.

Police and family members of missing Lakewood teenager Madison “Maddie” Rich held a news conference Wednesday morning, begging for her to come home and asking anyone with information to call police.

Rich’s mother, Tracy Rich, said she dos not know whom her daughter could be with on the east side, since her friends and family are on the west side.

She has left home before, but was always in communication with people, said Tracy Rich.

Police added Rich’s phone is no longer being pinged as it was either turned off or lost battery.

I find it interesting they scheduled a press conference in advance, but for a time of day when it's still "early" for many people. Maybe to get into the news cycle all day? It just seems a bit odd the presser was first thing in the morning, but scheduled days in advance - seems early and delayed at the same time.

jmo

This case is very concerning.

Madison was last seen at home in Lakewood, but left that location between midnight and 4:30AM. I may have missed it in the MSM reports, but how did Madison travel from her home to the Express Inn? That's not within walking distance.
There is no report concerning a car, and nowhere it is stated how she left

There is no report concerning a car, and nowhere it is stated how she left
Thanks @truthfinder2019. Without a vehicle, a bike, or a ride of some type, it seems unlikely that Madison could have traveled that far on foot. Not impossible but unlikely IMO.

Also the timing of Madison leaving home is curious. Why would she depart between midnight and 4:30AM?

Maddie has experienced mental health challenges. She also worries her physical health could put her in a dangerous situation.

“We definitely feel that mental health was playing a role in her originally leaving,” she said. “One thing that is very concerning to me is she has really low blood pressure and low heart rate. She was hospitalized in June for this as well.”

I'm glad her family has opened up about her health challenges, as sometimes that's helpful in establishing a mindset as to why she left and where she might have gone. Given her height and weight, I'm wondering if she was dealing with anorexia as low blood pressure and bradycardia are often found in those suffering with that illness. I hope we have some good news today and she is home safely very soon.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crankymomma
Back