GUILTY OH - Marcus Fiesel, 3, Union Township, 4 August 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OneLostGrl said:
A live-in GF?!?!?!

This is one ODD family! I sure hope that baby is ok!!
You aren't kidding! I live a couple of miles from the park where Marcus went missing. It was heartbreaking to see all of the searches and seeing this little boys picture pasted on the bottom of my TV screen for days. I am so afraid that this family is responsible for his disappearance. I don't think he is OK. Failed lie detectors, no witnesses and bloodhounds unable to detect any scent of him lead me to believe he was never there.

There's new information that contradicts newspaper reports in the disappearance of a three year old Tri-State boy. According to the Enquirer, a case worker is contradicting a statement made by the foster mother of Marcus Fiesel. She says she never saw Marcus Fiesel during an in house visit earlier this month. The case worker says she was told Marcus was sick and was turned away at the door.

http://www.wkrc.com/News/Local/story.aspx?content_id=14F31FDA-40E9-4DDF-9DFA-F3138A90BFCF

Notice how this report differs from the other reports about the caseworkers visits?

mysteriew said:
There's new information that contradicts newspaper reports in the disappearance of a three year old Tri-State boy. According to the Enquirer, a case worker is contradicting a statement made by the foster mother of Marcus Fiesel. She says she never saw Marcus Fiesel during an in house visit earlier this month. The case worker says she was told Marcus was sick and was turned away at the door.

http://www.wkrc.com/News/Local/story.aspx?content_id=14F31FDA-40E9-4DDF-9DFA-F3138A90BFCF

Notice how this report differs from the other reports about the caseworkers visits?
It seems to me like this would be even more reason for the caseworker to demand to see the little boy. She should have checked to see if he needed medical attention. I think that once again, the system failed a child.

Little by little foster mom's story is changing. I had noted it on other small things, but it was early on and no way to confirm either way.

BTW police told media that they were aware of the people in the home from the start. When asked if it affected the investigation they said no comment.

Gmommy said:
If there were only three carseats then that most definitely casts a huge shadow of doubt onto this for me. Especially for a person who is trying to convince the world how much she loved Marcus and how responsible she and her husband are. Seriously getting weirder the more the couple talks and the more the police look into this case.

And Bobbisangel, I skimmed that book a while back at a friends, she was still reading it and she said she would loan it to me and then moved-I had forgotten all about it.

I have been pretty well under control for a while now and I'm not afraid to talk about it with people, not that it's the first thing out of my mouth at a cocktail party mind you ;) I had several coworkers who were very surprised at how candid I was about my own mental health-and one who came up to me and asked me so many questions I finally called him on it and asked if he was just curious or if he thought he had his own issues to which he admitted he felt like he needed help for the first time in his life.

No one should ever have to feel ashamed because they have any kind of illness. The more that people are willing to talk about it the less stigma there will be about it. I think it is wonderful that you are so open about being Bi Polar. That poor co-worker was probably afraid to talk to anyone about what was going on with him and then there you were. Something good came out of your illness. I've taken antidepressants for years now. I have PTSD due to the murder of my daughter. If I don't take my pill everyday I can get way down there and my thoughts become very dark...suicidal ideation. I'm not ashamed of it and am open to talk about it. It's who I am now. It's interesting that when I talk about myself others begin to talk when normally they wouldn't say a word about their problems...like your co-worker. At least something good comes out of it huh! Glad you are doing so good. I'll look and see if I can find my book and let you know. If I can...if you want....I'll send it to you if you want to PM me your address.

The husband had a 25 yr old girlfriend that had moved in with him and his wife???? This is what they call a dysfunctional family!! Guess she didn't make the move with them if the media caught up with her and questioned her.

I think someone in that house did something to Marcus too. Maybe it was an accident but whatever happend someone should have reported it. I don't think the wife would report her husband as she let him move his girlfriend in. Hard to tell who is the guilty party but someone is. If he abuses her she probably would be afraid to tell. Everyone is probably covering the others butts.

I hope we are are all wrong and Marcus is somewhere safe but I think that is probably a lot to hope for in this case. That poor little boy. I wonder how old the oldest child is in the household and if LE have questioned the children if they are old enough to question. What about the mothers of the daycare kids? They would have seen Marcus if he was in the home. I wonder what they have had to say? They wouldn't have any reason to cover for anyone.

It's not real clear when anyone last saw Marcus, but the day care mothers didn't see him that morning. Reportedly the foster mother said he was still in bed when they dropped their children off.

So what did she do leave him at home in bed while her "significant other" laid asleep with his "significant other" or just leave him sleeping alone ?!?! How was "he" still in bed when "they" dropped "their" (father and mother?) children off at school?

We had to call children services on my neighbor once because we had beliefs she was leaving her 5 year old home alone. Each day we would see him and her leave, we never noticed the boy with them. Throughout the day you could see curtains and blinds moving like someone was peeking out. Low and behold, the poor thing was all by himself. My mom caught on when she knocked on the door and begged him to open it. Years later, I applied to a babysitting ad, and GUESS WHO. YUP! It was them. I actually babysitted for them from about 2:30pm until 11:30pm every night for about a year because I knew atleast with me, the kids were with someone who cared. I helped them with homework, fed them dinner, and bathed them before putting them to sleep every night before I left.

Some parents should not have ever been given such a gift.

Dex said:
So what did she do leave him at home in bed while her "significant other" laid asleep with his "significant other" or just leave him sleeping alone ?!?! How was "he" still in bed when "they" dropped "their" (father and mother?) children off at school?

We had to call children services on my neighbor once because we had beliefs she was leaving her 5 year old home alone. Each day we would see him and her leave, we never noticed the boy with them. Throughout the day you could see curtains and blinds moving like someone was peeking out. Low and behold, the poor thing was all by himself. My mom caught on when she knocked on the door and begged him to open it. Years later, I applied to a babysitting ad, and GUESS WHO. YUP! It was them. I actually babysitted for them from about 2:30pm until 11:30pm every night for about a year because I knew atleast with me, the kids were with someone who cared. I helped them with homework, fed them dinner, and bathed them before putting them to sleep every night before I left.

Some parents should not have ever been given such a gift.

Foster mother was also doing day care in her home. The foster mother told media that when the day care mother dropped her kids off that AM, Marcus was still in bed. Sorry for not being clear.

Sheriff says they are still searching, but is now expressing some doubt that he would still be alive. No one has come forward yet to say they saw the foster mother or Marcus at the park.

At the press conference this week, Carroll told reporters that Marcus' case worker was the last non-family member to see him before he disappeared. But now the case worker said that she was told Marcus was sick and she didn't visit.

Sheriff Leis told FOX19 News that the case worker missing a visit is not raising red flags. "if it were a case where every other time Marcus' foster parte said no he's ill, that would have raised a red flag," explained the sheriff.

There were 25 other times in 14 weeks that a case worker saw Marcus and all was well. So there was no reason for concern on August 10th. The concern came August 15th when Marcus went missing.
http://www.fox19.com/Global/story.asp?S=5328931&nav=0zHF

They explained on the news the other day that the state requires home visits once a month. But because of Marcus's health issues they had been visiting at least once a week.

Note, Marcus had only been in the home for 14 weeks.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Article questioning Ohio foster care issues.
http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060826/EDIT01/608260329/1090

So the foster mother says that she took the kids to the park and that she fainted due to her heart condition but there hasn't been anyone who can even verify that she was even at the park that day? That's pretty odd. You would think that there would have been lots of moms and kids at the park. If this foster mother fainted wouldn't she have fallen on the ground? Surely someone would have noticed this woman laying on the ground and rushed over to help her. If I was at the park I think I would notice a woman with 4 little kids under 3 years old.

I wonder how hard this little guy was to handle? I don't know much about this illness but aren't there degrees? I mean every child doesn't have the same degree of the illness do they? Couldn't it have affected him a lot or a little or in between? If he was really hard to cope with I wonder if someone didn't lose their patience with him and hurt him not really meaning to but something bad happened? They didn't just have Marcus to cope with but they had their own kids too. Didn't they have a 1 yr old baby too? I wonder if they didn't just get in over their heads because of the money they would get for taking care of Marcus. I would guess that they probably got around $1400 a month for taking care of him. I've read the amount you receive as a foster parent if you take special needs children because they are so hard to place. It's way up there compared to any other child.

Bobbisangel said:
So the foster mother says that she took the kids to the park and that she fainted due to her heart condition but there hasn't been anyone who can even verify that she was even at the park that day? That's pretty odd. You would think that there would have been lots of moms and kids at the park. If this foster mother fainted wouldn't she have fallen on the ground? Surely someone would have noticed this woman laying on the ground and rushed over to help her. If I was at the park I think I would notice a woman with 4 little kids under 3 years old.
She was at the park - she fainted and some guy saw her - and called 911, it is just no one saw her at the park with four kids. When the park people came out from their office (right near where she fell) they only saw 3 by her. She claims she saw and waved to some grandmother and saw a day care group and thought they saw her, but no one has come forward and said yes we saw her with the four kids. But no one has come forward either and said, we saw her earlier (before fainting) with only three. And, she stopped at Blockbuster on the way to the park, went in and left the kids in the car. Three in car seats (all she had in the van) and apparently one just sitting in the car.

And now the girlfriend is claiming, via her father that she saw Marcus in the morning before the foster mother left for park. Just gets weirder.

Interview with the girlfriend's father
"They went to the park, he took Amy and her kids to the park, he went back and got the rest of the kids because he didn't have room in his vehicle for it," Baker's father told 9News.
http://www.wcpo.com/news/2006/local/08/26/marcus.html

Now this is odd, in her press conference foster mom said that she took the younger kids to the park while her husband took the older kids swimming.

Dang, she is tellin' it! This is gonna end up like the Holland case with each spouse blaming the other, just wait and see.
So foster daddy was getting tired of keeping kids, but wasn't doing anything to support the household himself.

Why would the foster father say "I'm going to prison" if he isn't responsible for that little boy being missing? At this moment...in my mind...he did something to that little boy.

The stepsister said that the foster father said that he took Amy...the girlfriend and some of the kids to the park and then went back and picked up the rest of them. There hasn't been anything said about Amy ever being at the park that I've read anyway. Just the foster mother and 4 kids.

This foster father sounds like a real piece of work. He doesn't work and they live off of the money that they receive from the foster kids. The foster mother said that they received $3,000 a month for the foster kids. The other child had to have been a special needs child too. Daycare for one child wouldn't add up to a whole lot so the majority of the money came from the foster kids. He didn't want foster kids but they couldn't exist without the money from the kids. He probably came to really resent Marcus as he was a handful from the sounds of it.

I wonder if the foster father took the foster mother and some of the kids to the park and then went back to pick up Marcus and whoever. Maybe when he went back to the house he did something to Marcus. He goes back to the park and the foster mother wants to know where Marcus is and he tells her that something happened...an accident. She passes out and when she revives she comes up with the story of Marcus disappearing in the park. That covers her butt and her husbands butt...she thinks. The foster father would have had to done something with Marcus between the time he killed him and the time he went back to the park. I'll bet he isn't very far away. He wouldn't have been able to be gone a long long time.

Whatever happened to him, I think happened at least a day or so before the day they went to the park. I think the 'faint' was fake devised to cover up the reason Marcus supposedly got away from her. Or maybe the 'faint' was real, and was from nervousness for what was about to start and the original plan was to let the kids play and then report that he got away from her or that someone took him. (all the kids with her that day were too young to talk). She did say in the press conference that she felt sure someone took him. But she thought that it was someone who just wanted a little boy of their own. Another possible sign of 'nervousness' she has told media that she hadn't eaten that morning.
Girlfriend is also not being entirely truthful, as she allegedly told her father that she didn't live there, but only stayed there a couple of times. Yet friends and family says she lived there. And the events she says happened that day differ from what the foster 'mother' says happened that day. Girlfriend says that they all went to the park, but that all the kids couldn't fit in his vehicle. But if I remember correctly- foster 'moms' vehicle was at the park. And police called foster daddy and asked him to come and pick the kids up, he didn't just show up.
I think that she knows what happened. Not necessarily was involved but is aware of what happened and is keeping the secret.
Has anyone else noticed that foster mom is talking to media, the girlfriend sent info to media through her father, but no one has been able to talk to foster 'dad'?

mysteriew said:
Whatever happened to him, I think happened at least a day or so before the day they went to the park. I think the 'faint' was fake devised to cover up the reason Marcus supposedly got away from her. Or maybe the 'faint' was real, and was from nervousness for what was about to start and the original plan was to let the kids play and then report that he got away from her or that someone took him. (all the kids with her that day were too young to talk). She did say in the press conference that she felt sure someone took him. But she thought that it was someone who just wanted a little boy of their own. Another possible sign of 'nervousness' she has told media that she hadn't eaten that morning.
Girlfriend is also not being entirely truthful, as she allegedly told her father that she didn't live there, but only stayed there a couple of times. Yet friends and family says she lived there. And the events she says happened that day differ from what the foster 'mother' says happened that day. Girlfriend says that they all went to the park, but that all the kids couldn't fit in his vehicle. But if I remember correctly- foster 'moms' vehicle was at the park. And police called foster daddy and asked him to come and pick the kids up, he didn't just show up.
I think that she knows what happened. Not necessarily was involved but is aware of what happened and is keeping the secret.
Has anyone else noticed that foster mom is talking to media, the girlfriend sent info to media through her father, but no one has been able to talk to foster 'dad'?

This is exactly what I think happened. Poor little guy never had a chance, from the day he was born. Very sad.

I found this article/editorial today and thought I'd share:
http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060827/EDIT01/608270351

While this community deals with the case of 3-year-old Marcus Feisel, a foster child with autism reported missing 12 days ago, it can join in the national search for ways to improve the foster care system.

The gaping need in foster care is simply finding qualified families to take on the role. Nationally, in 2004 there were 170,000 licensed homes - and more than 500,000 children needing foster care.

Eliminating the stigma around foster families is a critical, if underexamined issue. "Often schools, neighborhoods and other groups are not welcoming or supportive,"

If more quality caregivers came into the pool, states may be able to consider limiting the number of foster children families can assume, and recruiting a wider group of parents with educational or health care expertise to deal with children with serious disabilities.

Interesting article CAcarrie. They sure need to do something because as it is now, the system is failing to many children. IMO, this little guy should never have been placed in that home.

I think that something happened to him even longer ago than that mysteriew like way back when the case worker visited and didn't see him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE
Back