GUILTY OH - Marion Co., WhtFem Skeletal 672UFOH, 18-22, along rural road, Mar'07- Dana Nicole Lowrey

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I saw the photos when I first read through the thread, but now I don't see photos or the boxes, just some extra white space.

I've been having all kinds of odd stuff happen the last couple of days though. My unread resets and shows me things I posted myself, it periodically tells me the link to subscriptions is invalid, and twice sent me to the mobile site though I'm working on a Windows laptop :p (through Chrome). I haven't been able to tell whether it's my computer and/or browser, or something with the site. Seems more like the browser.

Now I'm seeing them again :p And yes she does look a lot like the reconstruction.

BCI: First victim of suspected serial killer, Shawn Grate, could be identified through isotope test

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news...rate-could-be-identified-through-isotope-test

According to Marion County Sheriff Tim Bailey, Grate admitted to kidnapping and killing the woman while she was selling magazines.

"He coaxed her into his car, took her to his house, took her downstairs to the basement and there he strangled her," Bailey said.

Her remains were found in a wooded area of Victory Road. Because of the location, investigators have nicknamed her "Vicky."

The results show the victim may have been from the southern United States and the investigation is now focusing on missing women from Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, South Carolina and Texas.

I tried reaching out once and did not get very far, but I wonder if looking for other young adults who worked on these magazine crews would be helpful. I only see a few names listed on here that are still missing and none seem like a possible match:
http://www.parentwatch.org/missing/missing.html

http://crimefeed.com/2018/04/was-this-woman-a-victim-of-serial-killer-shawn-grate/
[h=1]Can You Identify This Woman, A Victim Of Suspected Serial Killer Shawn Grate?[/h] April 10, 2018 by Catherine Townsend
attachment.php

Marion County Sheriff Tim Bailey said that testing commissioned by the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation has given detectives new clues to work with. Facial reconstruction artist Samantha Molnar, who completed a model of what the woman might look like in 2017, pushed for isotope testing.

Attachments

• GRATEVICTIM.jpg
    GRATEVICTIM.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 129
New tests could help identify alleged Shawn Grate victim in Marion County

https://www.marionstar.com/story/ne...ew-leads-naming-first-grate-victim/507374002/

"You are what you eat," said Molnar, who was the artist behind a clay model of the woman's face that was released early last year in the hopes of identifying her.

Molnar said there are traces of what we eat and drink left behind in our bones, which can indicate what geographic region we are from.

Molnar ended up pulling 15 photographs of missing persons fitting the woman's description who were from the southern U.S. from the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System's website.

I know the circumstances don't sound right with this girl, but thought she looked like the reconstruction and she's from Texas. I guess we will find out something at the girls presser tomorrow anyway. Her look just struck me.

I know the circumstances don't sound right with this girl, but thought she looked like the reconstruction and she's from Texas. I guess we will find out something at the girls presser tomorrow anyway. Her look just struck me.
Which MP?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Interesting thought, but the break in the case is that they found a car possibly connected to the case in the Dallas area and they are running forensics on it. Also, multiple POI's linked to the vehicle: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...eorgetown-10-Jan-2002&p=14054285#post14054285

I can't imagine how this info could be related to Shawn Grate. But I guess we will wait and see what comes out tomorrow.

Can you just imagine if it's her though? Two, three verified solved cold UID cases in Ohio this month alone that I know of. Let's hope. I've always have this Doe on my mind..

I missed something. Who was identified besides BG? Did they finally verify your Strongsville Doe and Pagano?

I missed something. Who was identified besides BG? Did they finally verify your Strongsville Doe and Pagano?
Gregory Griffin as 06 Trumbull County Doe

Sorry I'm on my phone so it's hard to find the WS thread link.

Gregory Griffin as 06 Trumbull County Doe

Sorry I'm on my phone so it's hard to find the WS thread link.

Thank you and you should be in bed and asleep. lol. Just like me. Off to check out Gregory.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MG89
Back