OH OH - Marvin 'Beau' King, 12, Clark Co, 25 Jan 1973

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
An article from the Dayton Daily News, just a little north of Springfield. Article says there was a man already in jail being considered as a suspect

Attachments

• img.jpg
    img.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 7
The boy had been strangled with a rope

Attachments

• img.jpg
    img.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 6
there was a string of murders involving young men on I-70 starting in June 1980. 9 of which have been potenially linked to Herb Baumiester

Herbert Baumeister a/k/a the I-70 Strangler a/k/a Brian Smart, IN-OH SK, has never been linked to the murders of Beau King, Bill Comeans, or the other teens discussed here. His victims were yoZung gay men, primarily prostitures.

* See the Websleuths thread in the Serial Killers forum linked below.

* Not to be confused with the I-10 Killer who preyed on women in Texas.

A brief synopsis:
Beginning in the early 80's, the remains of young gay men were found buried or dumped in areas along I-70 from Ohio to Indiana. The bodies were nude or semi-nude, and the cause of death in each case was strangulation. All 11 have been ID'd.

In 1991, the findings ceased, but the murders continued. Baumeister purchased an 18 acre property in Westlake, Hamilton County, Indiana. Thereafter, Fox Hollow was the murder site and burial grounds for Baumeister's victims.

The initial investigation into the I-70 murders commenced in 1992 as a follow-up to a witness report.

1995, a P.I broke the case and positively linked Baumeister to the murders.
An investigation of the Fox Hollow property would turm up thousands of burned bone fragments, totalling approximately 25 bodies, possibly more.
Nine have been ID'd. A tenth ID is likely.

In July 1996 Baumeister fled to Ontario after LE issued a warrant for his arrest. In Plnery Provincial Park he shot himself in the head with a .367 magnum, leaving behind a three page letter in which he apologized for "messing up the park"
No mention was made of the murders he'd committed (see wiki link)

Websleuths thread:

Wikipedia lin, updated:

Additional updated links from 2022-23:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member