OH OH - Michael Klitch, 12, Grandview Heights, 28 June 1971

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
After everything I've read, I tend to agree with the revenge theory. I believe Mike was targeted. I believe this was someone Mike knew well enough to get into a vehicle with. However, I believe this person was fairly young (perhaps high school/college age) and was friendly with the family - this being they were familiar enough with the family's routine to try to find Mike alone. I don't believe there was any struggle at that point, not until it was too late.

The revenge theory is also very possible because of the manner of death. Overkill (numerous stab wounds) is very personal, indicating there was an enormous amount of rage involved, especially towards a child.

I agree,

And the revenge motive I think was the same reasons that I believe today:

1.) The killer had a child entering a tennis tournament or some other competition and the parent was sick of Mike "Winning these events all the time."

2.) The killer or killer's family relative had a vendetta against Mike, or one of his parents for something that the family did that angered him. (Turned down for coaching position by father.) Turned down for schoolboard position by Mother.)

3.) Mike knew something bad was about to go down, told about this, or was about to tell, and was silenced.

4 .) While the planned abduction and murder (at least in my view) could have tragically happened to any of the Klitch family members, I believe Mike was the killer's specific target and intended victim for his perpetrator. .

5.) Mike was apprehensive of new situations and people, but I would picture him as a funny, emotional, and caring kid, around those whom he knew and formed a bond with them. Also known for being a joking character and motivated to do athletic things.

6.) Mike was lured into a car by this person whom he thought he trusted. You wonder what they talked about? How did this turn from presumably an argument, to violence, and than dead? Mike may have also been taken by this person who was branding a weapon, forcing Mike to go with him. An non-threatening approach in a physical sense could have been the killer saying something, running over to Mike and say "Mike! Come with me fast! Your Dad's fallen at the club! He's at the hospital. Your Mom sent me to get you! Hurry!" (Witness the dropped tennis ball found near the gate that Mike would not leave lying there.) But the big question is, Why would Mike be lured into the car carrying his tennis racket? This was found 25 miles away with his clothes in a dumping bin. What would be a reason for Mike taking the racket, but not his tennis ball with him?

7.) Mike had little or no time to escape once he knew his life was in danger. Likely he fought back, but was quickly overcome.

I wish we could get some closure and find out who did this, and why?

Satch

How far was the quarry from the tennis court where Mike was last seen?

How many ways "out of town" could Mike's killer have traveled?

Anything at all between the tennis courts and that twenty-five mile radius out of town where Mike's body was found stabbed to death, and charred in the shed?

The quarry near Grandview Heights is 1 ½ miles from the tennis court where Mike was last seen and the Delaware County quarry is 25 miles from where Mike was last seen.

I honestly don’t know if both quarries were owned by the same company back then.

Now back in 1971, I believe there were several quarries on McKinley Avenue between Interstate 70 and Trabue Road.

Today there is only one quarry on the west side of McKinley Avenue as the other quarries along the east side of McKinley Avenue between McKinley Avenue and the Scioto River have been drained, sold to developers, and are now condos.

The former quarry in Delaware County is now Alum Creek Lake.

Keep in mind that back in 1971, the roadways back then were different that what they are today. I agree that there are many different ways that Mike’s killer could have traveled from Grandview Heights to Delaware County.

My best guess is that Mike’s killer likely took the back roads in the Columbus area that had the least amount of traffic to connect with the back roads in Delaware County.

One possible route is Dublin Road and Riverside Drive which is next to the Scioto River. It takes you past the Columbus Zoo which is in Delaware County before connecting with the Delaware County back roads.

Another possible route is Olentangy River Road which is next to the Olentangy River. It takes you straight into Delaware County and it also connects you with the back roads in Delaware County.

The quarry near Grandview Heights is 1 ½ miles from the tennis court where Mike was last seen and the Delaware County quarry is 25 miles from where Mike was last seen.

I honestly don’t know if both quarries were owned by the same company back then.

Now back in 1971, I believe there were several quarries on McKinley Avenue between Interstate 70 and Trabue Road.

Today there is only one quarry on the west side of McKinley Avenue as the other quarries along the east side of McKinley Avenue between McKinley Avenue and the Scioto River have been drained, sold to developers, and are now condos.

The former quarry in Delaware County is now Alum Creek Lake.

Keep in mind that back in 1971, the roadways back then were different that what they are today. I agree that there are many different ways that Mike’s killer could have traveled from Grandview Heights to Delaware County.

My best guess is that Mike’s killer likely took the back roads in the Columbus area that had the least amount of traffic to connect with the back roads in Delaware County.

One possible route is Dublin Road and Riverside Drive which is next to the Scioto River. It takes you past the Columbus Zoo which is in Delaware County before connecting with the Delaware County back roads.

Another possible route is Olentangy River Road which is next to the Olentangy River. It takes you straight into Delaware County and it also connects you with the back roads in Delaware County.

This case has always played on my mind for many years,

I wish that there was a way for Mike's family members to know about this thread, because they could provide many things that we don't know about it. Unfortunately, it is a WS violation to contact family members about cases. (Cuz it's prying and invading their privacy.) I wish we could at least get a friend of the family coming to this thread. I am sure that the Klitch family and friends would find comfort in the fact that this thread is there and that the thousands of people who have visited think about Mike often and want justice done for his perpetrator.

I think that not directing contacting family members is a good policy and it is important to have that. But I questions or thoughts in my mind about this case, that I think those only closest to Mike (his family) can answer. And I feel sad because the family could have a smoking gun. A piece of evidence that could solve this crime that we don't know about. But we can't ask family to come to our site for any cause because it's a policy violation of WS.

My community question, what would be another way to somehow let family members know about our forum? (Not just Mike Klitch, but any unsolved missing or murder case) without violating WS rules? How do family members of the victims and missing find out about our site?

The pain I feel is that with both Mike's parents in their 80's and this case being so old, I don't think this is ever going to be solved. Maybe family could help.

Peace,

Satch

I was watching the local news on television last night and the news media in Columbus are reporting on their newscasts about a very serious incident that occurred this past weekend at the same tennis courts where Mike was last seen in 1971.

One of the Columbus television stations has a video on their website that shows what the tennis courts and the area where Mike disappeared looks like today.

Police searching for man accused of exposing himself in Grandview Heights

Authorities are searching for a man who exposed himself to several women in Grandview Heights.

Police said the incident happened around 9 a.m. Sunday at the tennis courts at McKinley Field on W. Goodale Boulevard.

Police said surveillance cameras showed the suspect’s vehicle passing the park several times within a matter of seven minutes.

Source:

http://www.10tv.com/article/police-searching-man-accused-exposing-himself-grandview-heights

Flasher in Grandview Heights

On Sunday morning, a man exposed himself to a bunch of women playing tennis. It happened around 9 a.m. at McKinley Field on W Goodale Blvd.

A surveillance camera spotted a car cruising the area several times in a matter of only a few minutes.

Source:

http://614now.com/2017/news/flasher-in-grandview-heights

I was watching the local news on television last night and the news media in Columbus are reporting on their newscasts about a very serious incident that occurred this past weekend at the same tennis courts where Mike was last seen in 1971.

One of the Columbus television stations has a video on their website that shows what the tennis courts and the area where Mike disappeared looks like today.

Police searching for man accused of exposing himself in Grandview Heights

Authorities are searching for a man who exposed himself to several women in Grandview Heights.

Police said the incident happened around 9 a.m. Sunday at the tennis courts at McKinley Field on W. Goodale Boulevard.

Police said surveillance cameras showed the suspect’s vehicle passing the park several times within a matter of seven minutes.

Source:

http://www.10tv.com/article/police-searching-man-accused-exposing-himself-grandview-heights

Flasher in Grandview Heights

On Sunday morning, a man exposed himself to a bunch of women playing tennis. It happened around 9 a.m. at McKinley Field on W Goodale Blvd.

A surveillance camera spotted a car cruising the area several times in a matter of only a few minutes.

Source:

http://614now.com/2017/news/flasher-in-grandview-heights

Thanks for this information!

I assume no mention of Mike in these reports?

Satch

I agree,

And the revenge motive I think was the same reasons that I believe today:

1.) The killer had a child entering a tennis tournament or some other competition and the parent was sick of Mike "Winning these events all the time."

2.) The killer or killer's family relative had a vendetta against Mike, or one of his parents for something that the family did that angered him. (Turned down for coaching position by father.) Turned down for schoolboard position by Mother.)

3.) Mike knew something bad was about to go down, told about this, or was about to tell, and was silenced.

4 .) While the planned abduction and murder (at least in my view) could have tragically happened to any of the Klitch family members, I believe Mike was the killer's specific target and intended victim for his perpetrator. .

5.) Mike was apprehensive of new situations and people, but I would picture him as a funny, emotional, and caring kid, around those whom he knew and formed a bond with them. Also known for being a joking character and motivated to do athletic things.

6.) Mike was lured into a car by this person whom he thought he trusted. You wonder what they talked about? How did this turn from presumably an argument, to violence, and than dead? Mike may have also been taken by this person who was branding a weapon, forcing Mike to go with him. An non-threatening approach in a physical sense could have been the killer saying something, running over to Mike and say "Mike! Come with me fast! Your Dad's fallen at the club! He's at the hospital. Your Mom sent me to get you! Hurry!" (Witness the dropped tennis ball found near the gate that Mike would not leave lying there.) But the big question is, Why would Mike be lured into the car carrying his tennis racket? This was found 25 miles away with his clothes in a dumping bin. What would be a reason for Mike taking the racket, but not his tennis ball with him?

7.) Mike had little or no time to escape once he knew his life was in danger. Likely he fought back, but was quickly overcome.

I wish we could get some closure and find out who did this, and why?

Satch

I have read a bit about this case. I honestly don’t think that Mike was abducted and killed for a personal reason. I know that stabbing oftentimes indicates that, but I really don’t believe so. I simply believe that he was an easy target. I believe the killer might or might have not seen Mike before. Whether it is the case or not, Mike was alone at the tennis court which would make him extremely vulnerable to predators who hunt, molest and kill innocent children. It sounds like he was a responsible and smart kid, but that doesn’t mean someone couldn’t easily abduct him. Be it false pretense, lies, or abduction at gunpoint, that would certainly be extremely scary for anyone, especially for a 12 y/o child. I don’t give much thought to the tennis ball found at the court. He could have just ran and dropped the ball, it doesn’t indicate or mean anything. I think the abduction happened very quickly, since some folks saw Mike shortly before his abduction, it’s more than clear that his location wasn’t an isolated area. Whoever took him did it quickly and it happened in a matter of seconds.

Mike probably took his tennis racket as he didn’t want to leave it behind. If it was just him at the court, someone could take or steal his racket if it was just left lying there. If killer lured him by convincing him that something happened to his loved ones/family, he knew that it was urgent and he wouldn’t be back at the court for at least some time.

In cases like this, the whys are oftentimes so convoluted. It could have just been an insane serial killer who was targeting children. I don’t believe there was a particular motive as some people kill to just kill. There is not a deep thoughtful answer as to why they kill and what was their motive.

I am not sure if this case will ever have closure. It has been 46 yrs. The killer is likely dead and took the secret to his grave.

I have read a bit about this case. I honestly don’t think that Mike was abducted and killed for a personal reason. I know that stabbing oftentimes indicates that, but I really don’t believe so. I simply believe that he was an easy target. I believe the killer might or might have not seen Mike before. Whether it is the case or not, Mike was alone at the tennis court which would make him extremely vulnerable to predators who hunt, molest and kill innocent children. It sounds like he was a responsible and smart kid, but that doesn’t mean someone couldn’t easily abduct him. Be it false pretense, lies, or abduction at gunpoint, that would certainly be extremely scary for anyone, especially for a 12 y/o child. I don’t give much thought to the tennis ball found at the court. He could have just ran and dropped the ball, it doesn’t indicate or mean anything. I think the abduction happened very quickly, since some folks saw Mike shortly before his abduction, it’s more than clear that his location wasn’t an isolated area. Whoever took him did it quickly and it happened in a matter of seconds.

Mike probably took his tennis racket as he didn’t want to leave it behind. If it was just him at the court, someone could take or steal his racket if it was just left lying there. If killer lured him by convincing him that something happened to his loved ones/family, he knew that it was urgent and he wouldn’t be back at the court for at least some time.

In cases like this, the whys are oftentimes so convoluted. It could have just been an insane serial killer who was targeting children. I don’t believe there was a particular motive as some people kill to just kill. There is not a deep thoughtful answer as to why they kill and what was their motive.

I am not sure if this case will ever have closure. It has been 46 yrs. The killer is likely dead and took the secret to his grave.

Thanks for your thoughts, Brainy!

I don't think we will ever know if this was planned or not. However, your insights make a lot of sense! I do believe that Mike's kidnapper and killer was familiar with the area, and wanted to get far enough out of town to avoid being caught. I believe most likely that Mike was conned to go with his killer. Horrifyingly, he was probably killed within at most a matter of hours following his abduction. Do you believe that Mike was falsely conned into going with his killer with "Something bad happened to a family member?" I wonder if the use of the knife came later? This is so horrifying! It upsets me to even write about this case. I wonder if LE has any new leads on this case?

Satch

Thanks for your thoughts, Brainy!

I don't think we will ever know if this was planned or not. However, your insights make a lot of sense! I do believe that Mike's kidnapper and killer was familiar with the area, and wanted to get far enough out of town to avoid being caught. I believe most likely that Mike was conned to go with his killer. Horrifyingly, he was probably killed within at most a matter of hours following his abduction. Do you believe that Mike was falsely conned into going with his killer with "Something bad happened to a family member?" I wonder if the use of the knife came later? This is so horrifying! It upsets me to even write about this case. I wonder if LE has any new leads on this case?

Satch

Thank you for the discussion, Satch. It certainly generates some helpful dualogue. Yes, I think he was conned into going with the killer by posing a lie to Michael. I think if he was openly threatened, someone would have heard something. Also, given how quickly it happened, I don't think there was a struggle when Michael was first taken.

I wonder if there are sex offenders and convicted pedophiles in the area that had not been considered at that time, but LE could try to place them where Mike was abducted and later found.

I will see what I can find. It's been so many yrs, and it's sad to think that the case file is stagnant, somewhere untouched. Will try to contact the dept that oversees this, and see what I can find out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for this information!

I assume no mention of Mike in these reports?

No, the news media did not mention anything at all about Mike or what happened to Mike in 1971.

I was thinking about Mike yesterday as it was 47 years ago yesterday on June 28, 1971 that Mike disappeared.

I was thinking about Mike yesterday as it was 47 years ago yesterday on June 28, 1971 that Mike disappeared.

It's heartbreaking!

June 28th, 1971 will be a sad day for me for the remainder of my life. I think that if there had been camera's on the court for security reasons, this case could have been solved. Do you think anyone could have seen Mike's abduction after all these years and might know who did this? Or do you think there was no one in the vicinity who may have witnessed this? Or if the abductor started out talking and there was no danger until it was too late? Maybe someone saw the two of them talking and thought nothing of it at the time? I think that if someone saw anything, their memories would be triggered by the widespread publicity of this case. At least by local standards.

My understanding was that the Klitch's were very well known throughout the community. With Mr. Klitch, a tennis coaching legend, and the family being sports enthusiasts, their community input extended far beyond Ohio. Even though I believe that Mike's abductor and killer was a local resident.

Satch

It's heartbreaking!

June 28th, 1971 will be a sad day for me for the remainder of my life. I think that if there had been camera's on the court for security reasons, this case could have been solved. Do you think anyone could have seen Mike's abduction after all these years and might know who did this? Or do you think there was no one in the vicinity who may have witnessed this? Or if the abductor started out talking and there was no danger until it was too late? Maybe someone saw the two of them talking and thought nothing of it at the time? I think that if someone saw anything, their memories would be triggered by the widespread publicity of this case. At least by local standards.

My understanding was that the Klitch's were very well known throughout the community. With Mr. Klitch, a tennis coaching legend, and the family being sports enthusiasts, their community input extended far beyond Ohio. Even though I believe that Mike's abductor and killer was a local resident.

Satch

This is surely a heartbreaking story of a young boy going about his life and just disappearing...

I think this case would have the potential to be solved had it not been this old. Too much time had passed. Back then, disappearances weren't taken that seriously,
and children were granted a different level of supervision and independence. It's maddening to think that anyone would hurt Mike, but unfortunately, there are too many evil people in this world.

Thank you for remember Mike Klitch. So sad that it has to be under such horrific circumstances,

I have always had a very emotional connectivity to this case, and also the strong possibility that Richard and Joan Klitch brought tremendous support and love to the Marble Cliff Community. I wondered if they not only stayed in the same house for so many years not only for their love and support of the community, but also the possibility that some closure can come about as to who kidnapped and killed Mike, and why? The best hope is that Mike's killer is dead, so that he can not hurt any more people. I wonder if Ohio LE has come up with any leads that they can share over the years? I would suspect that there are some things about the case that we don't know about. Specifically I am referring to pieces of evidence that might provide clues to this unsolved homicide.

Satch

I need to make a correction to my previous post. I should have posted that it was 46 years ago that Mike disappeared, not 47 years ago. I apologize for the confusion.

After everything I've read, I tend to agree with the revenge theory. I believe Mike was targeted. I believe this was someone Mike knew well enough to get into a vehicle with. However, I believe this person was fairly young (perhaps high school/college age) and was friendly with the family - this being they were familiar enough with the family's routine to try to find Mike alone. I don't believe there was any struggle at that point, not until it was too late.

The revenge theory is also very possible because of the manner of death. Overkill (numerous stab wounds) is very personal, indicating there was an enormous amount of rage involved, especially towards a child.

I just spent two hours reading about this case and tend to agree with the above: it sounds like one of Mike's competitors at the local tennis competitions always felt threatened by his winning constantly maybe the competitor and/or a family member were behind the crime.

Which brings me to my next question which I did not see addressed in the thread (I could have missed it if it was mentioned):

What was the age group of the tennis tournament that Michael took part in prior to his abduction and death? Does anyone know?

Also - if Michael was picked up by a familiar-to-him person in a car - is it possible that the person, maybe the parent of one of Michael's tennis competitors - had the competitor with him (or her) at the time, to reduce suspicion of the situation and also to eliminate the "Michael, I just got word that your parent was injured, and I was instructed to bring you to them" line.

But I agree, this looks like a Tonya Harding/Nancy Kerrigan situation MOO

Also - if Michael was picked up by a familiar-to-him person in a car - is it possible that the person, maybe the parent of one of Michael's tennis competitors - had the competitor with him (or her) at the time, to reduce suspicion of the situation and also to eliminate the "Michael, I just got word that your parent was injured, and I was instructed to bring you to them" line.

But I agree, this looks like a Tonya Harding/Nancy Kerrigan situation MOO

Hi Mary,

Welcome to the forum! And the Mike Klitch case,

Over the years, I have begun to rule out the "Stranger Danger" situation. Mike had been taught about "Stranger Danger" and was apprehensive of new situations and new people. He was known to be adventurous, perhaps a "funny character." But was very responsible for a young age and a good student as well. The athletic background of the family, and the their strong community connections, shows that the Klitchs were very well known, and highly respected people. Success driven purservering people. Mike's abduction and murder was done by someone who new him or his father, maybe the mother as well, and there were probably any of these two motives for the crime:

1.) The killer or friend or relative of the killer was rejected by Mike or another Klitch family member for a position of which Mike or other family member was in or supervised. Example would be:

Richard Klitch- Turning down a job applicant at the Tennis club where he coached.
Joan Klitch:- Voting down a school board member
Mike-Klitch- Entering tennis tournaments year after year and constantly winning
Mike Klitch- Seeing or knowing some information that caused resentment to the killer or the killer's family, where he would have to be silenced in the mind of the killer. The thing is, what would Mike have known that could have been so serious to promote and carry out an act of revenge resulting in his abduction and death.

Somebody out there wanting to send a painful circumstance to the family, because they were outraged by the family's success.Likely turned down for a position that was determined by a Klitch family member. I never thought of the possibility of an accomplice in the kidnappers' car to try to make Mike an easier target. I think he was conned with "Your Dad had an accident at the club", with fake panic by the killer "He's in the hospital and your Mom sent me to get you! Come Now!"

The chilling part is how much time elapsed between Mike being charmed to Mike realizing that he was in danger? I think that if he tried to escape it was too late.

Satch

Hi Satch:

Thank you for that information!

Also - I know this one is a stretch, but it was mentioned that Michael spoke to some friends prior to his abduction. Did they all meet at the tennis court? Did any of them spend a few minutes practicing tennis with him? Was there anyone else on the courts at the same time Michael was there?

Is it possible that one of those friends planned on being there with Michael, and the friend's parents coming to pick him up, who also at the same time invited Michael to come along too - say, maybe out for ice cream or something?

The issue that I see, as you say, Satch, Michael would not have gone with a stranger nor be placed in an unfamiliar situation. Whoever picked him had to be someone he knew. It very could be the parents of a tennis competitor, with that tennis competitor maybe speaking to Michael earlier that day. And of course the person who picked him up knew he was at the court practicing. Maybe too easy to downplay this part, make everything look completely normal especially if there were other people at the court playing tennis too. What I am thinking of is this:

Had it been a stranger, a kidnapper, a struggle, there may be a chance of risking this being witnessed by someone else at the tennis court. So, whoever abducted Michael, again, someone he knew, downplayed it as much as possible.

Hi Satch:

Thank you for that information!

Also - I know this one is a stretch, but it was mentioned that Michael spoke to some friends prior to his abduction. Did they all meet at the tennis court? Did any of them spend a few minutes practicing tennis with him? Was there anyone else on the courts at the same time Michael was there?

Is it possible that one of those friends planned on being there with Michael, and the friend's parents coming to pick him up, who also at the same time invited Michael to come along too - say, maybe out for ice cream or something?

The issue that I see, as you say, Satch, Michael would not have gone with a stranger nor be placed in an unfamiliar situation. Whoever picked him had to be someone he knew. It very could be the parents of a tennis competitor, with that tennis competitor maybe speaking to Michael earlier that day. And of course the person who picked him up knew he was at the court practicing. Maybe too easy to downplay this part, make everything look completely normal especially if there were other people at the court playing tennis too. What I am thinking of is this:

Had it been a stranger, a kidnapper, a struggle, there may be a chance of risking this being witnessed by someone else at the tennis court. So, whoever abducted Michael, again, someone he knew, downplayed it as much as possible.

Hi Mary,

I agree! I am really into this case as well!

A clue that could be important is what did Mike talk about with the kids before going to the tennis court? It may tell little , or a lot. For years, I have been wanting to know this conversation! I wish we could contact the detective handling this case to see what is in the case file. WS policy prohibits users from contacting family members. But perhaps an insider might be able to recall if any important conversation existing among Mike's friends and he around 2:10-2:20PM that day, June 28, 1971.

To my knowledge Mike did not plan to be on the court with anyone else that day. The strangeness in that is, how does one play tennis alone? Unless the court had a ricochet wall for solo play, it would be very difficult to accomplish this task. The only way that this could have been a stranger abduction, which I talk about in past posts, is if someone branded a weapon, forcing Mike to go with him. In which case someone would have seen SOMETHING or heard screaming, there would be sign of a struggle on the court. There would be blood, physical evidence of a struggle there. Not saying that a quick stranger abduction is not possible, unless a weapon was pulled on Mike, forcing his abductor to go with him. I think he got into a car with someone he knew and trusted.

If this was a quick cold-blooded killing by a stranger, it would still take time to do the killing, hid the body, all without being seen or heard. It is possible. But the killer knowing, to hide the body in a shack 25 miles away near a dam. that would later be a part of Alum Creek Lake, shows that this was very likely a local killing. Get far enough away from the local community, get rid of the body, go out of the way, and come back to town like nothing had happened.

It is possible that the killer intended to burn Mike's clothes and glasses found nearby in the dumping bin, but could have seen suspicion in doing that, so he just threw them out closest to the first place available. The dumping bin The whole sequence sounds too planned to be some serial killer situation. This was some sort of revenge type killing. To my knowledge, there was no one else on the court that day. It was almost 100 degrees outside and Mike was over-dressed for playing that day.

Satch

Hi Mary,

I agree! I am really into this case as well!

A clue that could be important is what did Mike talk about with the kids before going to the tennis court? It may tell little , or a lot. For years, I have been wanting to know this conversation! I wish we could contact the detective handling this case to see what is in the case file. WS policy prohibits users from contacting family members. But perhaps an insider might be able to recall if any important conversation existing among Mike's friends and he around 2:10-2:20PM that day, June 28, 1971.

To my knowledge Mike did not plan to be on the court with anyone else that day. The strangeness in that is, how does one play tennis alone? Unless the court had a ricochet wall for solo play, it would be very difficult to accomplish this task. The only way that this could have been a stranger abduction, which I talk about in past posts, is if someone branded a weapon, forcing Mike to go with him. In which case someone would have seen SOMETHING or heard screaming, there would be sign of a struggle on the court. There would be blood, physical evidence of a struggle there. Not saying that a quick stranger abduction is not possible, unless a weapon was pulled on Mike, forcing his abductor to go with him. I think he got into a car with someone he knew and trusted.

If this was a quick cold-blooded killing by a stranger, it would still take time to do the killing, hid the body, all without being seen or heard. It is possible. But the killer knowing, to hide the body in a shack 25 miles away near a dam. that would later be a part of Alum Creek Lake, shows that this was very likely a local killing. Get far enough away from the local community, get rid of the body, go out of the way, and come back to town like nothing had happened.

It is possible that the killer intended to burn Mike's clothes and glasses found nearby in the dumping bin, but could have seen suspicion in doing that, so he just threw them out closest to the first place available. The dumping bin The whole sequence sounds too planned to be some serial killer situation. This was some sort of revenge type killing. To my knowledge, there was no one else on the court that day. It was almost 100 degrees outside and Mike was over-dressed for playing that day.

Satch

I wouldn't totally rule out stranger danger. If someone pulled a gun on Michael, I think he would have gone quietly. I too wonder about the kids he met up with on his way to play tennis. Other than his family, were these kids the only ones to know his plans for that morning ?

Didn't a cleaning lady in one of the condos opposite the tennis court see Michael ? Was he playing using a wall ? Or did he actually plan to meet someone there that day ? maybe someone who had seen him playing in that location before ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alwaysseeking
Back