OH OH - Nancy Lee Eagleson, 14, Paulding Co, 13 November 1960

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

After reading all facts and available information. Can Nancys murder be solved?

• Total voters

ScottKaltbier

Dum Bum Bum...
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
On November 13th,1960 Nancy Eagleson 14 years old and her sister Merrill Eagleson (Now Miller) 5 years old were walking home after watching a movie at 100 West Perry. A light colored car stopped and a man who Merrill described as wearing glasses grabs Nancy and after abducting her rapes and murders Nancy by shooting the young woman in the head.
About 5 hours later 2 hunters find her body and reporting her location.
I wanted to see what we can build up on the case from the limited information.
Please try to be fixed on the facts in the case.
No need to make an already difficult case even more complex or attempt to take sides.
I doubt the case can be solved. I however think that using our collective experience, access to information, and willingness to work together in the effort can shed light and possibly give a more detailed factual account of the events.

<modsnip>

Welcome.

<ADMIN NOTE: New threads require mainstream (MSM) links to start. I have added the following link to justify opening the thread>

Paulding family hopes discovery of shoe can solve a 53-year-old murder

61134708_128892714823.jpg

[image from findagrave]

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you explain main stream media link.. And your unclear. Do I put the link in the title or add it to the orign thread?
MSM means links to articles that are verified like a news station, a news stations Facebook post, newspapers, YouTube videos regarding the case, etc.

The links go in the thread. The format of the title is how the others look. State, name, age, city, etc.

Last edited:
From 10/16/2013

A small-sized ladies black shoe was uncovered at the old Paulding County Jail site. It is possible that the shoe is part of the missing evidence from the case. Evidence that was found during the original investigation has been missing for many years, although it was supposedly stored in the old jail. Could this shoe be part of the missing evidence from the unsolved Nancy Eagleson murder case? A shoe, along with the slain teen's dress, scarf, purse and her personal belongings simply disappeared.

From 3/19/2020

Snip:
The death of Nancy Eagleson, a 14-year-old girl from the town, is puzzling. She died in 1960 and her body was found almost within an hour of her being reported missing by two hunters. She had been kidnapped and raped and then killed as she was walking home. Her personal belongings had simply just vanished. No one knew what happened to her.

Years later, in 2013, when renovations began, a small-sized ladies black shoe and a torn piece of clothing was found in the building. The family later identified it as Nancy's. What were her belongings doing in a closed jail basement inside a hidden tunnel-like space?

More at link:
'Portals to Hell': Jack Osbourne and Katrina Weidman run into old bones, grizzly murder and a sheriff's secret

Last edited:
NCMEC agents taking another look
By NANCY WHITAKER Times Bulletin Correspondent
Thursday, December 22, 2011 7:05 PM

PAULDING - Last week, two agents from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children were in Paulding working with Paulding County Sheriff Dave Harrow on the 51-year-old unsolved murder case of 14-year-old Nancy Eagleson.

The representatives included Richard J. Leonard, a forensic case manager, and David Jarrard, a Team Adam consultant. Together, the two men have over 50 years of experience in homicide and investigation.

The duo was in town for three days with the Paulding County Sheriff's Department. They offered resources and gathered information about the case. They also met and spoke with Eagleson family members

[...]

Interesting that there is no NamUS case. I wonder if with all the clothing and personal belongings if they've been able to extract DNA.

upload_2020-5-9_18-1-30.png

I guess I was thinking that's where we'd know about DNA but yeah, you're right. I wish there was a follow up about the perps DNA is what I really mean.

CODIS
The Combined DNA Index System, or CODIS, blends forensic science and computer technology into a tool for linking violent crimes. It enables federal, state, and local forensic laboratories to exchange and compare DNA profiles electronically, thereby linking serial violent crimes to each other and to known offenders.
Combined DNA Index System (CODIS) — FBI

CODIS
The Combined DNA Index System, or CODIS, blends forensic science and computer technology into a tool for linking violent crimes. It enables federal, state, and local forensic laboratories to exchange and compare DNA profiles electronically, thereby linking serial violent crimes to each other and to known offenders.
Combined DNA Index System (CODIS) — FBI
Yes, I understand. Thank heavens for this system. It would be cool to know if there was any DNA of anyone, that they could get a hit on or maybe research with genetic genealogy.

I am so far understanding that the evidence of her murder Her clothing, Purse, evidence that forensics wise would be greatly important disappeared. That it was stored at the Sherrifs office (The Sherrif and his family lived above the office in a private residential area). To me that raised a huge flag as to that even occuring and how if it did how it was not a huge problem with the state not becoming involved once investigation by local authorities was so greatly harmed by the evidence chain of protection being so grossly mishandled.
I would like to know the facts about that part as detailed as possible.
If you hand over that type of evidence of a childs murder and rape and it is lost that means a very small circle of people lost it... then how it is explained and by whome is really going to make me demand some investigations of that office...

Interesting that there is no NamUS case. I wonder if with all the clothing and personal belongings if they've been able to extract DNA.

View attachment 246227

Really I doubt that was much more than a publicity stunt. One thing was that the items were allegedly found where it was impossible for someone to have been able to hide it..
Like as it was described its found after digging in an area that was between a sealed space that they had torn down that I understand was older than 1960.
Also no other stuff was found so that seems questionable that a small piece of cloth and a shoe are found but nothing else... its not likely that the person who is trying to hide the evidence would hide only one shoe.
The case was that all her stuff was found and later after the person who killed her knew that was going to be very carefully examined could place her in his car and was able to get into the evidence area and that it disappeared means that the person who had the evidence either killed her or knew who did and used it for something that benefited them greatly.
But even if it was for blackmail the person would not have destroyed the evidence they would have in my opinion secured it so the leverage can be used.

From 10/16/2013

A small-sized ladies black shoe was uncovered at the old Paulding County Jail site. It is possible that the shoe is part of the missing evidence from the case. Evidence that was found during the original investigation has been missing for many years, although it was supposedly stored in the old jail. Could this shoe be part of the missing evidence from the unsolved Nancy Eagleson murder case? A shoe, along with the slain teen's dress, scarf, purse and her personal belongings simply disappeared.

I am so far understanding that the evidence of her murder Her clothing, Purse, evidence that forensics wise would be greatly important disappeared. That it was stored at the Sherrifs office (The Sherrif and his family lived above the office in a private residential area). To me that raised a huge flag as to that even occuring and how if it did how it was not a huge problem with the state not becoming involved once investigation by local authorities was so greatly harmed by the evidence chain of protection being so grossly mishandled.
I would like to know the facts about that part as detailed as possible.
If you hand over that type of evidence of a childs murder and rape and it is lost that means a very small circle of people lost it... then how it is explained and by whome is really going to make me demand some investigations of that office...
Can you source this info? What makes you think it as stored in the personal living quarters? Do you have inside knowledge or is this your opinion?

Really I doubt that was much more than a publicity stunt. One thing was that the items were allegedly found where it was impossible for someone to have been able to hide it..
Like as it was described its found after digging in an area that was between a sealed space that they had torn down that I understand was older than 1960.
Also no other stuff was found so that seems questionable that a small piece of cloth and a shoe are found but nothing else... its not likely that the person who is trying to hide the evidence would hide only one shoe.
The case was that all her stuff was found and later after the person who killed her knew that was going to be very carefully examined could place her in his car and was able to get into the evidence area and that it disappeared means that the person who had the evidence either killed her or knew who did and used it for something that benefited them greatly.
But even if it was for blackmail the person would not have destroyed the evidence they would have in my opinion secured it so the leverage can be used.
The quality of the cotton and its environment would determine how quickly it would deteriorate. If all of the personal effects were there, say in a cardboard box, the box would deteriorate on the soil, the bottom would collapse when moved. The items may have been missed or the person was in a rush.

Is this statement your opinion or do you have a source?
The case was that all her stuff was found and later after the person who killed her knew that was going to be very carefully examined could place her in his car and was able to get into the evidence area

Can you source this info? What makes you think it as stored in the personal living quarters? Do you have inside knowledge or is this your opinion?
I have no proof of the evidence and where it was lost but I believe that in the Portals to Hell episode it was mentioned that at that time the Sherrifs office was the place it was in chain the chain of custody of the Sherrif. That the Sherrif and his family lived above the office in a residence.
That office by the way was a half block from the theater where Nancy and her little sister started walking home from...
So if that in fact the evidence was in that office and that it disappears is really a huge red flag to me.
Right now I am thinking about a facts point of view and if above occured points to a very limited suspects list.
I think the hunters deciding to go hunting... and just so be in the exact same area that a person is brutally murdered seems very interesting too...
If she is located in such a quick time I suspect that to be a lot of coincidentally timed events all allowed to put together a controlled investigation.
I think if the Sherrif lost the evidence and the girl was found in an hour that means that the hunters and the sheriff probably are part in the event in some way.
If the sherrif lost the evidence and she is found 5 hours later still seem very tight. In an hour for that brutal of an attack to be happening in the area hunters are going to be the ones to find her seems just really convenient.
Now for whom or what reasons... ?
But losing all the evidence of the murder seems like a huge thing to explain or make just a simple oopps...

<modsnip: It is against TOS to accuse a person who is not an officially named POI/suspect>

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a link to a timeline mapping I am working on.
I am looking for the locations of where she was found by the hunters and any other specifics that identify the 2 hunters and where they lived or related would be nice.
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

On November 13th,1960 Nancy Eagleson 14 years old and her sister Merrill Eagleson (Now Miller) 5 years old were walking home after watching a movie at 100 West Perry. A light colored car stopped and a man who Merrill described as wearing glasses grabs Nancy and after abducting her rapes and murders Nancy by shooting the young woman in the head.
About 5 hours later 2 hunters find her body and reporting her location.
I wanted to see what we can build up on the case from the limited information.
Please try to be fixed on the facts in the case.
No need to make an already difficult case even more complex or attempt to take sides.
I doubt the case can be solved. I however think that using our collective experience, access to information, and willingness to work together in the effort can shed light and possibly give a more detailed factual account of the events.

<modsnip>

Welcome.

<ADMIN NOTE: New threads require mainstream (MSM) links to start. I have added the following link to justify opening the thread>

61134708_128892714823.jpg

[image from findagrave]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member