OH - Newborn baby found dead in garbage truck with umbilical cord still attached, Plain City, June 16, 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Ebon

Former Member
Reaction score

A newborn baby girl was found dead in the back of an Ohio garbage truck on Thursday, the umbilical cord still attached.

Plain City Police said the the city’s contracted waste management company found the infant in the back of the truck Thursday afternoon on Bluestem Lane.

The baby was taken to the Montgomery County Coroner’s Office for an autopsy, but preliminary results did not immediately reveal a cause of death, police said on Friday.

I’m sure they will be comparing DNA to locate the mother and/or father. There’s no need for cases like this to go cold with the advanced genetic technology we have in place today.

June 22, 2023

Thanks to community donations, the town will be hosting a memorial Saturday at the Ferguson Funeral Home, followed by a burial at Forest Grove Cemetery. McKee said this was a joint collaboration from multiple village agencies coming together.

My guess is that this was a young lady who could not care for an infant and was too scared to ask for help. Maybe also did not want her ID known.
Poor little sweet baby, didn't even have a chance to breathe.

Police initially believed the girl, later named “Madison”, was between zero days to one month old. A release from Plain City police said a preliminary autopsy showed the newborn was female and that her umbilical cord was still attached.

In December, a Madison County Coroner’s Office report stated the baby had multiple fractures and had blunt force trauma to areas of the head, neck, torso, pelvis and extremities, but the report did not determine the actual cause of death, or whether the death was natural, an accident, or a homicide.

Madison County Coroner James Kaehr released a statement that read in part, “Madison’s body demonstrated many injuries and abnormalities. Several of these could be lethal in isolation, i.e., they could cause death even if they were the only abnormality present. Without having more information regarding when and how each abnormality developed, we are unable to determine with reasonable certainty which one (or combination) ultimately resulted in Madison’s death.”

Residents of Plain City came together the following weekend to mourn the loss of Madison. Services were organized by Plain City first responders, who surrounded the hearse as the casket was being place and offered a salute. Hundreds of cars followed the hearse towards Forest Grove Cemetery while many residents gathered on the sidewalk to offer flowers to passing cars.

Blunt force trauma to the head, neck, torso, pelvis and extremeties....... what parts of the body didn't have blunt force trauma, that sounds like head to toe injuries basically, coupled with being found in a garbage truck. My mind is blown for how this wouldn't be considered a homicide.

Blunt force trauma to the head, neck, torso, pelvis and extremeties....... what parts of the body didn't have blunt force trauma, that sounds like head to toe injuries basically, coupled with being found in a garbage truck. My mind is blown for how this wouldn't be considered a homicide.
If the fractures were postmortem, they wouldn't be indicative of homicide. She was in the back of a garbage truck. Those things compact garbage as they go.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257
Back