GUILTY OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered - 4 Wagner Family Members Arrested #86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally don't see 4 being exonerated. At best I believe he can hope for a hung jury.

Hypothetical,
If hung jury, and the prosecutors say they'll retry the case, what are the chances of 4 being released on bond?

I think zero chance for bond.

Tonight he's probably wishing and hoping, praying and staying awake.

Edit: ..and cursing his family. If there's an honest bone, cursing himself.

Th

Think about it why would you burn a DVR to start with, That DVR was bought for Chris Sr Drug Grow Build and Weed sale, A Gift From The Wagner s, Think About This Way, if Big Chris had the DVR and Camera system the Wagner’s could hacked it and see all the coming and going’s at the Rhoden House, that is why it was burned, JMO

I suppose maybe attempting to destroy the hard-drive or any embedded chips? It looked like it was in one piece.

No hard drive was mentioned, but I've read a lot can be done to retrieve info from damaged hard discs. Wagners could have removed it.

Hard drives have awesome little magnets in them. :)

I know the burden of proof is on the prosecution, but if I were a juror I wouldn’t wonder “Why would George IV be there?” I’d think “Why ^wouldn’t* he?”
Iirc all the testimony about the intertwining lives of the four Wagners supports the idea that they were pretty much always in each other’s business- their finances, their crimes, the family meetings, the “All for one, one for all” mindset. So are we supposed to believe that sure, George IV was involved in 5000 other things that the family did, but for *just this one thing• (murdering the Rhodens & Hannah Hazel) the three of them discussed various scenarios, planned & prepped, did these awful murders, destroyed evidence & cleaned up… & totally kept it all secret from George VI? For what purpose would they have kept him in the dark?
Good point. Maybe he drew the line at murder? However, even if he said, NO, I don't agree with this, I'm backing out. If he was already in, and helped in some way, by planning or encouraging, prior to backing out, then he'd still be complicit, and an accomplice, I do believe. I think he was involved, I just am not comfortable that the defense has proven BARD. Too many holes. Based on polling it seems I'm not alone across most of the internet. Maybe one had to be there to "get" her tactics.

Last edited:
What about ... Was it a text? George telling Jake, "if they have the gun they have the silencer". In response to Schiederer sending Jake a pic of Walther Colt 1911 .22.

Also told them 13 times at the border, nobody could leave the house without me knowing.
I thought they sent the photo of the gun to G4. I didn't hear G4 say that was that in the truck cab?

I didn't hear G4 say that 13 x at the border, either. Was that more audio from the vehicles?

Some of those tapes I even slowed down and couldn't make them out.

I suppose maybe attempting to destroy the hard-drive or any embedded chips? It looked like it was in one piece.

No hard drive was mentioned, but I've read a lot can be done to retrieve info from damaged hard discs. Wagners could have removed it.

Hard drives have awesome little magnets in them. :)
Hard drives can be destroyed with also awesome, very large magnets.

I thought they sent the photo of the gun to G4. I didn't hear G4 say that was that in the truck cab?

I didn't hear G4 say that 13 x at the border, either. Was that more audio from the vehicles?

Some of those tapes I even slowed down and couldn't make them out.

Seems like I read the comment about the gun and silencer on my tv screen. I can be wrong, maybe someone said it. I thought AC said today the picture was sent to Jake. Could be wrong.

13x at the border came from closing arguments today.

The photo of the 1911 colt was sent by Ryan S to GW4.

Ok, I just remembered it wrong. But his comment to Jake was just after receiving the picture.

Brilliant move by Scheiderer. Must've felt like hitting a home run.

That statement proves he knew about the gun. imo So I fully believe what AC said today, he lied about the gun, and I feel he lied about Jake being at the gun show. Two gun nuts can't go to a show, buy three guns, and say nothing about them. mooo imooo

Ok, I just remembered it wrong. But his comment to Jake was just after receiving the picture.

That statement proves he knew about the gun. imo So I fully believe what AC said today, he lied about the gun, and I feel he lied about Jake being at the gun show. Two gun nuts can't go to a show, buy three guns, and say nothing about them. mooo imooo
IIRC, Billy was there too. Odd that GW4 could remember his dad going with him to the gun show, but not Jake.

I truly do think that they were trying to get G4 to work with them at first. "You're not like the others G". Sending him that pic was to see what they could get started. I didn't hear either of them say that about the silencer. They didn't find the 1911 til after JW made a plea, and it was in pieces, iirc.

So they showed him a pic of the 1911, it would be of one that was not found, in pieces, mixed in concrete in a bucket, and used as a weight, to hold down a goose box. If G4 actually knew where the 1911 was hidden, he'd have known that the firearm in the picture, could only be a photo of JWs firearm prior to the murders.

This is good....

Canepa: Boy is Angela a lucky guesser - she knew about truck without knowing Jake's testimony. George had said he didn't know where it went - never saw it after first day.

Biggest lie he told you - about that gun show in Columbus. Jan. 31 2015 when it happened. Why that lie? Because he cannot admit he was there with Jake when Jake bought the 1911. George also said on tape he never saw 1911 ever.
Jake didn't have a drivers license? Was it suspended? Was his truck not running? Did he forget how to drive? Did he need a chauffer?

Gun shows last from morning to night and usually go on for the weekend. Need to keep some things in mind. Like Jake could have went alone at an earlier or later time than George and Billy.

Just sayin'

JMO

Jmo the state said the planning and purchasing started Jan 2016 and Billy was the mastermind. To me this proves Jake and Angela lied on the stand because in late Feb in the text between Billy and Angela Billy was still talking about going to court. He did not have the BIG so call idea until after Jan. So with that proof it is another reason I believe Jake and Angela are both capable of lying on George. If I was on Jury I would like to see those text messages again to verify timeline.
He first mentioned the plan in March. That was only after she agreed to take the GK's and run away with him. Leave Jake and George on their own sans kids. Up until that time he wanted to go to court. But Angie kept nipping at his azz until she got her and jake's way. Kill them all.

JMO

The Facebook messages that AW hacked into revealed Hanna's comment about "they'll have to kill me first". Angela shared Hanna's message with both Jake and GW4. The planning began not long after that.

JMO, they were planning for either eventuality - court or murder. It was pretty obvious that they had next to zero chance of winning in court.
Well then Jake and Angie started planning alone, since George said he never saw the message and Billy was still out running drugs to get money for an attorney to take Hannah to court and money for a motel room for him and Angie and BW to have some fun in.

I have never seen a more incompetent and boring closing. I was wondering if she was going to finish before Deering kicked off of old age.
LMAO

In addressing jury before court recessed for day, judge stated defense would enter its closing statement tomorrow and prosecution has the right to enter a rebuttal statement.
has the right to enter a rebuttal statement

OMG!!! Will Deering make it through rebuttal? Someone get that man some Ensure.

JMO

I honestly thought the judge gave out jury instructions. She's giving out jury instructions. I have not been able to listen, just a bit here and there. It's just sensory overload, auditory most especially. I cannot follow her. All the uhms, right, etc... I will say, I've not heard the term, "Ollie, Ollie, in-come, free" , in many a moon.
I thought I heard snoring but realized it was probably Deering taking his afternoon nap early.

JMO

Tuesday, November 29th:
*Trial continues (Day 47)-CLOSING ARGUMENTS (Day 2) (@ 8:30am ET) - OH - Pike County 8 people dead: Christopher Rhoden, Sr. (40), his ex-wife, Dana Manley Rhoden (37), their three children, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden (20), Christopher Jr. (16), Hanna Mae (19); Frankie's fiancée, Hannah Hazel Gilley (20), Christopher Rhoden Sr.'s brother, Kenneth Rhoden (44), & a cousin, Gary Rhoden (37). Hanna Rhoden's baby girl (5 days old), another baby (6 mos.) & a young child (3) were unharmed. (April 21-22, 2016, Pebbles) – for *George Washington Wagner IV (27/now 31) (Jakes’ bro) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18), charged (11/15/18) & arraigned (11/28/18) with 8 counts aggravated murder, (plus gun specifications on each), 1 count of 1st degree conspiracy, 4 counts of 1st degree aggravated burglary, 1 count of 5th degree unlawful possession of dangerous ordnance, 3 counts of 3rd degree evidence tampering, 1 count of 5th degree forgery, 1 count of 5th degree unauthorized use of computer or telecommunications, 1 count of 4th degree interception of wire, oral or electronic communication, 1 count of 5th degree obstructing justice, & 1 count of 1st degree engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will seek the DP. Per Jake’s plea agreement, DP is off the table only for Jake if his testimony is truthful. But George still faces the DP as he did not take a deal. DP dropped by Judge on 11/22/22.
Trial began on 8/29/22 with final jury selection & the jury was seated on 8/30/22. 12 Jurors & 6 alternates. Jury: (9 women & 3 men) & 6 alternates: (5 women & 1 man). 9/30/22: Ill juror replaced with alternate. 12 jurors & 5 alternates. Jury: (9 women & 3 men) & 5 alternates (4 women & 1 man). A few are in their late 20s or 30s, but most are in their 40s or 50s.
Trial began with opening statements on Monday, 9/12/22 & ended on 11/18/22. State rested their case on 11/18/22. Defense rested their case 11/18/22. Closing arguments began on 11/28/22 for State. Closing for defense on 11/29/22.

Crime info & court hearings from 11/28/18 thru 9/6/22 & Trial Day 1-45 (9/12 to 11/18/22) no court/jury on 10/27, 11/4 & 11/11, 11/14 & 11/21 & 11/22/22 reference post #6 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...d-4-wagner-family-members-arrested-86.647353/

11/28/22 Monday, Trial Day 46: Judge has given draft of jury instructions to both sides as well as verdict forms to review tonight & finalize before giving them to jury tomorrow. Judge Deering told the jury that the death penalty is "no longer possible in this case" & that they will not be sequestered.
Closing arguments for State by Angela Canepa.
For info see post #16 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...d-4-wagner-family-members-arrested-86.647353/
For info see posts #21, 32 & 33 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...gner-family-members-arrested-86.647353/page-2
For info see posts #45, 47, 49, 50, 52, 54, 55, 57 & 60 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...gner-family-members-arrested-86.647353/page=3
For info see posts #62, 65, 67, 69, 70, 72, 73 & 79 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...gner-family-members-arrested-86.647353/page=4
For info see posts #81, 83, 84, 87, 90, 93, 95, 97 to 99 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...gner-family-members-arrested-86.647353/page=5
For info see posts #102, 103, 107, 109, 113, 115 & 118 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...gner-family-members-arrested-86.647353/page=6
For info see posts #121, 126 (recap of morning), 129, 130, 131, 134 & 135 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...gner-family-members-arrested-86.647353/page=7
For info see posts #145, 151, 155, 156 & 158 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...gner-family-members-arrested-86.647353/page=8
For info see posts #162, 166, 168, 175 & 179 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...gner-family-members-arrested-86.647353/page=9
For info see posts #206, 207 (article), 209 & 211 (article) here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ner-family-members-arrested-86.647353/page=11
Judge Deering denies all of defense's jury instruction motions but will instruct the jury about certain ones.
Closing arguments for defense continued on Tuesday, 11/29/22.

If the prosecution turned over the MT border recording to the defense, why wouldn't have George known what he said at border? Surely he did know what he said at the border, right? I firmly believe he had to know. But Why wouldn't the defense team have coached him further on that? Really blows my mind. You know they had the recording, right? Why not come up with story, I was covering for my family because they were being harrassed and I didn't believe they did this? Weird they didn't coach him to that effect. The other side is, if the defense already had the recording, why would it matter if prosecution played it even before George testified? They already had it right? The reason I question the border recording is that even after George lied on the stand, what harm would the prosecution have in playing the recording after he testified to prove to the jury that he lied on the stand? That could have been the Ah HA for the state to the jury in his own words IMO. What was so damaging to the state on that recording? I get what was damaging to the defense, HE LIED. Just weird. Just debating really. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper