GUILTY OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered - 4 Wagner Family Members Arrested #86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

He’s guilty CC!

Yes Johnny, wow! On ALL Counts. If he was offered a 30 year deal, and we don't know if he could have gotten that deal, but if he could have gotten Angela's deal he sure regrets not taking it now.

We all know what his sentence will be.

I am looking forward to posting his prison mugshot and what prison they send him to. Right after he is sentenced he will be taken to a prison intake center and go through a long process of a whole list of things they have to do for new inmates. They will evaluate him and give him a classification and decide where and how he should be housed.

He will be the first Wagner in prison. You go to prison only after sentencing. Jake and Angela are still not sentenced, they are "on stand by" in case they are needed for Billy's trial. Watch the Docket closely to see what Billy's attorneys file for him.

Thanks for not leaving the thread. We still have Billy left and 4 sentence hearings to go. I say 4 because if Billy goes to trial I think it will end like George's just did.

I do think George testifying hurt him or made it easier for the jury because it make it less about Jake and Angela and more about his story and if it was believable. I think the defense argument that George didn't know until Jake confessed hurt them. It was not believable.

This jury didn't have to decide do we think George took his gun and shot someone. They had to decide do we think George knew before this crime, do we think he knew about any of the purchases, do we think he knew after. Do we think he signed that custody document knowing it was fake.

We get all worked up in the details like did he wear the Walmart shoes, was he in the truck bed, was there hay or straw on it, did Jake lie about the truck or Billy shooting Frankie after he did.. etc. We discussed round and round things that the jury didn't need to know 100% in order to make a decision. So I don't think the jury had to decide do we believe they were in the truck bed or did they wear the Walmart shoes, or many of the other things that we discussed into the ground. They only needed to decide if they believe what George said. Once he took the stand to tell how he had no idea and all his ranting was just paranoia and lack of sleep and so on.. I think it helped the jury.

In every court, jurors are instructed to consider both direct and circumstantial evidence. Either can be used to prove any fact. The law makes no distinction between the weight to be given to either direct or circumstantial evidence.

And every juror attested by their signature that they found beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant GW4 was guilty of each indicted count, and that the state of Ohio proved the charges beyond a reasonable doubt.

The burden was on the state, and it could not be more clear than this.

Thank you!

I really hope the jurors give interviews. If they do please post!!!!!

I love your deep thought out posts and would love to hear why you think the jury was able to decide 22 counts so quickly. I can hardly believe it.

I am interested in hearing what everyone thinks about how the jury was able to reach a verdict on 22 counts so quickly.

What does everyone think? Did George taking the stand hurt him?

Sorry. I should go back to read the posts, posters probably already gave these opinions. I am still taking time for this to all sink in!

I never expected a verdict for days! I feel hyper, like I drank a bunch of coffee or something! I'm feeling very emotional too towards the families. All these emotions.
I didn't expect a verdict so quickly and I'm going to be scrambling trying to catch up. I am also feeling very emotional about this. I absolutely think the jury got it right and as for the quick response from the jury, my thoughts are that GW4 taking the stand did not help him. That said, I was never worried that he was going to walk. There was too much evidence. To me, the most compelling evidence was that his own brother and mother testified against him. Jake knows he is going to die in prison and AW probably hopes that she does. In 30 years, if she lives, she will be elderly with nowhere to go. I never thought that either of them got sweetheart deals. All JMO

Oh I hope so. I do wonder if they will refile charges against her.
I'm not sure if they will refile the charges related to the W4's case. I do though think they found 'financial irregularities' in her NFP's during the course of the investigations. I'd not be surprised if charges related to that are filed.

JMO

verdict reached, am astonished, they couldn't have gone over even one day's testimony never mind months,

so I expect G on all charges,
IMO, they didn't need to go over the evidence, it was shown and explained very precisely. It's that niggling at the back of your neck, the churning of your stomach and the adrenaline rush having to accept that these monsters did this to members of their community and one was right in front of them. Three down one to go!!

Going to prison, with the I am a coward and did not shoot will. Will serve him well, his being super bad GW4 image. He will regret he didn't stand up and tell the truth. This will only help him, becoming a person that get his butt kicked often. Maybe some of those people he was stealing, from gets to be in the same cell block.
I respectfully disagree... I'm not sure there are too many people (even in prison) who would think someone who chooses not to shoot sleeping people in their beds is a coward. Young women with babies and little children, at that.
ETA: Although I do think that someone who won't shoot under those circumstances and yet doesn't report the murder plan to LE long before it became reality is a coward. Turn them in to LE and use it as a wonderful opportunity to break ties with his family; once and for all. That would have been the only sane and brave thing to do, imo.

Last edited:
it's about 6-7 hours of the jury having the case, I would have been there days, as I have not been able to discuss it before, and I would have wanted to hear all 11 jurors' opinions on all the evidence, and what they thought about each witness,

much of the time they will have been out for will have been filling in the verdict forms and ensuring all 12 agree, so they obviously all had come to their conclusions pre going into deliberations, and once they could discuss it they must have pretty quickly come to a consensus for each charge,
They'd heard enough and wanted to go home to the sanctuary of their homes and hug their loved ones. Being in the midst of this carnage took it's toll, JMO.

I wonder if Fredericka will ever do an interview.
I wonder what the income is like at the farm, scene all the stolen fuel, feed, live stock and equipment has came to a halt, now that Jake George and Billy has been in jail, remember what Jake said that him and the other 2 Wagner’s would steal what they need to run the farm, JMO

I do think George testifying hurt him or made it easier for the jury because it make it less about Jake and Angela and more about his story and if it was believable. I think the defense argument that George didn't know until Jake confessed hurt them. It was not believable.

This jury didn't have to decide do we think George took his gun and shot someone. They had to decide do we think George knew before this crime, do we think he knew about any of the purchases, do we think he knew after. Do we think he signed that custody document knowing it was fake.

We get all worked up in the details like did he wear the Walmart shoes, was he in the truck bed, was there hay or straw on it, did Jake lie about the truck or Billy shooting Frankie after he did.. etc. We discussed round and round things that the jury didn't need to know 100% in order to make a decision. So I don't think the jury had to decide do we believe they were in the truck bed or did they wear the Walmart shoes, or many of the other things that we discussed into the ground. They only needed to decide if they believe what George said. Once he took the stand to tell how he had no idea and all his ranting was just paranoia and lack of sleep and so on.. I think it helped the jury.

Very good insight as usual. Thanks for replying to my post.

Wow. Your right, George's attorneys saying he didn't know until Jake confessed is too far out in left field. Plus, the evidence had come in, enough for George to see how guilty Jake was way before his confession.

But of course we know that George knew all along.

You make an excellent point about the evidence details. That the jury did not have to debate all those details.
That it came down to believing George or not. This helps me understand how the jury was able to find him guilty so quickly.

YES I think it was fast because it was easy. I just said this on FB too, but once George testified, I think Jake's exact version or what Angela said didn't hold as much weight. They didn't have to believe everything or even anything those 2 said to find him guilty. They could listen to his story and decide if that was believable. It was not. He was not believable. His story that he knew nothing until April of 2021 is bull. All of his excuses were not believable. I think all guilty including all specifications sends a message loud and clear.

George should be thanking his brother because he likely saved his life.
I agree. GW4's story did not add up and it was impossible for me to believe that he knew nothing until April of 2021. As despicable of a person that JW is, he likely did save his brother's life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper