OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #53

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always felt he had second thoughts after he came down on the bus, and very possibly became convinced it was cartel after the brutality of it all started to come out. Many folks did believe that it was cartel related, especially early on.

I used to have a link, but no longer do, but yes, FW gave money to his causes. JMO

Incredible. Didn't know this. Why didn't they move to Canada?

Extradition - Wikipedia

Death penalty : Many jurisdictions, such as Australia, Canada, Macao, New Zealand, South Africa, and most European nations except Belarus, will not allow extradition if the death penalty may be imposed on the suspect unless they are assured that the death sentence will not be passed or carried out.

Supposedly they moved so S wouldn't hear them being accused of the murders
but the rumors followed them there (according to Jake who lies all the time). But Billy needed his mom's money and went back to work for her, I assume because they were back within a year and he was arrested (poor Robin) taking a horse to the vet hospital

If they planned out the back end as well as they planned out the murders, they'd have fled to a country without extradition, way far away, immediately after. I don't think they had a back plan, b/c I don't think they thought they needed one. Everyone would think it was someone(s) it wasn't and they'd never be caught. They'd commit the perfect crime. Must've been a real shocker when that "laser focus" statement was made...

IMO, yes, Johnny.
If this was Billy Wagners spreadsheet why was it left at Big Bear Lake, something to think about,
We talked about none of the Wagners going to the Church or to any of the Funerals but RW didn’t go to any of them ether also the request for a horse ride for donations to the Rhodens funerals was denied by RW, I wonder how far the fear of FW goes? JMO

If this was Billy Wagners spreadsheet why was it left at Big Bear Lake, something to think about,
We talked about none of the Wagners going to the Church or to any of the Funerals but RW didn’t go to any of them ether also the request for a horse ride for donations to the Rhodens funerals was denied by RW, I wonder how far the fear of FW goes? JMO

Johnny, I'm sorry if I misled. I believe the actual Discovery documents says those cell phone messages pinged off a cell tower in the area of BBL. They were not "found" there. Hope this helps. JMO

Johnny, I'm sorry if I misled. I believe the actual Discovery documents says those cell phone messages pinged off a cell tower in the area of BBL. They were not "found" there. Hope this helps. JMO
Loomis
By the cell phone messages in the area of the BBL I wonder if Billy Wagner was stocking Big Chris at the time the cell towers pinge?
I still think the smaller business owners in Pike County area fear the Wagners, I read a article in 2017 about a person hiring (The Accused) back in the day, at a junkyard for parts a couple weeks later the owner was robbed and lost a lot of car parts he couldn’t prove who did but the (The Accused) quit the next day, has anyone else scene that article? IMO
Thank you Loomis
I am just trying to get everyone brainstorming, we have all been with this a long time and until there is justice the Rhodens/Gilley & Manley families will have no piece, they need closure & justice and we all need to here the truth of what happened, IMO

So I have a question, is this a stupid question?
What did Rita lie about?

“It’s not a good, Christian thing to lie, so I didn’t want to do that anymore,” she (Rita) said.

It's my understanding Angie wanted her to lie and claim she signed the documents but that is not how Rita pleaded. Rita pleaded not guilty and that is not a lie, she wasn't guilty.

That's how I understand it as well.

Loomis
By the cell phone messages in the area of the BBL I wonder if Billy Wagner was stocking Big Chris at the time the cell towers pinge?
I still think the smaller business owners in Pike County area fear the Wagners, I read a article in 2017 about a person hiring (The Accused) back in the day, at a junkyard for parts a couple weeks later the owner was robbed and lost a lot of car parts he couldn’t prove who did but the (The Accused) quit the next day, has anyone else scene that article? IMO

Thank you Loomis
I am just trying to get everyone brainstorming, we have all been with this a long time and until there is justice the Rhodens/Gilley & Manley families will have no piece, they need closure & justice and we all need to here the truth of what happened, IMO

Not familiar with the stolen car parts you're referring to, sorry Johnny. Can you be more specific or post an article?

Not familiar with the stolen car parts you're referring to, sorry Johnny. Can you be more specific or post an article?
I can’t find it now but it was on Reddit or Crime Stoppers I read about the car part store and it happened years ago but the rain of fear has been with the Wagners along time, JMO

JMO, but I find no substantial records of the Wagners ever planning to move anywhere but Alaska, to join their longtime friends the Cinereski's, from Minford. FW can even be found in a Google search in AK.

As to Dailey, I would just note that addresses and those who live/d there shed much light. As of now, as far as I can tell, he has gone rogue and his wife and kids no longer acknowledge him, at least according to FB. This makes me think he is hiding from something. JMO based on research.

CC, what motion are you referring to? Thanks.

POSTED ON OCTOBER 8, 2019 BY PORTSMOUTH DAILY TIMES
Past suspect behaviors......... may play part in Rhoden trials

"As one example of the motions argued Tuesday, defense attorney Gregory Meyers asked the court not to allow the prosecution to mention his client’s alleged previous behavior during his murder trial."

09/17/2019 DEFENDANT'S MOTION #23 MOTION TO EXCLUDE ANY EVIDENCE RELATING TO OTHER CRIMES, WRONGS OR ACTS FILED

10/08/2019 STATE'S RESPONSE TO DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO EXCLUDE ANY EVIDENCE RELATING TO OTHER CRIMES, WRONGS OR ACTS FILED

Last edited:
The Supplemental Discovery Evidence says QUOTE:

BBL (1 excel sheet)

I don't see it mentioned that there were cell tower pings in that area. However, I will go back through the discovery to double-check it.

Thank you CC. I think we all stimulate each other in different ways, and I think that's a good thing. I love your bolded words and your strong feelings for Justice showing through. It is encouraging to me to see others who don't try to straddle the fence here. It's fine if some haven't decided sides yet, but this site is a victim-friendly site and it gets on my last nerve when they are bashed or the alleged killers are supported. JMO

Thank you for being here!
Well in that case, Cool Cats will keep posting! Thankx for your kind words..:)..We are in it to win it ---
Justice...!!!!
Our patience will pay off....The families will receive their due.

Well in that case, Cool Cats will keep posting! Thankx for your kind words..:)..We are in it to win it ---
Justice...!!!!
Our patience will pay off....The families will receive their due.
Hey CC
Did you see in Angela discovery documents that LE took 29 photos of Electronic Items found at 52 Havener and at Flying W?
Isn’t that where Rita and her mother lives?

As I looked back today at all that has taken place, Bruce Dailey seems to play a major, major part. He was Jake Wagner's attorney in the custody battle wit Hanna. He is as also related or associated with Roysters and Gormans. Google is my friend. Don't know if this is relevant to the murders and Wagners or not..
Just saying.

Good find.
My opinion, before all trials are over, the Royster name will come up in one way or another.

Last edited:
Agree, CC. Great post.

I remember early on, some FB posts from one of HR's cousins, telling about how JW treated HR. One post included him pushing her down outside porch steps. I always acquainted this episode eith the alleged fight between BW and CWSR at the time. JMO since I don't have links.

Does anyone remember the article where LM said, 'They (LE) was dowm there just a week ago" (referring to Dana's place, I think)? So many things were happening then...the Road Rage Lady and her threats, FB threats against CRJR from Mongold and Jones, and prior to these, Tommy Gorman, Jr. and Frankie having words on FB (reason for FR and CRJR going to the Gormans). So many things unknown. Drugs and derby cars. IMO, the Wagners were baiting and egging it all on. But I do think drugs were involved, too, especially with Jones and Mongold, who were attempting to collect a debt. All JMO
Something about that "joyriding" incident never set right with me.

Thank you CC. I think we all stimulate each other in different ways, and I think that's a good thing. I love your bolded words and your strong feelings for Justice showing through. It is encouraging to me to see others who don't try to straddle the fence here. It's fine if some haven't decided sides yet, but this site is a victim-friendly site and it gets on my last nerve when they are bashed or the alleged killers are supported. JMO

Thank you for being here!

I have never been on the fence about the Wagners guilt. I have been convinced it was them for years now. Early on I considered other people and other motives (stolen cars, drugs trafficking, cockfighting, dog fighting, derby racing, ect) but nothing ever fit.

If it was a Mexican drug cartel why kill everyone? I happen to know a little about Mexican drug cartels since my DIL is from Mexico and still has all her family there. I rang up her mother, who is in Mexico and asked her opinion. She said if it was the cartel they would absolutely not go from house to house killing members of one family. She said if 8 members of one family was in one house at the same time and the cartel came in to kill someone they might kill them all so as to not leave witnesses. But even that would be unusual because the cartel knows the remaining family members are not going to talk anyway so they leave them alive. If it was a local drug ring they would have killed maybe Chris, Kenny and Gary, but why go kill Dana, Junior and Hannah? An American drug ring would have known what a crap storm going door to door killing 8 family members in four different houses would have brought down on them and their operation.

I considered stolen cars, but if it was a stolen car ring, again why kill Dana, Junior and Hannah? Or Frankie and Hanna? Ditto with cockfighting or dogfighting. If it was derby racing why kill Dana, Junior and Hannah? Or Chris, Gary and Kenny? If any of them like Chris, Kenny, Gary, Dana or Frankie was involved in something illegal why kill any of the others?

So if none of the other motives was reasonable then it had to be a custody battle. Lenny mentioned a custody dispute right off the bat. Since Lenny was the closest to most of the victims you had to take what he said seriously.

I considered briefly that it could have been over the incident with RA and that the charges may have caused her to get involved with CPS and lose her children. But if so why kill Kenny, Chris, Gary, Frankie, Hanna or Hannah? RA was a relative. Why kill so many of her family members over something like that when with the charges against her she would have gotten her children back in a short time anyway?

I considered ChelR. But there was not even a hint of trouble between CR and Frankie and they had been split up for a couple of years if they were ever a serious couple to begin with.

The only recent breakup that involved custody was Jake and Hannah. And their breakup had been in that "First year" timeline given by all the experts as the most dangerous time for a battered woman after she left her abuser. So it all kept coming back to Jake.

But why kill them all? Why go door to door and kill 8 of her family members? Then I considered how many other men had did the same thing, with one man killing his wife , her sister, her BIL and then driving 90 miles to kill his wife's parents. I thought about his mumbled excuse that his wife's family was keeping her away from him. Not allowing him to see her or her to come back to him. That was my light bulb moment.

Jake. But how did he go to that many houses and kill that many people alone? The answer was, he didn't. He had help. Then Lenny talked about Billy and Jake coming to Chris's house and trying to get Hanna to sign away her parental rights. So that meant Jake's family was involved and had to have helped him.

The only one I was ever on the fence about was George. I could see Jake's motive. He hated Hanna for leaving him and hated her family for keeping him from her. I could see Billy's motive. Chris had been a close friend and he saw Chris shutting down that parental rights thing and keeping Jake from dragging Hannah home as a betrayal of that friendship. I could see Angela's motive. Jake probably filled her head full of the danger SW was in and how she would never see her grand daughter again.

But George. I could never see what George stood to gain from it all. It wasn't his kid, his GF, his fight. So why did he get involved? Then I thought about that rumored fight in which Billy lost. That must have been a huge blow for a man as big as Billy to lose to short chubby Chris. Then I saw George's motive. No one does that to his daddy and gets away with it. Ditto for Fred. No one does that to her son.

From that moment on it was all the Wagners for me. I am still on the fence about Rita, feeling that she might have been duped by her daughter or that her notary stamp might have been stolen by her daughter. But then again, blood is thicker than water and Rita did plead guilty.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members