OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #54

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you CC for the clarification, without seeing the report I will say that is shows to the chariter of the W4.

Report Date 8-15-2018

Incident Occurred
From 4-1-2018
Until 7-1-2018

Offense Description
Identity Fraud
F-5 Felony - 5
No Forced Entry

Offense Description
Threats or Harassment
M-1 Misdemeanor - 1
No Forced Entry

(names --private anonymous)
(place --private anonymous)
(incident report # --private anonymous)

Last edited:
Any news on Angela's court date on 4/23 being moved to say June?
TIA! :)
As of today AW's next court date is still scheduled for 4/23. I found this on the Pike County Common Pleas Courtsite under "Announcements"

March 25, 2020

In the matter of changes instituted to maintain continuity of court operations during the Covid-19 Pandemic. Unless and until otherwise ordered, this court will remain open during regular hours (weekdays from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.) with restrictions and with reduced staff. Please read the document below for more details.
(I can't find the "document below" link).

Home

According to this Announcement the Court will be open .

I'm not familiar with the up-to-date Ohio lock down rules, so take it with a grain of salt.

Stay healthy everyone:)

As of today AW's next court date is still scheduled for 4/23. I found this on the Pike County Common Pleas Courtsite under "Announcements"

March 25, 2020

In the matter of changes instituted to maintain continuity of court operations during the Covid-19 Pandemic. Unless and until otherwise ordered, this court will remain open during regular hours (weekdays from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.) with restrictions and with reduced staff. Please read the document below for more details.
(I can't find the "document below" link).

Home

According to this Announcement the Court will be open .

I'm not familiar with the up-to-date Ohio lock down rules, so take it with a grain of salt.

Stay healthy everyone:)
Seems like it’s still on

Angela's hearing moved to June along with Billy and Jake.

Angela Wagner:

06/24/2020 01:30 PM PRE-TRIAL

This is the last information posted for GW4:

01/21/2020 02:00 PM PRE-TRIAL

02/10/2020 RESPONSE TO DEFENDANTS' MOTION FOR ORDER APPOINTING COORDINATING DISCOVERY ATTORNEY

One of the last things that happened was GW4's attorney listening to GW4 on recordings....Hummm.....

02/06/2020 JOURNAL ENTRY:

"..Counsel for each of the parties confirmed to the Court that counsel for the State of Ohio intends to inform counsel for the Defendant concerning certain parts of the recordings of conversations delivered as part of the discovery that the Defendant's attorneys may wish to focus upon.. "

Makes ya wonder.....what on earth was on those recordings? My opinion? Can't be good.
tc_electronic_960816001_wiretap_riff_recorder_1465992329_1259166.jpg

Last edited:
Angela's hearing moved to June along with Billy and Jake.

Angela Wagner:

06/24/2020 01:30 PM PRE-TRIAL

This is the last information posted for GW4:

01/21/2020 02:00 PM PRE-TRIAL

02/10/2020 RESPONSE TO DEFENDANTS' MOTION FOR ORDER APPOINTING COORDINATING DISCOVERY ATTORNEY

One of the last things that happened was GW4's attorney listening to GW4 on recordings....Hummm.....

02/06/2020 JOURNAL ENTRY:

"..Counsel for each of the parties confirmed to the Court that counsel for the State of Ohio intends to inform counsel for the Defendant concerning certain parts of the recordings of conversations delivered as part of the discovery that the Defendant's attorneys may wish to focus upon.. "

Makes ya wonder.....what on earth was on those recordings? My opinion? Can't be good.
tc_electronic_960816001_wiretap_riff_recorder_1465992329_1259166.jpg
Also there was a fairly recent search at the FWF, right around the time Rita took the plea deal. Wonder what they found.

The dominoes may be slowly starting to fall.

Theoretically, the first ones to take a plea deal stand to benefit the most.

"The trials are set to begin this fall, said attorney Robert F. Krapenc. He represents Angela Wagner, one of the four Wagner family members charged in the Rhoden family homicides, which all occurred around the same time with 32 bullets fired into the eight victims.

“I think we had all hoped, and we still hope, to try these cases sometime in the fall. Because they have been – they’re getting long in the tooth. They’re getting old," Krapenc said.

But delays due to the novel coronavirus might interfere with the original intention to begin trying members of the Wagner family this fall. Mark C. Collins, Billy Wagner's attorney, said things have been "put on hold."

"Basically we’ve been on hold for two months," Collins said. "We have pretrials scheduled in middle of April. Now they’re going be moved to middle to late June. So, that could delay the start of a trial. Again, I just don’t know yet.” "

Some good photos there, looking back on the murders, etc. A few I hadn't seen before. Some satisfaction in seeing the photo of Fredericka Wagner in jail garb. It was a bold move on the prosecutors part to arrest her. Glad they did it, as her influence is part of the case, JMO.

Can't wait for America to reopen! Bring on these trials!

I can wait for the easing of quarantines. Here in Ohio, the number of new cases diagnosed every day is steadily rising. You don't let people start congregating together in groups, etc. until those numbers are well into a decline. History has provided many examples of how badly an epidemic can grow again if quarantine is ignored or relaxed. Its unfair to the first responders and health care workers/doctors, etc. who risk their own death in taking care of these people. I'm not sure where everyone is so all fired up to go to. Hang out at a bar? IDK, you can still get carry out from your favorite restaurant.

I heard someone on the news today demanding they re-open massage parlors. I guess many of those raising a fuss about this are the drunks, gamblers and patrons of the sex trade. JK.

I know a lot of people want to get back to work, but I'd rather see Congress come through with some unemployment payments to everyone to keep them afloat a little while longer. If we're patient and if Congress keeps everyone afloat, it won't be much longer that we have to wait. I'm ready to horse whip some of those business owners, though, who won't clean up their workplaces and keep making employees sick.

Last edited:
I can wait for the easing of quarantines. Here in Ohio, the number of new cases diagnosed every day is steadily rising. You don't let people start congregating together in groups, etc. until those numbers are well into a decline. History has provided many examples of how badly an epidemic can grow again if quarantine is ignored or relaxed. Its unfair to the first responders and health care workers/doctors, etc. who risk their own death in taking care of these people. I'm not sure where everyone is so all fired up to go to. Hang out at a bar? IDK, you can still get carry out from your favorite restaurant.

I heard someone on the news today demanding they re-open massage parlors. I guess many of those raising a fuss about this are the drunks, gamblers and patrons of the sex trade. JK.

I know a lot of people want to get back to work, but I'd rather see Congress come through with some unemployment payments to everyone to keep them afloat a little while longer. If we're patient and if Congress keeps everyone afloat, it won't be much longer that we have to wait. I'm ready to horse whip some of those business owners, though, who won't clean up their workplaces and keep making employees sick.

I totally agree. Stay safe

I realize people are anxious to get back to work and some sort of normalcy. If we get too lax, too quick, I fear a second wave of this virus and it could be worse than the first economically and in people sick...

I realize people are anxious to get back to work and some sort of normalcy. If we get too lax, too quick, I fear a second wave of this virus and it could be worse than the first economically and in people sick...
I don't think this stuff is ever going to end, but hopefully the Wagner trials will go on as planned. I can't even imagine how the R's are getting through this nightmare with all the delays. It's like reliving it every time it's delayed with no justice in sight.

O/T

Hubby and I have been exposed 4 times. We are still well as is the rest of the family, thank God. But we did lose our dog (a 14 year old min pin to what the vet said was "an allergic reaction to a spider bite" at the time. But we checked back on the dates and an old friend and client brought in their taxes a few days before he died of the virus. His daughter brought in hers on March 12. Our dog died March 20. He was fine nothing wrong with him then suddenly his lungs filled with fluid. We took him to the hospital and they put him on a ventilator and 2 hours later he was dead. The autopsy said nothing wrong with his heart, liver, kidneys, nothing, just his lungs filling with fluid faster than they could drain it off, so final report, ARDS caused by an allergic reaction to a spider bite or something he ate (re: like a peanut ect) but there was no peanuts in the house. Now they are saying cats and dogs are testing positive for Covid-19. I think he had it and since he was an old dog he died from it. I am pretty sure hubby had it too around March 15. He has never had any problems breathing but got so short of breath he had to stay the night in hospital. They said it was blood pressure. He never had a problem with that either, but it went up to 230/123. But he is fine now and still not taking any BP meds. No high BP or shortness of breath now either. I am waiting for the anti body tests to see if he had it. Hopefully they will do them on our other dogs and the cat too.

Sorry for the rant and off topic statement. I am so bored I can't wait until they open things back up.

Thank you for this article. This is an important article because Angie's lawyer and Billy's lawyer are saying that the trials are set to begin this fall.

The only reason not to do it according to Billy's lawyer would be if Ohio is still dealing with Covid 19. That means social distancing but if things let up enough, and jurors and lawyers can sit together, then finally there will be a trial.

Sounds like maybe Angie or Billy will go first. Just an assumption. So where is GW4's attorneys?
Still radio silence in regards to GW4, no updates.

"The trials are set to begin this fall, said attorney Robert F. Krapenc. He represents Angela Wagner.

“I think we had all hoped, and we still hope, to try these cases sometime in the fall. Because they have been – they’re getting long in the tooth. They’re getting old," Krapenc said.

But delays due to the novel corona virus might interfere with the original intention to begin trying members of the Wagner family this fall. Mark C. Collins, Billy Wagner's attorney, said things have been "put on hold."

Last edited:
"The trials are set to begin this fall, said attorney Robert F. Krapenc. He represents Angela Wagner, one of the four Wagner family members charged in the Rhoden family homicides, which all occurred around the same time with 32 bullets fired into the eight victims.

But delays due to the novel coronavirus might interfere with the original intention to begin trying members of the Wagner family this fall. Mark C. Collins, Billy Wagner's attorney, said things have been "put on hold."

"Basically we’ve been on hold for two months," Collins said. "We have pretrials scheduled in middle of April. Now they’re going be moved to middle to late June. So, that could delay the start of a trial. Again, I just don’t know yet.” "

Some good photos there, looking back on the murders, etc. A few I hadn't seen before. Some satisfaction in seeing the photo of Fredericka Wagner in jail garb. It was a bold move on the prosecutors part to arrest her. Glad they did it, as her influence is part of the case, JMO.

Thank God for the most important sentence in this article: "Sophia, now 6 years old, is in the custody of a family member. "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot