OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #56

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He might have known. His face was turned toward the killer and that means it's possible he was looking in that direction, having been woken by barking and other noises. He was up on a bunk as you can see from photo and DS's description of "looking up." This means, to shoot him directly straight into his eye he would have had to be facing the killer. This is the only thing that makes sense to me as to how he was shot in the eye.

If he was on his back he would have been shot in the side of his head and face, if he was turned away he would be shot in the back of the head...2 Cents..

CC. how do you know which way his face was turned? Link?

CC. how do you know which way his face was turned? Link?

I said:

"This is the only thing that makes sense to me as to how he was shot in the eye."

And: "2 Cents"

Some things are common sense, his face had to be facing the killer for the killer to even be able to shoot him directly in the eye. I don't see the killer boosting themselves up on the bunk to stand over him to shoot him in the eye, it makes more sense that he was already turned towards the killer, like if he got woke up and looked in that direction which is what the whole conversation was about.

Last edited:
He might have known. His face was turned toward the killer and that means it's possible he was looking in that direction, having been woken by barking and other noises. He was up on a bunk as you can see from photo and DS's description of "looking up." This means, to shoot him directly straight into his eye he would have had to be facing the killer. This is the only thing that makes sense to me as to how he was shot in the eye.

If he was on his back he would have been shot in the side of his head and face, if he was turned away he would be shot in the back of the head...2 Cents..

Could the shooter in the W family know to jump on the roof at the right place and shoot him sleeping. No door to open or not? I know Brownie was there but did someone sneak up on top of his camper? Just thought of it, no big deal. jmo

I said:

"This is the only thing that makes sense to me as to how he was shot in the eye."

And: "2 Cents"

Some things are common sense, his face had to be facing the killer for the killer to even be able to shoot him directly in the eye. I don't see the killer boosting themselves up on the bunk to stand over him to shoot him in the eye, it makes more sense that he was already turned towards the killer, like if he got woke up and looked in that direction which is what the whole conversation was about.
Loomis, CC
I’m going to give you all my thoughts about this,(I think the Wagners hit Big Chris, and Gary place first then they killed Frankie and Hannah, after that they drove Big Chris truck to Kenneth camper, blowed the horn, Kenneth Opens the camper door and waves for Big Chris to come in, Kenneth sets back down in bed to his surprise it’s a Wagner that came in the camper door before Kenneth can get his gun they shoot him in the face) OR the Wagners had Angela to call Kenneth and act like she wanted to hook up, Angela goes to his camper after she drop off two shooters and 1 evidence collector Person, When Angela gets back to the camper she wants to lie down in the bed to talk with Kenneth, she pulls her gun out and shoots him in the right eye, get up collect what evidence that is there, and then picks up the shooters goes to Dana’s knocks on the door, tells Dana that SW is needing something and we know the Rest! JMO

Every-way you look at how Kenneth was killed, he had to trust someone to get that close to him. JMO

I’m sure this has been discussed but what is the general consensus regarding whether RN and/ or FW knew about the murder plans before they happened? I think RN did but I’m not so sure about FW.

Could the shooter in the W family know to jump on the roof at the right place and shoot him sleeping. No door to open or not? I know Brownie was there but did someone sneak up on top of his camper? Just thought of it, no big deal. jmo

According to an article(s) by a reporter(s) who was allowed to read the autopsy reports, all gun barrels were touching the victims or almost touching the victims.

Trying to shoot through a roof is just not going to work in any way and would be too loud, other people lived on that road.

No forced entries to any of the crime scenes, this was said a long time ago and also I remember seeing a police report for at least one property saying no forced entry. I don't have the links so just take it as opinion but I'm sure this was out in the MSM 4 years ago.

If there was a forced entry somewhere then LE is keeping it under wraps and it would likely come up at trial.

Last edited:

Rhodens shot in head at point-blank range

Kenny could not have been shot through the roof of his camper because the shooters were up very close - right next to their victims.

All of the Pike County massacre victims were shot in the head at point-blank range.

All eight
victims were shot with the gun barrel touching their skin or very, very close to it – just centimeters or inches away, the coroner determined.

Rhoden family massacre: Autopsy reports indicate one victim was awake when fatally shot

Gary Rhoden was shot twice in the head and once in the face with the gun pressed against the side of his head, leaving a "muzzle stain."

Last edited:
I’m sure this has been discussed but what is the general consensus regarding whether RN and/ or FW knew about the murder plans before they happened? I think RN did but I’m not so sure about FW.

After the murders happened I think Fred became suspicious that her family did it because they were discussing revenge and jail breaks in front of her.

Rhoden family massacre: Prosecutor alleges Fredericka Wagner plotted revenge

"Special Prosecutor Angie Canepa alleged a confidential informant told them of a meeting at Wagner's home with her family members where they had "conversations surrounding if one or more of them were arrested what the others were to do including taking revenge on those persons not arrested" and plans for escape. "

It also looks like Fred was helping her family hide their involvement in the murders because before Fred testified before the GJ she searched on-line for what the penalties are for lying to the GJ.

AG withdraws from Rhoden case, new details about Wagner-Rhoden relationship revealed

"The court filing also reveals that Billy Wagner’s mother, Fredericka, searched for penalties related to lying to the grand jury the night before she testified in 2018."

I don't think Rita knew anything about the murders. It's my theory that Angie signed Rita's signature on the fraudulent custody documents without Rita knowing about it, then when Rita got her GJ summons Angie admitted the fraud but only to convince Rita to lie about it. If Angie hid fraud from her mom she would hide murder from her as well.

‘It’s not a good, Christian thing to lie’ Pike County grandmother enters plea deal

"Canepa said Rita Newcomb admitted to falsely testifying before the grand jury because her daughter, Angela Wagner, told her to.

When Judge Randy Deering asked Newcomb if she was coerced into pleading guilty, she responded: “It’s not a good, Christian thing to lie, so I didn’t want to do that anymore.”

Last edited:
@Cool Cats - hate to bother you, but I was going to list the # of shots for each victim, but the article you posted (#506) doesn't have the wounds for Frankie Rhoden. I know you posted them all awhile ago - but if you know off the top of your head - or probably have it with your stuff - could you let me know?
TIA! :)

edited to add - or if you know "where" that other post is that you did - give me the # and I'll go look!

@Cool Cats - here's what I have:

Christopher Sr: the nine gunshot wounds he suffered was an apparent defensive wound to his right forearm that shattered bone. Also, at least one bullet went through a door before hitting him, according to the reports. also was shot in the torso and cheek.
Gary: was shot twice in the head and once in the face. With one of the shots, the reports indicate the gun was pressed against the side of his head, leaving a "muzzle stain."
Kenneth: shot once through his right eye.
Dana: was methodically shot four times around the right side of her head and a fifth time under her chin.
Chrs, Jr.: was shot in the head multiple times.
Hanna Rhoden: was shot twice in the head.
Hannah Gilley: was fatally shot in bed. Among the five bullet wounds to Gilley was one to her left eye.
Frankie Rhoden:
All eight victims were shot with the gun barrel touching their skin or very, very close to it – just centimeters or inches away, the coroner determined.

@Cool Cats - hate to bother you, but I was going to list the # of shots for each victim, but the article you posted (#506) doesn't have the wounds for Frankie Rhoden. I know you posted them all awhile ago - but if you know off the top of your head - or probably have it with your stuff - could you let me know?
TIA! :)

edited to add - or if you know "where" that other post is that you did - give me the # and I'll go look!

Rhodens shot in head at point-blank range

The number of gunshot wounds per victims, according to the reports:

• Christopher Rhoden, Sr. (age 40): Nine (face, torso, extremities).
  • Dana Rhoden (age 37): Five (head).
  • Hannah Gilley (age 20): Five (head)
  • Christopher Rhoden, Jr. (age 16): Four (head).
  • Clarence “Frankie” Rhoden (age 20): Three (head). Two were “contact wounds” as indicated by soot from the gun on his skull.
  • Gary Rhoden (age 37): Three “contact” wounds (head).
  • Hanna Rhoden (19): Two (head).
  • Kenneth Rhoden (age 44): One (right eye).

Thanks a bunch @Cool Cats - much appreciated!
vil-hello2.gif

Thanks a bunch @Cool Cats - much appreciated!
vil-hello2.gif

No prob 9...;)

Here are 3 facts that
I'm adding to your list of details :
  • Christopher Roden Sr. also may have been shot first as his body was the most decomposed when it was discovered by the coroner's office.
  • Larger caliber bullets were used to kill 37-year-old Gary Rhoden.
  • Christopher Rhoden, Jr. was shot 4 times in the head with 2 of the shots in the top of his head.

Last edited:
Angela Wagner Comment: was Really
No prob 9...;)

Here are 3 facts that
I'm adding to your list of details :
  • Christopher Roden Sr. also may have been shot first as his body was the most decomposed when it was discovered by the coroner's office.
  • Larger caliber bullets were used to kill 37-year-old Gary Rhoden.
  • Christopher Rhoden, Jr. was shot 4 times in the head with 2 of the shots in the top of his head.
Chris Rhodens Sr didn’t get a autopsy’s until Monday so in fact he was deceased 2 days longer than some of the other members of the family? Again this is just my opinion

CC
Also to add to that Frankie had about 5 or 6 coonhound dogs tied up out back of his mobile home, what ever plan the killers had to get by all those animals without alerting someone is beyond me?????

Those hounds bark at everything. You would get so used to hearing it that you don’t notice it. I lived half a block from a busy railroad and trains with blaring air horns didn’t wake me after a short time...

Angela Wagner Comment: was Really

Chris Rhodens Sr didn’t get a autopsy’s until Monday so in fact he was deceased 2 days longer than some of the other members of the family? Again this is just my opinion
They stop the decomposition by refrigeration. This is important because they want to accurately estimate the time of death. This can make a huge difference in who might be guilty in a murder case.

Due to decomposition John Doe's estimated TOD is from 5 - 6pm so Jane Doe could not have done it. Due to decomposition John Doe's estimated TOD is from 10pm to 11:00pm - 5 hours later - so Jane Doe could have done it.

Determining Time of Death

There are actually three different times of death:

• The physiologic time of death, when the victim’s vital functions actually ceased.
  • The legal time of death, the time recorded on the death certificate.
  • The estimated time of death, the time the medical examiner estimates that death occurred.
It is important to note that the estimated time of death can vary greatly from the legal time of death and the physiologic time of death.

The only absolutely accurate determination of the time of death is the uncommon circumstance in which a person died with a physician or other skilled medical professional present. A death witnessed in this fashion is the only time that the three above times of death would correlate with one another.

Last edited:
08/03/2020 - WAGNER, ANGELA JO

ORDER--UPON ORAL MOTION OF THE DEFENDANT, AND UPON AGREEMENT OF THE PARTIES, AND FOR GOOD CAUSE SHOWN, THE COURT'S PREVIOUS ORDER RESTRICTING DEFENDANT'S TELEPHONE AND MAIL PRIVILEGES IS HEREBY AMENDED AS FOLLOWS:

DEFENDANT IS PERMITTED TO RECEIVE MAIL, IN THE FORM OF MAGAZINES OR BOOKS, WHICH IS DELIVERED TO HER BY A THIRD-PARTY PROVIDER, SUCH AS AMAZON, SUBJECT TO THE GENERAL POLICIES OF THE DELAWARE COUNTY JAIL, PROVIDED THAT NO COMMUNICATIONS SHALL ACCOMPANY SUCH BOOKS. DEFENDANT IS PERMITTED TO COMMUNICATE WITH HER ATTORNEYS AND THEIR AGENTS BY TELEPHONE AND MAIL. ANY ATTEMPT TO COMMUNICATE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY WITH THE DESCRIBED PROHIBITED PARTIES WILL RESULT IN A REVOCATION OF ALL PHONE AND MAIL PRIVILEGES UNTIL THE COMPLETION OF THE CASE.

08/03/2020 - WAGNER, III, GEORGE WASHINGTON

ENTRY GRANTING DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO CONTINUE BOND MOTION HEARING AND STATUS CONFERENCE. SUCH HEARING WILL BE RESCHEDULED ON A DATE TO BE DETERMINED UPON THE COMPLETION OF DISCOVERY.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member