OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #57

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
.22 long rifle - .22 is the caliber, long rifle refers to the length of the bullet cartridge, has more powder in it.

.22 cal used to come in .22 short, .22 long, and .22 long rifle, but I haven't seen shorts or longs in decades.

.22 long rifle will work in most handguns. There's also a .22 magnum that's even longer yet, and there's a pocket revolver that will shoot those.

See if this pic works:
220px-22_short_22_long_rifle_22_magnum_22_hornet.JPG

From the left, .22 Short, .22 LR, .22 Winchester Magnum Rimfire, and .22 Hornet

Outdoor Limited still sells the shorts, or they did not real long ago.. online orders.

The main differences between rifles, shotguns, and handguns are their barrels, their intended targets, and the type of ammunition used.

• Rifle
    • The rifle has a long barrel with rifling and thick walls to withstand high pressures. Rifling puts a spiral spin on a bullet fired from a rifle, increasing accuracy and distance.
    • Rifles are typically used for firing at stationary targets.
    • The bore of a rifle barrel is made for only one specific caliber of ammunition.
  • Shotgun
    • The shotgun has a long barrel and usually has a smooth bore to reduce friction. The barrel’s walls are thinner due to reduced pressures. If a shotgun is designed to fire slugs, it might have a rifled barrel.
    • Shotguns are typically used for shooting at moving targets in the air.
    • The bore of a shotgun barrel is made for only one specific gauge of ammunition.
  • Handgun
    • The handgun has a short barrel with rifling and thick walls to withstand high pressures. Because of the short barrel, extra care must be taken to control the muzzle of a handgun. Like the rifle, rifling in the handgun puts a spiral spin on a bullet when fired, increasing accuracy and distance.
    • Handguns are typically used for firing at stationary targets.
    • The bore of a handgun barrel is usually made for only one specific caliber of ammunition.
Glossary
caliber
Diameter of the bore of a rifle or handgun as measured from land to opposite land on rifled barrels and the designation for the size of ammunition for different bores
rifling
Spiral grooves cut into the bore of a firearm barrel together with the lands—the ridges of metal between the grooves; rifling makes a bullet spin in flight, increasing accuracy and distance

Differences Between Rifles, Shotguns, and Handguns
Congratulations OB

Loomis
Please go to 42:18 and listen to when GW4s attorney ask about the 22 and you will see that the prosecution has the 22 pistol, JMO

No, Johnny, you are mistaken. Go back and listen. Scheiderer actually texted/messaged GWIV a photo of the "supposed murder weapon" (1911.22) at which point GWIV started blowing up the Ws phones about the need for a family meeting, saying, "If they have the gun, they have the silencer, too," or something close to that.

Now, go to point 1:48:54 and following, where AC asks Scheiderer point blank if certain guns were recovered, and he says NO.

Last edited:
Jmo I don’t know anything about guns even though there is many in my home, but why does it say 1911.22 long rifle. I thought rifle was a long gun.
Long rife describes a bullet that has a longer shell because it has more gun powder and therefore more powerful. All semi-automatic .22 caliber guns I have seen use .22 LR bullets.
.22 Long Rifle - Wikipedia

Long rife describes a bullet that has a longer shell because it has more gun powder and therefore more powerful. All semi-automatic .22 caliber guns I have seen use .22 LR bullets.
.22 Long Rifle - Wikipedia

The .22 Long Rifle cartridge is more powerful than the .22 short and the .22 long. It is for this reason that semi-auto (autoloading) use the .22 Long Rifle. An autoloading firearm uses some of the energy from the firing of the cartridge to produce the movement of the bolt, the extractor and the ejector to re-load the firearm when it is fired. These movements also *advertiser censored* the firearm so that when the trigger is pulled, It shoots. Bang. For some firearms the .22 short or the .22 long may be problematic in the process due to their reduced power. This problem would manifest itself as a stoppage or misfire of the next round. The 1911.22 has a big heavy slide and bolt an would require the .22 Long Rifle cartridge to operate this mechanism. The .22 Long Rifle ammunition outsells the others by a vast margin.

Here's a few more updates in the court site.

AW:

09/11/2020 DEFENDANT'S REPLY TO STATE'S MOTION FOR EXTENSION OF TIME AND MOTION TO COMPEL DISCOVERY FILED (VIA FAX)
Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F

09/16/2020 DEFENDANT'S REPLY TO STATE'S MOTION FOR EXTENSION OF TIME AND MOTION TO COMPEL DISCOVERY FILED
Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT

link: https://www.pikecountycpcourt.org/e...GfFFaFtBoIGvtR0F8tbagmWrZJ8vfhSIlMy7Q-LS7YMrg

GW3

09/04/2020 MOTION FOR EXTENSION OF TIME FOR FILING OF NOTICE FILED
Attorney: ROBERT JUNK

09/16/2020 DEFENDANT'S REPLY TO STATE'S MOTION FOR EXTENSION OF TIME AND MOTION TO COMPEL DISCOVERY FILED. (FAX)
Attorney: COLLINS, MARK C; Attorney: HAYES, THOMAS F

link: https://www.pikecountycpcourt.org/e...GfFFaFtBoIGvrk8g5Nwf883E8a3U1JwrUMGjUhk9wMCQA

With all due respect there is nothing wrong with discussing the defenses strategy and tactics, or even anticipated strategy. We need to be prepared this is going to get ugly. The defense attorneys do not care if their client is guilty, their job is to get the Wag's free or as light of a sentence as they can. They will bash and slander the victims, the Rhoden's, the Manley's and the Gilly families every step of the way. Just because a member or the group discusses the defense's actions or normal strategy does not mean anyone is suggesting they are innocent (and if someone thinks they are innocent that is okay too, we don't have to agree) we need to be able to sleuth/discuss every aspect of these trails and court proceedings without being attacked.

By all means, I agree. WS has always been open to discussing all kinds of trial strategies, within the parameters of forum rules.

I've no doubt the Wagners and their attorneys will do all they can to defend their clients. :)

In other trials I've followed here, you have to be careful when it comes to discussing false information vs speculation, especially in the pretrial phase. I'm sure there are other tricks the defense will play, we'll have to see what they are when the time comes.

Sometimes I think these trials will be over much more quickly than we think. JMO :)

Jmo G attorney is retiring it sound like
Why would he choose to retire just several months before a death penalty trial he has been a part of for going on 2 years? The Wagners have to have 2 DP attorneys each.

Not fair to the defendant to have your attorney decide to just up and retire almost 2 years into your DP case where your life is at stake unless it's unavoidable, such as health issues or family emergency etc.. Now a whole new attorney has to start over learning the evidence.

Opinion only.

Last edited:
Why would he choose to retire just several months before a death penalty trial he has been a part of for going on 2 years? The Wagners have to have 2 DP attorneys each.

Not fair to the defendant to have your attorney decide to just up and retire almost 2 years into your DP case where your life is at stake unless it's unavoidable, such as health issues or family emergency etc.. Now a whole new attorney has to start over learning the evidence.

Opinion only.

Agree. IANAL, but it seems an unusual time to retire. Most people plan retirement at least a year or more in advance, unless some personal issue arises.

It certainly doesn't look good for the defendant's case, though. JMO

Agree. IANAL, but it seems an unusual time to retire. Most people plan retirement at least a year or more in advance, unless some personal issue arises.

It certainly doesn't look good for the defendant's case, though. JMO

Exactly what I think. Retirement is normally thought about and planned on for years. If an attorney plans to retire say, in 2020, he or she is not going to take on a complicated, 8 victim, death penalty case that will take years because 4 defendants have to have trials scheduled at 4 different times.

No. Something more is going on here. Either it involves health/family emergency or
is connected some way with the recent bond hearing, meaning the 2 attorneys disagree too much and do not want to work together and GW4 is on board with it.

If the attorneys are in conflict, especially this late in the game, I agree, doesn't look good for the defendant's case.

Totally all just my opinion only

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads