GUILTY OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #61

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't agree more, CC. Those are exactly my thoughts. I think JW would have done anything AW asked.

The buying of a vehicle, singular, specifically for the job makes me wonder about the logistics and how it all came about.

Were Chris Sr and Gary a simultaneous hit with Fr and HG? Did they all ride together to DRs? Did they backtrack to KR? Did they then go back to Peterson Rd or on to FWs farm, staying on the back roads?

Many, many questions but I guess the biggest has been answered. GUILTY as charged!

Just making an assumption based off JW saying he caused the deaths of five of the eight victims, I don’t remember the autopsy details, but if I were to guess had I’d say he caused the deaths of Clarence, Dana, Hanna, Hannah and Jr. Billy and George went after Chris, and Gary. Which leaves Angela with Kenneth. Jmo

Thanks @Seattle1 for posting on another thread this "breaking" news as I had no idea.

I guess I've missed much in the recent past. What vehicle was purchased? What about the other two folks that were involved?

I'm gonna put this in the WS breaking news thread as was a surprise to me and I would not have known as I guess my "followed" threads dropped off and I know so very many followed this case that may also not know.

Last edited:
DG1035,
During JWs debrief by LE, he disclosed a vehicle was purchased and only used once for the purpose of committing the murders. The vehicle description was NOT defined or disclosed by AC.

Some have speculated on other venues it may have been the red truck JM owned and subsequently had a GPS installed by LE.

Last edited:
Was wondering about the "date" that JW made this plea deal - so went back to read my notes.
from my notes on GW3's motions hearing on 4/5/21

4/5/21 Update: Withdrawn Motion #44. Motions 46 to 48 were taken care of in-chambers. They provided a hard drive to Canepa. Motion #47 also done-part of hard drive, all expert forensic reports, including some new reports. Motions 42 & 43 were discussing. Daubert hearing on shoe print & ballistics. State doesn't have the firearm, but shell casings & same for shoe print evidence; State doesn't have the actual shoe. Withdrawing Motion 44.

So - I'm thinking JW's plea deal came after 4/5 if the State is saying they don't have the guns.

Well I wonder what he is saying now?

"Mr. Wagner (Billy) has some frustrations," said Collins. "The fact that he's been incarcerated for 29 months and does not have a trial date, he would like a trial date. We've talked to him about that...he just wants the court to be aware that he would like this to go as fast as possible under the reasonable constraints."

Yup! Sure is going fast now!

https://www.wcpo.com/news/pike-county-massacre-suspects-could-face-new-accusations

Photo by: WCPO

He should write a book and agree to a movie deal with 100 percent of proceeds going to the children and victims.

God isnt going to save his butt in prison. A convict having killed a mother while nursing and an admitted sex offender won't do well on his cell block. Imo

MOO, rape is wrong no matter the circumstances. Some have called for the Ws to suffer in prison and have hinted at hoping they get what's coming to them. It's my opinion only, regardless of the offense, rape is never, ever okay.

Was wondering about the "date" that JW made this plea deal - so went back to read my notes.
from my notes on GW3's motions hearing on 4/5/21

4/5/21 Update: Withdrawn Motion #44. Motions 46 to 48 were taken care of in-chambers. They provided a hard drive to Canepa. Motion #47 also done-part of hard drive, all expert forensic reports, including some new reports. Motions 42 & 43 were discussing. Daubert hearing on shoe print & ballistics. State doesn't have the firearm, but shell casings & same for shoe print evidence; State doesn't have the actual shoe. Withdrawing Motion 44.

So - I'm thinking JW's plea deal came after 4/5 if the State is saying they don't have the guns.

I believe Canepa said in court they started working on the plea on April 12.

Well I wonder what he is saying now?

"Mr. Wagner (Billy) has some frustrations," said Collins. "The fact that he's been incarcerated for 29 months and does not have a trial date, he would like a trial date. We've talked to him about that...he just wants the court to be aware that he would like this to go as fast as possible under the reasonable constraints."

Yup! Sure is going fast now!

https://www.wcpo.com/news/pike-county-massacre-suspects-could-face-new-accusations

Photo by: WCPO

You forgot this quote in the article :p

He (e.d. this is a local defense atty speaking) added that prosecutors also often "sling it and see if it sticks to the wall."

Consider it STUCK to the wall. ;)

MOO, rape is wrong no matter the circumstances. Some have called for the Ws to suffer in prison and have hinted at hoping they get what's coming to them. It's my opinion only, regardless of the offense, rape is never, ever okay.
I don't advocate it either but I believe he will be a target, if you believe reports from prison

DG1035,
During JWs debrief by LE, he disclosed a vehicle was purchased and only used once for the purpose of committing the murders. The vehicle description was NOT defined or disclosed by AC.

Some have speculated on other venues it may have been the red truck JM owned and subsequently had a GPS installed by LE.

I've have been thinking about the "vehicle" and agree it could be the red truck.
That could explain the gps and the events following with JM.

But what if it isn't the red truck.What if it was another type of vehicle? An ATV.

Much had been discussed long ago that possibly ATV 's were used, traveling to UHR, from Peterson, or from a closer location where it had been stashed in the woods, or more likely from FWF on Camp Creek via the 'cut outs' the huge electric equipment pathways that criss cross the area.
That sounded somewhat odd to me then but now I am reconsidering.
At least the use of an ATV regardless of how it arrived on UHR .
An ATV could fit into the plan.

Think about it.
If the 4 W' s used some kind of normal vehicle to drive over to UHR, would they have had a lot of "murder gear" with them?
I think at the very least - guns, Silencers, vests, ammo., disguises, clean up materials, etc.
I am guessing they would not have want to be caught with all this stuff, especially on UHR or rt 32 if LE stopped them for a unrelated reason.

So maybe an ATV was used to transport ot to off load all the gear and keep it all separate from the W's in the other vehicle.

George could have been the ATV driver.

I realize this theory has some flaws, but since most of what W's did was all so very bizarre, parts of it could fit.

Any thoughts?

To substantiate this theory, I have been trying to make a list of all the "gear" W's need to transport to and from for the plan. An then dispose of.
Anyone else want to try to add to the gear list?

One more thing. Kenneth.
Look at the geographical lay out of his place.
Where would a W have parked a standard vehicle? A standard vehicle on Left Fork at KR could have been trapped with no get away or drive away avenue should LE come by.
W's Possibly used an ATV here to easily travel from Camp Creek, FWF , via cut outs.Seems far fetched, but locals use ATV's and the cut outs for recreation and know the pathways well.
This could be a separate theory.

ATV used for keeping murder gear separate from other vehicle?
Or
ATV used to get to Kenneth on Left Fork.
Or
Neither

Also, the news reporter said the Wagners monitored them through Facebook and put surveillance cameras in their houses.

If true, we finally know that the Wagners were able to tell who was spending the night. This would have allowed them to have picked the night based on having just the people they wanted to have there.

Like if those 3 people had spent the night they would have known through the surveillance. Gary probably came to the trailer and was a witness.

It comes across like they were monitoring the family - to pick a certain night - since the day HR got back from the hospital. I think they picked the 22nd - 23rd just because they had the victims all home with no visitors.

According to Canepa, Angela was the one who alerted Jake to Hanna's private Facebook message when she said she wouldn't sign anything, they would have to kill her first.

This was on Angela's laptop so now we know that Angela was a prime mover in the surveillance and it looks like she was the one who egged Jake on as opposed to
being a normal mother trying to calm him down.

Angie and Jake were the masterminds together I think.

Also Jake told Canepa that he didn't like the people that Hanna had around his daughter and I can see Angela talking like that, again, as opposed to keeping the peace.

It almost seems she got Jake to do her bidding. She wanted full custody as much as he did.

...2 Cents...

Reporters are lazy anymore. It makes me crazy!

This reporter states that the W's had hacked the FB accounts of some of the Rhodens. Canepa specifically said that the HMR messages to the other person that were screenshot on the laptop were acquired by the Wagner's because they had hacked the person HMR was talking to. Canepa does not identify who that person was. The only person that can be eliminated is HMR.

Then the reporter says that the W's were monitoring the Rhoden's in their homes with surveillance cameras! Are you kidding me with this? Trail cams and DVRs belonging to the R's are what was removed. At no point did I hear Canepa say that cameras were installed inside the Rhoden homes and the W's were monitoring the R's through them.

This is exactly why I typed out the specifics from Canepa's Statement of Facts. Rumors run rampant when there is lazy reporting. People believe reporters, and they should be able to do so; we rely on the press to report facts to us. But it didn't take a lot of effort to fact check this specific reporter and show that she didn't do her homework and doesn't know as much as she purports to know about this case.

So do I believe that JW said he "found God" as reported in this clip? Not really.

P.S. Cool Cats, none of what I said here is about you btw. It is about how reporters say things and we believe them. I wish they would take their work more seriously.

Agreed about trials. I cant say I've ever thought they'd make it that far anyway and at some point voiced it somewhere. Cowards are afraid of a needle. Idk, I'm not going to get ugly about the wastes but happy none will ever walk out. And, and while I'd bet my farm FW had at least knowledge of and should be charged I'm ok with karma visiting her instead.

Karma is good.
But karma wouldn't' t bring into play FW's vast land holdings, FWF, etc.

I pray FW is brought back in via reinstatement of older charges and additional charges of accessory to the crimes, concealing evidence, etc.
And this could help the Civil Suit(s) access her $$ making FWF $$ available to Families. I believe it could work this way, idk for sure

Then that alone could set Karma into natural motion.

Last edited:
Ann99,
I don't discount anyone's theories with the limited facts we know.

Hard to say how much gear they hauled. Weapons and ammo being the biggest.

Drives me nuts thinking of possibilities. I'm just in the wait and see mode now

Yes, thinking of possibilities is driving me nuts too.
I hope we find answers eventually. But sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required