GUILTY OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #62

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CC
I find it very difficulty for George Wagner and his parents to fight the murder charges not counting those other charges against them when the prosecution attorney has the guns, the tools, the vehicles and a witness to the killing, how the heck would the Wagners beat those charges (22) so why waist courts time and money unless FW is going to swear lies again? JMO

CC
I find it very difficulty for George Wagner and his parents to fight the murder charges not counting those other charges against them when the prosecution attorney has the guns, the tools, the vehicles and a witness to the killing, how the heck would the Wagners beat those charges (22) so why waist courts time and money unless FW is going to swear lies again? JMO

FW might want nothing to do with the whole mess now that her grandson confessed. She was sopose to point to other suspects but now what is the point? Her own grandson is the perp and mastermind of the whole thing.

The only way out from behind bars for George is by trial and his attorney said they needed time to regroup and now the Docket shows they want a trial. George decided to go for it....no DP anymore so if he loses what has he really lost?

But if he doesn't do this trial he will end up having to plead guilty and that is LWOP. Canepa would never in a million years give George a plea agreement that drops the aggravated murder charges. I mean it's possible a few charges could be dropped which is normal in a plea but none of this will get George out of LWOP.

George's attorney said in his last Hearing before he left that "George vehemently denies any involvement in these murders."

George's attorney is proceeding as if his client is innocent because, well, his client tells him that he is.

Business as usual for George IV ..... (Unless his attorney talks him out of it due to overwhelming evidence).....Opinion, also see docket below:

06/08/2021
(MOTION NO 69) DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR SUPPLEMENTARY DISCOVERY FILED Attorney: NASH, JR, RICHARD M; Attorney: PARKER, JOHN PATRICK

06/08/2021
(MOTION NO 70) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO SET A TRIAL DATE FILED Attorney: NASH, JR, RICHARD M; Attorney: PARKER, JOHN PATRICK

MOTION HEARING Date: 06/21/2021 Time: 01:30 PM

06/08/2021
SUBPOENA ISSUED TO GREGORY MYERS (Jake's lawyer)

06/10/2021
COSTS FOR NOTICES MAILED

Last edited:
Is it possible for GWIV to negotiate his own plea deal with better conditions than Jake did?
I realize it would take some bombshell evidence on this case or some other case.
My question on attorney/client confidentiality was referring to Jake's attorney and his possible contacts with
other principals in the case or other cases/additional crimes.

Is it possible for GWIV to negotiate his own plea deal with better conditions than Jake did?
I realize it would take some bombshell evidence on this case or some other case.
My question on attorney/client confidentiality was referring to Jake's attorney and his possible contacts with
other principals in the case or other cases/additional crimes.

Quote:
"Is it possible for GWIV to negotiate his own plea deal with better conditions than Jake did?"

No.

The Gilleys, Manleys and Rhodens actually had to approve Jake's plea deal, if they had said no we want to keep the DP then Canepa would have turned down Jake's plea.

She made it clear the families agreed. She said this in court.

I do not believe there is any chance that any of those 3 families would agree to George getting a plea deal that drops even one of the aggravated murder charges.

To start dropping charges for any Wagner is not Justice for these families...

This is now about Justice for the families and holding all 4 Wagners accountable for every single one of their crimes against their 8 victims. All these crimes against these 8 innocent people just trying to live life like the rest of us.....yes, just like the rest of us.

Last edited:
Quote:
"Is it possible for GWIV to negotiate his own plea deal with better conditions than Jake did?"

No.

The Gilleys, Manleys and Rhodens actually had to approve Jake's plea deal, if they had said no we want to keep the DP then Canepa would have turned down Jake's plea.

She made it clear the families agreed. She said this in court.

I do not believe there is any chance that any of those 3 families would agree to George getting a plea deal that drops even one of the aggravated murder charges.

To start dropping charges for any Wagner is not Justice for these families...

This is now about Justice for the families and holding all 4 Wagners accountable for every single one of their crimes against their 8 victims. All these crimes against these 8 innocent people just trying to live life like the rest of us.....yes, just like the rest of us.

They should be held fully accountable.

JMO, if they reject their generous plea deal with LWOP and go to trial, the judge should make them subject to the death penalty.

Remember, Jake Wagner's plea deal doesn't take effect until after all the other cases are settled. I think any of the other 3 Wagners who try to go to trial and drag this process out for another 3 or more years will be unpleasantly surprised.

7cdfe1af-c5f9-478a-b38b-3fd6c15ab0cf-rhoden_family.jpg

They should be held fully accountable.

JMO, if they reject their generous plea deal with LWOP and go to trial, the judge should make them subject to the death penalty.

Remember, Jake Wagner's plea deal doesn't take effect until after all the other cases are settled. I think any of the other 3 Wagners who try to go to trial and drag this process out for another 3 or more years will be unpleasantly surprised.

7cdfe1af-c5f9-478a-b38b-3fd6c15ab0cf-rhoden_family.jpg

<modsnip>

Since George is on the Docket wanting a trial date and we don't know about the other 2, I will refer to him.

<modsnip> George has every right to go to trial. In fact, because the DP is off the table for him he has zero to lose by going to trial.

1.) Skip trial - plead guilty - get LWOP.

2.) Go to trial - be found guilty - get LWOP.

Every one of them has a Constitutional right to go to trial and their attorneys have the professional obligation to try to raise reasonable doubt to the Jury.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
As we all know, defense attorneys have an obligation to put on a rigorous defense for their client. We may not agree but it is our system. It's when defense attorneys resort to character assassinations, without one piece of evidence to back their claims, I take issue. I don't believe to-date they have crossed any lines.

I'll take the murder weapons, vehicles and complete disclosure by Jake in exchange for the dp. I hate the prosecutors lost the ability to dangle the dp against the others but that's also part of the system.

Another reason why the W3 may opt for trial is because they'll retain the ability to appeal their cases. Granted it would be a colossal waste of money, but that's also part of our system.

JMO MOO

As we all know, defense attorneys have an obligation to put on a rigorous defense for their client. We may not agree but it is our system. It's when defense attorneys resort to character assassinations, without one piece of evidence to back their claims, I take issue. I don't believe to-date they have crossed any lines.

I'll take the murder weapons, vehicles and complete disclosure by Jake in exchange for the dp. I hate the prosecutors lost the ability to dangle the dp against the others but that's also part of the system.

Another reason why the W3 may opt for trial is because they'll retain the ability to appeal their cases. Granted it would be a colossal waste of money, but that's also part of our system.

JMO MOO

Thanks I hadn't thought about that and it's an important consideration - that only if they go through trial will they be able to appeal.

I don't think Nash is going to bash and blame the victims. Even we know it would enrage everyone - jurors, family, even the general public (I believe).

That tactic would tank the reputation of the defense with the jurors and make them relate even more with the prosecution who would only say positive things. (This is what I think)

And if any of the Wagners have a trial and their attorneys blame the victims I will be on here "throwing a fit."

According to a Motion Nash filed, it looks like he has other suspects in mind to put the blame on.

Last edited:
It appears that GW4 doesn't want Jake's help negotiating for him (life instead of DP) and I seriously doubt Billy or Angela will want it either. They all seem to have a superiority complex, still thinking they are "untouchable." Stupid enough to look a gift horse in the face and spit on it. Even after murdering eight people in cold blood. Sickening.
Well want it or not, if he indeed testifies it’s off the table. So they are getting it. I hope it gives some closure for the victim’s families

Placing the blame on other innocent people after all the evidence and testimony JW gives is still wrong. How horrible tell lies and destroy lives and reputations of people who had nothing to do with the murders. Any attorney who does that is beneath contempt, JMO.

There is no ethical or honest way for a defense attorney to make a case for acquittal in this situation. JMO

Placing the blame on other innocent people after all the evidence and testimony JW gives is still wrong. How horrible tell lies and destroy lives and reputations of people who had nothing to do with the murders. Any attorney who does that is beneath contempt, JMO.

There is no ethical or honest way for a defense attorney to make a case for acquittal in this situation. JMO

I totally agree!

<modsnip>

Since George is on the Docket wanting a trial date and we don't know about the other 2, I will refer to him.

<modsnip> George has every right to go to trial. In fact, because the DP is off the table for him he has zero to lose by going to trial.

1.) Skip trial - plead guilty - get LWOP.

2.) Go to trial - be found guilty - get LWOP.

Every one of them has a Constitutional right to go to trial and their attorneys have the professional obligation to try to raise reasonable doubt to the Jury.

<modsnip>
I agree. I want the defense attorneys to do everything possible for their clients! When these mugs leave the courtroom headed for prison, that is exactly where I want them to stay with no reason for appeals! Over and done with.

I agree. I want the defense attorneys to do everything possible for their clients! When these mugs leave the courtroom headed for prison, that is exactly where I want them to stay with no reason for appeals! Over and done with.

I agree. The Defense should not allow any of their actions cause a mistrial or point for appeal. They need to do their job correctly. That said, I think there is plenty of evidence for convictions...

Just curious.
Has anyone evaluated the individual attorneys by reading their web page or their specific areas of law or legal specialties? Or their professionalism, their image, how they present themselves when we see them in court, interaction (or not) with client, attentiveness...
We have 4 sets of attorneys.
Experience, personalities, etc.
Or, if not researched, simply your opinion.
We haven't seen much of Angela's attorneys.
MO

Last edited:
Thanks I hadn't thought about that and it's an important consideration - that only if they go through trial will they be able to appeal.

I don't think Nash is going to bash and blame the victims. Even we know it would enrage everyone - jurors, family, even the general public (I believe).

That tactic would tank the reputation of the defense with the jurors and make them relate even more with the prosecution who would only say positive things. (This is what I think)

And if any of the Wagners have a trial and their attorneys blame the victims I will be on here "throwing a fit."

According to a Motion Nash filed, it looks like he has other suspects in mind to put the blame on.

I have bolded your last sentence.MO
I think you may be onto something here.
Nash is a Portsmouth Criminal Attorney. Specializing in Criminal matters. No spreading himself thin taking on other legal topics.
He probably has all kinds of knowledge of Southern Ohio Crime and Criminals. But is that something he can speak of? Meaning confidentiality. ??? MO

other principals in the case or other cases/additional crime
s.

Again, I think there is something here. It will be interesting. If GW4 Attorney can bring reason for a separate plea deal, it will be a really big deal, also a big monkey wrench into all proceedings.
MO

I have bolded your last sentence.MO
I think you may be onto something here.
Nash is a Portsmouth Criminal Attorney. Specializing in Criminal matters. No spreading himself thin taking on other legal topics.
He probably has all kinds of knowledge of Southern Ohio Crime and Criminals. But is that something he can speak of? Meaning confidentiality. ??? MO

Well it's getting more complicated. FW is the one who is the critical witness and was going to point to the guilt of another person or group of people.

FW is the one Nash (George's attorney) wanted to get a Deposition from, in case she couldn't make it to trial, then her Deposition could be admitted as testimony before the Jury.

From the Defense's Motion requesting the Deposition (Quote)

03/26/2021 MOTION NO. 68 DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO DEPOSE CRITICAL WITNESS PURSUANT TO CRIM. R. 15 FILED (ORIGINAL)

"The anticipated testimony (from FW) points strongly to the defenfant's actual innocence and the guilt of another person or group of people. Counsel can provide details to the court under seal so as not to cause this witness any undue harassment before the deposition is conducted."

The reason it's now more complicated is because how can FW point to the guilt of another person or group of people when her own grandson said he and his family did it?

She basically can't so I don't expect we will be seeing this Deposition Motion coming back up on the Docket unless FW has something else to say but I doubt it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member