GUILTY OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #64

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No way.

<modsnip> Truth is, BCI was in charge of the investigation from day one. Reader's Pike County Sheriff's Department was available to take out and serve Warrants and take interviews etc...

But it was all led by BCI .

The Rhoden lead investigator was fired from his lead position for creating a hostile work environment. So then Scheiderer stepped in and led the investigation.

No one in their right mind would fault Scheiderer with the way he handled the evidence. All protocols were followed. He is practically a "rock star" in his department since he helped coordinate the 6 arrests and testified at the Bond Hearing laying out piece by piece the evidence that will eventually convict all 4... 2 Cents

This.

Go back and read the news coverage from the early days, from the examination of the crime scenes to moving the trailers. DeWine and others were very clear that BCI was in charge of gathering, processing and storing all of the evidence.

Reader stated that clearly in some interviews, too. You can also take a look at discovery documents and you'll see notations for the hundreds of pages of chain of custody documentation that accompanies the evidence.

That's not to say some of the more desperate defense attorneys might choose to use the old OJ Simpson Dream Team strategy, but it won't work in this case.

I personally think the investigators were doing a complete and thorough job of following any and all leads. I do believe, based off what LM said in an interview concerning an incident and custody battle, that investigators took it very seriously.

The defense can't say investigators were focusing soley on the Ws and trying to establish reasonable doubt via that avenue.

I also believe LE threw out some red herrings to get a reaction from the Ws, in hopes they would let down their guard. Mexican cartel, motorcycle gangs, drug deal gone bad, vast marijuana grow ops, road rage, McDonald's incident, roaming teens looking for a fight on UHR, etc...are examples of such red herrings. Speculation, MOO, Jmo and all the other acronyms.

Last edited:
This.

Go back and read the news coverage from the early days, from the examination of the crime scenes to moving the trailers. DeWine and others were very clear that BCI was in charge of gathering, processing and storing all of the evidence.

Reader stated that clearly in some interviews, too. You can also take a look at discovery documents and you'll see notations for the hundreds of pages of chain of custody documentation that accompanies the evidence.

That's not to say some of the more desperate defense attorneys might choose to use the old OJ Simpson Dream Team strategy, but it won't work in this case.

Yup. Just the point I was trying to convey to the poster but I like your more detailed version, proves my point thanks.

This.

Yep..totally different jury pool that won't be bamboozled and in awww over an articulate attorney. Jake closed any doors that may have been slightly cracked.

Yep..totally different jury pool that won't be bamboozled and in awww over an articulate attorney. Jake closed any doors that may have been slightly cracked.

Jake's testimony will take care of any questions the jury may have about evidence. I suspect at least one more Wagner family member will agree to a plea bargain before GW4's trial, which will make things that much more difficult for the defense.

It's such a unique situation - the killers aren't just a family, they're a father and mother and their two children.

Jake's testimony will take care of any questions the jury may have about evidence. I suspect at least one more Wagner family member will agree to a plea bargain before GW4's trial, which will make things that much more difficult for the defense.

It's such a unique situation - the killers aren't just a family, they're a father and mother and their two children.

I agree. And if this was truly 100% about custody it is a senseless tragedy beyond comprehension for me.

I think AW will plead. To me, at her last appearance, she looked demoralized and somewhat depressed. I don't think she wants to be seen in the public. JMO

Yes, we discussed some of the missing ladies story here, but there's also a thread for it here at Websleuths. It was the documentary "Gone: Forgotten Women of Ohio" by Joe Berlinger that really helped us understand how LE and the criminal justice system sometimes don't work well in Chillicothe, Scioto County, etc. He and his staff had some very in depth interviews with at-risk women and victims' families that were very eye opening, to say the least.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7116050/

In the end, we decided it probably wasn't linked to the Rhoden Murders and Pike County. But it explained a lot about how many things get covered up. Recall Len Manley having a righteous rant about that early in the investigation.

I am from there. Its been corrupt well before i came into this world. When i was growing up there it was alot different. We had Dream land (LOL) . The friends i have are so different the ones on dog food. The stores i've been told about LE , CO ,PO , Lawyers, Judges, its crazy..

I personally think the investigators were doing a complete and thorough job of following any and all leads. I do believe, based off what LM said in an interview concerning an incident and custody battle, that investigators took it very seriously.

"The defense can't say investigators were focused soley on the Ws and trying to establish reasonable doubt via that avenue."

I also believe LE threw out some red herrings to get a reaction from the Ws, in hopes they would let down their guard. Mexican cartel, motorcycle gangs, drug deal gone bad, vast marijuana grow ops, road rage, McDonald's incident, roaming teens looking for a fight on UHR, etc...are examples of such red herrings. Speculation, MOO, Jmo and all the other acronyms.

"The defense can't say investigators were focused soley on the Ws and trying to establish reasonable doubt via that avenue."

Ha!
The Wagners were trying since 2017 to pin the crimes on others. And strongly criticizing BCI.

Pictured, people in laser focus of multiple murder hunt | Daily Mail Online

Underlined = Wagners criticizing BCI.
Bolden = Wagners trying to pin homicides on others.

But the family's lawyer slammed the investigation for wasting time.

John Kearson Clark told DailyMail.com: 'Authorities have had leads. They have dropped the ball and not acted quick enough… time is of the essence in these type of cases.

'Instead, they are harassing my clients.'

Asked why police were showing an interest in the Wagners, he said: 'Authorities have not come out and directly accused them of crime, but continue to harass, annoy, and violate my clients' rights by making misleading innuendos and make the public "think" that the Wagners are "persons of interest".

'But yet (they) state they are not persons of interest. Really? Then why all the publicity and putting their pictures on TV as if they are fugitives?

'It is ridiculous and is harassment. The authorities allege that they want to solve it but continue to trace and retrace their steps with no results.

'The Wagners are good God-fearing people who want justice more than anyone.

'But they are tired of being harassed by the authorities and publicity seeking politicians. They are scapegoats.

'The Wagners' lives are being jeopardized while the real murderers are still out there, lurking and waiting.

'This is the result of authorities who are no closer to resolving this crime than they were a year ago.'

He said he believed the real answers to the murders lay with drug lords who police had failed to locate.

'I find it Interesting that the public said over a year ago, that the "Mexican cartel" was responsible for the execution-style murders of the Rhoden family.

'Maybe the public was correct a year ago, and the clueless authorities bungled, fumbled and missed out on solving these atrocious murders.'

He said the Wagners had supplied police with invaluable information to help the investigation.

'Why have the authorities not follow up on the leads that the Wagners wanted to give? Is it because the authorities carelessly waited 4-5 months to get back to Billy Wagner?

'Only now doing so, unexpectedly in a public place, and hence, putting the Wagners lives in danger? Malfeasance and incompetence at its finest.'

Ha!

Last edited:
I agree. And if this was truly 100% about custody it is a senseless tragedy beyond comprehension for me.

I think AW will plead. To me, at her last appearance, she looked demoralized and somewhat depressed. I don't think she wants to be seen in the public. JMO

Wow. I was thinking the exact same thing. Her missing from public view coincides with the most embarrassing revelations. Her Other Acts.

upload_2021-8-18_20-8-0.png
upload_2021-8-18_20-8-29.png
From Covert Operative Mod approved - last 2 pages

Hello all, I just want to say i just tried cookie butter for the first time with these little bread stix things but OMG if you have never eaten it try it ts awesome. OK now i said that.

I think about this and i am just in shock , Really the entire family was involved and not one of them said this is a bad idea, We are not doing this it was fun planning it and thinking about it but lets stop here. Like the mom .. I am from Portsmouth and was living in Waverly when this happened. I just find it so hard to swallow. I start to listen to the new pod cast about Portsmouth and Mike Morean has anyone been following the missing ladies?
Yes I have, and I believe that he is responsible for the missing women in that area, JMO

It was in October 2016 Reader gave that interview about believing it was locals.

Also by October 2016 BCI wasn't bugging the Manleys as much.

So what on earth was BCI doing from October 2016 until the Wagner searches in May 2017?

Why were they not looking at the Wagners and then suddenly in spring 2017 the tables turned and voila! The Wagner's are prime suspects and laser focus is on them. Apparently the only prime suspects.

https://www.wcpo.com/longform/pike-...lers-in-rhoden-family-homicides-may-be-locals

PIKETON, Ohio -- It wasn't a Mexican drug cartel. The killers weren't from another country.

The people who wiped out eight members of a family in Pike County last April are likely locals.

At least, that's the theory Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader is leaning toward. For the first time since the killings, Reader recently sat down with a reporter to discuss the investigation at length and in depth.

"That's my belief," he said.

"Whoever did this had to know the dog, had to know where the security system was," Leonard Manley said, referring to Gary's house.

BAM... nailed it!!

WAGNER, IV, GEORGE WASHINGTON
The 3 things going on with George's Court Case right now:

08/16/2021
OBJECTION TO STATE'S REQUEST FOR EXTENSION TO FILE DISCOVERY

08/17/2021
MOTION TO ADVANCE SEPTEMBER 13TH PRE-TRIAL HEARING CONCERNING DISCOVERY VIOLATIONS

(Event: MOTION HEARING Date: 09/13/2021 Time: 01:30 PM)

08/18/2021
MOTION NO. 72 TO COMPEL DISCOVERY AND FOR SANCTIONS (EVIDENTIARY HEARING REQUESTED)

BBM. I agree. My money is on AW. I won't be super surprised if BW changes his plea to guilty at some point, but I have a hard time imagining BW standing in front of the judge and uttering the words, "I am guilty, Your Honor." JMO

BBM. I agree. My money is on AW. I won't be super surprised if BW changes his plea to guilty at some point, but I have a hard time imagining BW standing in front of the judge and uttering the words, "I am guilty, Your Honor." JMO

Billy "can I just pay a fine" Wagner, who complains when he doesn't like the way his lawyers are handling his Case and is known as Bad Billy with a temper and a gun,
would never in a million years go in front of God and everyone and announce his guilt.

He has to at least play it up to his mother/sister that he was framed by his unstable son. He wants $ from - and phone calls with - his mom/sister. He can't admit guilt.

If he admits guilt it would have to be due to depression from being locked up for years. 3 1/2 years by the time George's trial gets going.. 2 Cents ..

WAGNER, IV, GEORGE WASHINGTON
The 3 things going on with George's Court Case right now:

08/16/2021
OBJECTION TO STATE'S REQUEST FOR EXTENSION TO FILE DISCOVERY

08/17/2021
MOTION TO ADVANCE SEPTEMBER 13TH PRE-TRIAL HEARING CONCERNING DISCOVERY VIOLATIONS

(Event: MOTION HEARING Date: 09/13/2021 Time: 01:30 PM)

08/18/2021
MOTION NO. 72 TO COMPEL DISCOVERY AND FOR SANCTIONS (EVIDENTIARY HEARING REQUESTED)
Curious if there will be a hearing before 09/13/2021, if sanctions will be allowed and if so will they be against AC or Junk ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teadoughnutsdogbanjo