OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #80

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Effective immediately the trial court may not restrict
public access to the proceedings,

seems pretty clear to me.
jmo
That's what it seemed like to me also. They did meet in the judge's chambers, both sides...private hearing took place and maybe that satisfied the language in the order? I don't know, just guessing at this point.

Last edited:
@RAISINISBACK QUOTE:

You think Jake is sorry for what he did? Absolutely not. He is a serial killer who's trophy is that movie clip. That is why he could not conceal his enjoyment when they played it in court yesterday.

*******************************************************************************************************

Wow, maybe your correct? It says in this article that Jake smiled and laughed in court watching that movie clip.

From article:

"To psych himself up before the murders, he said he watched a clip from the movie Boondock Saints; he smiled and held back laughter in the courtroom when the prosecution made him watch the clip in court."

Jake is insane. A psychopath.
Wow, maybe your correct? It says in this article that Jake smiled and laughed in court watching that movie clip.

Jake is insane. A psychopath.

Like @Myland said Jake was reliving the moment he killed 8 people.

I have known that Jake is insane for over 6 years now @Cool Cats and posted many times on here it was Jake's show all the way. He manipulated his family into all this.

Maybe grandma will buy him a DVD of that movie so he can get his pleasure the rest of his life since he can't have any little girls in prison.

JMO
JMO

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/Angenette5

Another thing: Jake was asked whether he and his family talked about this after the murders. He said no. Jake said his parents told him if he needed to talk about anything he could and Jake said he said

"nope... and I bottled it up. I'll take care of it." <-- It was hard to hear. Jake said "I could not bare to think about what I had done without feeling immense guilt. I tried to erase it from my memory.”

Jake said after his first interview with BCI, he became fearful that the cops might be listening. He said that was August or September. He said Billy suggested it. (Jake's first interview was in May. Billy's in September).

When Jake Wagner walks through the hallway, we can hear his chains kind of "clanking or clacking" on the floor. Trying to figure out the right word for it. He is wearing blue crocs, from what I have been told.

Going back up to the courtroom. Will let you know what happens. Still no cell phones or laptops allowed. OH v. #GeorgeWagnerIV
For trying to erase it from his memory, he seems to be able to recall small details of when he shot each victim…

Yes, for the defendant but this is for the judge. Two different things.

The complaint was about the judge. What was received today was a judgement on the complaint, for the judge to adhere to. It isn't really about the trial itself, it's about how the trial is being run by the judge. So it is about the trial, but it's not about the defendant. Only the judge.

The complaint was about the judge. What was received today was a judgement on the complaint, for the judge to adhere to. It isn't really about the trial itself, it's about how the trial is being run by the judge. So it is about the trial, but it's not about the defendant. Only the judge.

Wow. Reading that made my eyes tongue tied. Peter Piper pick a peck of..... lol

JMO

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

I will say what I've said a few times before, we don't know what statements he made on recordings we haven't heard yet. The point in the investigation we got to before Jake took the stand was not the point that any of them were arrested yet. They didn't play those recordings yet and I suspect it's because they want to wait till after at least Jake is done. All we have is what AC said in court during the one discussion about playing the recordings and she said what is to come is most damning. I suspect (my opinion) he references things that only someone there would know or only someone that covered it up would know. Maybe the truck.. they were asking for anyone to come forward about any known vehicles of the W's.. maybe he says something about where that truck went or about items burned or the silencer in the cistern.. we don't know until they are played.

George's character, actions, and connectedness to his family has been shown with what we have seen already. He was along for all of the other crimes, all of the joint accounts, buying the home with fraudulent insurance money, having the Alaska house in his name, moving to Alaska with them, moving back with them and living with them again, working with Jake, still sharing finances and living arrangements. His actions speak loudly and so to believe he wasn't involved we'd have to believe despite all of that, he just didn't know about any of it and didn't participate in any of it.

I don't think there has been one big there it is moment, which is maybe what many want to see to be positive. I think it's maybe more damning to have this slow build up and no one piece that is it. What if the one piece is wrong? There are still MANY others. I am ready to hear about those recordings though. I want to hear him say something about evidence he shouldn't know about if he wasn't there.

Also, those recorded calls we hear George going on about BCI. It isn't necessarily what he says, but it's what isn't said. I might be putting my own bias into this thinking, but if he really didn't know, he isn't speaking as if he's surprised at all or as if he is questioning if it's possible his family did commit the crimes. Where is his surprised or concern that his family is wrongly accused. It's more like he's giddy over the fact he got through border patrol unnoticed and he is so smart to realize BCI was following him.. not really concerned that they were, but that he was smart enough to figure it out and was boasting about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Deering didn't ignore the order. He ordered a hearing for tomorrow, a.m.
Was away on some business. Glad to read this. Let's see how the hearing goes. We definitely don't need the malarkey from GW4's defense team that we tolerated for the last 4 years.

JMO, IANAL, but people who are co-defendants, etc. should be required to testify via video, etc. unless there's a compelling reason to refrain. Same for LE.

Didn't someone try and get the transcripts for another opted out witness and the were told by the court they were unavailable and then someone else was told a very high price?

Can't get transcripts until after trial and all the witness testimony will be there. The trial will be over so the public reading witness testimony won't affect the trial. Some witnesses don't want their real names in the court record so they could be called witness "B" for example when they take the stand but the court transcript will have witness B's testimony in it, just not their real name.

In George's trial the names of the witnesses are pretty clear to everyone.

My understanding.

Cajones or the backing? Not every reporter has the full backing of their employer, many are self employed contributors. The next step is a hard push for legislation to have the 1997 law amended so there's no disputing it. If the cajones are indeed there, he'll lead that charge. I'd keep an eye out for that.

I 100% back the First Amendment but I also believe this particular trial IS public. That's just my opinion and I'm sure an unpopular one. That's okay, I wanted to see Jake testify just as much as anyone else here and am equally disappointed.
If the reporters had been allowed real time typed reporting, as in from a tablet on wifi, I could agree with the trial being made "public". The courts must take into account, IMO, the magnitude of the public's want to digest the proceedings and testimony. It's their right since it's their responsibility to pay for it's rendering.
Stated in a way that's AJMO

Didn't someone try and get the transcripts for another opted out witness and the were told by the court they were unavailable and then someone else was told a very high price?

Can't get transcripts until after trial and all the witness testimony will be there. The trial will be over so the public reading witness testimony won't affect the trial. Some witnesses don't want their real names in the court record so they could be called witness "B" for example when they take the stand but the court transcript will have witness B's testimony in it, just not their real name.

In George's trial the names of the witnesses are pretty clear to everyone. A lady at the court said she didn't know if you could just buy certain portions of transcripts, or if you have to buy the entire transcript. And she said the lawyers needed to get the transcripts and it might be more expensive if you try to get them before the attorneys have them. I have no idea what they mean by that.

My understanding.

Last edited:
JMO This allows JW control where he no longer has any.
EXCELLENT observation.
I have heard him called many things, but never "Destiny":D
speaking of judge Destiny…one strike he has against media is the publishing of the baby’s photo back in beginning of trial. Ya’ll remember that?

This is so complicated I can't even find out if Jake could even have a new trial if his deal collapsed. He already pled guilty so if his deal collapsed it should only affect his sentencing. Like he would need a DP sentencing trial. A trial to decide if he receives the DP.

As I said, complicated.

Jake appears to be giving what the prosecution wants on a silver platter, implicating George in everything, so I believe his plea will stand and he won't face the DP. Of course he would have to do Billy's trial but he has already implicated Billy many times so I believe his plea would still be good after Billy's trial.

What matters is that the 3 guys end up with LWOP. I want to see all 4 sentenced to prison. Angie with her 30 years, 26 now, no early release and no parole. And see all 3 guys sentenced to LWOP.

When all this happens, hopefully no later than 2023, it really will be over for good. Not the wreckage they caused, but all the justice served. Most likely they will be in high, maximum security prison settings. No "cushy" low security with the more freedom that comes with that. They will probably be locked into their cells alot.

We can find out what prisons they are sent to. Probably keep the 3 guys in separate prisons. Jake for sure being kept away from his dad and brother.
I think all three or four should be in the same cell. MOO….

https://twitter.com/Angenette5

Court in recess until tomorrow morning in OH v. #GeorgeWagnerIV. Hearing set for 8:30 a.m. EST on the media order an Jake Wagner and other witnesses objecting to being broadcast

Angie Canepa questioned Jake about GW4's relationship with Tabitha Claytor, when they were married, when she left and the circumstances ie - Angela saying "I'm going to go get my gun.”

Jake said the night Tabitha left, she was "in a state". Doesn't mean to be offensive but when women get in an emotional state they start slapping with both hands.

Went through a lot about Tabitha's relationship, q's about custody of Bulvine. Then onto May 2017 trip to Alaska. Before that, he'd had contact with a couple of BCI agents. Stefan and Ryan Scheiderer.

Jake said he had been to Alaska in 2006 or 2007 and always wanted to go back. While in Alaska in May 2017 looking for a job, he learned BCI was searching Peterson Rd. He said he wasn't nervous. He was upset.

Jake said he was not concerned about BCI finding certain items. The family all agreed on an alibi. They were watching a movie. Jake said Billy said "Don't fall for their games.”

Jake said they never discussed what to say to BCI. They came through Canada from Alaska to Montana and were "interrogated." They then took Sophia and Bulvine to the hospital b/c they said BCI agents gave them "sleepy Kool-Aid medicine." Test results negative

All Wagners agreed BCI had probably bugged their vehicle or vehicles. Jake said it sounds familiar that there had been concern that Tabitha had been at the border but not sure. Back in AK, learned in June 2017 BCI was back at Peterson Rd. with heavy equipment.

Jake said he thinks he asked about what barn was being searched. Which one they were digging in - not behind.

Recalls a press release from BCI in June 2017 when they asked for info about the Wagners and them buying or selling vehicles and firearms. Remembers going to church in AK and meeting Elizabeth/Beth Anne

Elizabeth and Sophia got along in the beginning. Marriage was pushed up b/c they were moving back to the lower 48. Planned to work and live in Missouri but loan for farm fell through. Decided to go back to Ohio.

Jake said he knew Elizabeth had been. molested by two of her brothers. He said he told her he did not want those two knowing where they lived. Didn't indicate he meant her whole family - as Elizabeth had stated.

ake said family was concerned about media attention. In Ohio, Jake and GW4 got job driving for R&L Carriers. May 2018. Jake said Angela and GW4 got upset b/c they didn't feel Jake should force Sophia to call Elizabeth "mom." Different from what we were told

Jake said GW4 and Angela did not express concern about how Sophia calling Elizabeth mom would impact Bulvine. Angie Canepa said in opening they were concerned about that - Bulvine feeling slighted.

Jake said he is not aware of Elizabeth/Beth Anne being accused of poisoning kids or stealing. He said when he was away, Sophia slept with Angela and Bulvine.

Jake said Angela told him Beth Anne had allegedly touched Sophia. He said he covertly asked her questions about it for a few weeks and told AW not to have Sophia out of her line of sight with Beth Anne.

Jake said he and Angela confronted Beth Anne in the kitchen of the South Webster home and she denied it. JW said it was serious accusation and he was concerned about sensitivity of it.

Jake is asked whether he told Beth Anne what he would do to her if she had molested Sophia. Jake said he did not tell her what he would do to her. "I told her specifically what I would do to anyone I caught molesting my daughter.”

Jake said he told her anyone he caught in the act of molesting his daughter, he would "physically beat the person to death with my bare hands." This differs from Beth Anne's account. She said Jake told her if he found out it was true

He would string her up in the barn and heat her to death with Lucille the bat from "The Walking Dead" and if he didn't do it, Angela would do it, and if she didn't, Billy would do it and if not him then GW4 would do it and bulldoze barn and kill her family

Beth Anne called a pastor in AK and told him what Jake said. Jake also spoke to pastor and told him what he said. He said they were practically on a mutual agreement of where each other stood. Pastor said he shouldn't jump to conclusions and

should see if Sophia was telling the truth. Jake said he prayed for 2-3 weeks and Sophia told him she felt Beth Anne was stealing her daddy and she just wanted her to go away. It's unclear whether Sophia ever made the allegation or if Angela just did

Court ended on that note.
Jake is asked whether he told Beth Anne what he would do to her if she had molested Sophia. Jake said he did not tell her what he would do to her. "I told her specifically what I would do to anyone I caught molesting my daughter.”

Jake said he told her anyone he caught in the act of molesting his daughter, he would "physically beat the person to death with my bare hands." This differs from Beth Anne's account. She said Jake told her if he found out it was true

So now Beth is lying? Everyone but Jake is lying huh?

JMO

I think all three or four should be in the same cell. MOO….
Well, Jake could be the reason if George and Billy are found guilty. So far the evidence against them is coming from Jake, maybe some from Angela.

So to even put Jake in the same prison with George and/or Billy could have things ending badly for Jake. In the same cell? WW3.

What they did is so evil and so infamous that all 4 will have targets on them, and the guards will not do them any favors. Even inmates have their standards. You don't prey on children, rape women, shoot teen age kids, and shoot nursing mothers in bed leaving their babies soaked in blood and at risk of something bad happening to them because they are all alone for hours and hours. K could have accidentally got smothered. Plus making a 3 year old boy see his parents like that.

Who would even dare try to be friends with them in prison? That's how horrendous the Wagners are. Prisoners are people and any normal person will hate the Wagners for what they did. Just like we do.

Imagine the look on the face of the person who has to share a cell with a Wagner.

Last edited:
I noticed the defense withdrew the motion to allow a witness to testify remotely. So either they aren't calling this witness or they figured out how to get him here in person.

10/07/2022MOTION NO. 112 DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO ALLOW WITNESS TO TESTIFY REMOTELY FILED Attorney: PARKER, JOHN PATRICK Attorney: NASH, JR, RICHARD M

10/25/2022JOURNAL ENTRY CONCERNING WITHDRAWL OF DEFENDANT'S MOTION NO. 112 FILED
On Monday day 29 at about 41.50 minutes, Judge Deering stated that the conflict in scheduling was resolved so defense withdrew the motion

BBM

https://twitter.com/ToddDykesWLWT

It's been another "down to the wire" day here in Waverly, covering #GeorgeWagnerIV's murder trial. Court was adjourned around 4:15. I've been writing reports for #WLWT since then - and will have a recap of today's testimony coming up at 6. 1/2

2/2 Pike Co. Common Pleas Judge Randy Deering will hold a hearing tomorrow morning at 8:30. He will listen to arguments for and against allowing confessed killer Jake Wagner's testimony to be shared outside the courtroom (video and/or audio).

Calm, cool and somewhat calculating.. That's how I'd describe Jake Wagner during the two days he's spent (so far) on the witness stand in the murder trial for his brother George Wagner. I'll have more on the 30th day of the trial coming up on #WLWT News 5 at 6.

Mod Note:
There have been some questions on double posts and deleting posts. At times when there is a site lag, it can trigger double posts when post reply is selected a second time while the page is processing. No worries - it happens to nearly all of us from time to time.
If this occurs, you can delete the text of the double post and replace it with a DBM (Deleted By Me), or simply report your post with reason as “double”, and a Moderator will remove it for you.

Hope That Helps,
Tiff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members