OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Wagner Family Members Arrested #84

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

mother daughter sister wife friend paralegal
Reaction score
23-pike-county-mass-shooting.w529.h352.jpg

PIKE COUNTY, Ohio —

A town woke up one morning to the horror that eight people were brutally killed. The Rhoden family suffered an unthinkable loss eight times over on one late April night in 2016. And years would go by before an arrest was made, and the massacre of an entire family still haunts Pike County, Ohio to this day. On April 22, 2021 Edward Jake Wagner pleads guilty and agrees to testify against family members.

PRESSER: APRIL 27, 2016

Video Interview with Attorney General DeWine Published 8-13-16

Minors: You may discuss what is covered in the main stream media regarding the custody of minor children. If posting snips from articles regarding the children please redact their names. These babes are innocents. One day they will google their names or those of their parents. And plenty will come up. Let's be respectful of them and the catastrophic loss they have suffered at such tender ages. Thanks.

DO NOT SLEUTH STILL LIVING FAMILY MEMBERS' FACEBOOK PAGES AND POST ABOUT IT HERE. Just don't mention it. Period.

Leave the politics, both national and local, at the door. There is no room for them here.

Rules Etiquette & Information

MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE LINKS *NO DISCUSSION*

Detailed Timeline Post by BettyP

CASE NOTES (courtesy of cujenn81) this link contains locations, distance, victim info, relationships and more.

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9
Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17
Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25
Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33
Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44
Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52
Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread#58
Thread #59 Thread #60
Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63
Thread #64 Thread #65 Thread #66 Thread #67 Thread #68
Thread #69 Thread #70 Thread #71
Thread #72 Thread #73 Thread #74 Thread #75 Thread #76
Thread #77 Thread #78 Thread #79 Thread #80 Thread #81 Thread #82
Thread #83

Last edited by a moderator:
Mod Note:
Statements being made as fact require a link.

Personal experiences
with marijuana are off topic.

Discussing both sides of what is being presented in court is permitted.

Do not chastise other members for their point of view.

Those that are unable to adhere to the rules as outlined in the TOS will be given a time out or banned from the conversation.

This trial is expected to be very long, and with any case there will likely be topics or claims presented that one personally disagrees with. That is OK - everyone is entitled to share their point of view, as long as it is done within TOS, facts are linked, the essence of the comment is victim friendly, and other posters are not attacked for their own point of view.

———
Mod Note:

Please keep in mind that the judge has stated no photos involving victims or minors, and no photos that include blood, etc. related to the crime scenes, are to be published. Those same images will not be permitted on WS in accordance with the court order.

Update to Judge’s Order 10/11/22:
ames Pilcher

@jamespilcher
·
19m

Starting new thread for testimony in Wagner murder trial in Pike County. Also just learned appeals court ruled in media's favor allowing us to photograph and video any exhibit or evidence shown in court. It's up to us whether to publish or broadcast. Thanks
@jackcgreiner

@local12

Questions: contact a moderator or admin.

Thanks,
Tiff

ADMIN NOTE:

This is a trial thread. Bickering, rudeness and personalizing are violations of TOS at any time, let alone in a trial thread. If it resumes, permanent thread reply bans will be issued to members involved.

Read, before you proceed…..

MOD NOTE:
As a reminder, Mods are not online at all times. There are only a few of us, and there is no way we can read each of our thousands of threads and certainly every post. Posts of concern or question should be reported using the “Report” hyperlink at the bottom of the post.

Additionally, I would like to reiterate that all views and perspectives are invited and welcome so long as they are in alignment with WS TOS. If you disagree with another, you do have options:
1. Scroll By
OR
2. Be curious to others opinions by politely asking why they see things the way they do

You do not have the option to be out right rude to, or condescending towards others. You do not have the option to accuse other Posters or generalize them in the thread as being PRO- Wagner. Some are here to learn and understand the process. Asking questions, and sharing of thoughts by Posters does not open the door to labeling or chastising others in thread.

Tiff

Since you're here: Are we allowed to use information, etc from the Topix site since it's been mentioned a few times and elaborated on what it is in court and on the court records?
TIA
Topix can be referenced only as presented by evidence in court.
Topix conversations, activities, etc are not permitted unless a conversation is specifically admitted into evidence and linkable via a court exhibit.

Bottom line: WS will not permit bringing over rumors or speculation from any website or chat room.

ADMIN NOTE:

Some posts have been removed for politicizing and discussing the death penalty.

RACE/SEX/POLITICS/RELIGION BASHING, ETC

Threads or posts promoting or expressing intolerant views toward a particular social group are prohibited. Introducing social justice/injustice issues such as race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, politics, gun control, capital punishment into a discussion is not allowed.

Read The Rules.

Members who don't bother reading our Terms of Service face a loss of posting privileges.

They finally finished for the day. Resuming the evidence stuff tomorrow at 8am and the jury reports at 9. They agreed they would come in early to get through some more of this and then possibly resume after the witnesses tomorrow to see if they can finish up admitting the evidence. Agreed to work around the jurors/witnesses since they are set to arrive at 9am. Sounds like a good plan.

This trial is so baffling to me and I have sat in a few murder trials. Not has tedious as this one though. I have never seen defense witnesses testify before the State rest their case. I always thought whatever exhibits were marked evidence before the jury, were just that...State's evidence and the jury would have access during their deliberations. Why are the proceedings we are seeing now not done before the trial began...smh

I was googling some things about defendants taking the stand and I came across one statement that said generally I'd only put the defendant on the stand if they were the equalivent of Mother Teresa and needed to prove self defense or if the client insists. It's never a good idea to give the client over to the total control of the state.

Mother Teresa = George.. I think not. So I think unless George insists, it will likely be a no.

Mother Teresa = George.......Had to chuckle at this!

Mother Teresa = George.......Had to chuckle at this!
HA! As I read that I just had flashes of George ranting and threatening BCI agents, him screaming at his son about the bad people going to take him, him yelling at Jake for 45 minutes.. I thought yeah probably not thinking he's the Mother Teresa of Ohio.

I doubt many of us would fall in that category of the Mother Teresa like person so it wasn't specifically meant to say it's just George, but after hearing what we have, I just don't think they'd advise him to take the stand. Especially since his mother and brother did. Maybe the defense hopes the dislike for those 2 will be a factor and putting George on the stand might just give the jurors the idea they are all 3 the same. I think those recordings definitely didn't help separate him from the others. Maybe them calling everyone that has good things to say about George is their way of showing he is different?

This trial is so baffling to me and I have sat in a few murder trials. Not has tedious as this one though. I have never seen defense witnesses testify before the State rest their case. I always thought whatever exhibits were marked evidence before the jury, were just that...State's evidence and the jury would have access during their deliberations. Why are the proceedings we are seeing now not done before the trial began...smh
This is definitely not how it is done in my state. And we have had trials with scores, yes scores, more victims. Then again,we have modern courtrooms with computer access (along with judges that know how to use them), audio/visual equipment (along with courtroom personnel that know how to use them), and everything else one might expect to use in this year of 2022. And it has been that way for years along with sunshine laws. If nothing else, this trial has shown how backward this county's court system is, and the state throwing money at it as they did sure did not help.

I have suspected that maybe the defense thinks he was involved. Let's say the believe he was involved, they can't ask questions that they know will produce a lie right? They can't present an alibi witness because if they know he was with them, then anyone they present to say George was with us, will be a lie. So instead they are presenting the suggestion that he was home. They have put on witness after witness about George being a nice guy, George was a good worker, etc.

I'd say they will put the BCI agent on the stand that said you are a witness or a participant or something like that to show BCI wsa trying to manipulate him into saying he was involved. They have picked apart each state witness to show they might be lying. Then they have an expert say it's possible one person can do this alone, but that person can't say for sure it was only 1 person. They aren't suggesting only one person did it either, they were trying to show Jake admitted to all 8 and this expert says it could have been done by 1.

I am starting to think they are defending him in a way that is legal to do even if they believe he did it.

IANAL so I could be wrong, but just what we've seen so far maybe it isn't so much trying to present him an alibi because that would be a lie and they know it?
Lots of assumptions on what the defense knows and is thinking in your post. I like to deal in facts. The fact is we do not know what George told his attorneys. So saying the defense attorneys is tailoring their defense on the assumption that George told them he was guilty is just plain wrong.

JMO

What I meant by what i posted is I believe that SW was in a safe and loving home living with Hanna May Rhodens! JMO
the defense is trying to make the victims look horrible!

I understand what you meant. AC keeps wanting to introduce pics from FR and HG's home showing messiness, so IMO both sides are guilty of wrongs.

Just to add to the confusion; o_O At least mine, anyway.

There was a size 11, and based on a toe impression, a 10.5, shoe size left at CR1's. They found one size 11 print at DR's.

View attachment 379946
-------------------------------
She was on her phone, well, on FB, according to JW Was she using her phone for FB? (Did he finish her post for her? View attachment 379958)

--------------------------------------------------------
  • The brothers and their fathers then went to Dana Manley-Rhoden’s house. The door was unlocked, and they all went inside.

• He said George and Billy were both inside that house, and that George had his .40-caliber Glock pistol out and even had it in Jake’s face as he came out of a bedroom. Jake Testifies at bro's trial
I thought G4 was said to have used an SKS. His own iirc. What did Big Daddy Billy have?
-------------------------------------
From link below: Jake indicated that he wore the size 10 and a half that night and that george wore the size 11 that night
um and you will see that that size 11 that i told you that was in scene 3 at dana's place is almost exactly where he
says that george was stationed to make sure that little chris didn't come out of his room. Jake's Proffer in Opening Statements

There is a high probability to link donor DNA to the shoe sole for up to 300-400 steps, regardless of the underground, blood location, and amount of blood. (that's .14 to .19 miles for an average 6' male) A lot of driving was done so there should have been some blood traces picked up by luminol, at DR's, if they were the same bloody shoeprints at CR1's, or so it seems, although I'm not a professional in that area by any means. Persistence of blood (DNA/RNA) on shoe soles under varying casework related conditions
JW says his father was standing right beside GW4, while JW was murdering all three people at DR's. They were concerned about the 16 y/o coming out and killing them? Nooo, I have never bought that.I'd have been more concerned about DR pulling something out of her bedside drawer, and firing when she saw JW (through her closed, oops, opened, uhm, closed, bedroom door :rolleyes:).

Out of curiosity, has anyone found a link, as to what size of shoe that G3 wears? I may be looking over his shoe info. TIA!
The only testimony about shoe size was I think by a BCI agent, maybe Ryan S, who said the pile of boots found at Browns during the search were size 12 and believed to belong to Billy.

JMO

After really thinking about how they have presented the defense so far and what they said in opening, I think they might believe George is guilty. If that is the case they can't put in on the stand can they? I guess they could, but they can't ask him certain questions right? Or if they think he is going to lie they can't do that?

If he wants to testify, he probably can. People today don't always put much stock in honesty, but pretty sure the witness stand in court is still a place where you can go to jail for lying. ;)

When people complain about the state objecting to playing the audio of GW4 lying...I mean, being interviewed by BCI at the Montana border, its only fair to suggest they allow him to testify in court to re-enact the experience. :)

The only testimony about shoe size was I think by a BCI agent, maybe Ryan S, who said the pile of boots found at Browns during the search were size 12 and believed to belong to Billy.

JMO

I'll look that up. I recall his shoe size being 14. He's 6'5", pretty sure. Big guy.

My Post, Thread 83, Post #974.
There is a high probability to link donor DNA to the shoe sole for up to 300-400 steps, regardless of the underground, blood location, and amount of blood. (that's .14 to .19 miles for an average 6' male) A lot of driving was done so there should have been some blood traces picked up by luminol, at DR's, if they were the same bloody shoeprints at CR1's, or so it seems, although I'm not a professional in that area by any means. Persistence of blood (DNA/RNA) on shoe soles under varying casework related conditions
JW says his father was standing right beside GW4, while JW was murdering all three people at DR's. They were concerned about the 16 y/o coming out and killing them? Nooo, I have never bought that.I'd have been more concerned about DR pulling something out of her bedside drawer, and firing when she saw JW (through her closed, oops, opened, uhm, closed, bedroom door :rolleyes:).

The Point of my post, linked above, was NOT that they needed to track victim DNA, but that of the Persistence of blood on shoe soles. Luminol should have shown the victim's blood on DR's flooring, had there been any left on the bottom of the soles. I find that pertinent. It would have actually HELPED the prosecution. JM2 Link below.

Persistence of blood (DNA/RNA) on shoe soles under varying casework related conditions

Again; Out of curiosity, has anyone found a link, as to what size of shoe that G3 wears? I may be looking over his shoe info. TIA!

Most of the disorganization of this trial can be laid at Canepa's door. The woman simply does not have her shyte together.

JMO

This is definitely not how it is done in my state. And we have had trials with scores, yes scores, more victims. Then again,we have modern courtrooms with computer access (along with judges that know how to use them), audio/visual equipment (along with courtroom personnel that know how to use them), and everything else one might expect to use in this year of 2022. And it has been that way for years along with sunshine laws. If nothing else, this trial has shown how backward this county's court system is, and the state throwing money at it as they did sure did not help.
This trial could have been over in a week had it not been for Canepa's insistence that they show every piece of evidence against jake and Angie alone. She effectively tried Jake and Angie before the jury and proved their guilt to the jury. It might not be a good thing for her to have proved to the jury that Jake and Angie were proved guilty right before their eyes of murdering 8 people.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member