OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Wagner Family Members Arrested #84

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes he said he turned it completely off.. the body worn camera. THEN keep listening. Very next thing he says is we have audio and Parkers says right there is audio.

52:28
Agent Scheiderer:

We thought we turned it on we actually turned it
completely off

52:47

Agent Scheiderer: but we did
have an audio recording

Parker: right there is an audio

Agent Scheiderer: yes
Well I'd love to have heard that audio. I'm so disappointed.

G4 can be as guilty as guilty can be but I don't think they proved their case from my armchair perspective. If I were sitting in the courtroom and saw and heard everything the jurors did, then I may feel differently, but I'd still give the lead prosecutor a bad review. Like it or don't.

Well I'd love to have heard that audio. I'm so disappointed.
I would have liked to hear it as well, but not hearing it doesn't lead me to the conclusion that something was not done or they are hiding something. As someone said, the defense suggesting that something was off was all they wanted from that. If they wanted to play it, they could have. If there wasn't a recording, you know they would have highlighted that too. Agent Scheiderer said under oath they were ALL read their rights because they were in custody for an interview as suspects and then said they are required to record either audio only or video and audio for anyone being interviewed in custody. The defense was questioning him about this and Parker didn't say anything about not having George's audio.

I would like to know all of it, every interview, all the recordings, the proffers, even whatever George told his lawyers every step of the way, all the testimony from every witness, etc. I think we all would like to hear it all.

I missed all of the court proceedings these past few days due to other commitments and just this afternoon managed to watch so I will have to go back and watch George's testimony. What I did managed to catch this afternoon was discussion regarding the county that Dana's house was located in and the recording of the deed. As far as I can tell that was not determined at the close of court today and will be brought back up for determination on how it applies to this case on Monday. My question is this - If it is determined that indeed her property location is not in Pike County how will this resolve? Will they have to throw out all charges as it relates to the crimes committed on her property (crime scene 3 I think)? So instead of murder of 8 people the charges would be for the murder of 5 people leaving the last three to be tried in other trial in Scioto County?

Jmo why didn’t the state call rebuttal witnesses after George testified? He went into more detail than some of the state witnesses, so why not call them back? Not bashing Tabby, but he spent a lot of time with her after she left according to him. Why not call someone to stand to say that surveillance was never on his grandpas property? So many why’s. I thought the state would have a rebuttal and have some big “WOW can you believe that” moment at the end. But they allowed the defense to end with the big “WOW”, With putting George on stand. Jmo

can't ask him about anything he wasn't asked on direct, his defense team played an absolute blinder in direct examination of GW, they never even tiptoed up to the crime scene evidence once, they never went into finances in depth, so they ensured the state could not ask GW any questions about the actual crimes

IMO it was one piece of spectacular lawyering, and they had this up their sleeve the whole trial
Well I definitely know them calling him flustered the prosecution. You could see that by how they flitted around telling the judge to order that George's attorneys not talk to him during break.

JMO

I've no respect for the lead prosecutor. If he's guilty or not guilty, I'll never watch another trial that is handled by them. G4 has kept his emotions under control this entire time. The lead prosecutor? Not so much. Unprofessional at best.
Furious and arguing with the judge on something he ruled against her on in front of the jurors a lot of times. Guess Canepa thinks the jury, along with Lady Justice is blind and deaf.

JMO

Well I definitely know them calling him flustered the prosecution. You could see that by how they flitted around telling the judge to order that George's attorneys not talk to him during break.

JMO
Jmo I did notice George had to correct her many times with her wording of things. She wasn’t able to throw him off and twist his words. The only time I felt she had George frustrated was when she said something about his son, but then the judge called the attorneys to the stand to discuss a break. I don’t know if Capena just didn’t pick up on his weak spot or what because she was never able to get that response again. It wasn’t a huge reaction but definitely a weak spot for him, that she should have picked up on. Jmo

So even when he asked if he went up to union hill road and left fork road, etc. He says no, no, no.. that didn't open the door about any of the crime scene stuff? If this is true then it makes much more sense why she wasn't asking some questions.. she couldn't.
She didn't ask him about the murders because she didn't have any evidence that he planned, participated or covered up the murders to back her questions about it up.

JMO

I would not convict GW, not to being complicit or any of his charges, the state did not reach BARD for me, and anybody who has seen me posting throughout the years knows what I think of codefendants getting deals,

in this case the admitted killer of 5 benefitted from his testimony, AW without whom these crimes would not have happened gets 30 years, IMO

the person who the admitted killer of 5 says killed nobody and who says he had no part in it could theoretically get the DP, that IMO is not justice

but I think GW was fighting a losing battle from the start, as day after day after day gruesome, bloody photos with close ups of head wounds were shown, it would take a strong juror to resisit convictimg him as he is all they have to convict,

and even if GW testimony has given them pause for thought, and they could see that he may have not been involved they can easily say JW and AW said he did it so I can convict even if I am not totally convinced

IMO they know the magnitude of this case and a NG verdict would be very hard to render
I do not think any of them will convict if they are not totally 100% convinced he is guilty. This is a LWOP or DP case so I think before they vote to convict they are going to want to be 100% sure without a reasonable doubt he is guilty. It takes twelve unanimous votes for a guilty verdict. They did not convince me BARD either. And I started out believing for over 6 years he was 100% guilty, no doubt in my mind. I changed my mind when I saw they had no evidence against him.

JMO

I truly believe George is guilty, that being said I don't feel like the state proved it's case. Weeks and weeks of testimony all about JW & AW. Mounds of evidence none prove that GW helped plan, commit or cover up. Rarely do you see a defendant take the stand, I was certain George was going to seal his fate and be exposed as a liar, that didn't happen. The cross examination was weak. Why was George only interviewed the one time and why is the interview not being admitted into evidence? Crazy IMO. Only thing the state has is the audio clips which aren't exactly smoking guns. I think any normal person would have been fed up with bci if they were constantly hounding you & your family...whether you were involved or had no knowledge. Jw & Aw proffers are worthless imo. JMO but GW walks.

Jmo I have a best friend that due to different stages of our lives we would go a year or two without talking. But I knew that if I ever needed her I could call her at anytime. And she could call me.
I have one too. In over 30 years of friendship, I've spoken to their s/o maybe 4 times. It's not their kids nor their spouse who I'm friends with. It's a possibility that he knew FR's girlfriends only by "my ole lady".

That was on Ryan S talking about how he messed up with the body cam in JAKE'S interview.
He also said they mirandized them all and they were in custody being interviewed as suspects and they are required to record those interviews either by audio only or by video and audio. If you think he lied when he said that, then that is your right to feel that way, but those statements were made and I listed the times. Now you say he just was talking about Jake and the body cam. If you don't hear him say the other things I also can't make you so I'm not sure what else to say about that. He said they were read their rights, they were in custody, they are required to record it and it can be audio only.

This thread is now closed. Click below to continue the discussion in Thread #85.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member