OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#41

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as Brownie & KR are concerned.... Brownie might not have awakened until she heard footsteps on the porch. Killers swings door open, shoot KR instantly. Even w/ a silencer there would have been a tremendous noise inside the camper from the gunshot. Brownie might have cowered, killers leave. JMO/something else to consider.

Let me try to explain this better because I think maybe I’m not explaining correctly.

My dogs are familiar with certain people, like most of our dogs are. But if someone shows up to my house at night or early morning when it’s dark, my dogs will alert me, despite who it is. The dogs can’t see who is outside in the dark and would bark. I hope that makes a sense. My biggest question is why wouldn’t KR’s dog have alerted him that someone was outside. Dogs have great hearing and will bark at most things that they hear that are out of the normal. Maybe I’m overthinking it. I just feel like that dog should have alerted Kenny and I don’t understand why he didn’t grab his gun, said to be right above his head.

Something isn’t right there IMO. I’ve long thought KR was killed first, for a few reasons, but that also doesn’t fit with the preliminary autopsies that said Chris was the first victim.
Do you think that KR let the dog out to go relieve its self, and one of the killers held the dog while the other killer went into the camper and killed KR.

DS stated in his first video interview that KR was taking the day off and he was supposed to spend the night with KR and work on cars the next day. No, I don't have a link because as far as I can tell, that first interview has been scrubbed from the net. Not sure if he repeated this in the third video interview or not.

Every gun I've seen fired indoors, in a furnished home, not an empty indoor gun range, the sound has been muffled, subdued. Add a supressor and it's... ptooo-ptooo, not boom-boom..

DS stated in his first video interview that KR was taking the day off and he was supposed to spend the night with KR and work on cars the next day. No, I don't have a link because as far as I can tell, that first interview has been scrubbed from the net. Not sure if he repeated this in the third video interview or not.

Every gun I've seen fired indoors, in a furnished home, not an empty indoor gun range, the sound has been muffled, subdued. Add a supressor and it's... ptooo-ptooo, not boom-boom..
I’ve always heard DS say he was going to stay the night and work on cars in the morning before Kenny went to work. I’ve never heard DS /
Say Kenny was going to be off work. That also doesn’t fit DS’ statement among the door not being padlocked and Kenny’s truck being home when the door should’ve been padlocked and the truck should’ve been gone (paraphrasing)

I’ve always heard DS say he was going to stay the night and work on cars in the morning before Kenny went to work. I’ve never heard DS /
Say Kenny was going to be off work. That also doesn’t fit DS’ statement among the door not being padlocked and Kenny’s truck being home when the door should’ve been padlocked and the truck should’ve been gone (paraphrasing)

I don't know, wish I could find the first interview, but I know that's what he said. I've never heard DS say "... before KR went to work".

edit: Don't believe I've heard him say the truck should've been gone.

It would make sense if the truck was there, the door would probably not be padlocked outside.

Would they have to be a pretty good shot to hit him once in the eye in an (assumingly) dark camper? Or would they have had to have been fairly close to him to shoot him under those circumstances? I’m not familiar with the range needed for that type of shot. I’m a gun owner but if I were to encounter someone in my home breaking in, I’m aiming for the chest. So, I don’t understand the logistics of shooting someone in the eye I guess. Hope that makes sense.
As you can see from this link, Kenny's camper doesn't have much distance between the door and the sleeping area.

...My 2 Cents...Killer was close enough to him to hit him in the eye and I believe the Wags did a lot of target practice, but not with the actual guns they used that night.

I think they deliberately wanted Kenny to get only one shot, and I believe they discussed where one shot should go that would be fatal.

Kenneth Rhoden's camper. Scroll on photo of his camper to see more photos of it.
Rhoden homes being relocated to 'preserve crime scenes"

Has it been said if they would normally be up and getting ready or already gone?

LE has been very careful to keep each victim's actual time of death from the public. KR rose very early to drive to work in Columbus each day, but we really don't know TOD for any of the victims. That's one of the reasons they redacted all the final autopsy reports.

I remember this well, col.

The shot to the eye could have happened a number of ways, the first being chance. Shooter aimed for the head.

If the shooter threw the money down, then the eye shot just made the diversion that much better, for the purpose of diversion.

As I posted early on, I knew a boy that took a shot between the eyes, and finally died 40 years later, he was crippled, but walked and talked until his last days. Ammo has evolved a lot since then, I expect some tactical ammo was used in the Rhoden case.

Is this it?

Ohio family massacre victim had $1k in cash strewn at his feet and was shot in the head | Daily Mail Online

Stone said he was due to have spent the previous evening with his cousin and slept overnight there adding: 'If I had, I would have been victim number nine. I feel lucky about that and to be alive today.'

"I was supposed to meet him the night before and go to work on some cars with him in the morning.

'When I didn't hear from him I went to the camper and it was unlocked and his truck was outside and I felt there must have been something wrong.

'It was the afternoon and he would normally be out working on cars at 5.30 am.'

Turns out DS really was lucky he didn't go to KR's that night. He apparently didn't know anything about the murders in advance.

Ohio family massacre victim had $1k in cash strewn at his feet and was shot in the head | Daily Mail Online

Above is the link to DS's interview about his plans to spend night and work on cars the next morning with KR.

DS claimed he overslept and didn't go. Who knows? JMO

Why do you suppose that video was taken down, and another took it's place so quickly? I think maybe he let some info out that LE maybe didn't want to share yet. Such as the money which DeWine discounted at first.

DS did the first video interview that looked like it was in a small diner or lunch room, 2nd interview at the Dogwood festival, third from somebody's couch. Dogwood fest video seems to be gone too.

Edited portion of third video at 40 seconds on this report:

I don't know, wish I could find the first interview, but I know that's what he said. I've never heard DS say "... before KR went to work".

edit: Don't believe I've heard him say the truck should've been gone.

It would make sense if the truck was there, the door would probably not be padlocked outside.
My mistake - DS said when he saw KR’s truck and the camper unlocked, he knew something was wrong.

“He said: 'Kenneth would normally padlock the camper where he lived from the outside when he left.

'I was supposed to meet him the night before and go to work on some cars with him in the morning.

'When I didn't hear from him I went to the camper and it was unlocked and his truck was outside and I felt there must have been something wrong.

Fighting back tears, he said: 'There was blood everywhere man. It was something no human should see.

'A man who was good a man lying there like that, shot dead by cowards. It makes me feel ill when I think about what I saw.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...-feet-shot-head-reveals-man-horror-scene.html

Hypothetically speaking, maybe the family had been trying to reach KR. And when lunch time came around with no return phone call from KR, DS & LR were sent to check on KR because he was supposed to be at work but wasn’t returning calls when he would’ve had a break. JMO.

That’s a great point that maybe the prelim autopsies meant Chris was the first killed between him and Gary. I personally do believe Kenny was killed first, not last, but that’s JMO.

I also do believe KR was scheduled to work that Friday, but again that’s JMO from observations over the past almost 33 months, along with statements made by DS & KR2 in their interviews.

I think he was supposed to work too. Someone used him as his cover though...

My mistake - DS said when he saw KR’s truck and the camper unlocked, he knew something was wrong.

“He said: 'Kenneth would normally padlock the camper where he lived from the outside when he left.

'I was supposed to meet him the night before and go to work on some cars with him in the morning.

Fighting back tears, he said: 'There was blood everywhere man. It was something no human should see.

'A man who was good a man lying there like that, shot dead by cowards. It makes me feel ill when I think about what I saw.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...-feet-shot-head-reveals-man-horror-scene.html

Hypothetically speaking, maybe the family had been trying to reach KR. And when lunch time came around with no return phone call from KR, DS & LR were sent to check on KR because he was supposed to be at work but wasn’t returning calls when he would’ve had a break. JMO.

That's always been puzzling to me. DS states they were supposed to work on cars, but yet at the church they expect KR to be at work. However, we don't know when DS arrived at the church.

That's always been puzzling to me. DS states they were supposed to work on cars, but yet at the church they expect KR to be at work. However, we don't know when DS arrived at the church.
Yeah it’s never made sense. One would assume that KR would’ve had to leave fairly early for the 80 mile trek to C-bus to arrive to work on time. I’m not sure how working on cars fits in before work. Personally, I believe the family at the church over the interviews with DS. Perhaps the truth is somewhere in the middle, who knows. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZogNCat