OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, what they did was so diabolical when you stop to think about it. Planning in detail and executing 8 innocent people while they slept in their beds, with infants and toddlers nearby. People who had done no harm to them other than to contest custody of their daughter's/cousin's child.

These murders were the stuff of nightmares. The public must remind themselves of that every time they look into the faces of the Wagners and the grandmothers. A horrific bloodbath over a trivial thing, something that terrorized a community for years.

When the trials begin and the prosecution takes the jurors through the Rhoden homes, I'm not sure I can watch it. It must have been a horrific scene to behold x 4.

It is still hard to believe that S and K had their WHOLE maternal immediate family wiped out over something that supposedly was a nonissue if JW and HR were doing shared parenting as was said they were. Has anyone besides the Ws said they were each having S for a week at a time or was that BS to make it sound like things were good between them?

Yes, what they did was so diabolical when you stop to think about it. Planning in detail and executing 8 innocent people while they slept in their beds, with infants and toddlers nearby. People who had done no harm to them other than to contest custody of their daughter's/cousin's child.

These murders were the stuff of nightmares. The public must remind themselves of that every time they look into the faces of the Wagners and the grandmothers. A horrific bloodbath over a trivial thing, something that terrorized a community for years.

When the trials begin and the prosecution takes the jurors through the Rhoden homes, I'm not sure I can watch it. It must have been a horrific scene to behold x 4.

Just My 2 Cents.....

The defense will fight tooth and nail for the Jury NOT to see the inside of the Rhoden homes, ESPECIALLY if blood stains are still there.

I have a reason to think this because one of Angela's motions, #35, wants to keep photo's of the victims away from the Jury. And her Motion #36 wants to keep victim impact-evidence away from the Jury.

Also, I do not believe it has ever been stated, by LE, that the 3 trailer homes and 1 camper home are being preserved for the Jury TO WALK THROUGH.
My 2 Cents is that the reason for the homes to be preserved is because the homes would have been vandalized and burnt down if not moved.

Actually, it's a way to protect the homes for eventual release to the families.

Don't agree? No problem. All opinions welcomed. Let everyone know what you think......Cool Cats respects differing opinions.....

When it comes to opinions, no one is RIGHT or WRONG, it is your opinion!!!

Last edited:
It is still hard to believe that S and K had their WHOLE maternal immediate family wiped out over something that supposedly was a nonissue if JW and HR were doing shared parenting as was said they were. Has anyone besides the Ws said they were each having S for a week at a time or was that BS to make it sound like things were good between them?

As far as we know this is only something that JW has said. HR never was given her chance to give her public/media side of it. But according to LE in the press conferences, the Wagners lied and lied, so you can't believe them in any way , shape , or form.

Just My 2 Cents.....

The defense will fight tooth and nail for the Jury NOT to see the inside of the Rhoden homes, ESPECIALLY if blood stains are still there.

I have a reason to think this because one of Angela's motions, #35, wants to keep photo's of the victims away from the Jury. And her Motion #36 wants to keep victim impact-evidence away from the Jury.

Respectfully snipped by me for focus.

I fully expected AW's and the other defense attorneys to make these objections to crime scene evidence in the trial, but I sincerely doubt their wishes will be granted. JMO, there's no reason to protect the rights of the defendants in this case. Their crimes were brutal, horrific and outrageous. Overkill. They were planned in advance to be that way. After the first brutal murders, the Wagners repeated the same thing over and over and over again, in breathtaking horror and overkill.

They haven't plead insanity. It wasn't in self defense or an accident or fight gone horribly wrong. Every gruesome detail of those murders was intentionally planned to be that way, so I don't see a judge giving the Wagners a break by not letting the jury or the public see the details of the murders. IANAL, JMO.

My opinion:

I think if they do show the pictures to the Jury maybe they will ask the family members to step out of the courtroom if they feel they cannot handle it. Some warning will be given. If another member does have law experience could give their experience with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

If it were my family, which I NEVER want to be tested in this area, I think I would want to stay to see everything: the truth. The truth is to set one free no matter how horrific it will be.

Too I saw on the other thread where people are saddened that not everyone is aware of who the R's are and what exactly took place, and who was arrested. This might be a blessing in disguise to find a jury for each one who actually has no knowledge of the case so there is no real prejudgment by the person who is selected for the jury. This is one "problematic issue" that was brought about in the pretrial hearings: finding a jury that was untouched by the media accounts and knowledge of things. Please, to soften your heart to this fact think of it as a true blessing that the persons who will be selected for jury will have only the evidence and truths presented in the courtroom to go on. That is huge for the right judgment in the cases and a conviction.

Three, the W's do NOT care what anyone sees so there will be no pleas. MOO They will maintain their innocent plea if there is one iota of a hope that something might happen to get them acquitted of each of the charges.

MOO. The Death Penalty is way too good for these people. Death means this: NO ONE knows anything while asleep. They do not feel, they do not think, they have nothing more to do with what is going on in this Earth again. If this teaching is true, and no one knows until we ourselves get there for sure, then really is this a justice? If they live, each one of them has the imprints, presuming they are guilty here (innocent until proven guilty is what the law states), of what occurred that night will torture them every waking hour of every day and in their sleep, they will have to live with the knowledge of ruining many lives in this including their own. ALL this is torture. EVERY human being has feelings whether we say we do or not. We would like to say that these individuals have a cold heart and therefore do not feel etc etc. But as long as they are living and breathing they are feeling, they are remembering, and they are being tortured because we all know right from wrong. Think about it... it is their "feelings" and the way they reacted that got them where they are now.

Given the nature of the crimes and three children being involved I would assume (of course we know what assuming does) that their life behind bars will be far from Eden.

MOO only ...all of it. MY HEART GOES OUT TO ALL THOSE personally affected by all of this always.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just My 2 Cents.....

Also, I do not believe it has ever been stated, by LE, that the 3 trailer homes and 1 camper home are being preserved for the Jury TO WALK THROUGH.
My 2 Cents is that the reason for the homes to be preserved is because the homes would have been vandalized and burnt down if not moved.

Actually, it's a way to protect the homes for eventual release to the families.

Don't agree? No problem. All opinions welcomed. Let everyone know what you think......Cool Cats respects differing opinions.....

When it comes to opinions, no one is RIGHT or WRONG, it is your opinion!!![/QUOT. The judge hasn’t ruled on those motions yet, or has he?

My opinion:

I think if they do show the pictures to the Jury maybe they will ask the family members to step out of the courtroom if they feel they cannot handle it. Some warning will be given. If another member does have law experience could give their experience with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

If it were my family, which I NEVER want to be tested in this area, I think I would want to stay to see everything: the truth. The truth is to set one free no matter how horrific it will be.

Too I saw on the other thread where people are saddened that not everyone is aware of who the R's are and what exactly took place, and who was arrested. This might be a blessing in disguise to find a jury for each one who actually has no knowledge of the case so there is no real prejudgment by the person who is selected for the jury. This is one "problematic issue" that was brought about in the pretrial hearings: finding a jury that was untouched by the media accounts and knowledge of things. Please, to soften your heart to this fact think of it as a true blessing that the persons who will be selected for jury will have only the evidence and truths presented in the courtroom to go on. That is huge for the right judgment in the cases and a conviction.

Three, the W's do NOT care what anyone sees so there will be no pleas. MOO They will maintain their innocent plea if there is one iota of a hope that something might happen to get them acquitted of each of the charges.

MOO. The Death Penalty is way too good for these people. Death means this: NO ONE knows anything while asleep. They do not feel, they do not think, they have nothing more to do with what is going on in this Earth again. If this teaching is true, and no one knows until we ourselves get there for sure, then really is this a justice? If they live, each one of them has the imprints, presuming they are guilty here (innocent until proven guilty is what the law states), of what occurred that night will torture them every waking hour of every day and in their sleep, they will have to live with the knowledge of ruining many lives in this including their own. ALL this is torture. EVERY human being has feelings whether we say we do or not. We would like to say that these individuals have a cold heart and therefore do not feel etc etc. But as long as they are living and breathing they are feeling, they are remembering, and they are being tortured because we all know right from wrong. Think about it... it is their "feelings" and the way they reacted that got them where they are now.

Given the nature of the crimes and three children being involved I would assume (of course we know what assuming does) that their life behind bars will be far from Eden.

MOO only ...all of it. MY HEART GOES OUT TO ALL THOSE personally affected by all of this always.

Welcome MDMNL. Great post! upload_2019-2-27_23-42-16.gif

In reading their SMs early on, before everything got shut down, and you could see, literally, everything, it appeared to me that they did share custody. There's a couple post still visible, last I checked, that were made by HMR, that lead me to believe they were doing the shared parenting and all seemed well at the time. I don't believe the Rs/HHG ever saw this coming. I think, to do what the W4 have been accused of doing, to obtain the necessary info about the family, JW had to stay on good terms w/HMR and her family. They'd have run him off of UHR, or possibly packed him off, otherwise.

Just curious, what are the most popular colors for pick up trucks. Is it my imagination or are there an awful lot of red pick up trucks in southern Ohio?
I'm still puzzled by the tracker on JM's red pickup truck.
I'm wondering if a red pickup might have shown up on someone's security camera.
Last night, I was trying to research this and my google searches led me to Thread 32 from June/July of 2018. I started reading the whole thread and it was very informative and interesting to read. I'd suggest it's worth a read, answered many questions I've had!
OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #32

Is anything new going to be discussed on March 20 for AW's second pre-trial? Why are there 2 pre-trials?

Some new motions will likely be discussed and the others that needed more time. Also, only one pre-trial hearing is scheduled, March 20, at 1:30 pm.

Date/Time Type Event Judge Result
03/20/2019 01:30 PM PRE-TRIAL DEERING, RANDY D----Angela Wagner

Last edited:
1528ccfd-012e-4a4f-8741-c5355feb10f6-medium16x9_LuAnnAngelaWagnerinCourt10.jpg

Robin Wagner takes notes during Angela Wagner's hearing.
by Lu Ann Stoia
Monday, January 7th 2019
COLUMBUS, Ohio (WSYX/WTTE)

Last edited:
Date/Time
03/29/2019 01:30 PM PRE-TRIAL DEERING, RANDY D----GW3

03/22/2019 01:30 PM PRE-TRIAL DEERING, RANDY D----GW4

04/04/2019 01:30 PM PRE-TRIAL DEERING, RANDY D----Edward Jake Wagner

03/28/2019 01:30 PM PRE-TRIAL DEERING, RANDY D----FW

03/28/2019 10:00 AM PRE-TRIAL DEERING, RANDY D----Rita Newcomb

Last edited:
In reading their SMs early on, before everything got shut down, and you could see, literally, everything, it appeared to me that they did share custody. There's a couple post still visible, last I checked, that were made by HMR, that lead me to believe they were doing the shared parenting and all seemed well at the time. I don't believe the Rs/HHG ever saw this coming. I think, to do what the W4 have been accused of doing, to obtain the necessary info about the family, JW had to stay on good terms w/HMR and her family. They'd have run him off of UHR, or possibly packed him off, otherwise.[/QUOTEu
JMO The Wagners might have killed before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member