OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI from AG DeWine's Twitter:
AG DeWine & #PikeCounty Sheriff Reader will be on @CBSEveningNews & @ABCWorldNews tonight to further discuss case.

How many times can they say "no comment"?

They cannot just show up with tens of thousands of dollars in cash deposits at the local bank. These people live cash only lives, that limits their ability to spend money on what others might see as desirable. Anything that attracts a lot of attention, fancy new home, lots of new cars, clothes, trips are off limits. Plus they have to have some legitimate income (job) and be home to watch over and tend to all their endeavours. It is a different culture.
Think, breaking bad.

But the owner of the Big Bear facility said the boy was begging for work so he had gas money - that doesn't say making money from drug sales to me.

Agreed on the specifics of him selling. I guess my broader point would be it's possible he is not just an innocent bystander whether it was selling, growing, stealing, or whatever else ends up coming out. This would help explain the infants and preschooler being left physically unharmed. If it was just about not leaving any witnesses, I hate to say it but I doubt the 3-year-old would have been left alive (there was one of the 3 year olds there, right?)

I posted earlier about a raid of a grow op in Pike County of about 1000 plants. Run by illegals but they didn't catch anyone. Price per plant about $1200-1500. So, not small potatoes. Competition, maybe??

I know doubtful but possible MM growers for care-givers?:facepalm::moo:

Most of them are friends with her, so I automatically thought they were family, same last name......

I hadn't looked at SM for this. I was just going by the obituary that lists family. None of the victims are named in it.

Agreed on the specifics of him selling. I guess my broader point would be it's possible he is not just an innocent bystander whether it was selling, growing, stealing, or whatever else ends up coming out. This would help explain the infants and preschooler being left physically unharmed. If it was just about not leaving any witnesses, I hate to say it but I doubt the 3-year-old would have been left alive.
In reference to the 3 year old, if a person is not well known to them or if they are wearing a mask, or sleeping in a separate room, then the 3 year old would be unable to ID I would think.

LOL maybe the pot is the smoking gun, but I just don't see that yet. It IS intriguing, though. Other enterprises include demolition derbies, possibly (rumor, as yet) *advertiser censored* fighting, and dogfighting. All sort of underground enterprises that are not underground at all in poverty-stricken pockets of the US. I don't know, maybe they are all activities that can generate planned executions of entire families, but I need to be convinced. There is something else operating here and I don't have any clue as to what it is. JMO

I have a question - did LE/AG say grow ops on 3 sites because two of the residences are so close they are part of a single land parcel owned by the same property owner? Anyone find land plats?

Okay folks. Thread #2 is ready to roll out. Start moving over to that thread, this one will close in 10 minutes.

When I first heard the breaking news, I thought 3 sites at one crime scene I could swear he said scene, then I looked for a link and it lists crimes scenes (plural).

LOL maybe the pot is the smoking gun, but I just don't see that yet. It IS intriguing, though. Other enterprises include demolition derbies, possibly (rumor, as yet) *advertiser censored* fighting, and dogfighting. All sort of underground enterprises that are not underground at all in poverty-stricken pockets of the US. I don't know, maybe they are all activities that can generate planned executions of entire families, but I need to be convinced. There is something else operating here and I don't have any clue as to what it is. JMO

Read some of the articles I linked about cartels in Ohio. Or just use Google. It an actual thing (the cartels I mean). In fact, Dayton Ohio is one of the biggest hubs right now in the country. Columbus is another. They have fanned out into the rural areas, specifically along route 23 south through Appalachia into West Virginia because there are fewer LE in those areas and it is cheap. There are at least three major cartels named in these stories and by the police. Federation was one. I can't remember the others. I think the warning at the presser to be armed if you think you are in danger was code for "if you are growing pot." JMO, but this has all the brutality and finality of what happens when you step on those peoples' toes.

If anyone finds where the video from the presser is uploaded please alert me with the link. I am prepping thread #2 and want to make sure it is linked in the opening post. thanks,

tlcya

[video=youtube;DuIxUnk8gmo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuIxUnk8gmo[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads