OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was his father's land that was deeded to all 8 of his kids at his death. There are several parcels that make up the 50+ acres at 799 Left Fork. The sisters (I can't imagine why ;)) wanted nothing to do with their 1/8 share of the land from their father and basically gave their shares to the 4 sons of Clarence and so the Christopher et al was formed. Two of the sisters gave their shares ONLY to CR1 for some reason. Thus leaving CR1 the majority owner.

I have pointed out the family division before because CR and KR stayed with their dad and took care of dad when their parents got divorced. The other two brothers went with their mom and still take care of their mom. In my opinion that's one reason for jealousy and one possible theory of what could have happened. Take out CR and KR and they probably thought the property was theirs and they got what they felt like they deserved. However if that was the case, I don't think they realized the grandchildren would get CR1 shares of the property. Also I could see some jealousy between the siblings of each of the families. The two brothers children (not CR and KR children) could feel like they deserve more of the property or family "businesses". Just possibilities. I definitely don't think the siblings were united and the 4 sisters have sort of separated themselves from the brothers. I kind of find it interesting that the sisters aren't really ever mentioned. Some moved away.

dayna769, because these threads have moved quickly and we have a lot of new members who may not understand how we source info at Websleuths. I know you and others ran al this info down quite a few threads ago. Could you give a runddown of how you found this information about property ownership and link to the public docs sites that got you to this conclusion? That would be a great help to those who missed it in those earlier threads.

Thanks,

tlcya

I think there's some connection between the manager of BB and a singer. Maybe that's what the OP was alluding to? Idk, as I said yesterday, anything is possible at this point because we don't freaking KNOW anything.
We know because MSM tells us:
1. 8 members of the same family were killed
2. 7 of the 8 suffered multiple GSW
3. CRSr and FR were found together, with possible staging of the bodies, no sign of forced entry
4. CRSr's door was locked per 911 call by BM
5. BM had a reason for being at CRSr's residence.
6. FR, HG and their 6mo old along with FR's 3yr old were found together, children unharmed.
7. No word on whether forced entry happened.
8. DR, HR and CRJr were found by her brother at the same address along with HR's 4 day old baby, baby unharmed. Their dogs were let out ny person or persons unknown.
9. DR was laying somewhere close enough to the door for her brother to see her and back out.
10. KR was found alone, in bed with money strewn about his legs by DS some 5 hours after discovery of the other Rhodens. His dog was present.
11. 3 of the 4 crime scenes allegedly had marijuana grow ops. We don't know which 3
12. There is involvement with selling used cars by CRSr, KR, DR and FR.
13. There was a divorce between Clarence Rhoden (CRSr's father) and his wife that split that generation between the two.
14. KR has ties to people convicted of drug violations in KY
15. There was an altercation between Union Hill people and some teenagers approximately 2 weeks before the attacks.
16. The teenagers involved in the altercation have supposedly cleared their names and are no longer suspects
17. Cars have been towed from 2 of the scenes.

If I missed anything let me know.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

3. Wasn't it CRsr and GR, not CRsr and FR?

4. We know a door was locked. We don't know if all doors were locked or which door she was saying was locked.

8. While we assume CRjr and HR were at DR's based on other comments (though there are also rumors circulating CRjr was in fact not found there) it's never been confirmed. The only person we KNOW was at DR's, was DR.

11. We know KR at least had a "tray" so we can assume he was 1 of 3.

- There was also the sentencing for the CRjr being assaulted case with protective orders days before the murder. IIRC.

3. Wasn't it CRsr and GR, not CRsr and FR?

4. We know a door was locked. We don't know if all doors were locked or which door she was saying was locked.

8. While we assume CRjr and HR were at DR's based on other comments (though there are also rumors circulating CRjr was in fact not found there) it's never been confirmed. The only person we KNOW was at DR's, was DR.

11. We know KR at least had a "tray" so we can assume he was 1 of 3.

- There was also the sentencing for the CRjr being assaulted case with protective orders days before the murder. IIRC.
Oops you're right. CRSR and GR not FR
(Typing on my phone, still no excuse for not proof reading. I will correct it, thanks)

I am adding your comments in, thanks.

Even with a large grow op, the ventilation systems typically don't cover the entire smell, just takes it down a bit. Especially depending on the quality.

I know someone that tried to ventilate up and out through the chimney thinking it would be going high enough into the air it wouldn't matter. Wrong. Smelled like you were driving into a marijuana factory when going to his house depending on which way the wind was blowing that day.

HA HA HA!!! I know it! From the neighbors behind and 2 doors down from us, to boot. Anybody that pulled up in front of my house....
got a snoot full!

Oops you're right. CRSR and GR not FR
(Typing on my phone, still no excuse for not proof reading. I will correct it, thanks)

I am adding your comments in, thanks.

Not trying to be nit picky lol. The hamster wheels in my head are turning.

I have a question I'm hoping someone can help me with. In a crime scene report that was released, one deputy states that the trailer where CR and GR were found appeared to be unoccupied except for the 2 bodies. Does this mean that this trailer was empty of everything else, furniture and such?

I've wondered this as well.

On one hand, I can see unoccupied as meaning that nobody alive was in the residence. Therefore nobody was occupying the dwelling.

I also know there was talk DR and CRsr were reconciling and wonder if CRsr was living over there and maybe some portion of a grow operation was even in CRsr's trailer. Which has also made me wonder if they went to DR's and when he wasn't there went to the next place and took out FR and HG due to the proximity and potential factor of them maybe knowing who would have done it.

I've said it a million times, I'll say it again, there are so many angles, and every theory I can come up with I can find something to work against it. And with as little information as we have, all we can do is speculate on how many different ways this could have went down, and how many different reasons why.

Not saying that this case involves stolen car parts, but if you think that people wouldn't kill to protect a large racket ...

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2008/04/08/oldchop.html

e.g. Little Dixie Mafia where a bar owner ran everything behind the scenes and thought he was untouchable because of the many layers between him and the killings. He ran a loose knit band of thieves and murderers for hire that ended in the killings and a judge and his wife and and others.

There is something that bothers me about BJMs 911 call. Actually 2 things. 1. During the call someone in the background say's "don't (unintelligible)" and she replies "I won't". Don't what? Don't tell the 911 operator about something? If so,what? 2. During the call when she is gasping for breath and the 911 operator is urging her to calm down she say's "I just walked (went) to the mailbox.' Correct me if I am wrong but it seems odd that you find your bill dead (whom we assume you are close to since you see him everyday in the course of feeding his animals) with the (blank) beat out of him and blood everywhere, and the first thing you do BEFORE calling 911, is go check the mail. At a very fast clip I might add judging from her gasping for air in the call. Any thoughts on this anyone? It's driving me nuts trying to figure out what was so important coming in the mail and if that was the real reason for her early morning visit and what that don't, I won't business was about.

I dont think she was getting the mail. She went there to see the address to tell 911.

I also think there is a chance that scenes could have been cross contaminated if someone went into multiple scenes prior to police arrival which could be difficult because now their DNA could be all over.. No judgement, I'm pretty sure none of us know exactly what we would do - I hope none of us ever have to find out, but we don't know if she just looked at the bodies or checked for pulses, was she walking through blood then went elsewhere, were kids removed from FR and HG's prior to arrival (goodness I hope so if they were in there.) This whole thing is just a mess, in every way possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there was a family that was shot, they owned about 50 pit bulls, the dogs went to rescue, but the family deaths, it all went quiet. Same kinda deal though.
Where did this happen?

I think there's some connection between the manager of BB and a singer. Maybe that's what the OP was alluding to? Idk, as I said yesterday, anything is possible at this point because we don't freaking KNOW anything.

3. CRSr and GR were found together, with possible staging of the bodies, no sign of forced entry
4. CRSr's door was locked per 911 call by BM, but no word on which door or if all doors were locked. CRSR's dogs were and still are missing.
6. FR, HG and their 6mo old along with FR's 3yr old were found together, children unharmed.
8. DR, HR and CRJr were found by her brother at the same address along with HR's 4 day old baby, baby unharmed. Their dogs were let out ny person or persons unknown. Rumor states CRJr may not have been found inside. It has never been officially confirmed that HR and CRJr were found here.
9. DR was laying somewhere close enough to the door for her brother to see her and back out.
10. KR was found alone, in bed with money strewn about his legs by DS some 5 hours after discovery of the other Rhodens. His dog was present.
11. 3 of the 4 crime scenes allegedly had marijuana grow ops. We don't know which 3, but with the discovery of a tray of MJ plants by DS, we can say with confidence that KR was 1 site.
13. There was a divorce between Clarence Rhoden (CRSr's father) and his wife that split that generation between the two.
15. There was an altercation between Union Hill people and some teenagers approximately 2 weeks before the attacks.
16. The teenagers involved in the altercation have supposedly cleared their names and are no longer suspects
18. CRJr was involved in an altercation with an adult female who was convicted of assault and had an RO against her in the few days leading up to the attacks.

Edited to correct typo

4) We really don't know about CRsr's dogs. Video showed at least one dog still chained. News reporter was contacted by one of the WS users and stated the dogs were fine as far as he knew.
7) We don't know where HHG's body was found. Assumption is it was in the bed, but all we know for sure is from the BJM interview where she mentioned FR & the 6 m.o.
8) JM found Dana and then "backed out" according to LM interview
13) We don't know if that is what split the family or if there even is a split.

4) We really don't know about CRsr's dogs. Video showed at least one dog still chained. News reporter was contacted by one of the WS users and stated the dogs were fine as far as he knew.
7) We don't know where HHG's body was found. Assumption is it was in the bed, but all we know for sure is from the BJM interview where she mentioned FR & the 6 m.o.
8) JM found Dana and then "backed out" according to LM interview
13) We don't know if that is what split the family or if there even is a split.

I questioned that split earlier somewhere today myself.

I know you are going to creep on people who are not named POIs or suspects. I can't tell you what to do. But you are all aware of the rules, or should be.

What you do outside of Websleuths is your business.

Please do not discuss that creeping here.

If you are following this or that still living family member's facebook so be it. But leave it at the door. Just don't mention it here.

Thanks,

tlcya

Not saying that this case involves stolen car parts, but if you think that people wouldn't kill to protect a large racket ...

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2008/04/08/oldchop.html

Adding to my previous post. This Joe Rosebrook was released in April 2014. What's the first thing he did after moving to Florida? Got in trouble again (along with his brother this time) for a 2006 hiring of a hit man to kill the man who helped send him to prison. It's stated in here that he continued to run this stolen car parts ring while in prison using a smuggled cell phone.

http://www.examiner.org/news/59586-rosebrook-brothers-charged-in-2006-botched-murder-for-hire

I also think there is a chance that scenes could have been cross contaminated if someone went into multiple scenes prior to police arrival which could be difficult because now their DNA could be all over.. No judgement, I'm pretty sure none of us know exactly what we would do - I hope none of us ever have to find out, but we don't know if she just looked at the bodies or checked for pulses, was she walking through blood then went elsewhere, were kids removed from FR and HG's prior to arrival (goodness I hope so if they were in there.) This whole thing is just a mess, in every way possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the things I would check is if anyone in the circle of surviving family or friends has found the need to get new tires since April 21-22.

In the 911 call, you can hear BJM go out to the mailbox to check for the address. A lot of the out there type places in certain counties have only recently (in the last five-ish years, or so) been given "true" addresses to aid in GPS mapping for E-911. The old addresses were pretty vague before this happened, and some roads were even GIVEN names for this purpose. It is understandable that she would have to run out and look. My in-laws live two streets over and I have no idea what their physical address is...only the street name.

I have been going over picture after picture of these scenes trying to figure out where these ops were located, and to save my life, I cannot. The only scene we believe to have contained any kind of plants comes from DS's interview about discovering KR. He mentions going out to a building and seeing some plants in some trays, which says to me that they were seedlings. He never mentions why he goes out there, of course. So, we can only assume it was to either check for someone still lurking around, or to see if something was stolen. He says in his first interview that he never witnessed KR with any drugs...so you can speculate all day about how truthful he's being....but we may never know one way or the other, I suppose.

I have seen the pictures of the red barn on DM's property boarded up. I read in an article somewhere that all of the scenes had been boarded up to prevent looters and such, so it's hard to tell if there was any of the op in that barn, or the one on Sr's and Jr's house. I also saw that ChrSR had a tractor trailer parked amongst the cars and wondered if there was anything going on in that? There are several small buildings and then the nicer white garage where these could have been found. It's also possible that it was being done further away from the homes in open air...hence the hazmat guys combing the woods.

I don't think ChrJR was found outside. I think with Kenneth being found so much later, and the media reporting early on that they'd found two juveniles got lost in translation somewhere along the way. With the way KR's camper was sitting, kind of off a random side road in the middle of trees....I can see how this would be confusing. Again...I could be wrong!

There are just so many question unanswered, and so many possibilities, even speculating makes my brain hurt! I wonder when they will release ANYTHING of use?

I know we can't sleuth victims' family members, but Pike locals posting here are aware of who the Rhodens are. Is it acceptable to ask how many immediate family members are living in the area and, once removed from the victims. Just a number of the adults and gender? Please?

3. CRSr and GR were found together, with possible staging of the bodies, no sign of forced entry
4. CRSr's door was locked per 911 call by BM, but no word on which door or if all doors were locked. CRSR's dogs were and still are missing.
8. DR, HR and CRJr were found by her brother at the same address along with HR's 4 day old baby, baby unharmed. Their dogs were let out ny person or persons unknown. Rumor states CRJr may not have been found inside. It has never been officially confirmed that HR and CRJr were found here.
11. 3 of the 4 crime scenes allegedly had marijuana grow ops. We don't know which 3, but with the discovery of a tray of MJ plants by DS, we can say with confidence that KR was 1 site.
18. CRJr was involved in an altercation with an adult female who was convicted of assault and had an RO against her in the few days leading up to the attacks.

Edited to correct typo

Could we have some links added to each of these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinatrue