OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Continuances happen ALL the time. Way more than people realize. My ex can drag his personal court dates out for a year. Granted he hasn't been on a potential murder trial, but lawyers always ask for continuances to build their case further, it's very rare things are actually settled on the original date intended.

Yeah, so true. What seems not so usual is the fact JJ was indicted by the grand jury for really serious crimes and was allowed to bond out. Why with his track record? That is a rhetorical question BTW.

I thought your comments and observations have been been very thoughtful and appropriate. I worked in various psychiatric facilities for 30+ years. During that time, I saw very few hospitalized sociopaths. They tend to be quite adept at avoiding detection and treatment. Fool people is what a sociopath does.

Thank you, Marymac, my experience required intensive trauma counseling and a lot of reading on my part. I still don't trust people. Socio/psychopaths are experts at deception and at making other people think that you're the crazy one if you question or doubt them. If it is as I suspect, this man will have a running record of every infraction that can destroy his supervisors.

To the question "Have the authorities released [.....]" the answer is always no. I am quite sure they never released TOD.

They especially won't release the TOD, so I wouldn't expect it until trial. TOD, which BCI should be able to determine with relative accuracy in this case, is going to be vital to ruling suspects in or out. Releasing it will make it very difficult to get an arrest and a conviction. As much as I would like to know TOD, for all victims, particularly KR, I hope it is not made public.

Speaking of timeline issues, I keep hearing that DR made a post or liked a post on FB as late as 2:30am Friday. Is there a SS or could someone possibly refer me to the page? There was no activity on her page that late.

Does no one else think it is curious that jj went to San Diego, California for a short time before Piketon Police position?

I do. And maybe my light hearted comment about maybe JJ being involved somehow with the post office pot is not far fetched afterall.
Informant or opposite of informant

Im getting more and more convinced that the Post Office news is somehow tied to these murders.

It hasn't been dismissed. It's only dismissed at that level to turn it over to State. Murder is not a federal offense unless you kill certain government people.
If you look at some other people on the court website with serious criminal charges, you can see Pike County dismissing and turning it over with the same language. Some manufacturing and trafficking charges of family or distant family I believe I saw the same language used.

They dismissed those charges without prejudice meaning they can recharge him. This finding was based on the grand jury indictment where they indicted him on the following 5 charges:

Murder and reckless homicide (March 2015 shooting of Robert Rooker)
Manslaughter, reckless homicide and tampering with evidence (Dec 3 Shooting of Jason Brady)

He is still waiting on the pre-trial hearing which was Feb 18 but then rescheduled for Apr 22.

Somewhat off subject but after looking over some of the encounters a few had with LE seems their payouts low and came out fairly unscathed. If in the City would of kissed freedom bye!

Actually, I was told by a psychologists that NS can have a kind of empathy for very young children as they somehow identify with their innocence, as I mentioned earlier - this changes when the child reaches puberty. Here is a good article about questioning a sociopath om a law enforcement page. http://policelink.monster.com/training/articles/37300-the-psychopath-as-an-interrogation-subject

Depends on the person as to whether they empathize with children or not. Also, not all sociopaths are killers. Your link is about psychopaths not sociopaths. They are different. To better help understand some of the difference, here's a link from an actual sociopath. http://www.signature-reads.com/2013/05/little-did-we-know-5-myths-about-sociopathy-debunked/

We can agree to disagree though because I feel like we are taking up space on this thread over something we don't agree on.

I have a question about KR. I've seen it mentioned numerous times that he might have been drunk and passed out when he was shot. Is there some confirmation that he was a heavy drinker?

They dismissed those charges without prejudice meaning they can recharge him. This finding was based on the grand jury indictment where they indicted him on the following 5 charges:

Murder and reckless homicide (March 2015 shooting of Robert Rooker)
Manslaughter, reckless homicide and tampering with evidence (Dec 3 Shooting of Jason Brady)

He is still waiting on the pre-trial hearing which was Feb 18 but then rescheduled for Apr 22.

Do you know if he is being tried in Pike County or a different court?

Does no one else think it is curious that jj went to San Diego, California for a short time before Piketon Police position?

No not curious at all for me, as he may have had family or friends there.

They especially won't release the TOD, so I wouldn't expect it until trial. TOD, which BCI should be able to determine with relative accuracy in this case, is going to be vital to ruling suspects in or out. Releasing it will make it very difficult to get an arrest and a conviction. As much as I would like to know TOD, for all victims, particularly KR, I hope it is not made public.

Speaking of timeline issues, I keep hearing that DR made a post or liked a post on FB as late as 2:30am Friday. Is there a SS or could someone possibly refer me to the page? There was no activity on her page that late.

That post wasn't on her own page, it was to someone else that we can't sleuth.

Do you know if he is being tried in Pike County or a different court?

The case was turned over to BCI and the AG's office so I'm not sure if that would still be in Pike County or if it then moves to a State court.

Depends on the person as to whether they empathize with children or not. Also, not all sociopaths are killers. Your link is about psychopaths not sociopaths. They are different. To better help understand some of the difference, here's a link from an actual sociopath. http://www.signature-reads.com/2013/05/little-did-we-know-5-myths-about-sociopathy-debunked/

We can agree to disagree though because I feel like we are taking up space on this thread over something we don't agree on.

Last word: the terminology is indistinct and I have read through Sam Vaknin's site extensively. I thought I made it quite clear that not all sociopaths/psychopaths are killers. What they do have in common is a lack of empathy and remorse. While I have unfortunate personal experience, I am also a psychology minor and an excellent researcher. I think that our conversation has helped to bring JJ into the light, somewhere a socio/psycho does not want to be. If he is involved, then good. If he isn't, we've discussed the strange workings of the Pike County LE and that is relevant. I have read and understand the difference you are denoting, just think JJ could be either https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/wicked-deeds/201401/how-tell-sociopath-psychopath

Actually, I was told by a psychologists that NS can have a kind of empathy for very young children as they somehow identify with their innocence
I wonder if they'd do well w/dogs? Not in a caring, loving, manner toward (a dog or pet) but in not harming one b/c of their innocence and being good at working w/them.

I wonder if they'd do well w/dogs? Not in a caring, loving, manner toward (a dog or pet) but in not harming one b/c of their innocence and being good at working w/them.
It is reported that the sheriff said JJ was "doing well" with k-9 patrol. Something else that really sticks out to me is that he seems to have worked late shifts. I wonder if he has a personal motorcycle as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper