OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that the curve you go into just past the road closed sign, I think a fairly decent house (maybe a modular) is on the right not long after you turn onto the road. You should have acted lost and asked LM for directions, lol.

Yes. That's it.
It was kind of funny because we were on our way back out and we came upon the curve abruptly, my husband had to really get on the breaks and I looked up and LM was waving. I screamed, "that's Leonard!!" He almost took the poor guy out. LOL
That curve is sharp.

I'm glad the pictures are bringing some more insight into the case/locations for everyone.
I'm going to go by Left Fork on Sunday.

Yes. That's it.
It was kind of funny because we were on our way back out and we came upon the curve abruptly, my husband had to really get on the breaks and I looked up and LM was waving. I screamed, "that's Leonard!!" He almost took the poor guy out. LOL!
That curve is sharp.

You can't help but like Leonard. I feel sorry for him and his wife especially. They've lost so, so much..-a daughter, three grandkids, a son-in-law that they were apparently quite close with....and still don't have an answer as to why.

Yes. That's it.
It was kind of funny because we were on our way back out and we came upon the curve abruptly, my husband had to really get on the breaks and I looked up and LM was waving. I screamed, "that's Leonard!!" He almost took the poor guy out. LOL!
That curve is sharp.

Haha! He was waving for you to stop and not run him down! Your hubby is super awesome for taking you on that little excursion!

Is that the curve you go into just past the road closed sign, I think a fairly decent house (maybe a modular) is on the right not long after you turn onto the road. You should have acted lost and asked LM for directions, lol.

Lol I might have to take a week and drive to Ohio. My curiosity is getting the better of me. LM would think I was for sure lost.

Still having issues seeing the pics without ads :( edited: its the phone :) computer much better :)

LOL! Not sure why they would have been there either considering they said the road was opened back up as of Tuesday.
I did see LE at the compound center where they took the cars, trailers, etc.

I went on up 32 East (past my 23 North exit) and took Shuster Road up to 220 and past the impound lot, then into Waverly past sheriffs set up in their parking lot. I see they still have the command post trailer set up there. Hopefully charges come soon.

I went on up 32 East (past my 23 North exit) and took Shuster Road up to 220 and past the impound lot, then into Waverly past sheriffs set up in their parking lot. I see they still have the command post trailer set up there. Hopefully charges come soon.

I hope so!!!

Lol I might have to take a week and drive to Ohio. My curiosity is getting the better of me. LM would think I was for sure lost.

There you go. UHR is very easy to find, unless of course you miss the turn right at the peak of the hill, you come up on it really fast. Oh and make sure you turn your signal on about a half mile back, the cars show no mercy out there.

Haha! He was waving for you to stop and not run him down! Your hubby is super awesome for taking you on that little excursion!

Haha! That's what my husband said.
I'm glad he went with me..I definitely got an eerie vibe there.. and it was so wooded with several little paths here and there that led into the woods. It was creepy.

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s.../?hootPostID=f21a92a25ff6819dc7f3df50905b7e56

CHILLICOTHE - An overdose and drug buys by confidential informants led Chillicothe police to one of their largest drug busts in a "long time."
Brian Butler, a former systems administrator for the Chillicothe Municipal Court, was one of three people arrested Thursday night after Chillicothe Police served a search warrant at his home, at 151 E. Fairview Street.

The area's on a roll with drug busts.

I told my husband to stop and I would turn my recorder on and stick my phone out the window to see if he would talk. lol! Just kidding of course.

He does seem like a nice man and my heart breaks for him. I can't even imagine the pain and grief. I hope arrests are made and he can somehow find peace.

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s.../?hootPostID=f21a92a25ff6819dc7f3df50905b7e56

CHILLICOTHE - An overdose and drug buys by confidential informants led Chillicothe police to one of their largest drug busts in a "long time."
Brian Butler, a former systems administrator for the Chillicothe Municipal Court, was one of three people arrested Thursday night after Chillicothe Police served a search warrant at his home, at 151 E. Fairview Street.

The area's on a roll with drug busts.

And it was a court employee. [emoji1305]

In and out - one determined person?

I don't know. Sometimes I think so, sometimes I think an ambush, and other times I think it was a couple of guys visiting or "doing business" and things went terribly wrong after an argument.

<modsnip>

I know about living in the boonies. I'm about two miles from two different counties and two different area codes....

I did wonder if the 3 counties played a role. I am in a similar rural setting where drugs are prevalent and crime follows. When you don't live "in town" and are close to county lines, you don't feel much of a police presence.

Thank you for the information. I live in the tristate area and live rural, just west of Cincinnati instead of east. I think our areas are similar in many ways. I hope there is an arrest soon.

Yep. It's like that here too. I've lived in this specific location for 7 years, basically at 4 corners of counties. We are rural rural and have no actual town cops since town is so far, the nearest town doesn't even have a police station and the other nearest town doesn't cover this area. The county cops are NEVER patrolling this area because we are so rural, they have hands full elsewhere. I've seen a state trooper once while driving the back roads by my house, and they were called to the house they were at. Drugs run rampant in these parts because they aren't out patrolling it. You can basically get away with murder. I don't mean that in a bad way as a jab at this case, but it's true. Not much would catch people's attention out here to where they would call the police. When there was a break in nearby the homeowner shot the intruder before dialing 911. We had a neighbor that called police for an assault from her ex and it took them 48 hours to actually come out to get a statement. There just isn't the police presence around here, which is nice because I can drive 70 when going to work, but is worrisome at times. That's why everyone is armed out here. If someone is breaking in, they are coming for blood, and the police will take a minimum of 20 minutes to get out here in an actual very serious emergency.

Yes. That's it.
It was kind of funny because we were on our way back out and we came upon the curve abruptly, my husband had to really get on the breaks and I looked up and LM was waving. I screamed, "that's Leonard!!" He almost took the poor guy out. LOL
That curve is sharp.

You suppose LM has been talking to passersby, or that was just the country kind of wave for everyone? Or maybe he was saying, uh huh almost missed the turn didn't ya?

The dozer in the pic is relatively new, modern, high tech, quiet running. Left behind or brought in by LE to move other things out? Did see some fresh crawler tracks in the dirt.

Thanks for producing the independent pics!

You suppose LM has been talking to passersby, or that was just the country kind of wave for everyone? Or maybe he was saying, uh huh almost missed the turn didn't ya?

The dozer in the pic is relatively new, modern, high tech, quiet running. Left behind or brought in by LE to move other things out? Did see some fresh crawler tracks in the dirt.

Thanks for producing the independent pics!

If it's anything like it is out here, we wave to everyone lol. I'll be standing outside and people driving by wave, or I'll be out on my porch and wave to every car that drives by and looks my direction. My husband and I always laugh about it because if someone doesn't wave we always say "they must not be local."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman