OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She's VERY active in the page I am referring to. VERY. But she isn't forthcoming about who she is.

She's not an admin in the page I am referring to; she may have started another one, but it's not the "In Loving Memory..." page that is admin'ed by family members. That's the one that was the Justice For page until a day or ago.

I have also recently reviewed this account, am aware of her postings and agree there was a recommendation to change the settings (dynamics) because it was becoming like that other forum. I believe it was changed within last 48 hours.

This family was never middle-class. They didn't undergo economic changes. This is textbook generational poverty. This seems to be a culture very much not like yours, based on your comments. That doesn't invite judgement into the Appalachian, or any rural poor, culture on anyone's part. What it does invite is a willingness to accept that not everyone drives a Tahoe or Odyssey and drinks $4 coffee. This family can't be judged through the lens of a suburban mom who goes to Pilates every day , or an urban subway rider, or a teenager who goes to Destin every Spring Break. None of that exists in their world, just as the lack of strong schools, job opportunities and college funding doesn't exist in ours.
If you add up all the land, and cars (if he owned all of them) he was probably worth more than you think. Even a junk car is worth a few hundred. This is assuming he didn't have large amounts of debt.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...en-children-property-still-resolved/84844856/

If you think the Rhoden family criminal case has been confusing, you haven't seen anything yet.

A flurry of probate court action launches with a filing expected today in Pike County. The nature of that action was not public Tuesday. But it is sure to signal months if not years of future court hearings and legal arguments focused on two primary questions left in the wake of the slayings of eight members of the Rhoden family on April 22:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spare me. I'm 66 years old, drive a 2003 Sable and worked my tail off to pay for my education. I do not have much sympathy for dealing drugs to get by. That doesn't help anyone and sets kids up for failure.

Also, make my own coffee.

Spare me. I'm 66 years old, drive a 2003 Sable and worked my tail off to pay for my education. I do not have much sympathy for dealing drugs to get by. That doesn't help anyone and sets kids up for failure.

Marymac250, you and I have a lot in common... except I'm still in school - lol. Everyone has discussed the downward slide in Appalachia...

I totally agree.

There are a number of recent comments that almost sound like victim-bashing, seemingly based on not being middle-class. Stuff like "That's a big concern of mine. Bringing children into this kind of lifestyle. Really, really sad."

Eight people are dead. Whether some of them participated in things that lead to the murders isn't mine to decide, just as it wasn't the murder's to decide. I have no room in my head or heart to judge a 20 year-old mother who clearly loved her son for bringing him into the world. I just can't do it.

I agree with you 100%. I personally do not see these people as impoverished at all. What is important to some is not important to others. Some people are perfectly content living a simpler life style while others want the finer things, materialistic things, in life. This family seem to have extracurricular activities such as derby cars, lots of dogs, buying cars and lots of land, all that requires money. Looking at pictures of this family and reading their comments on one another's posts, they seemed like family was what mattered to them. Regardless of how they earned their living does not constitute 8 people, 4 of which are kids, being murdered. Of course, this is all my opinion.

No shell casings?! Are Air Guns big or long like rifles? Can they be traced?
I'm not sure if this is considered rumor or not, but I think it was KR's Dad that said in an interview that he had been told there were two casings found or something to that effect. Many speculated that meant two "Different" types (calibers) of guns had been used. I think if this is true, then that rules out an air gun.

I really don't think anyone is victim bashing. Maybe it sounds that way to people who live in the area - but dealing drugs and *advertiser censored* fights are not a "normal" lifestyle - it's an illegal lifestyle. And I sure don't think that what they did was deserving of murder. I think we're all more concerned with who did! So if I've offended anyone, let me say I'm sorry.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...en-children-property-still-resolved/84844856/

If you think the Rhoden family criminal case has been confusing, you haven't seen anything yet.

A flurry of probate court action launches with a filing expected today in Pike County. The nature of that action was not public Tuesday. But it is sure to signal months if not years of future court hearings and legal arguments focused on two primary questions left in the wake of the slayings of eight members of the Rhoden family on April 22:

Wow. Makes some of our estate woes look trivial.

So there have been a ton of different theories/motives/scenarios discussed... It's been a month now.
What have you heard that you just can't get on board with and why?
I know it's hard to completely rule out any scenerio at this point because we are lacking so much information but I know I have read some that I don't see as being very plausible.

Mexican cartel - I mean really? Unless they had something other than 200 pot plants, I don't think this is plausible.
derby cars- again, really? I don't even need a reason there.
fighting birds - I'm not seeing even a die hard animal rights activists taking out 8 people over some roosters.
Love triangle - nah. I can't see this because if it were just the 5 immediate members, possibly, but you have the other 2. Where would fit into that equation?
I'm not on board with 1 killer, I just see no way 1 person could kill 8 people in 4 locations. 3 of those locations had 2 or more people there.

I'm not sure if this is considered rumor or not, but I think it was KR's Dad that said in an interview that he had been told there were two casings found or something to that effect. Many speculated that meant two "Different" types (calibers) of guns had been used. I think if this is true, then that rules out an air gun.

I just read that interview today. It took place some time back, and as I remember, he said two different types of casings found. He also said Kenneth had been shot three times in the head.

And the plot thickens......

JMO

The possibility of LE involvement isn't beyond comprehension. I think the worst thing any law officer can imagine is going to prison. This is a recent for instance... http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/11/politics/fbi-georgia-correctional-drug-trafficking/

Thanks so so much for sharing this. 46 officers! It's getting as bad as Mexico being unable to successfully contain El Chapo. We hear now he's just across the border in a new Juarez prison. We'll see how that goes....

Mexican cartel - I mean really? Unless they had something other than 200 pot plants, I don't think this is plausible.
derby cars- again, really? I don't even need a reason there.
fighting birds - I'm not seeing even a die hard animal rights activists taking out 8 people over some roosters.
Love triangle - nah. I can't see this because if it were just the 5 immediate members, possibly, but you have the other 2. Where would fit into that equation?
I'm not on board with 1 killer, I just see no way 1 person could kill 8 people in 4 locations. 3 of those locations had 2 or more people there.

I forgot about the cartel and the fighting birds. Lol. So much to keep track of in this case. do you think it was related to drugs?

While we can not discuss it directly here, we have touched lightly on the subject of possibly why some were left alive and others weren't....this goes for all 'ages' of the surviving family members....

It's difficult to piece together because of not only the fact of 8 family members murdered, but we don't know was there a main target? Were others killed just so they couldn't talk and point fingers at who may have carried this out? Or were some who lived in close proximity spared because of reasons we don't know about? I don't know...too many questions, not any answers, so all we can do is speculate and keep sharing our thoughts and theories. Nobody says we have to agree but we can surely respect each others opinions and theories, even if they are different than our own. :) That's all folks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay