OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot about the cartel and the fighting birds. Lol. So much to keep track of in this case. do you think it was related to drugs?

I just don't know. I think it was either retaliation or they had something someone wanted. It's just beyond comprehension at this point. I do think that everyone here makes very good points and the only thing consistent is that my mind goes back and forth!

"Sophia and Brentley remain in the care of relatives. Legally, a surviving parent usually takes custody of a minor child, which would likely be the case for Sophia and Brentley McKay said.
Ruger and Kylie remain in the custody of children and protective services, family members have said. Both of Ruger's parents were killed. Leonard Manley, great-grandfather to both children, said he does not believe a father's name is listed on Kylie's birth certificate.Manley said he and his wife, Judy Manley, have hired a lawyer to begin the process to seek custody of the children. He declined to elaborate further.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/05/24/after-8-killings-fate-rhoden-children-property-still-resolved/84844856/

I just don't know. I think it was either retaliation or they had something someone wanted. It's just beyond comprehension at this point. I do think that everyone here makes very good points and the only thing consistent is that my mind goes back and forth!

Agreed! I change my mind daily.

Interesting. From my limited internet research, it looks like oxy, and fentanyl posing as oxy, is coming from Mexico, or possibly China. And for awhile anyway there were pill mills writing scrips and some very targeted pharmavy hold-ups. I think the last two have declined severely in response to governmental efforts.

So, for Newsome--was she in a position to pose some threat to someone? Not so sure. She looks small-time. End distributor. Maybe ripped off her source by being fronted a supply she didn't pay for. Or maybe she was robbed of her stash? Still looks small-time. We haven't gotten any info on the Rhoden's drug business except the grow operation. But--it could have been sizeable. Maybe edging someone else out? Or maybe diversifying into other areas of production? I just don't know.

But, maybe we're a little too quick to link Newsome to the Rhodens. Not sure. But 5hinking maybe so

It could be decent, but I would almost be willing to bet their 200 plants aren't all on the same cycle, otherwise they would go long periods without pot and be betting they would get crop outside in the summer and risk getting none indoors. So in my opinion, they were likely on different grow cycles. If they were every day smokers themselves, they could easily each blow through a good moment. Plus if they were dealing friends and family in the area and a friend of a friends, they wouldn't really have a lot to go big in my opinion. Plus, GR living in KY could have often came up and brought some back for himself (if he is a smoker) and friends and family back home frequently. So I'm not as convinced they were making huge sales for large amounts of cash. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While we can not discuss it directly here, we have touched lightly on the subject of possibly why some were left alive and others weren't....this goes for all 'ages' of the surviving family members....

It's difficult to piece together because of not only the fact of 8 family members murdered, but we don't know was there a main target? Were others killed just so they couldn't talk and point fingers at who may have carried this out? Or were some who lived in close proximity spared because of reasons we don't know about? I don't know...too many questions, not any answers, so all we can do is speculate and keep sharing our thoughts and theories. Nobody says we have to agree but we can surely respect each others opinions and theories, even if they are different than our own. :) That's all folks...

I agree with you completely. While I've asked for clarification a time or two (and never got an answer) the point remains I try to stay respectful. Laughing over other people's theories is getting to be a little much. :( I'm sure glad someone knows for sure what happened. It isn't me!

I have read so many things that I hope I am not confused: was it said that any of the homes were broken into? For some reason I thought that maybe 2 were and 2 weren't? Does anyone else recall reading that? Thank you.

I'm past 50, so that is being said so no one thinks I bashing age, :) you would think some of the younger ones would seek custody instead of LM and his wife.

Though we can not get in the mind of what a person(s) is thinking that could take the lives of 8 people, it seems in reading the news that a lot of the excuses/stories people have of 'why' they did it tend to be trivial at times. For example, in the link below is a person whose father died of natural causes and he lived with his parents and he then murdered his mother because he "was not prepared to be the man of the house...." It's very sad and so difficult to try and figure out the 'who' and 'why' because we don't think that way...

http://www.ktiv.com/story/31341599/...his-mother-is-expected-to-enter-a-plea-monday

It can often be said, there surely are no others that can hate us more deeply than those we may hold most dear.

I'm past 50, so that is being said so no one thinks I bashing age, :) you would think some of the younger ones would seek custody instead of LM and his wife.

That kinda' took me by surprise, too. And I don't know why!

I have read so many things that I hope I am not confused: was it said that any of the homes were broken into? For some reason I thought that maybe 2 were and 2 weren't? Does anyone else recall reading that? Thank you.
Yes I remember that some were broken into and some not.

The fact that RR remains in state custody is mind-boggling to me. I would have thought for sure HHG's family would have him by now.

Yes I remember that some were broken into and some not.

Do you think that CR Sr had keys to housing on all the properties since he owned the properties? I was thinking maybe the killer got his keys and went to the other properties?

Does anyone know if GR was just visiting CRsr or did the two live together? I have read that GR was from Kentucky. Just wondering if he was just visiting Piketon or if living with CRsr was a permanent arrangement? I might have missed this info since I am new to this website and haven't read ALL the threads!

I thought I remembered seeing that too but I can't remember now. I did find this but it just says crime "scene" so possibly only talking about one of the scenes at this time?

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...e-discovery-marijuana-grow-operations-n561621

An incident report regarding one of the killings released by the Pike County Sheriff's Office on Monday said the crime scene showed no signs of forced entry.

The fact that RR remains in state custody is mind-boggling to me. I would have thought for sure HHG's family would have him by now.

I wonder if the fact LM is trying to get custody is what is holding it up? I've really got no clue.

I totally agree.

There are a number of recent comments that almost sound like victim-bashing, seemingly based on not being middle-class. Stuff like "That's a big concern of mine. Bringing children into this kind of lifestyle. Really, really sad."

Eight people are dead. Whether some of them participated in things that lead to the murders isn't mine to decide, just as it wasn't the murder's to decide. I have no room in my head or heart to judge a 20 year-old mother who clearly loved her son for bringing him into the world. I just can't do it.

Who says what environment is best for a child anyway? Kids adapt very well in what ever lifestyle they are born into.

I thought I remembered seeing that too but I can't remember now. I did find this but it just says crime "scene" so possibly only talking about one of the scenes at this time?

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...e-discovery-marijuana-grow-operations-n561621

An incident report regarding one of the killings released by the Pike County Sheriff's Office on Monday said the crime scene showed no signs of forced entry.

Thanks for posting this old article. I'd forgotten some of the comments, especially by law enforcement.

"This was not something that just happened," said Reader. "Most of (the victims) were targeted while they were sleeping."

If the crime does stem from jealousy, money, and greed and there are assets that will go to those children as heirs. I can see how getting custody of the "heirs" would help someone access those assets.

Moderator- I don't normally post so I understand if my mention of "heirs" and following that path is off limits. If so please feel free to remove this post and my last.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...en-children-property-still-resolved/84844856/

Just thinking out loud again. Hannah Gilley, her family is extremely quiet. Understanding them wanting privacy, still their daughter was murdered and nothing said~

They may be absolutely shocked. They could have potentially had no idea any of this was going on.. And this was a family she was about to marry into. They probably don't want to be active in the media when most things being said are about how they had a bunch of pot plants, and were maybe cockfighting, etc. I could see someone not wanting their 20 year old daughter associated with that, especially if they didn't realize the family was partaking in such activities. Or maybe they are concerned for their life with no arrest and have decided to keep to themselves. (Though there was that one interview they aired of the guy that looked like he was "jones'n" basically explaining on national TV how to get to their house). Or maybe they think a member of the Rhoden family did it and are keeping quiet.. Or maybe they are respecting what LE is telling them to stay out of the media. So many possibilities! JMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member