OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always found it interesting that you can organize fights between people and charge admission, but face jail time for doing the same with animals.

It's because adults can consent. Animals can't. Why it's illegal to have sex with (rape) animals, too, and why you can't enter into a contract with them, or charge them taxes.

I think you have to be more aware of these types of areas to understand the lifestyle. This happens everywhere. All through the south, out west, up state NY. As soon as you get an hour or 2 outside of bigger metro areas. This really is a lot of America. They are actually in the middle of nowhere. There are no strip malls, there is not a strip of road with car dealer ships and fast food. There really is nothing but this is home for them and over years and generations they have learned and come up with ways to profit and survive. I have lots of family in the hills of WV about an hour from here. You get up in the hills it's a totally new world. They hustle things all the time cars, cell phones, furniture you name it. Some of them grew opened their own successful business's In that world (auction house, furniture store). It really comes down to doing what you have to because your on your own out there.

Where I live would not be considered remote by most standards but it is still 15 miles to a Walmart and 30 miles to an interstate highway. There are lots of gardens and quite a few have chickens for eggs plus one hog or cow to be butchered for meat. A lot of urban people would think what goes on here is strange. I can imagine what they think of the area around Piketon...

Yea that is harsh, what in the world is wrong with buying & selling junk cars? And the only altercations I have seen where from the boys? I didn't see anything about the parents. Along with the *advertiser censored* fighting that's a young boy thing also.
Yes the dad had grow ops which I would never do myself but I sure don't think it overrides all the hard work he has actually done for years to get his family where they are today. Working on cars is not a easy job! Running heavy equipment work is not easy! And the level of carpentry that Cr1 did sure wasn't easy by all means! So yea grow ops was a bad choice, but I don't see how that makes their lifestyle so horrible!
One more thing, it's actually not true about ppl that sell drugs do drugs.
I don't know these people nor do I sell or grow drugs it's strictly my opinion.

I don't think buying/selling junk cars is wrong if you do it in a legal way. I've read some things about their car business that suggests otherwise.

Yea the altercations have been among the boys but that reflects back on the parents in my opinion. We know of 3 altercations CR Jr was involved in and 2 of them resulted in death threats. What does that say about the way they were being raised? I have boys and it would break my heart if they were in constant conflict, wanting to fight, and all of this other stuff. I would wonder what I did to make them think that's how you handle a problem.

Like I said, from what I know, which is just based on my experiences- sellers are usually users. My opinion only.

I do not think they were horrible people by no means. But I'm not going to praise their lifestyle because they were doing what they had to do. I'm pretty sure it got them killed.

I have never used or sold or grew any kind of drug.i do take blood pressure pills, but I don't think growing pot is that big of deal I see people all day in my line of work I would rather deal with a pot smoker then a pill head any day of the week! But for no reason should anyone be killed for their lifestyle of growing pot or raising roosters.To debate over this while 8 people have died is a waste of time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never used or sold or grew any kind of drug.i do take blood pressure pills, but I don't think growing pot is that big of deal I see people all day in my line of work I would rather deal with a pot smoker then a pill head any day of the week! But for no reason should anyone be killed for their lifestyle of growing pot or raising roosters.To debate over this while 8 people have died is a waste of time!

Discussing one of the only "facts" like a commercial marijuana growing operation that could have netted millions is a waste of time? Hmmmm....

we won't know what is a waste of time until we know what motivated the murder of 8 people.

Until then, nobody knows if their lifestyle choices or business decisions play a role in their deaths or not.

No that didn't come out as I meant it. The fact they was doing it is a given I understand discussing that...I'm saying "is it wrong or right" we know the legalities of growing is illegal. So it's the "wrong or right" of it I was meaning...sorry hard to get my meanings understood

No that didn't come out as I meant it. The fact they was doing it is a given I understand discussing that...I'm saying "is it wrong or right" we know the legalities of growing is illegal. So it's the "wrong or right" of it I was meaning...sorry hard to get my meanings understood

Fairly legalizing and regulating the production, sale and use of marijuana in Ohio is long overdue. It would end so much crime and corruption. Hopefully that will happen soon.

I mean honestly the game *advertiser censored* are hard not to notice anyway. If they were just raising them to sell, or raising them to fight, it was small scale, at least compared to others I've seen around here, but it was there for all the world to see. As for the pot, I mean, it is what it is. It's not like they had an active meth lab. I thought no less of them for pot and game *advertiser censored*, (not that I personally approve of fighting them but it's ingrained in the region) and I'd guess people in the immediate area probably didn't either. Kind of like moonshining and game *advertiser censored* back many years ago was overlooked in the region.

I have a huge problem with animal abuse, and I think if LE had stumbled upon evidence of any other form of abuse - dog fighting, animal hoarding, whatever - they would have mentioned that as well. People want to know whether or not illegal activities were taking place and the location and people involved shouldn't affect what LE shares and doesn't share with the public.

I always found it interesting that you can organize fights between people and charge admission, but face jail time for doing the same with animals.

The difference is when people fight for money they do it by their own choice.

Growing pot isn't a big deal until you get arrested or someone kills nearly your entire family over it. JMO but I hate the idea of it being "just pot." The source of the money doesn't matter to the people who are making it. If you're supplying something illegal the people you're dealing with aren't the nice and understanding types. JMO.

eta: JMO and I'm not saying marijuana was the cause of or motivation for these murders, and certainly not that they deserved it or had it coming. Just that it does happen.

From Dayton Daily News.
This is all there is. Very brief.

Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine told a charter school administrator in Dayton he plans to run for Ohio governor in 2018.
Asked by this news organization to confirm he told Summit Academy Charter Schools CEO Barbara Danforth he was running for governor, DeWine said, “Well, I told her that confidentially. But, I did indeed. Yes, I did.”
More details coming.

From Dayton Daily News.
This is all there is. Very brief.

Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine told a charter school administrator in Dayton he plans to run for Ohio governor in 2018.
Asked by this news organization to confirm he told Summit Academy Charter Schools CEO Barbara Danforth he was running for governor, DeWine said, “Well, I told her that confidentially. But, I did indeed. Yes, I did.”
More details coming.

Now we know why he got involved. When I was AG I solved this big case and that is just a sample of what I'll do as Governor!!!

Well, left to their own devices, most *advertiser censored* won't strap lethal spurs, (basically knives), on their feet, and slash one another to ribbons. They'll fight one another but not to the bloody death. One will normally back down and the fight is over. Same w/most other species of animals, until man intervenes, and decides it would be nice to gamble on who wins. Then comes the all of the other stuff, knives, steroids, training, breeding. The animals don't have a choice. Humans do.

Now we know why he got involved. When I was AG I solved this big case and that is just a sample of what I'll do as Governor!!!

Seriously? Do you not understand the roles an attorney general plays in cases throughout the state?

Personally, I don't think his involvement in this case is political. He's very much about family and children. He's been involved with many cases throughout the state that involved children, it just never made the news because the cases weren't so high profile. Also, being so deeply involved in this case could easily backfire on him politically if it goes unsolved. It's the largest mass murder in recent years in the state of Ohio, he should be very involved. If he wasn't, then people would be criticizing him for not being involved.
JMO

Where I live would not be considered remote by most standards but it is still 15 miles to a Walmart and 30 miles to an interstate highway. There are lots of gardens and quite a few have chickens for eggs plus one hog or cow to be butchered for meat. A lot of urban people would think what goes on here is strange. I can imagine what they think of the area around Piketon...

I'm not meaning to be rude, but when we see the little tents, or barrels, it is usually to house game *advertiser censored*. Not the hens, the *advertiser censored*. Game *advertiser censored* will fight more-so than other breeds of roosters. They have to tether them to the tents/huts or cage them in w/chicken wire. They are the only breed that I am aware of that are used in rooster fighting. It is not illegal to breed them, own them, eat them (they aren't very large), iirc you'd have to have almost three game hen eggs to make one small to regular sized hen egg. Their main purpose for most people around here is to make money from breeding them, gambling on them, and/or fighting them. I'm not accusing the Rhodens of fighting them b/c we have zero proof that they were. The only illegal thing we have proof of was the pot.

Please be nice..I want to jump in this discussion ,yet I have a difficult time explaining my point because of my lack of
writing skills.However, I am going to make an arrempt to identify the killer and you are not going to like my conclusion.
During my years when I was working as a homicide investigator with the Atlanta Police Department,,I had to deal
with twodifferent serial killers.I'll be back.Got company..

Personally, I don't think his involvement in this case is political. He's very much about family and children. He's been involved with many cases throughout the state that involved children, it just never made the news because the cases weren't so high profile. Also, being so deeply involved in this case could easily backfire on him politically if it goes unsolved. It's the largest mass murder in recent years in the state of Ohio, he should be very involved. If he wasn't, then people would be criticizing him for not being involved.
JMO

DeWine is planning to run for governor at the end of Kasich's term. This is how Ohio politics works. Sure he should be involved, but in doing so, he's subjecting himself to criticism of how the investigation is being conducted. It comes with the territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayjay23