OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This case will be solved when the perps get caught committing a different future crime. Maybe assault, illegal firearms, or even murder. And they most certainly will commit future crimes. You don't murder 8 people and then straighten up. Committing murder is easy for them, but if you continuously play with matches then you will eventually get burned. They will leave all of their evidence elsewhere
That could very well be true. Took 8-9 years to solve one around here. Call lines, billboards, reward, etc... There were even witnesses who survived but said they remembered nothing. They were caught after committing another crime and leaving dna behind. They ran it and it matched dna left at the other scene by the shooters. At the time of the murders, victims and shooters were all 20 or younger, iirc.

Forgive me is this has been posted ,has anyone read this ? News article with LE from April 25, "This was a pre-planned execution of eight individuals," DeWine said. "This is not your case where somebody's gotten mad at somebody else and shot them. There's a witness, two witnesses. It's a very, very different type case." Is he saying there are witnesses ???? Did I miss this information ?
http://www.wlwt.com/news/community-...mbers-as-search-for-killer-continues/39189042

Wow! Great find! I've never seen that and it's the first that I've ever heard of any witness(es) at all! Just, wow!

Forgive me is this has been posted ,has anyone read this ? News article with LE from April 25, "This was a pre-planned execution of eight individuals," DeWine said. "This is not your case where somebody's gotten mad at somebody else and shot them. There's a witness, two witnesses. It's a very, very different type case." Is he saying there are witnesses ???? Did I miss this information ?
http://www.wlwt.com/news/community-...mbers-as-search-for-killer-continues/39189042
I think he meant it's not like those cases where someone gets mad and there's a witness or two witnesses. In this case there is nothing.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I hope LE literally took tire track marks of every single track mark on the roads in between the houses. At least they could rule out the cars the victim drove and then have a list of possible tire types to keep as evidence.

There is a lack of evidence. What is convicting evidence in a case like this? Why do we think the killer took care in leaving nothing behind? Maybe the killer left tracks and a few things behind. If a suspect acknowledges he has been there before how would prosecution prove that anything they found on site is convicting evidence? The only useful evidence here are related to physical attack of the victims and the weapon. It is obvious to me the killer knew the victims well. LE has probably interviewed the killer by now. For sure he/she is a good liar.

There is a lack of evidence. What is convicting evidence in a case like this? Why do we think the killer took care in leaving nothing behind? Maybe the killer left tracks and a few things behind. If a suspect acknowledges he has been there before how would prosecution prove that anything they found on site is convicting evidence? The only useful evidence here are related to physical attack of the victims and the weapon. It is obvious to me the killer knew the victims well. LE has probably interviewed the killer by now. For sure he/she is a good liar.

LE probably interviewed a suspect who could have declared: "Yes, I have been there many times before, maybe I left this or that last time I went. Yes, I have a gun like many in Ohio. I was home that night sleeping. Yes, I had a grudge. But I did not do it." Now go and prove it. What evidence do you need? There is no witness.

I think he meant it's not like those cases where someone gets mad and there's a witness or two witnesses. In this case there is nothing.

Oh, I can see it that way now. It does read kinda odd though.

Wow! Great find! I've never seen that and it's the first that I've ever heard of any witness(es) at all! Just, wow!

Is he talking about the children? Or was there 2 shooters? Could be anything but I don't believe it's actually 2 witnesses.

Oh, I can see it that way now. It does read kinda odd though.

The way that it reads is odd, but when I saw the video it was clear to me that he meant that is not like a case where there was one or two witnesses. A lot of times the printed account doesn't provide the same context of what was said.

EDT - link to the presser video that I referenced

http://m.wlwt.com/news/full-press-c...eriff-give-update-on-friday-massacre/39191870
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That could very well be true. Took 8-9 years to solve one around here. Call lines, billboards, reward, etc... There were even witnesses who survived but said they remembered nothing. They were caught after committing another crime and leaving dna behind. They ran it and it matched dna left at the other scene by the shooters. At the time of the murders, victims and shooters were all 20 or younger, iirc.

yes, that is how I took it when that statement was made as well.

I don't believe he meant there were witnesses. I think he was referring to a rage type killing where somebody flies off the handle, grabs a gun and shoots, not caring if somebody is watching.

No, the only potential witness is a 3 year old, and I don't think the perp would have allowed the child to live if he witnessed anything...

No, the only potential witness is a 3 year old, and I don't think the perp would have allowed the child to live if he witnessed anything...

I don't either. If the child saw them, I think he'd have recognized the assailant(s) and they'd have killed him. Horrible thought but they weren't expecting him to be there I'm sure.

Here is an informative article about sociopaths and psychopaths and the differences between the two. I definitely believe that a lone psychopath may be perp. Might have a sidekick but probably not likely IMO.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/wicked-deeds/201401/how-tell-sociopath-psychopath

I have thought this all along. A single man with advanced training, familiarity with the illegal operations, already indicted for murder and raging on steroids... although he may have an unwitting sidekick who inadvertently provided the weapons. Now that would open a can of worms wouldn't it? How would you prove that it was one and not the other? That is somewhat far-fetched, but I think it's in the ballpark of the kind of issues BCI is dealing with.

I have thought this all along. A single man with advanced training, familiarity with the illegal operations, already indicted for murder and raging on steroids...
I would be very surprised if only one person is responsible. I also think that it couldn't be a large group either, as that would be hard to keep secret. 2-4 people is my thought. I'm dying to figure out the killing order though. The order is more puzzling to me than motive.

I would be very surprised if only one person is responsible. I also think that it couldn't be a large group either, as that would be hard to keep secret. 2-4 people is my thought. I'm dying to figure out the killing order though. The order is more puzzling to me than motive.

Assuming that the family members were all involved in the family businesses one way or another, it would seem that Crsr & Gary were at the "office" and Kenneth kept the bankroll. The perp knew that any one of them would point a finger at him, so they all had to go - one after the other, all the way to the bank. What do you think the motive was?

I have thought this all along. A single man with advanced training, familiarity with the illegal operations, already indicted for murder and raging on steroids... although he may have an unwitting sidekick who inadvertently provided the weapons. Now that would open a can of worms wouldn't it? How would you prove that it was one and not the other? That is somewhat far-fetched, but I think it's in the ballpark of the kind of issues BCI is dealing with.

With what you are implying, it would have likely been messier and more like a sociopath's work. This person's other killings are more indicative of a sociopath (still a bad trait for a LE officer to have)

I may be wrong,but this is JMO.

Assuming that the family members were all involved in the family businesses one way or another, it would seem that Crsr & Gary were at the "office" and Kenneth kept the bankroll. The perp knew that any one of them would point a finger at him, so they all had to go - one after the other, all the way to the bank. What do you think the motive was?
I'm still stuck on this being a love triangle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3