OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why were these guys allowed to walk the streets between January and June? They already had plenty of evidence with what they found in the 35 pounds of pot. Now I'm starting to wonder about the LE/Informant relationships in that county too.

"Results came in recently, giving us probable cause to make arrests," said Reader."

Uh uh, something is up here...

Did I understand correctly that local LE had just recently received information back from BCI? Maybe holdup was there?

They didn't have to wait for analysis, they could have held them on pot charges but they didn't charge them with anything till now. These guys were just... what? Hanging around waiting to get busted? I'm starting to think there's more to this than meets the eye...

As usual my dear, Me thinks you are on to something. Let's hope nothing related to The Rhoden murders is not sitting around on someone's desk.

Did I understand correctly that local LE had just recently received information back from BCI? Maybe holdup was there?

Probably, but the reality is that the BCI labs are very busy in this state. I moved here from El Paso several years back and it's like the crime situation here is like night and day compared to the way El Paso was when I lived there. The BCI has to process evidence from the cities also in a lot of cases. Especially heinous crimes that might happen once in a blue moon in El Paso seem to be a regular occurrence in Columbus and other parts of the state. Murders, rape and other violent crime are at a much higher rate in Columbus than EP. And that's just CBus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So here's a theory, just a thought based on the shatter lab, the package from CA, and the rhoden grow operation (which may have been larger than 200 plants because I think it said 200 at one of the locations and there were 3 locations).
Maybe, just maybe, the shatter lab and others were getting their marijuana from growers in California related to a larger cartel. The rhodens started growing and selling, taking the business of the people in charge of running the marijuana from CA to OH. The package may have been a random rush order. The murders could have been an annihilation as revenge for taking business from a bigger, more sophisticated organization.
Total random theory I know. Just to add to the zillion other theories. I still think it was a professional hit and not done by anyone who lives in the area. I think it's drug related, and cartel (use the word gang if you think cartels are only in movies) related. Who knows though. Maybe they were snitches on the shatter operation and the guys they just arrested know something? Hopefully because that would be easier to solve. Let's hope these 2 arrests are going to lead to something bigger.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

So here's a theory, just a thought based on the shatter lab, the package from CA, and the rhoden grow operation (which may have been larger than 200 plants because I think it said 200 at one of the locations and there were 3 locations).
Maybe, just maybe, the shatter lab and others were getting their marijuana from growers in California related to a larger cartel. The rhodens started growing and selling, taking the business of the people in charge of running the marijuana from CA to OH. The package may have been a random rush order. The murders could have been an annihilation as revenge for taking business from a bigger, more sophisticated organization.
Total random theory I know. Just to add to the zillion other theories. I still think it was a professional hit and not done by anyone who lives in the area. I think it's drug related, and cartel (use the word gang if you think cartels are only in movies) related. Who knows though. Maybe they were snitches on the shatter operation and the guys they just arrested know something? Hopefully because that would be easier to solve. Let's hope these 2 arrests are going to lead to something bigger.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reading about the shatter bust 6 mos later definitely makes me think that someone(s) were involved in playing both sides against the middle. I can't get my head around LE being as "backwards" as they are appearing to be. If Pike County didn't have the internet or didn't receive DEA reports, maybe, but we know that's not the case. IMHO they are rounding the wagons to protect something/someone(s) and the trailers they hauled are part of that wagon train. Others have also suggested there was an undercover/informant relationship with the Rodens or about the Rhodens.I just can't help but wonder if these guys are gonna get a plea bargain out of this and why...

The address, 1633 Beaver Creek Road is real close to the grow operation that was found 2012, and another mentioned, Zion Ridge Road, is close as well.

In August 2012 another aerial operation found a similar, but much smaller, operation, this time on Hickson Run Road, 15 miles northeast of Piketon. Agents hiked hundreds of yards into the woods south of the road and found two campsites and multiple plots of marijuana totaling 1,200 plants.

http://m.newswatchman.com/news/article_057af5f5-e7c6-57e1-a1f1-699a260f0d12.html?mode=jqm

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news...ok-at-pike-county-marijuana-camps-link/nrJCF/

Arron Higgin's CA case is shown as "pending". He's arrested 8/25/15, the package arrives 2/16, the Rodens are murdered 4/16 and now AH is arrested in Pike County 2 months later. Sure sounds like a "cooperating defendant" and a plea deal in the works... I wonder if he'll be extradited? If not, then something's definitely up because the CA charges would take precedence... I wonder what will happen next?

I was referring to the article sheriff is pictured with the 38lbs of pot.

Arron Higgin's CA case is shown as "pending". He's arrested 8/25/15, the package arrives 2/16, the Rodens are murdered 4/16 and now AH is arrested in Pike County 2 months later. Sure sounds like a "cooperating defendant" and a plea deal in the works... I wonder if he'll be extradited? If not, then something's definitely up because the CA charges would take precedence... I wonder what will happen next?

can you pls give me a link to where you see his CA case as pending. I may be dense, but don't find it.
So he left CA, came back to OH?
we still don't really know , who & from what CA location, the 2/16 package was sent to Ohio. Right?
i also wonder what could possibly happen next.

I think there is something, or multiple things going on here that are all very complicated.

I think there is something, or multiple things going on here that are all very complicated.

Could be. From what I've been reading about in Ohio generally, these type of charges might get 3 years tops and possibly probation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Higgins' California arrest was made by the Mendocino Major Crime Taskforce. Indicates that the op where he was working was on the radar -- an accomplishment of dubious distinction in the Emerald Triangle.

There was a similar arrest the day after Higgins was arrested. Possibility Higgins was working for/apprenticeship with that individual.

http://www.willitsnews.com/general-...n-mendocino-county-arrest-reports-for-sept-30

The second individual was popped with another guy from Willits in Tualatin, Oregon in 2009 for selling weed from a car at a Shell station. Had six pounds in his possession. Not a huge amount, but clearly a commercial venture. 18 month sentence for that offense.

Interstate movement of weed is something the feds will sometimes get involved with. Hard to know what their level of interest might be with the Pike County guys.

Strong likelihood that the weed shipped to Ohio either came out of Mendocino County or through contacts Higgins had there.

Still no indication any of this might be related somehow to the Rhoden murders, but nonetheless still interesting.

Higgins' California arrest was made by the Mendocino Major Crime Taskforce. Indicates that the op where he was working was on the radar -- an accomplishment of dubious distinction in the Emerald Triangle.

There was a similar arrest the day after Higgins was arrested. Possibility Higgins was working for/apprenticeship with that individual.

http://www.willitsnews.com/general-...n-mendocino-county-arrest-reports-for-sept-30

The second individual was popped with another guy from Willits in Tualatin, Oregon in 2009 for selling weed from a car at a Shell station. Had six pounds in his possession. Not a huge amount, but clearly a commercial venture. 18 month sentence for that offense.

Interstate movement of weed is something the feds will sometimes get involved with. Hard to know what their level of interest might be with the Pike County guys.

Strong likelihood that the weed shipped to Ohio either came out of Mendocino County or through contacts Higgins had there.

Still no indication any of this might be related somehow to the Rhoden murders, but nonetheless still interesting.

Thank you for this. Any idea why or how Higgins was free to travel back to Ohio to continue his 'business'?
Why was he not held in CA?
Agree this may not be related to R.
But it is very close in a few ways, geographically for one.

The address, 1633 Beaver Creek Road is real close to the grow operation that was found 2012, and another mentioned, Zion Ridge Road, is close as well.

In August 2012 another aerial operation found a similar, but much smaller, operation, this time on Hickson Run Road, 15 miles northeast of Piketon. Agents hiked hundreds of yards into the woods south of the road and found two campsites and multiple plots of marijuana totaling 1,200 plants.

http://m.newswatchman.com/news/article_057af5f5-e7c6-57e1-a1f1-699a260f0d12.html?mode=jqm

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news...ok-at-pike-county-marijuana-camps-link/nrJCF/

And I live on Beaver creek road, Pike County Kentucky. :scared:

I recall it being discussed and pictures of the properties were looked at, but I don't THINK anything of that nature was there, at the Rhodens...
That's just my memory so not sure...

Interesting! Does anyone recall a type of "tubing system" at the Rhoden's residents?

The reason I ask is because IIRC there was postings about this as a possibility of producing and pictures were illustrated and that's how I became familiar with shatter. Never heard of it before.

My thoughts are exactly the families were targeted and I can't get the cartel business out of my mind.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member