OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why were these guys allowed to walk the streets between January and June? They already had plenty of evidence with what they found in the 35 pounds of pot. Now I'm starting to wonder about the LE/Informant relationships in that county too.

"Results came in recently, giving us probable cause to make arrests," said Reader."

Uh uh, something is up here...

I'd like to see how this case plays out. May be interesting.

Why were these guys allowed to walk the streets between January and June? They already had plenty of evidence with what they found in the 35 pounds of pot. Now I'm starting to wonder about the LE/Informant relationships in that county too.

"Results came in recently, giving us probable cause to make arrests," said Reader."

Uh uh, something is up here...

I'm not sure something is up. If something was, Sheriff Reader could have told clever lies to cover his tracks instead of what he said... recent lab results allowed an arrest. It may have taken that long due to back logs in testing... or, maybe they were wanting to see if the shatter collected there in Piketon matched some shatter than was confiscated during a bust. Maybe these 2 guys were "cooperating" with LE to bring about a huge possible drug bust but it turned out that lab results showed they were NOT really cooperating at all so all bets off for a good deal ie; "You give us this and we'll lower charges." Or many other reasons we can't know because we know so little. I don't know but I'm going to keep on trusting this sheriff until something makes me change my mind. Nothing he's done or said has put me into doubt about him at all. I think this case may very well relate to the Rhoden killings. Beaver Creek Road is in a significant area and now that I know that shatter house was unoccupied... well, for reasons of TOS, I can't say specifics... but I can say that would be a very convenient "work location" for certain people.

One thing that I have learned is that the main thing going out of highway 23 out of Ky. through Oh and up to Detroit is cash and firearms. Not really drugs. Ohio and Kentucky have weed. Not that big of a deal to get anywhere so probably not transported out to Detroit, just sold throughout the region. What is coming back down from Detroit is hard drugs. The Rhodens were going to Detroit to buy cars. GR had a needle problem at one point. Most likely still did (jmo). He had sketchy friends and could have helped hook up w/a new line of business in Detroit. Meth is bigger than Heroin down in Eastern Kentucky but around up in Covington and Greenup, Ky and that part of Ohio, it seems Heroin is gaining popularity. Heroin is most likely coming down from Detroit. Just some thoughts this morning.

One thing that I have learned is that the main thing going out of highway 23 out of Ky. through Oh and up to Detroit is cash and firearms. Not really drugs. Ohio and Kentucky have weed. Not that big of a deal to get anywhere so probably not transported out to Detroit, just sold throughout the region. What is coming back down from Detroit is hard drugs. The Rhodens were going to Detroit to buy cars. GR had a needle problem at one point. Most likely still did (jmo). He had sketchy friends and could have helped hook up w/a new line of business in Detroit. Meth is bigger than Heroin down in Eastern Kentucky but around up in Covington and Greenup, Ky and that part of Ohio, it seems Heroin is gaining popularity. Heroin is most likely coming down from Detroit. Just some thoughts this morning.

Heroin mixed with fentenyal (sp)

I agree that Higgins probably traveled to Ohio W/O bondsman's knowledge. I know a young guy who was out on a 5000.00 bond, and was given the O.K. to go to Tex. for granddad's funeral, IF he put up an extra 25000.00 bond! And he was travelling with his parents. Needless to say, he stayed home. The reason behind that would definitely be to discourage someone from leaving the state the bond was written in. The noise about an arrest 6 months later really bugs me. In Kan, they would be locked up so fast their heads would have been spinning. There was plenty of probable cause, and surely the guy knew LE would be watching him.

Interesting, Aaron Higgins posted bail the same day. Who are these guys working for? Who were the Rhodens growing for?
That's the question. Wondering who they are working for. The other guy might be in custody and I couldn't find any connections to Ohio. However I'm not sure if he's in custody or not. He has court this week I think.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

That's the question. Wondering who they are working for. The other guy might be in custody and I couldn't find any connections to Ohio. However I'm not sure if he's in custody or not. He has court this week I think.

Yes, I saw that. With all of his priors, he must have been playing informant. He could of even set Higgins up... who knows. I'm not insinuating that Reader had anything to do with it. As far as I'm concerned, my JJ theory still stands. It's just that know I'm also wondering if the Rhodens were expanding operations and if there is a connection.

A friend knew a woman on hospice. She had tablet form pain med, but also had fentanyl patches. She complained about pain constantly to the hospice nurse. I don't know what cracker jack box that nurse got her license out of, because she told the lady she could draw out the medication from the patches and inject it the same as getting a penicillin shot. She died. I've been an LPN since 1998, and I have never had a patient prescribed fentanyl other than in patch form. It is usually used in an epidural or in surgery or post op. Makes demerol and morphine look like Tyl #3. I personally hope I never need something that strong. And I would be scared to death to know of somebody mixing it with heroin. I also was surprised to hear several threads back that heroin is about the same cost as a 6pk of beer. That makes it all the more assessable…

A friend knew a woman on hospice. She had tablet form pain med, but also had fentanyl patches. She complained about pain constantly to the hospice nurse. I don't know what cracker jack box that nurse got her license out of, because she told the lady she could draw out the medication from the patches and inject it the same as getting a penicillin shot. She died. I've been an LPN since 1998, and I have never had a patient prescribed fentanyl other than in patch form. It is usually used in an epidural or in surgery or post op. Makes demerol and morphine look like Tyl #3. I personally hope I never need something that strong. And I would be scared to death to know of somebody mixing it with heroin. I also was surprised to hear several threads back that heroin is about the same cost as a 6pk of beer. That makes it all the more assessable…

The fentanyl problem is exploding in Ohio.
It's getting mixed with heroin and is being used for fake Oxy pills. It's a fairly recent development here afaik. Scary stuff.

http://fox8.com/2016/02/12/officials-to-release-heroin-fentanyl-statistics-from-2015/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So here's a theory, just a thought based on the shatter lab, the package from CA, and the rhoden grow operation (which may have been larger than 200 plants because I think it said 200 at one of the locations and there were 3 locations).
Maybe, just maybe, the shatter lab and others were getting their marijuana from growers in California related to a larger cartel. The rhodens started growing and selling, taking the business of the people in charge of running the marijuana from CA to OH. The package may have been a random rush order. The murders could have been an annihilation as revenge for taking business from a bigger, more sophisticated organization.
Total random theory I know. Just to add to the zillion other theories. I still think it was a professional hit and not done by anyone who lives in the area. I think it's drug related, and cartel (use the word gang if you think cartels are only in movies) related. Who knows though. Maybe they were snitches on the shatter operation and the guys they just arrested know something? Hopefully because that would be easier to solve. Let's hope these 2 arrests are going to lead to something bigger.

This is what I think of when I think of cartel dealings. If a LE had gotten mixed up in it possibly with the Rhodens (somehow, b/c you have to get connections). I keep going back to this. It could happen. But I don't see them sending a cartel man out to murder eight people in Ohio. Whoever killed the Rhodens knew that area and those homes very well. I feel they'd been in them all before. Now, they may not have known about BJM, b/c if they had, she'd likely be dead too. I can't understand her being alive w/as much as she was there. Sorry to post this again if everyone's read it, but it is the only thing that makes sense to me.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/31266188/...puty-others-indicted-on-federal-drug-charges2

The fentanyl problem is exploding in Ohio.
It's getting mixed with heroin and is being used for fake Oxy pills. It's a fairly recent development here afaik. Scary stuff.

http://fox8.com/2016/02/12/officials-to-release-heroin-fentanyl-statistics-from-2015/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a problem everywhere. Just now I pulled up fentanyl news stories from NY, UT, OH, MN, NJ and so on.

I know of two women who were fatal fentanyl overdoses in a small town. It was a Pharma product. One guy in that town had a prescription and he sold/traded his patches.

Much (if not most) of the fentanyl hitting the streets these days isn't Pharma and it can be procured as a powder.

Bad stuff, for sure.

“Fentanyl can kill you,” Acting DEA Deputy Administrator Jack Riley said in a video made available by DEA. “Fentanyl is being sold as heroin in virtually every corner of our country. It’s produced clandestinely in Mexico, and (also) comes directly from China.”

http://www.forbes.com/sites/doliaes...uce-the-drug-that-killed-prince/#f4bb47d65178

It's a problem everywhere. Just now I pulled up fentanyl news stories from NY, UT, OH, MN, NJ and so on.

I know of two women who were fatal fentanyl overdoses in a small town. It was a Pharma product. One guy in that town had a prescription and he sold/traded his patches.

Much (if not most) of the fentanyl hitting the streets these days isn't Pharma and it can be procured as a powder.

Bad stuff, for sure.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/doliaes...uce-the-drug-that-killed-prince/#f4bb47d65178
Same here. It's getting bad. Part of the area is into stuff like that and then there's a part that wants to stay up for three days in a row (meth).

This is what I think of when I think of cartel dealings. If a LE had gotten mixed up in it possibly with the Rhodens (somehow, b/c you have to get connections). I keep going back to this. It could happen. But I don't see them sending a cartel man out to murder eight people in Ohio. Whoever killed the Rhodens knew that area and those homes very well. I feel they'd been in them all before. Now, they may not have known about BJM, b/c if they had, she'd likely be dead too. I can't understand her being alive w/as much as she was there. Sorry to post this again if everyone's read it, but it is the only thing that makes sense to me.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/31266188/...puty-others-indicted-on-federal-drug-charges2

There is another possibility for cartel connections to locals. Outlaw motorcycle clubs (gangs). The link below is an FBI report that has information about these connections you can jump to page 18 for some of the good stuff on OMGs.

https://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/national-gang-report-2013

Seeing the picture of KR on his Harley made me think back to my younger days when I would sometimes ride with a couple of Bandidos that were associates of some of the people that I used to ride with.

From what I can tell, it looks like KR probably rode with more respectable bikers, but there would be definitely an opportunity to mix with any local OMG people.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think that the Rhoden's maybe heard " things". Maybe they needed to get out of some trouble. Maybe they informed someone of things and it got back through the pipeline, that they had. Narcing (sp) is a very bad, bad thing in the drug world. And retaliating in a big way is to warn others to keep their mouths shut! (8 murders). If the "officials" knew this person or person's were so dangerous and didn't protect the family in some way, it would explain all the "lockdown" on information about these murders. JMO.

I think that the Rhoden's maybe heard " things". Maybe they needed to get out of some trouble. Maybe they informed someone of things and it got back through the pipeline, that they had. Narcing (sp) is a very bad, bad thing in the drug world. And retaliating in a big way is to warn others to keep their mouths shut! (8 murders). If the "officials" knew this person or person's were so dangerous and didn't protect the family in some way, it would explain all the "lockdown" on information about these murders. JMO.

Agreed that informing on the wrong people could get you killed. So can ripping off the wrong people or not keeping up your end of the bargain in a deal. Most of the time though it would just be the parties that done them wrong. To take out all of the family, that rises to a level meant to terrorize anyone that may be thinking of crossing these animals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello everyone! I've just registered. I've been following along with this case since a day or two after the murders. Like many others, something about this case has drawn me in and consumed me. I guess because it's the stuff of nightmares-they had security cameras, lots of dogs, guns and none of it mattered, 8 people in four different houses shot in such horrible fashion late in the night or early in the morning. Then when I started checking into if anyone had been arrested, I find all these interesting stories and avenues to explore. I have family and friends that remind me a lot of this family, so I'm sure that has something to do with my interest.

I know and understand that LE have to keep a tight lid on this all for the obvious reasons, but still think more could be released, just to reassure the public. That leads me to believe they know the perp or perps or maybe not the exact shooters but at least the main operator and are putting together a case. I know if I lived in that area, I would be terrified and really angry that not much is being said about how this is going, but I would be terrified to say anything about it at all. To anyone that lives in the area, is there a larger LE precise around or is it all back to normal? How are residents coping?

The media must have been told to keep pretty quiet with this, there really hasn't been much follow up. Most of the test results should be back by now or close to it, especially if priority was given to this case, hopefully it was. The media doesn't seem to be doing anything with any FOIA requests unless I've missed them. I know there was one right away for the incident report, but haven't seen any thing about any others.

One thought I have that has never been mentioned, if so, I don't recall, is perhaps a drone with a camera could have been used for surveillance of the family by the perps. If so, they might not have needed much info from anyone else about the habits of the family and the perps may not be as close to the family as some people think.

I know there is no way of knowing if the murders in early Jan. of the lady and her daughter in their trailer or earlier in April of the man and his girlfriend in their home in Elsmere KY are related, but they are certainly similar and if not the exact same murderers, the same type. LE is very quiet about that one too. Not sure if they've even said how they died. That murder and the Rhodens' seem very similar to me. Four children were left unharmed. A neighbor across the street stated in an interview that his security cameras didn't show anything. Which tells me the killer/killers came in the back some way. I know people are concerned about Frankie's child. My thought was if the killer/killers came in the back, they might not have even known the child was there, if on the couch, I assume they meant the couch in the living room. I grieve for all those children and hope they will have the mental health care they will require the rest of their lives. The older children left behind in both murders could suffer with memory relapses or ptsd later in life.

Seems LE has really been cracking down on a big dealer or dealers. There was the big bust or indictments. Perhaps the big boys reasoned by deduction of those that didn't get busted of who the snitches were or who they thought they were. While the Rhodens did seem to be keeping watch of their properties, which would be normal with all they had going on, they didn't seem overly worried or concerned to me. Seems that CRSR severally underestimated these killers. Or the men's egos got in the way. They didn't seem to shy to fight. I wouldn't be surprised if drugs other than weed were involved. Seems pretty horrific over just weed, but maybe not, if someone was owed money or thought they were going to be snitched on. Perhaps that is why LE released the info on the grow ops to deflect the killer from what they actually know it's about.

Something that seems strange to me is Kenneth taking the day off his regular job to work on cars. This was a Friday, I would think working on cars could wait until Sat. or Sunday. Why was it so important to not wait another day until the weekend if you have to take off work to do it, seems like that would be a pretty important reason. Perhaps "working on cars" meant something else.

One other thing that has been on my mind since I heard it was from an interview with LM, I thought was in the interview about about his son's truck where he quietly mentions it had fictitious tags and it looked like he was in a more wooded area on a small road or driveway, could have been his own driveway. I can't find that now from any of the interview links I've looked at. I've went back thru and watched interview links and it seems a lot of them have been cropped down from how they aired in the beginning. I could swear LM mentioned something about the family being under some sort of pressure since the beginning of the year after being asked by the interviewer. Does any else recall this or able to provide a link to the interview that isn't cropped down where that part is left out? Or at least from which media outlet this interview was from so I can research it further? I did see it, and thought I had saved it, but can't find it now.

I didn't intend for this post to be so long, just some thoughts I've had that I've tried to articulate here that haven't been brought up yet that I've seen. Like I said I have family and friends that remind me so much of the Rhodens. I thought I could add some perspective. I've enjoyed reading everyone's insight into this and it seems to have helped me in some odd way with dealing with my own grief and terror of a family I never knew. Somehow I just have to believe LE knows who has done this and are just putting the pieces all together. It's a very large puzzle with lots of avenues, I'm sure this has opened a big can of worms. I expect arrests of people of things not related to the murders. Probably a lot of nervous people waiting on the shoe to drop. So I can see and understand why an arrest or arrests are taking so long, it's just frustrating. So hoping for justice and peace for the Rhodens, Manleys, Gilleys and the community.

Becky Starkey - it's difficult to read your post when it's a single paragraph like that. Could you edit it and hit return a few times? I get about four sentences in and then lose my place.

And...

:welcome:

Retired teacher here. One of my former students died when he somehow managed to scrape the drug off of a couple of fentanyl patches and ate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member