OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they have noticed the Beach connection with the Rhodens and are looking into his crew.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

For the first time, a close family member of the Rhodens, who asked not to be identified, is talking about the murders she said has filled her heart with hate.

"I'm so angry at them because they took our loved ones away,” the family member said.

"I will say absolutely without a doubt in my mind there's people who know, or who have valuable information, that they have not yet shared,” Sheriff Reader said.

"I pray for someone to come forward. Just that one tip so someone can pay for what they've done,” the Rhoden family member said.

"When it's solved and we can speak to what these investigators and agents have done, it's unimaginable. It's a massive amount. No one will ever believe us,” Sheriff Reader said.

More:
http://www.10tv.com/article/rhoden-...re-filled-hate-murder-investigation-continues

My thoughts exactly, carbuff! They would definitely be reading "How to Commit the Perfect Murder". I was thinking that IF LE had been lucky enough to find something like that, the person would be questioned, and they might say something that they thought was stupid to bother LE with that might be a great lead. But that's just wishful thinking.

They know almost nothing. They have a list of possible motives, all with evidence to support it, but no suspect. Hell, even the clowns on the T site have that much.

I don't believe in it for the following reasons:

1) Rhoden were not big shots
2) Caliber seems, imo, small for a hit job
3) why kill 8, and not a 9th who would know just as much
4) The choice of location to hit is not ideal: At night, pitbulls, armed victims, neighboring families, isolated route with little escape path.

Most important, the attitude of LE is not consistent with a hit job. They would be looking for associates. The neighbours and acquaintance of Rhoden's would have described visitors and so on. There would be calls to search individuals or vehicles, witnesses.

Not being snarky at all, you don't have to be a big shot for a cartel to come into a home and wipe out a family. I've seen it on ID channel and I know of a case from years back(never solved)that involved the horrific cartel right underneath the neighbors. No dogs barked, nothing to alarm anyone.

I personally believe the cartel was involved. JMO

Thanks

I think if somebody who had been friends with the family and everyone local knew, and they were questioned about their library card, they would openly admit they had been in the house on many occasions. But if one of the killers library card was found, and they tried to say they were friends of the family, as small a town they live in, it wouldn't take LE long to find out the truth. I think either way, that would be a huge find.

Let's go further with this. Imagine a frequent scenario in mass murders: a family member / extended family member snaps and killed everyone. He / she has been in these homes dozens of time.
In this scenario, LE would discard many pieces of evidence such as fingerprints, tracks, hair and anything circumstancial related to the presence of the suspect on site.

What does it leave the investigation with? DNA of killer on the victims in relation to the crime (eg under the nails ), weapon, confession.

Why do the LE always say, "We just need that ONE piece of information, just that one person to come forward."? REALLY??? Either they are trying to entice someone to be a hero (that's okay), or they think everyone watching is stupid. Of course they only need that ONE piece of information. Please don't anyone misunderstand me--I generally support all the efforts of LE-they are doing the best they can. I do have a tiny wondering feeling if one of them could be involved, but I doubt it.

Why do the LE always say, "We just need that ONE piece of information, just that one person to come forward."? REALLY??? Either they are trying to entice someone to be a hero (that's okay), or they think everyone watching is stupid. Of course they only need that ONE piece of information. Please don't anyone misunderstand me--I generally support all the efforts of LE-they are doing the best they can. I do have a tiny wondering feeling if one of them could be involved, but I doubt it.
They need someone to come forward and say: "I sold a weapon to Mr/Mrs X"

What is the weapon, where is it? Why LE is not disclosing anything about it? Is it usual for LE to keep it secret?

Where I am located,.people who are suspects in a crime are first questioned about their, 1. Means to commit,
2.. Motive to commit, 3.. Opportunity to commit:All three components are necessary to prove to get an indicement..
Sometimes that is a large pill to swallow for an A.G..J.M.O.

So, I read the article above, has this guy been arrested again lately? If so, any links to an updated article? Does anyone think he might have ties to the Rhoden's?

So, I read the article above, has this guy been arrested again lately? If so, any links to an updated article? Does anyone think he might have ties to the Rhoden's?

This is a link from about 4 pages back. I saved it to research more.

http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/DE...tion-arrested-in-Gallia-County-383783731.html

Is it a link to Rhoden? AT first glance, there seems to be none.
Read the article and think about it for a while.
A Mexican C owned the Route 32 Drug corridor. Makes me think of a turf war.
No proof.

just a reminder - Keep speculation broad. We cannot sleuth those not named POI or suspect by LE. Some interesting speculations regarding the drug angle. Just remember to keep it broad ;)

I read the earlier link but didn't remember the guy's name. So glad he's become a model citizen and is setting a good example for his kids!

I have a question, does a .38 revolver expend cartriages ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member