OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe KR was one of the killers, and they never released that information because they are trying to find who else was with him. It is possible. It would make sense. However the kids custodial issues are very odd to me.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I've always wondered about the custody issues????? Who else would stand to get the kids?? Why haven't they been returned to family? Is it because family is suspect?

never thought this would be this long unsolved

Not being rude at all, please forgive me but I don't talk about the kids.
As far as autopsies go, each state has their own individual laws concerning the release of full autopsies to the public. I posted a page a few pages back, a government website, that listed each states laws individually. Ohio does not allow pictures, but the written report is supposed to be public record.
Not a lawyer by any stretch (wish there was one here) but : if you read that page and read the last Dispatch article it appears to me that someone, BCI, AG, LE did NOT handle things properly to keep them sealed. (Not sure they legally could). The Dispatch seems to be standing their ground on what is the law. In fact, another coroner was on the stand and admitted when questioned they had not seen an AR withheld since they started working as coroner I believe in 2005, might be a year off there because they are PUBLIC RECORD.

LE cannot change the law to suit their needs at a given time. In fact LE does not make laws, they are to enforce laws in place. This really needs resolved for future cases as well as this one.

I don't want the defendants in any trial getting cases dismissed because LE failed to follow the law.

I can't remember.
Every once in a while, my thoughts will go to murder/suicide.
IMO, KR may be the killer. He was killed last, right? Would make sense in a murder/suicide.

JMO

Or, there were two who did this. One of the assailants, who helped commit seven murders, may have decided to make their co-assailant the eighth victim, so as to ensure no one ever talked.

This would answer how the killers got into the houses. The victims knew one of the killers.

Or, there were two who did this. One of the assailants, who helped commit seven murders, may have decided to make their co-assailant the eighth victim, so as to ensure no one ever talked.

Maybe. But most were found in bed. I hardly imagine going back in bed after it. Weird

Maybe. But most were found in bed. I hardly imagine going back in bed after it. Weird

The particular one that I'm thinking of, would not be out of the realm of possibility, in my theory.

This is a possibility I suppose. Never really entertained the thought. So many unknowns. I am convinced at least one knew the way around and knew the dogs quite well.
I do wonder if it is common practice to check victims hands for gunshot residue before bodies are removed from homes....

I can't remember.
Every once in a while, my thoughts will go to murder/suicide.
IMO, KR may be the killer. He was killed last, right? Would make sense in a murder/suicide.

JMO

We do not know what order they were killed. KR was found last, not necessarily killed last.

That's a possibility as well.

Right!
I knew that.
He still could have been killed last, though.
If only we knew TOD's.
TOD's would help us some . This is a tough one. I don't know how well they would literally be able to say who was first or last to pass away. 4 different homes, different temps in each, the clothing worn at the time may hold some heat in. Not sure of other conditions but when my thyroid ran low my normal temp was a degree sometimes more lower than normal. No clue if anyone had a condition in the family that might alter their body temp.
We talked before that we felt this was planned so they probably didn't stay long at each place.
BUT we know CRSr's home appears to have been stayed at longer, now rethinking how KR may have fit we don't know how long they were at his place.
Speaking of KR I do so hope they checked tire tracks there. It was farther away and didn't seem to have a paved or well packed driveway. Tire tracks may help some.

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk

This case does have the appearance of murder-suicide. It makes me wonder if the killer(s) planned for it to appear that way. But, I have a hard time believing that they would have screwed up and not left a gun with KR to make it look like he murdered his kin and then took his life. Although, maybe they did leave a gun and LE hasn't released that info. The big telltale sign would be a gun next to the body but no residue on his hand.

Drug problem is way out of hand. I don't know if there is a way to get it at least under control.
My instinct, FWIW, I don't believe that had anything to do with this case. However I could be wrong.

Yeah, it seems unrealistic to claim there was no international / drug ring connection to Rhoden family killings, especially when rumors in the news media hint that federal agents have not been used in this investigation.

It doesn't necessarily mean the killers were from Mexico, though IMO that's still a possibility. The Rhoden killings and others in the region could be directed or ordered from foreign cartel bosses. The fact that infants and toddlers were spared isn't really an indicator one way or another.

Considering all the drug activity from Mexican cartels in this region during the last several years, it seems ludicrous to attempt to place the blame on family members or "hillbilly justice".

If it walks like a duck....

Just as astonishing is the fact that so much of this major drug activity has been going on in the region for a decade with relatively few busts. Considering the amount of tax dollars spent on drug interdiction, something seems amiss in the law enforcement, political and/or criminal justice systems. Metaphorically speaking, there's been a dripping ceiling for years, but no one's been able to find the overflowing bathtub upstairs.

MOO :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member