OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were photos of their huge grow ops. They were growing pot.

The only reason most people care about this is because of the potential for danger that comes with it. No one is implying the Rhodens don't deserve justice. When asked why the Ws may have wanted HR to give up custody, I explained the Ws knew of the potential for danger from the pot farm and from HR's boyfriends.

Where did you see pictures of the huge grow operations? I do not recall any being released. Nothing has been released...

And if she had wanted to give up custody that would've worked. Apparently she didn't or hadn't yet decided. We don't know and we can't determine which situation would be the best for HR's child.

I understand what you're saying about the conditions around them but everyone is entitled to have children. Perhaps her behavior would have changed after the birth of the new baby. We can only hope and speculate; she wasn't given that chance to change.

Where did I say she wasn't entitled to have children? I never implied that. I only truthfully answered the question of "what incident could have happened that made the Ws want her to sign over custody".

There were photos of their huge grow ops. They were growing pot.

The only reason most people care about this is because of the potential for danger that comes with it. No one is implying the Rhodens don't deserve justice. When asked why the Ws may have wanted HR to give up custody, I explained the Ws knew of the potential for danger from the pot farm and from HR's boyfriends.

Can you link to the photos please because I never saw any photos of the grow ops that LE said was there. I must have missed them.

And yet we regularly question the veracity of LE statements. But here we will condemn the Rhodens without a trial? The Rhoden family, including HR are the victims, without a doubt. They deserve justice more than anyone.

THANK YOU. This victim bashing is getting out of control. People need to keep their victim blaming and judgmental assumptions to themselves here.

Where did I say she wasn't entitled to have children? I never implied that. I only truthfully answered the question of "what incident could have happened that made the Ws want her to sign over custody".

Well, they did it to their other son's child's mother, too.

You can't help thinking if some incident has occurred that JW wanted HR to sign over parental rights. That is very drastic.

HR lived on the site of an illegal, large, marijuana farm (criminals and danger). She also couldn't pinpoint the identify of her new baby's father (eww and potential for danger).

HR had moved down the road with her mother and brother. And we don't know what she knew about the paternity of her baby (we can't read minds.)
You're right. Moving down the road did little to improve their situation.

It may not have anything to do with his truck. They may have seized and searched his truck that day out of suspicion early on but put the tracker on there so they didn't have to put a live person tracking him. That would be very noticeable in a region like Pike County. It requires a warrant to put one on there so they must have had some sort of compelling info to put before the judge.
g
I can't really see what a tracker on his truck would do, in regard to the shootings. They are not looking for a crime scene or where the bodies are. I think it must have something to do with some other, crime, which may have something to do with the murders. Or even maybe not, but nevertheless, criminal activity, that has come to light during the investigation.

I read your posts, GG, and I agree - you didn't imply that she wasn't entitled to have children. You simply answered the question of what could have made the W's ask her to sign over custody.

But JM didn't go anywhere. He stayed right where he was, going to his job and taking the heat from LE. Doesn't sound like something a person would do who was guilty of murdering his sister and her family.

BTW, did the article indicate he was working in Lima, OH? That's a long way from Pike County.

No, he stayed put. I don't think he'd have much choice either way if he were involved, but, they may have tracked him to see if he was meeting up w/ JW, or anyone else. As far as Lima is from Piketon, he'd have chances to meet folks going or coming. I mapped it at 2 3/4 hours one way.

Yep. So I think the problem is NOT with Hanna, or her family, or with the other young mother or her family. It's with the ones doing the alleged strongarming and possibly worse to get what they demanded.

In your opinion, under which circumstances two sides of a family would collude? To have a woman abandon her child, or force her to raise in a certain way. To murder her family when she disagrees.

It's quite common in parts of the world, like Afghanistan for example. Very rare in the western world. Nevertheless, it can occur. Think of how it could play in Southern Ohio.

In your opinion, under which circumstances two sides of a family would collude? To have a woman abandon her child, or force her to raise in a certain way. To murder her family when she disagrees.

It's quite common in parts of the world, like Afghanistan for example. Very rare in the western world. Nevertheless, it can occur. Think of how it could play in Southern Ohio.
I've thought a lot of that tonight.

Too bad that they did not go through with that with their sons.

Well said. It reminds me of the quotes from LE in stories published for the 1st year anniversary.

These quotes stressed the fact some of the victims were still children.

I have a theory this is about "saving children". !

BCI agents also told the elder Manley Monday that a text from his son’s phone was sent to Jake Wagner’s phone at 2 a.m. the morning of the massacre. Wagner was the long-time boyfriend of one of the Rhoden victims.

I am thinking about the wording. It says a text was sent from his phone. It doesn't say he sent it. A better question might be who had access to his phone that night besides him?

What was the content of that text? Could that "lost" cell phone be what they were searching for? To read that text?

I bet they've already read that text and know JW's and JM's locations when it was sent & received. This thing has been too quiet. No one allowed to see the babies, everything locked down, LE has given hardly any info to the families.

I read your posts, GG, and I agree - you didn't imply that she wasn't entitled to have children. You simply answered the question of what could have made the W's ask her to sign over custody.
Yes, I agree too. I asked the question of why W's wanted her to give up parental rights. I was merely asking a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper