OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adding to my comment: It may have also been a very strong message sent to LE, not just local informants.

I still keep thinking of No Country for Old Men.

LE sounds like they might be a little scared, I don't know.

Could have been sleeping. Maybe in another room and they didn't even know the 3 year old was there. Several possibilities.

I am a few pages behind still so I apologize if this has already been touched upon, but didn't BM say in an interview with the media something about it being horrible that she saw her nephew & his fiancé killed, and their baby covered in blood? Still very off to me that she would come across a 6 month old and not carry it out with her (if she did in fact see the kid), I feel like that would be anyone's instinct, no?

Our local police department offers a citizens academy, anyway for 2 months you learn their jobs. See what they do, how they do it. Our town runs along I75 , a huge drug pipeline. One of our officers busted part of the Mexican cartel running drugs. 2 million dollars in cash and as much in marijuana. This guy had to be removed from street duty because he now has a hit man looking for him. It was explained that the same happened to an officer out of Tennessee. They got him 5+ years later.
If I was LE I would be worried about what I said on national TV also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is such a small town. If there were hired killers from out of town, wouldn't they have been seen in the area and noticed?

There is no town. Piketon is a small village. These crimes happened 20 minutes from there, so even further into nowhere than the middle.

Locals would have noticed mafia hitmen from New Jersey if they were wearing an Adidas jumpsuit. If they were driving an old pickup or work van with plates from Ohio, Kentucky or West Virginia they likely wouldn't bat an eye.

Hi all. New to this thread, but lurking and taking it all in. Didn't the Sheriff, I believe, come out in the beginning and say that he personally knew the family. Do you think that this is now kind of egg on the face to say that in the beginning and now it appears they had, what sounds like, an extensive grow operation and possible *advertiser censored* fighting ring right under his nose. Thoughts on maybe that is why there isn't a ton of info leaking out - because they are all kind of covering their booty's.

I believe he said he hadn't had interaction with the family from a law enforcement standpoint. My impression was that he didn't know them personally. He's been in LE 20 years or so, but chief for only a year. I think he's been on top of a lot that has been thrown at him in during his time as chief.

It would be nice to know how long the pot grow situation has been going on and if Dana's move to the place with yet another big building was because of expansion. If they were new to this, it could be someone ticked off with the competition.

In this day and age, with all the news, and all the FB discussion (all these people were on FB) about the confederate flag -- people know damn well what the confederate flag means to most people. They know it is highly offensive. If they wear it, they are wearing it to be inflammatory. They might not believe they are racists, but their actions suggest otherwise. Can we make that judgement about all the Rhodens - no. Just the 3 we can see wearing the flag in photos. However, I don't believe anyone DID make that judgement about all the Rhodens. Just the ones pictured wearing the freaking confederate flag and hurling the N word around FB.

It seems rather ironic given that neither Ohio nor Kentucky was actually in the Confederacy.

Incidentally, I found that one of the Kentucky Rhoden forebears just after the Civil War named one of their children General Ulysses S Grant Rhoden, so at least one branch of the family was firmly on the Union side.

Back to the case, and the very intriguing money at Kenneth's scene: could someone have owed *him* money and not wanted to pay?

Scenario: argument gets heated; perp says' "here's your damn money", throws a bit at him, and shoots him in a blind rage; then thinks about who else knew about the debt?

You know, as much as the curious little monkey in me wants to know EVERYTHING, I understand their reasons for not commenting or giving out information. This tragedy needs to have justice served at some point. He listed several reasons for them to keep their lips zipped. I admire them for this and if it were my family, I would appreciate it very much.

That said, it appears they do not know who committed these murders, at all.
I agree to a certain extent, but they are handling things so strange.. Saying things that they know information that is public record or about to be released will contradict what they have said.

We've all seen pressers where they update and don't give out all info and hold some close, their pressers are not like that at all.

Sending a message to others, likely to others thinking about working with police or stealing from them. Mexican cartels do this.
But the Cartels would have killed everyone, even the babies and then probably torched everything.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Both the AG and the sheriff have stated they want a successful prosecution and they also indicated prosecutors have been involved in this case. This makes me feel hopeful that they have strong suspicions about who may have done this and have brought prosecutors in to first make sure they are on solid ground from an evidence standpoint when a warrant or warrants are issued, and secondly, that the evidence would support a successful prosecution.

Of course, I may just be hopeful LE is getting closer, but I'm of the opinion they may have pretty strong suspicions about who did this and are now getting their ducks in a row.

Prayers for justice for the victims and their loved ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966