OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #34 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Twenty miles south of Piketon, Big Bear Lake Family Resort owner Robin Waddell has known the Rhoden family for decades, ever since Christopher Sr. started working at the resort — building decks or roofs, excavating, whatever needed done.

Waddell would hire the elder Chris Rhoden whenever he needed construction. He was good, Waddell said. He was reliable. He was a friend.
Pot link cited in Ohio 'pre-planned execution'

Twenty miles south of Piketon, Big Bear Lake Family Resort owner Robin Waddell has known the Rhoden family for decades, ever since Christopher Sr. started working at the resort — building decks or roofs, excavating, whatever needed done.

Waddell would hire the elder Chris Rhoden whenever he needed construction. He was good, Waddell said. He was reliable. He was a friend.
Pot link cited in Ohio 'pre-planned execution'

How many fund raising events did RW have for his friend and employee or the family members that he knew for decades?

Gosh,Raisinisback I think we need to make you our thread ‘verified auditor or expert witness for real estate accounting’for this board. We will need Trisha’s authorization of course but even without verification,’I think ‘your pretty darn smart’.
My Opinion Only

I have seen a lot of creative accounting in my time. I have seen a lot of people in a cash business keep a "second" set of books. It is easy to do and even people with no accounting experience figure it out. But one thing they don't consider is that the receipts must add up with the deposits in a bank account. In other words you can't spend money you don't physically have.

On the other hand I have seen construction companies and other service based companies that install used materials they buy at auctions and charge the customer for new, or get tradesmen like plumbers, carpenters ect to submit higher estimates or write a receipt for an inflated price for work done.

I always find it and I always sit them down and give them a stern lecture about the fact that contrary to popular opinion, not everyone working for the IRS is an idiot.

JMO

Thanks to Chelly's post it reminded me of the how many people off/on have been employed by the BBL. After I re-read the linked article from the Columbus Dispatch (my poor brain sometimes is a little slow processing)I finally realized that it says CR worked weekends at BBL. It's in the link.It's tragic to read because you realize the life long trama done to BR.

As has been mentioned on several previous threads;CR worked on weekdays at a medical clinic. The night before the murders CR dropped BR off late in the evening at FR and HHG home to avoid exposing him to an illness at his daycare. Does anyone else remember CR worked at the campsite)I guess the question really is who didn't work there at one time or another?

Things that make me go ummmmmm..

The Columbus Dispatch; said:
Mother (Chelsea Robinson)of 3-year-old who survived Pike County shootings learns to adjust

By Holly Zachariah, The Columbus Dispatch Posted May 13, 2016

<snip>

Frank Rhoden and Chelsea co-parented Brentley and he spent time at both of their homes. Because Chelsea has two jobs - <snip>and working weekends at the Big Bear Lake campground
<snip>
So it was on April 21 that Chelsea told Frankie there was a sickness at daycare and she didn’t want to take Brentley on Friday. She dropped Brentley off at the Union Hill Road trailer Thursday night, and says she visited until maybe about 10:30 p.m.

Overnight, everything changed. Frankie and Hannah were dead. So too were 6 others.“They told me they’d all been murdered,” said Chelsea, 21. “I didn’t know what to believe. I just had to get there to see for myself.They arrived before all the roads were blocked off so she pulled in front of Clarence “Frankie” Rhoden’s trailer and jumped from her car to search for her son in the chaos.
<snip>
Mother of 3-year-old who survived Pike County shootings learns to adjust

Please Note: All I'm trying to do is compile my notes in a logical order. When I noticed how many locals in this the case all shared the BBL as an employer at one time or another. Just trying to get organized.;)
Just My Opinion

Dudly since so many families and especially several children of those murdered lost so much;a fundraiser would have been in order.
(I am leaving for the hosipital. Had to get one more post in.)

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. Apologies, I thought you said the link to the report mentioned CR1. It only mentions RW. I'm still trying to figure out who BM is. There are multiple people in the area with those initials. Apologies for my confusion, but I'm trying to figure out what you're trying to tell us.

Who is Scioto LLC? I've done an internet search and there are several businesses with that name. Can you specify which one it is? TIA

Ok, so this looks like some local construction projects that RW was involved in. Yes, considering other activities in the area, the murders, etc, this could represent some form of money laundering

I've seen several businesses owned by the W family that are similarly suspicious, for the same reason. We've talked before about how, with W involvement, the criminal enterprises of others could be linked to churches and religious-type organizations. Good opportunities for money laundering.

Yes, a lot of people stood to lose a great deal if CR1 was snitching or had threatened to snitch on these people.

These same people would lose a lot if someone spread false information that CR1 was snitching, too.

It was a very big crime that drew worldwide media coverage. Anyone associated with the Rhoden Massacre was either:

1. Very dumb about the far-reaching, collateral effects

2. Very confident they could do the killings and escape without detection

3. Very confident that powerful people (Boss Hoggs) would protect them.

Going on 3 years now, they haven't been caught, in spite of all the focus on the case, so Number 1 doesn't apply. LE seems stumped and claims to not have enough evidence so Number 2 may apply. Since no arrests have been made, locals have been intimidated and threatened by LE, the latter offered no protection to witnesses and allowed the W "laser focus" family to leave for AK before searching their property, I lean towards Number 3 also being a factor.

The hints that they "just don't have enough evidence" in spite of their massive investigation just doesn't wash with me. JMO.

ETA: I'll also add I still believe there's some connection between W's, drug trafficking, local "churches" and religious entities and the white supremacy folks.

Also a link to the trailer for "Gone: Forgotten Women of Ohio" wherein women who were prostitutes, some drug users discussed local officials in neighboring Portsmouth: "Portsmouth is a small town. You can't walk into the Court House and not run into somebody you used with, bought from or sold to." "Public officials are into drug use, are into the prostitution..." "Girls go missing, no one investigates.."

Ok, so this looks like some local construction projects that RW was involved in. Yes, considering other activities in the area, the murders, etc, this could represent some form of money laundering

It is a prime opportunity for money laundering but I think it was more an opportunity for RW and whoever was doing work for him to rip off the church. I think that church, Church Of The Brethren, is a pretty sizable church with a lot of members. 217000.00 is a lot of money and the way that document reads is the church was setting up a fund to make the repairs in exchange for exclusive rights to use the property. Even the name implies a worship related enterprise "Woodland Altars". I would assume RW is a high ranking member of the church in that area and allowed his property to be used by the church. Note that some additions were made by RW prior to the report. A lot of that is done in churches with the member either donating the facility or giving the church a discounted price for use.

JMO

Last edited:
I must be having rsd1200 issue of double posting.

For the second time it double posted. Sorry for the clutter.

Last edited:
This article says the autopsy report shows CR1 was shot through a door. Lower on the page it mentions number of gunshot wounds each had.
The reports indicated that Chris Sr., had been shot nine times all over his body. Everyone else had been shot in the head. Dana had been shot five times; Chris Jr., was shot four times; Gary was shot three times, and his report indicated that it was with a “large-caliber” gun; Hannah Gilley was shot five times; and Hanna Rhoden was shot twice; Frankie, three times; and Kenneth was shot once, in the right eye.

Ohio Supreme Court allows newspapers to review Rhoden family preliminary autopsy reports

“The full autopsies show the brutality of the shootings, with the victims having between two to five gunshot wounds to the head, except for 44-year-old Kenneth Rhoden, who was shot once in the head. Christopher Rhoden, Sr. had multiple gunshot wounds to his head, torso, and right forearm. The autopsy also notes Christopher Rhoden, Sr. had "stippling" in the head, from a previous shot that came through the door.

Investigators also say Gary Rhoden was shot with larger caliber bullets, with a muzzle stamp showing on his temple.”

Supreme Court orders release of full autopsies from Pike County murders

“The report for victim Christopher Rhoden Sr. says he was shot nine times and notes without explanation that his body was decomposed "more than all the others." The bodies were all found the morning of April 22, 2016, with the shootings believed to have taken place hours before.”

The Latest: Few details about slayings in autopsy reports

Interesting, but this only applies to preliminary autopsy reports, which don't have as much information as final autopsy reports. For example, these wouldn't include information like toxicology reports, actual time of death, etc.

Well, it's something, anyway. Now let's see what Cincinnati.com reports to the public.

ETA: Remember, from the depositions taken during the Ohio Supreme Ct hearings, the family members of the deceased have only gotten information from the preliminary autopsy reports. At the time of the deposition, the Pike County Coroner said that's all he had given them. Even then, I don't think they actually viewed the reports, he said he just had them in his desk when he talked to them.

Anyone wondering whether the timing of this release was political? Remember, DeWine's son is a justice on the Ohio Supreme Court. DeWine has deep, long standing connections to all the justices. Just sayin.

ETA2: From the linked news story above

The court ruled unanimously Wednesday in favor of the Cincinnati Enquirer, saying Ohio law allows reporters to view preliminary autopsy and investigative notes and findings, and photographs.

Heavily redacted versions of the reports released in 2016 showed all but one of the victims were shot multiple times in the head, but details about any other injuries and toxicology test results weren't released.

BBM

Does this mean Cincy Enquirer will also get investigative notes and findings as well as photographs?

Last edited:
“The report for victim Christopher Rhoden Sr. says he was shot nine times and notes without explanation that his body was decomposed "more than all the others." The bodies were all found the morning of April 22, 2016, with the shootings believed to have taken place hours before.”

The Latest: Few details about slayings in autopsy reports
I wonder if that could be due to the significance of his injuries. If not, it makes me rather :eek:

Rhoden family massacre: Autopsy reports show defensive wounds on family patriarch

A review of the autopsies of the Rhoden family members killed in April of 2016 shows only one of the slain family members had defensive wounds.

Christopher Rhoden Sr. was shot a total of nine times, including once in the forearm. Authorities had previously said the family members were killed in their sleep, but the forearm wound would indicate Christopher Rhoden Sr. was awake at the time of his death.

Among the other takeaways from a review of the reports is that Christopher Rhoden Sr. was shot through a door.

Which door was he shot through? His bedroom door? A back door?

Bringing these over from the Media & Timelines thread

Links to Ohio Supreme Court public docket for lawsuit re Rhoden Autopsies - News Media v Pike County Coroner

Cincinnati Enquirer v Pike County Coroner Case 2016 - 1115

Public Docket

Columbus Dispatch v Pike County Coroner Case # 2016 - 1153

Public Docket

Not seeing anything recent in the Cincinnati Enquirer case docket. May take a while for them to post it.

Hallelujah! Finally something!
Anxious to see what details emerge in the following hours/days.

It will be more information than we've seen before, but don't get your hopes too high. The news outlets won't get to see the unredacted final autopsy reports, or anything in them that was redacted.

That includes any testing done, including toxicology. Stomach contents, etc. Probably won't see time of death, since that's not given final determination until all the reports are in.

It will be interesting to see exactly what they include in "investigative notes" and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaJ