OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #35 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rita Newcomb and Fredericka Wagner, both grandmothers arrested for interfering with the investigation and misleading authorities, will be the first to appear in Pike County Court. Both are being held in the Pickaway County Jail.

Court officials say both will be arraigned Thursday at 2 p.m. No date has been set for the other Wagner family members.

Angela Wagner is being held in the Delaware County Jail. Edward "Jake" Wagner is being held in the Franklin County Jail and George Wagner IV is being held in the Ross County Jail.

UPDATE: Court appearances begin for alleged killers in Rhoden massacre

I imagine the Wagner family has been prepping for the day they'd all be arrested since the day these crimes happened, if not before. Drilling into the kids heads "Don't say anything to the cops, ask for a lawyer".

That said, if you're the lawyer for one of the Wagner kids and LE puts an offer on the table that allows your client to someday leave prison other than in the back of a coroner's van in exchange for testifying against the rest of the family...you push your client to take it and tell em to sing like a bird.

Well put! Trying to keep caught up with the festivities here!
It does appear that they are trying to keep family members separated so they can't communicate. Not real rehearsed with alot of things legally, I am speculating.
Apparently the family was not expecting arrests! I have to wonder how confident they were as a family about arrests not coming. OUCH!! Now everyone separate, can't talk to each other.
That has to be absolutely intimidating!
How do you all feel that will affect the W's as the days turn into weeks, especially if they are not granted bail?
If it was me, and if I were guilty, I think I would be ready to burst!

I live in Grove City Ohio,( suburb of Columbus) just north of Waverly Ohio. I remember the morning this happened we were traveling to Kentucky for our grandson's birthday. Route 23 takes you out of Grove City through Pickaway County,then Ross County , then into Waverly Ohio, Pike County. I recall seeing law enforcement all over the place in Pike County that day. You just get the perception that these murders were done by drug cartel, not a local yokel. Law enforcement were determined to solve this case and they did a great job.

Yes! Good idea! I thought she'd maybe pop in soon. I hope for a separate trial for each if it makes it more likely they will receive the max. I think that it might be possible that the boys might try to broker a plea for LWOP in exchange for testifying against their parents. I am not so sure that the Ws have been one big happy family prior to this, nor after.

I've wondered if the grandmothers won't roll on the kids to get a lighter sentence. At their age they won't want to die in jail. FW has that farm and animals to take care of...

PUBLISHED: 11/14/18 05:31 PM EST
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — A child at the center of a custody dispute that may have set off a gruesome Ohio massacre is safe in state custody, her great-grandfather said Wednesday, before one of the four suspects in the killings appeared in court.

Leonard Manley, whose daughter and grandchildren were among the eight people killed in 2016, told The Cincinnati Enquirer the 4-year-old girl is in state custody.

One of the suspects, Edward "Jake" Wagner, was the long-time former boyfriend of 19-year-old Hanna Rhoden, one of the victims, and shared custody of their daughter at the time of the massacre.

I am just getting caught up on this and NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS would I have thought this is how it would play out.

Well done LE!

Yes job well done.

I always believed this is exactly the way it would end. It wasnt an 'if' or 'who' for me but when they would finally be arrested.

I am glad that day has finally come for the Rhoden family.

Imo

This case has gripped me since it happened. My jaw dropped when I read about the arrests. It was frustrating at the time, but good on LE for keeping their evidence and leads to themselves, and not letting anything leak out (though I think we knew they've suspected the Wagners for some time).

Do we know who the father of HR's newborn is? That is, the baby who was a newborn at the time of the murders.

This case has gripped me since it happened. My jaw dropped when I read about the arrests. It was frustrating at the time, but good on LE for keeping their evidence and leads to themselves, and not letting anything leak out (though I think we knew they've suspected the Wagners for some time).

Do we know who the father of HR's newborn is?

I’ve wondered that as well.

Do we know who the father of HR's newborn is? That is, the baby who was a newborn at the time of the murders.

Hannah Gilley's brother is the father.

Why were Kenneth and Gary Rhoden murdered in regards to the custody issue?
From what has been released so far, it seems Gary was killed because he was with Chris Sr, no other reason. Kenneth was killed because he would go to one of the homes (not sure which) to shower early in the morning-so he was killed to keep the bodies from being discovered too early.

From what has been released so far, it seems Gary was killed because he was with Chris Sr, no other reason. Kenneth was killed because he would go to one of the homes (not sure which) to shower early in the morning-so he was killed to keep the bodies from being discovered too early.

Thanks so much for the information!

Why were Kenneth and Gary Rhoden murdered in regards to the custody issue?
ECLIPSE Great question! Normal people don't think/plot like the 4W's. (When I dislike someone intensely, I take them off my Christmas Card list, humpff!) I'm thinking these people wanted to erase all of them, and have everyone (including LE) think it was a drug turf war.
When the story first broke, my initial reaction was "drug turf/cartel" until I read there were only
100 plants....REALLY?... sorry but that is no threat to a cartel's business.

ECLIPSE Great question! Normal people don't think/plot like the 4W's. (When I dislike someone intensely, I take them off my Christmas Card list, humpff!) I thinking these people wanted to erase all of them, and have everyone (including LE) think it was a drug turf war.
When the story first broke, my initial reaction was "drug turf/cartel" until I read there were only
100 plants....REALLY?... sorry but that is no threat to a cartel's business.

Yes, that makes sense coming from diabolical minds- add Kenneth to totally throw off the investigation/turn it in a different type of direction. Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz