OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Times are really different now on many ways, but none of my aunts, uncle or mother realized they grew up dirt poor. They had everything they needed, not everything they wanted. The house my mom grew up in was built for the $5.00 box of nails. All the family gave my grandfather the lumber, he had to buy the nails and they all built the house.

A lot of money was spent on farm animals, but that was food, not pets. My grandfather had some hunting dogs too, just a couple and guard dogs, but the guard dogs weren't pets. The only pets were the horses.

My mom was the baby and they never made her do anything so she never learned the canning, sewing, churning butter, etc. Having a TV at a time wouldn't matter out there, couldn't get an antenna that would pick up a good signal.

The best thing, my granny had a party line and I LOVED it. They also had outhouses when I was really young and a "fancy" underground well because there wasn't city water. I thought the outhouses were the best thing ever!

I definitely agree. While I didn't have everything I wanted, I always had lights, water, and food. Even if my car was a when I got older, I still had one so I could contribute. It was acceptable. Times are different. I want more for my family, and I work very hard to give them that, but I also think back to simpler times.. When I wasn't paying $100 for cable and $160 for cell phones, $200 car payments, credit card bills, etc. I never really thought of us as poor growing up, I know now that we definitely weren't considered middle class. We still have family completely content in that lifestyle, and that's fine. I wanted to become more financially secure, with taking that on, it caused many other headaches. I may have more money now than I did before, but my stress level far increased too.

Times are really different now in many ways, but none of my aunts, uncle or mother realized they grew up dirt poor. They had everything they needed, not everything they wanted. The house my mom grew up in was built for the $5.00 box of nails. All the family gave my grandfather the lumber, he had to buy the nails and they all built the house.

A lot of money was spent on farm animals, but that was food, not pets. My grandfather had some hunting dogs too, just a couple and guard dogs, but the guard dogs weren't pets. The only pets were the horses.

My mom was the baby and they never made her do anything so she never learned the canning, sewing, churning butter, etc. Having a TV at a time wouldn't matter out there, couldn't get an antenna that would pick up a good signal.

The best thing, my granny had a party line and I LOVED it. They also had outhouses when I was really young and a "fancy" underground well because there wasn't city water. I thought the outhouses were the best thing ever!

Regarding the outhouses, I didn't like the lye or the Sears catalog. Slop jar was great at night. This was back in the 40's and 50's.

I am curious about the relationship between Chris and Kenneth. Brothers, but did they get along? Did Kenneth feel wronged by Chris over something? I don't find a Facebook page for Kenneth to see if they were Facebook friends. But, is he pictured along with the rest of the family in these many memorial pictures? I have seen a few pictures of Kenneth, but it seems the Memorials are more about the others. Is he included in any of the fundraising or ******** pages? Why was Kenneth so paranoid! Drugs can cause a person to be paranoid. I just really wonder where he fit into the family or if he was estranged from them. I think we all assumed they were close, since he was killed too. But, were they?
I think they had to get along. He lived on land owned by Chris and it seems there was a grow op connected on that land too.

Just gonna go ahead and jump back in, here.

Just came across this quote:
"This was an old-fashioned, calculated massacre of eight human beings," DeWine said.
Hmm. That certainly carries a different connotation than the assertion that this was a "sophisticated operation." Have they moved away from the cartel theory they were dancing around, and towards a more personal motive?

Regarding the outhouses, I didn't like the lye or the Sears catalog. Slop jar was great at night. This was back in the 40's and 50's.
Oh I remember the lye lol. My granny also had a fancy washing machine with a roller on top on her back porch.

The times I'm talking about were late 60's early 70's.

I hated the slop jar. Their church was in town more and had indoor plumbing but they kept outhouses for a long time because the old folks wanted them and idiots like me when we would go there for Homecoming lol.

Hmm. That certainly carries a different connotation than the assertion that this was a "sophisticated operation." Have they moved away from the cartel theory they were dancing around, and towards a more personal motive?
Yeah they have moved away from that and act like they never really considered it. They aren't talking about "sophisticated" so I'm not sure what exactly he meant by "sophisticated".

I think they had to get along. He lived on land owned by Chris and it seems there was a grow op connected on that land too.
Maybe he had hopes of moving close to Chris.....like, maybe he had plans to move on the land Dana ended up living on?
Kenneth's grow op could have been his own.....totally separate from the others.
I wonder how long Kenneth lived there. If he has lived there for a very long time, but had a recent disagreement with Chris, I could see him still living on the land. That single murder of Kenneth intrigues me. Why? What did he know about the others? I guess I feel like the murders were aimed specifically toward Chris and his family, and wonder what took them to Kenneth who did not live by the rest of them.

I keep thinking that when the person, persons are arrested in this case we are going to have a WTF moment.
All those people were killed because of that!

Maybe he had hopes of moving close to Chris.....like, maybe he had plans to move on the land Dana ended up living on?
I wonder how long Kenneth lived there. If he has lived there for a very long time, but had a recent disagreement with Chris, I could see him still living on the land. That single murder of Kenneth intrigues me. Why? What did he know about the others? I guess I feel like the murders were aimed specifically toward Chris and his family, and wonder what took them to Kenneth who did not live by the rest of them.
Because Kenneth was connected. All but HG were related to Chris, he is the only one all were directly related to.

Oh I remember the lye lol. My granny also had a fancy washing machine with a roller on top on her back porch.

The times I'm talking about were late 60's early 70's.

I hated the slop jar. Their church was in town more and had indoor plumbing but they kept outhouses for a long time because the old folks wanted them and idiots like me when we would go there for Homecoming lol.

My momma grew up in Parksville, KY - and they didn't have running water - had to travel to the store 3 miles away to fill up the milk can. No indoor plumbing and a cast iron cookstove and heater. My grandpa raised tobacco on a couple hundred acres, and yet 9 kids grew up in a 3 room shack with a 6 party phone line (in 1968)

He may be imprecise with words. Just like "toured" means "visited", "sophisticated" probably just means "calculated".

My momma grew up in Parksville, KY - and they didn't have running water - had to travel to the store 3 miles away to fill up the milk can. No indoor plumbing and a cast iron cookstove and heater. My grandpa raised tobacco on a couple hundred acres, and yet 9 kids grew up in a 3 room shack with a 6 party phone line (in 1968)
Party line was the BEST, you heard all the gossip with that. My granny still had a party line in the late 70's.

Same questions I have. Why Kenneth?

Pad locks door
Security camera
Money at feet ( not verified but why would DS say that of not true, LE would haul him in if not true. Was money found in other houses?
Not reported til afternoon when DS says he got up at 5:30. Wouldn't someone tried to reach him sooner if for no other reason to talk about the other deaths.

Makes no sense to me

This whole thing is just so confusing. So many different tangents. Everything I think, I can in return argue. I'm truly clueless.

I'm also mildly concerned we are over a week into the murder of 8 people and nobody has been arrested. Either they have no clue, the person they are after has no clue they are onto them so they are sticking close (friends close, enemies closer), LE is just turning the other way, or the people that did this are long gone. It seems like they'd only be giving them time to flee at this point. Again, I can find an argument against all of those, it's hard to argue with myself, but I just have no idea what's going on here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But he did have an open domestic case still. According to the pike county civil court records, the case was closed when he died. And there was a judgement against him for court fees starting in 2002. I will have to go back to see when the land was inherited. I think Chris was treated by the family as the oldest "responsible" male. The family would pick the one most capable, not just because he's the oldest.

I thought it was odd how quickly they posted his date of death on that site.

Party line was the BEST, you heard all the gossip with that. My granny still had a party line on the late 70's.

And it kept the feuds going - my grandpa, a Montgomery, would pick up the phone on his neighbor's ring and cuss him out if he'd been drinking.

I thought it was odd how quickly they posted his date of death on that site.

Agreed. I know deceased people that are still listed as owing money for criminal encounters months afterwards.

This whole thing is just so confusing. So many different tangents. Everything I think, I can in return argue. I'm truly clueless.

I'm also mildly concerned we are over a week into the murder of 8 people and nobody has been arrested. Either they have no clue, the person they are after has no clue they are onto them so they are sticking close (friends close, enemies closer) or the people that did this are long gone. It seems like they'd only be giving them time to flee at this point. Again, I can find an argument against all of those, it's hard to argue with myself, but I just have no idea what's going on here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not only has no one been arrested, but safe to say no real major interviews, a POI or a potential POI.

Not only has no one been arrested, but safe to say no real major interviews, a POI or a potential POI.

Right! It is very eery. I can't even imagine how scared residents must be.. And remaining members of the family, though I suspect they have more information than they are willing to share, but I also don't blame them. It's a mess.

The old fashioned part of the quote is, I believe, an effort to differentiate this from the mass shootings (San bernardino, etc) where the shooter will be relatively easy to catch right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member