OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would she be convicted if her ex husband was the one growing, there's nothing specifically tying DR to the operation imo.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I'm willing to bet the large barn on her property was a grow site or was going to be a grow site

A single shot to the head will leave a small hole on the way in, with some blood in the area if they died quickly.
Assuming a shot in the face or forehead it would be obvious what happened. Somewhere with hair less obvious.
So KR would have to have been shot somewhere visible, right? Like the forehead or face or somewhere a gs entry wound would stand out. Otherwise, it means DS moved his body and found the wound if KR was facedown.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

That pretty much describes where I grew up in the rural Midwest. I think it describes a lot of rural America.
Yeah it does, but then some differences on rural and then when you get into clan areas. They are very similar but in rural America it's a bit different when you are dealing with isolated clans. Many times with clans they feel it is their family and they have the right to dispense justice. Usually those people try and stay away from LE, I don't know if the Rhodens were like that or not.

I agree. In my mind (this morning) Chris Senior made somebody really mad. I'm thinking he was having an affair and recently ended it. There are rumblings he may have been getting back together with Dana (rumor, but makes sense since he just bought her a new house and large piece of property). So let's say that hypothetically he breaks up with this other woman. She is livid. She has done so much for him. She decides she is going to take out everybody he cares about -- Dana, his kids, his best friend, his brother (but not the babies, because after all, she is not a total monster in her mind). She knows she can't accomplish this herself, so she convinces her brother or her best friend that she needs to do this to be able to go on. Maybe she offers to pay them. Somehow, she gets help. She kills everyone close to Chris, and then goes to his place last. "see this blood on my shirt? This is from your family. How dare you cross me? I have wiped every last trace of you off the earth. And now it's your turn." Bang x9.

This woman, by the way, that would have spent a lot of time at all of these properties and known where any security cameras were.

She may have also previously had been arrested for having severe anger issues.

Hypothetically, of course.
Good theory 😀

Is a gunshot wound to the head obvious? I mean, I know there would be blood, but could you KNOW it was a gunshot versus being hit with a ball bat or something? Donald told the 911 operator that Kenneth had a gunshot in his head. Would he know? And would he know it was only one? I guess he could have assumed it was a gunshot since the rest of the family had been shot. Oh, and was Kenneth's door locked or did DS have a key to it? Do we know? Obviously the dog knew him, since he held it back for the police to enter.

Answering my own question.....just re-read the article and Donald says the door was unlocked.
Some are very obvious, blows off part of your head or face. Small caliber might not be as obvious.

Maybe he did mention there was money in the house, but it wasn't taken. So not a robbery?
Yes except KS said that it was 1,000 in 1.00 bills strewn about KR's legs from the knees down.
So why one dollar bills?
Why 1,000 dollars?
What does it mean?
If DS lied about it all ..... why?

I find myself going to bed thinking about this case and waking up thinking about it and the one thought that keeps repeatedly coming up for me is this; the person(s) who did this - likely motivated by revenge and/or envy - are NOT devoid of ALL empathy and compassion. I know that seems crazy to say considering the fact that they killed eight people; however, they did not kill the children, so they have some moral code, as bizzarre as that may be. A "normal" person would ask how is it caring for/about a child to kill the child's parent? And with the child in the home when the parent is being killed? I wonder if this person or persons, for some reason, convinced themselves that these children were somehow better off without their parents? Perhaps the key to finding the killer(s) is not so much in looking at those they killed, but who they allowed to live; the children. There was a rationale for letting the kids live. IMO, The killer(s) will not be able to simply go on with business or life as usual. They will exhibit signs of emotionally distress. Those close to them will notice these changes and be tempted to write it off as nothing. I hope they don't. JMO .

I've found myself pondering this as well.. Someone thought they were doing better for the kids.. But as usual, I can find an argument for every theory I come up with.

In re-reading the article, DS says there was blood everywhere, but indicated LR was in bed with a single shot to the head. So, that makes me curious why there would be blood everywhere.
Any type of head wound is incredibly bloody. I've worked in Surgery for years and can tell you that the amount of blood that comes from any type of head wound or surgery looks and is far greater than the actual wound or surgery. Incredible amounts,,,,

I'm willing to bet the large barn on her property was a grow site or was going to be a grow site

Right. I have pondered that she wasn't a grow site yet, but he moved here there to A. Be closer to her and the kids (it seemed even though they were divorced they were on and off, and clearly still on decent terms if he bought her a home), but also to have another site to add the operation to. Perhaps the person that did this knew that, and that's why they went after her too.

It's interesting to note the domestic violence is against another woman. You would rarely find it against a man or a kid.
That also could be compartmentalized as in "someone's *advertiser censored* needed kicking". In the country in the south and a man does something to a girl, he is gonna be taught a lesson by a brother, daddy, granddaddy, probably an uncle. It will usually be seen as deserved and justified.

So KR would have to have been shot somewhere visible, right? Like the forehead or face or somewhere a gs entry wound would stand out. Otherwise, it means DS moved his body and found the wound if KR was facedown.

It would really depend on the caliber and range though. IMO. But if it was like a shotgun, which could cause blood to be everywhere, it would be hard to distinguish it as a single gunshot wound unless it was a deer slug.

In re-reading the article, DS says there was blood everywhere, but indicated LR was in bed with a single shot to the head. So, that makes me curious why there would be blood everywhere.

He lived in a small camper. Blood and matter scatter, I suppose. I think BJM's call that it looked like they beat the hell out of them and the other blood all over comments lead us to think there was a fight. I wonder, since LE said most of them were in bed. The only odd thing is the two bodies together in CRsr.s place. It's possible that GR was sleeping in the living room and they got him first and moved the body. Or maybe they hustled them both in the back room to question them first. Is it possible the killers attempted to make KR's death look like a suicide?

Small hole from the entry. Exit wounds are large and messy. People say "blew his brains out" because that's literally what happens.
Also, blood everywhere isn't a technical term, it's very subjective. Your version and mine could be the difference between a bloody nose and a shotgun blast.

I find myself going to bed thinking about this case and waking up thinking about it and the one thought that keeps repeatedly coming up for me is this; the person(s) who did this - likely motivated by revenge and/or envy - are NOT devoid of ALL empathy and compassion. I know that seems crazy to say considering the fact that they killed eight people; however, they did not kill the children, so they have some moral code, as bizzarre as that may be. A "normal" person would ask how is it caring for/about a child to kill the child's parent? And with the child in the home when the parent is being killed? I wonder if this person or persons, for some reason, convinced themselves that these children were somehow better off without their parents? Perhaps the key to finding the killer(s) is not so much in looking at those they killed, but who they allowed to live; the children. There was a rationale for letting the kids live. IMO, The killer(s) will not be able to simply go on with business or life as usual. They will exhibit signs of emotionally distress. Those close to them will notice these changes and be tempted to write it off as nothing. I hope they don't. JMO .
Even most killers have a set of ethics and morals about killing children.

Could be due to the type of ammo, small area where the bed was and a lot of splatter. Head wounds can produce a lot of blood.

[
And this weird story about the $$$ strewn that LE will not confirm.....but why would DS say such an outlandish thing if it was so obviously an embellishment to his story ????JMO

Do you think LE is signaling the perps that they're not buying the 'money' strewn on feet story. Perhaps the fact that LE is upping the ante by calling the 'money' staged or a red herring will eventually cause one of the perps to panic.

And you'd think there would be DNA all over that money. I'm still not sold on it. Even if they had gloves during the incident, did they have gloves on every time they touched 1,000 $1.00 bills, I don't know.. Something is weird with that.

ETA: you'd also think that would have provided significantly more pieces of evidence. They initially sent 18 IIRC. This would have obviously been noticed and sent the day of?

I've followed websleuths for so many years that I know most of y'all by name :). I am a newbie to y'all though. Being near the whole Holly Bobo and baby Noah cases I found it frustrating how people misread country people and just run with it. It happens more with city people not understanding country way of life than vice versa it seems. IMO from what I've seen that seems to be the case here. But then I step back and realize that most people just throw things out from their perspective and aren't really taking it as fact. I have so many things to say about the theories and stereotypes floated around here. In a lot of ways my family resembles this one and I won't be able to put them all in this one post. 1. Chris and the et al. Different counties do things differently. Chris could be the one specifically named because they go in alphabetical order and his name is first. Or he was named executor or just happened to be the family member who was chosen or strong enough to deal with all the red tape and paperwork. 2. We have a lot of land and buildings in the family and I can assure you that if one of the family members decided to grow some weed that they could do so and 99% of the rest of the family wouldn't know. I had one brother who did this but 2 of us did know we just never said anything and most of the plants died. That was years ago. 3. Being a master carpenter is not chump change. It pays a lot better than trimming trac houses (suburban subdivisions) unless it's high dollar houses with curved staircases and such. During our bad years in the 90's and 2000's we pulled in $70,000 the good years we pulled in well over $100,000.. This is my household. We pay cash for everything. When we buy big ticket items we don't buy until we find a deal. We have things we do on the side because there will come a day when we have to retire and as subcontractors we don't have 401ks. Chris sr strikes me as this kind of person. 4. I know plenty of backyard mechanics that make a living and I'm telling y'all buying cars at auctions or from junkyards and fixing them to sell is very profitable you don't need drug money to supplement. I say that in defense of the ones who may not have known about the grow op. As an added note, those auctions are competitive and while I'm not on the Mexican cartel did it train I can say that a lot of Mexicans have been attending those auctions. I've been seeing for about 8yrs now. It is nothing to see a convoy of 4 or 5 trucks with car trailors attached rolling down the interstate come auction time. All they need is one legit guy to get in the auction to buy and then go to the hotel and bring back 3 or 4 to load them up and drive home. Buy 4 cars for $3-$5 k pay 3 guys $200 to drive, invest $2k to fix cars. Turn around and sell cars for $5k a piece. That's a nice profit. Once a month. Make even more if you sell those cars across the border. See what I'm saying? Who's the new guys horning in on my auctions?

What about young people, new to the fold? Would the boyfriends and girlfriends (including ex's) of the younger generation know what's going on in the inner circle?

I suspect that Hannas boyfriend knows nothing. Frankie's fiancé Hannah did. They lived together and had a child together. It would move along the lines of most family relationships. Once they were living together, having children together they would know stuff- but they would also know not to talk about it. People are saying none of their friends are talking. None of the friends know any of the heavy stuff. Most of their families don't know anything- just who was in on whatever they were doing and their significant others. My opinion

yes, I forgot to mention that these dogs would NOT be raised for dog fighting as some have mentioned. They are clumsy, and trip on their own feet. I have never seen one that is aggressive in any manner towards people or another dog. They usually start training them to hunt at 8-10 months old. You'll be happy to know they still have the same "contests" here :) They also use them here in packs to hunt black bear.

Good point. They are extremely good-natured and happy dogs. And yes, very clumsy. Their gait almost looks like a gallop.

If these are true "coon dogs", they are loud and howl at everyone they see (family included). But, because they constantly make so much noise, owners grow acclimated to the sound after a few days. I doubt that dog howling would wake them.

These dogs are definitely not used for dogfighting. They are typically used strictly for hunting purposes. Around here, we just call them "black and tans".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298