OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a good theory. Dana posted two flipagrams Oct/Nov 2015 of pics of her and Chris. I think it's an unusual thing to do after being divorced so long, even if you are on good terms. Made me wonder if they were seeing each other again or made an attempt to get back together.
They got involved again.

Exactly. Every theory that pops into my head, I know that there some confirmed piece of evidence that I'm missing to make it plausible. I think we are all just grasping at straws with "what if". It's definitely a terrible tragedy that no family deserved.

Yeah. We're kind of just theorizing at this point. We could use this lull in new information to take a break. Get some work done!! :)

Same questions I have. Why Kenneth?

Pad locks door
Security camera
Money at feet ( not verified but why would DS say that of not true, LE would haul him in if not true. Was money found in other houses?
Not reported til afternoon when DS says he got up at 5:30. Wouldn't someone tried to reach him sooner if for no other reason to talk about the other deaths.

Makes no sense to me

One thing I've wondered about that money "strewn" at his feet. What if he was awake and was sitting up and saying "here take my money, don't kill me!"? You get shot in the head and you're going to drop the money. Right onto your legs.

Hello Websleuthers. I have been a frequent guest to the site for months, but have recently registered and this is my first post. This case is particularly intriguing to me because I am a life-long resident in a very rural community in the panhandle woods of North Florida. I totally relate to the way that citizens in rural communities live, communicate, socialize, and also how law enforcement operates. I have made a few observations in the case that I hope are
<snip>

I think all is quiet right now as far as dissemination of new information on the case out of respect for the family and community members while the funerals and memorial services are being held. After the final services are held on Tuesday for the remaining 6 victims, law enforcement/DA will probably begin to communicate with the press more, or even go forward with arrest(s). Attending the services will also give law enforcement an opportunity to listen and observe very closely. People talk (alot) at funerals and wakes. Who knows....the killer(s) may even be in attendance. You can bet that the Sheriff and several of his staff will be in attendance. It happens in my community with most funerals.

You,certainly speak for my experience also. I think most of us who come from a common rural ancestry are protective of being misrepresented or misunderstood. I'm proud of who I am. Hey,I tell everyone I never wanted to be ordinary and I'm proud to say I'm not!
:welcome4:

This is possible, but it is also projecting empathy onto the killer/s. Not killing the children could have had purely practical reasons as well, i.e. they weren't part of the operation or they would not be able to identify the killers or give useful information about them.

I don't see how we can discern the difference with what we have to go on.
Yep all about who could identify them. It reminds me of the McStay boys who were 3 and 4 when they were killed with their parents because they would have been able to id the that did it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Has any scrutiny been placed on Gary Rhoden, who was staying/living with the Rhodens, away from his wife in Kentucky? Why was he up there? How long was he up there for? Why was his wife so blasé about his death?

Hello Websleuthers. I have been a frequent guest to the site for months, but have recently registered and this is my first post. This case is particularly intriguing to me because I am a life-long resident in a very rural community in the panhandle woods of North Florida. I totally relate to the way that citizens in rural communities live, communicate, socialize, and also how law enforcement operates. I have made a few observations in the case that I hope are relevant:

When the Pike County Sheriff stated at one of the first press conferences that he had no dealings with the Rhoden family in a criminal nature, I felt as though he was not forthcoming in order to maintain the trust and positive communication lines he had going with the family. Had he stated otherwise, he would possibly have immediately alienated the family and shut-down any hope for cooperation and honest communication.

Families in rural communities can be extremely "clannish." While they may not appear close-knit at first glance...try to cross/challenge one of them and they will immediately come together in allegiance. They can condemn, argue, even fight among themselves, but an outsider to their family cannot do the same with individual members. I hate to use this saying, but I hear it all the time in my community...they are as "thick as thieves." So, if an illegal drug operation or cockfighting was going on, the family members may deny it to the hilt. We have another saying here..."DeNile is not just a river in Egypt."

I think all is quiet right now as far as dissemination of new information on the case out of respect for the family and community members while the funerals and memorial services are being held. After the final services are held on Tuesday for the remaining 6 victims, law enforcement/DA will probably begin to communicate with the press more, or even go forward with arrest(s). Attending the services will also give law enforcement an opportunity to listen and observe very closely. People talk (alot) at funerals and wakes. Who knows....the killer(s) may even be in attendance. You can bet that the Sheriff and several of his staff will be in attendance. It happens in my community with most funerals.

Great post. Makes perfect sense now that you say that about the Sheriff. I'm liking him more and more.

I've definitely pondered LE involvement in one way or another.

So have I from a very long time ago just because of the supposed "sophisticated" nature of the attack and wondering who would have all that information on the family and who would potentially stand to lose the most if - let's say they are informants - something big fell apart for somebody.

But when I put that totally speculative theory up close to the beginning, saying I didn't believe it at all (!!), the post was removed by the moderator. Now it seems the LE speculation is more tolerated. I guess there's evidence of some issues there in Pike County so maybe now we can mention the possibility. ;)

Has any scrutiny been placed on Gary Rhoden, who was staying/living with the Rhodens, away from his wife in Kentucky? Why was he up there? How long was he up there for? Why was his wife so blasé about his death?
There is wondering.. He had issues with the law with an indoor grow op. Quite a coincidence.

Right. I have pondered that she wasn't a grow site yet, but he moved here there to A. Be closer to her and the kids (it seemed even though they were divorced they were on and off, and clearly still on decent terms if he bought her a home), but also to have another site to add the operation to. Perhaps the person that did this knew that, and that's why they went after her too.
I totally agree with BOTH of your theories.

That also could be compartmentalized as in "someone's *advertiser censored* needed kicking". In the country in the south and a man does something to a girl, he is gonna be taught a lesson by a brother, daddy, granddaddy, probably an uncle. It will usually be seen as deserved and justified.

This was DR's DV we were talking about

Recently in Kalamazoo (which I live near-ish to) 6-7 people, drawing a blank I think it was 6 murdered and 2 survived, but in total 8 people were shot in different locations by an Uber driver that also went and changed vehicles and they had him arrested within hours of the last shooting. Different situation as these occurred in public in a city, but the story would not just go silent if they hadn't caught him. Silence to me is weird. JMO.

And again, I can find arguments against what I just said. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing I've wondered about that money "strewn" at his feet. What if he was awake and was sitting up and saying "here take my money, don't kill me!"? You get shot in the head and you're going to drop the money. Right onto your legs.

Has anybody wondered if a second crime of opportunity occurred at the scene of Kenneth's trailer?

Say, maybe somebody finds Kenneth dead and thinks to raid the cash stash because he knows where it is, throwing a wad of money at Kenneth's feet to deflect attention from his crime of opportunity (robbing a victim) and removing the cameras inside the trailer to cover it up. Maybe Kenneth was found a little before the call was made. Am I gonna get in trouble for putting this theory out there? I'm not putting the finger on anybody. I'm just saying maybe there was a second crime on top of the murders. It could be someone else who found Kenneth before the 911 call was made.

Hey, it's not a bad theory. It would explain a couple of things.

No wife or children mentioned in obituary, so my guess is there was zero relationship with the ex.

Maybe who ever killed the mother and dau in Jan found out one/some of the Rhodens knew and killed them so they couldn't talk.

I know I'm reaching but dang it just makes no sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. We're kind of just theorizing at this point. We could use this lull in new information to take a break. Get some work done!! :)

But I had to get all caught up now that I have the weekend off [emoji23] So I finally have the time to dedicate to constantly theorizing [emoji51]

This, especially when you are hit in the head or a larger caliber bullet or many be a hollow point.

I could see a 22 with little blood for a head shot with the right circumstances, but not when you get to larger caliber. Even a cut that isn't really bad in the scalp can bleed a LOT.

I know a head wound produces a lot of blood, but if he was shot in bed, would the blood be "everywhere" or just around his body?

Perhaps she has involvement in KY operations that haven't been reported yet and she fear for her life, maybe she has an idea of who could have done this? Maybe they didn't have a close relationship, hence why he frequented OH. So many possibilities.. Just because people are married doesn't mean they have continued having a great relationship. Maybe they've been separated just not legally, I also noted she uses her maiden name. Maybe this was a marriage of convenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298