OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't think these properties are going to be released. They may seize the homes, land, and vehicles since drugs were being made at three locations. I don't know about the one location where they didn't find a grow-op.

If the family does get to keep any of the personal items or if the police decides not to seize anything a Probate Judge will assign an Executor/Executrix to be over each victim's estate if they did not have a Will.

IMO

Absent a will, I would expect the grandchildren to inherit and a conservator to be appointed.

In our state, the State will auction off everything....property and contents....if the owner was on Medicaid. A lot of people don't realize that. They think Medicaid is free, but it is paid back when someone dies if they have anything to auction off. I am not sure I see Chris on Medicaid .....not sure if he had any hospital visits. But, I could see some of them being on Medicaid. Might even be why the property was in Chris' name....to avoid Medicaid from selling it in the end.

There are pics of Hanna in a hospital bed at the birth of her new baby.....she did work, but I doubt that she had employer subsidized ins. She was only 19 or 20 tho, so if a parent had ins, she may have been on that. All confusing. JMO

He could just be saying a lot of seasonal AG work there like it is here.

One thing I have found, most of the chicken processing plants, hire illegals and they do it in many states.

Ohio has a problem with trafficking workers, some of the biggest offenders have been egg farms

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2015/07/12/workers-trafficked-for-ohio-egg-farms-had-little-contact-lived-in-poverty.html

Their captors took most of their money. One teenager told investigators that the men in charge had given him only $100 total from his paychecks over the four months he’d been working. Records show the workers had earned paychecks of about $500 a week for six or seven 12-hour days.

Men who were part of what the authorities now call a human-trafficking conspiracy transported the Guatemalans to Trillium’s Wyandot County barns, as well as to the company’s operation in Hardin County.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCSouthtrust