GUILTY OH - Richard, 84, & Gladis Russell, 85, Bellefontaine, 16 Feb 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Catching up after the beginning of a hideous work week, and I'm so sad to find out that the Russells are indeed dead, and the manner of which Dick was killed...just awful. I only hope that it was a stab to the heart that made it go quickly for him.

I hope they find Gladis. They lived together for all those years, died savagely apart, and should rest together for eternity.

Tennessee police said late Wednesday that the search for the body of a Logan County woman will not continue.

Chattanooga police announced that they have exhausted all search options and will not resume looking for Gladis Russell on Thursday.

Police issued a news release that said in part, "No evidence of Gladis Russell was located during the searches. The Chattanooga Police Department has exhausted all resources and have searched all areas that fit into the parameters given by the suspect."

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/lo...ooga-search-ends-body-logan-county-woman.html

I hope Sam Littleton's time in jail is the most miserable and painful experience that anyone can have anywhere or any time.

I have a very special place in mind for Littleton if he gets life without parole. How about this place?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADX_Florence

The United States Penitentiary Administrative Maximum Facility (ADX) is a supermax prison for men located in Florence, Colorado.

ADX houses prisoners who are deemed the most dangerous and in need of the tightest control.

I do agree that Littleton should get the death penalty for what he has done.

But if he gets life without parole, then I feel that it should be served in a supermax prison rather than in a regular prison.

Tennessee police said late Wednesday that the search for the body of a Logan County woman will not continue.

Chattanooga police announced that they have exhausted all search options and will not resume looking for Gladis Russell on Thursday.

Police issued a news release that said in part, "No evidence of Gladis Russell was located during the searches. The Chattanooga Police Department has exhausted all resources and have searched all areas that fit into the parameters given by the suspect."

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/lo...ooga-search-ends-body-logan-county-woman.html

Oh no! Gladis needs to be with her beloved husband!! This is just so sad:(

I'm a first time poster, but have been around here a while....found you all during the Xenia runaway mom case.

While I think the find on the last page regarding the "quarry" sounds promising, I couldn't help but wonder what else might look like a white glowing (or blowing) cotton field (especially this time of year). My husband and I do some vegetable gardening so I've done lots of research about all aspects of it (I love the internet!). There are products called "floating row cover" that allow a farmer to plant crops several weeks earlier than the last frost date in the area. It appears that Chattanooga's last frost date is around April 18th. Many cold weather crops can be planted weeks before the frost date and floating row covers will allow them to plant even earlier. These row covers could possibly give the appearance of cotton. There are some pretty good pictures on the right hand side of the link below.

http://www.dripworksusa.com/store/agribon.php

Lorrie

Great first post Ohiolor!

There is this and the plastic row covers that solerize the soil that were discussed yesterday. I know a little about them but not sure if they would be used much in cotton, because cotton is a cash crop, the fields would be large and so they would be quite an expense coming out of a cash crop. LOL I know next to nothing about cotton! Anybody here know if the soil solerizers or floating row covers are used in growing cotton?

I'm a first time poster, but have been around here a while....found you all during the Xenia runaway mom case.

While I think the find on the last page regarding the "quarry" sounds promising, I couldn't help but wonder what else might look like a white glowing (or blowing) cotton field (especially this time of year). My husband and I do some vegetable gardening so I've done lots of research about all aspects of it (I love the internet!). There are products called "floating row cover" that allow a farmer to plant crops several weeks earlier than the last frost date in the area. It appears that Chattanooga's last frost date is around April 18th. Many cold weather crops can be planted weeks before the frost date and floating row covers will allow them to plant even earlier. These row covers could possibly give the appearance of cotton. There are some pretty good pictures on the right hand side of the link below.

Lorrie
Welcome! :)

Thank you very much for the information. This does sound like what he may have seen, however, at this point it seems obvious he was not being truthful about the location (state) where he disposed of Mr. Russell, so who knows what else is false. MOO

TruthSleuth were you able to get hold of the quarry? And what kind of reception did you get?

I just hope some observant people such as the men who found Mr. Russell will also find Gladis. I don't fault LE for not continuing the search; honestly they have no idea where she is. :cry: MOO

LOL this is mean I know. But I can't help but compare. Ohio has been searching for weeks, but they are local so you kinda expect that. But S. Georgia searched and seemed to intend to continue searching as long as needed. Then when Dick was found, it kinda indicated they didn't need to search. OTOH Chattanooga has been searching how long? A couple days? And they think they have searched everywhere?

Right above the GA line into TN the interstate splits - I-75 goes to the right and I-24 goes to the left. If you get in the wrong lane, you would end up on I-24 which goes through the southern part of Chattanooga. There are plenty of exits which cut back up into the urban part of the city and could end up on Lightfoot Mill Rd heading back to I-75. If you stay on I-75, there is a Walmart that can be seen on the left and it would be the next exit up.

Back in GA before you get up to that split in TN, as you travel up I-75 toward TN there are a couple exits he could have taken which will lead into Chattanooga the back way. One is at Ft Oglethorpe in Catoosa County which has a big Walmart on the main road Battlefield Parkway which runs into I-27 which goes to I-24.

Another exit closer to TN is Cloudland Rd (SR-146) in Catoosa County which also runs into I-27 and goes to I-24 again. As I was googling, not too far off this road behind the Gateway Mall are some fields with crops in them and a side dirt road going back behind some trees to get to the fields. OMG...

I didn't know how to bring maps in, but if TruthSleuth comes on, maybe he can get find the area I am talking about and bring it on.

ETA: wonder what "the other side of the city" means?

I was thinking about this tonight. By low income area or a poor area, I wonder if SL meant a bad section of a city. The old expression "the other side of the tracks" come to mind here.

Another thing I was thinking tonight was that SL has been near border areas.

Fact: We know that SL was arrested in Princeton, West Virginia. Princeton is near the West Virginia-Virginia border.

Fact: Richard Russell was found in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Chattanooga is near the Tennessee-Georgia border.

Fact: SL was in Valadosta, Georgia. Valadosta is near the Georgia-Florida border.

So it stands to reason that Gladis Russell may be somewhere near a border area. It could be near I-75 or some other roadway running parallel to I-75.

I have a very special place in mind for Littleton if he gets life without parole. How about this place?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADX_Florence

The United States Penitentiary Administrative Maximum Facility (ADX) is a supermax prison for men located in Florence, Colorado.

ADX houses prisoners who are deemed the most dangerous and in need of the tightest control.

I do agree that Littleton should get the death penalty for what he has done.

But if he gets life without parole, then I feel that it should be served in a supermax prison rather than in a regular prison.

Kinda O/T, but on a sunday drive last summer ( we are new to CO) we drove by this place....... Super creepy! But very secure, there were warning signs all over the hwy that you were passing a prison, do not pick up hitchikers, report hitchikers etc... and many many fences. We also saw official vehicles sitting at each gate. More security than you see at the military bases!

I didn't know how to bring maps in, but if TruthSleuth comes on, maybe he can get find the area I am talking about and bring it on.

I'm a she. :)

I'll see what I can do about a map tomorrow. Right now I'm headed to bed. I'm worn out after another day has passed without anyone finding Gladis.

TruthSleuth were you able to get hold of the quarry? And what kind of reception did you get?

How embarrassing! Between creating maps for WS, work obligations, a consultation, family/friend obligations, and evening plans, I never got around to it. I'm heading off to sleep now. I'll try tomorrow and I hope someone will pay attention.

On another note, I'm so upset that Tennessee is giving up on finding Gladis. Maybe they have limited resources, but they could have chosen to scale back the searches, not drop them completely.

You're going to be found, Gladis. You will be found.

Lorrie

I found a link with a listing of vegtable farms etc in Chattanooga Tenn.
http://tastebudsguide.org/page/guide/maps-and-directory/

watcher9,

Here's the intersection of Route 24 and I-75:

ScreenHunter_01Mar031016.jpg

Here are the roads indicated in your earlier post:

ScreenHunter_02Mar031054.jpg

Chattanooga is to the north of Routes 24 and I-75.

Cloudland Road is actually Cloud Springs Road per Google. Hence, the name change.

Because what you were looking for is a very wide-spread area to cover on a map, some labels became extremely small and even disappeared if the map was reduced in size any more than it already is. I hope this is what you were looking for.

One final map for watcher9.

Gateway Mall and Cloud Spring Road:

ScreenHunter_01Mar031134.jpg

There are crop fields behind the mall and a dirt road leading to the fields.

My comment regarding this area: I see no "sandy roads" or "sharp inclines" in a "white, glowing [blowing] field," so I'm not convinced this specific area is what Littleton was referring to. But then, I don't think even Littleton knows what he was referring to. :( He continues to be a loser every single day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back