OH OH - Roberta 'Bobby' Snider, 70, Hartville, 4 Jan 2018 *Guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sadly, I saw the date of death listed appeared to be 2 days before her birthday :(

There are times when the family is not aware of the onset of dementia. This is especially true if the family members saw them on a very regular basis. He needs to be examined by a doctor who can test him.

If he does have dementia, I could understand how this situation developed.

If he's sharp as a tack, LE needs to do some serious investigation.

I hope they find her soon. Where she is located would be a major clue.

There are times when the family is not aware of the onset of dementia. This is especially true if the family members saw them on a very regular basis. He needs to be examined by a doctor who can test him.

If he does have dementia, I could understand how this situation developed.

If he's sharp as a tack, LE needs to do some serious investigation.

I hope they find her soon. Where she is located would be a major clue.

Agree. Also, people with dementia can often operate fine in their own environments. It’s when they step out of the norm that it becomes very apparent. If his wife was his “reorient-or” (so to speak), and she died while they where on the road, he would have been without a “lifeline” and I’m very surprised he made it back home.

On another note, in my experience with cremation, it took right at 10 days from delivery of the body at the crematorium to delivery of the ashes to my family. I don’t believe she could have died anywhere, anytime, on the trip and he brought back ashes. JMHO

One of the reasons I don't believe he just 'misplaced' Bobby by accident is day one of the trip. It was reported they left 'early on January 4th' then stopped in Sparta, KY for the night. Hartville OH to Sparta is a 289 mile, 4:30 hour drive. Unless they drove my son's power wheels, that's an odd spot to stop for the night if you left 'early'.

Only my opinion, obviously. I don't know mr Snider's mental or physical state.

In order for an obituary to be published, the paper asks for the death certificate. At least in Kentucky they do.

They don’t do that in Virginia because the obit is published before he death certificate is available. But my family went through the funeral home for the obit when my father died, so maybe they provided some paperwork we didn’t know about.

One of the reasons I don't believe he just 'misplaced' Bobby by accident is day one of the trip. It was reported they left 'early on January 4th' then stopped in Sparta, KY for the night. Hartville OH to Sparta is a 289 mile, 4:30 hour drive. Unless they drove my son's power wheels, that's an odd spot to stop for the night if you left 'early'.

I don't think so. My parents, when much younger than these folks, liked to take their time when coming to visit me out of state. Where I would hit fast food joints and drive straight through, they would stop at restaurants and hit antique shops on the way down. For older, retired people, it's as much about the journey as the destination.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

They don’t do that in Virginia because the obit is published before he death certificate is available. But my family went through the funeral home for the obit when my father died, so maybe they provided some paperwork we didn’t know about.

The obit has me perplexed. LE has no idea where her body is or if she is even really dead, right? So what documentation could have been given for the obit to be published? I am just stumped.

I don't think so. My parents, when much younger than these folks, liked to take their time when coming to visit me out of state. Where I would hit fast food joints and drive straight through, they would stop at restaurants and hit antique shops on the way down. For older, retired people, it's as much about the journey as the destination.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

That's okay, we don't all have to think alike. :) I'm of the opinion that whatever 'happened', happened between Hartville and Sparta. IF they stopped in Sparta, come to think of it. Have there been any new reports about whether there is actual evidence of that? I only remember reading that LE checked with the hotel and they had 'no idea' what LE were talking about.

That's okay, we don't all have to think alike. :) I'm of the opinion that whatever 'happened', happened between Hartville and Sparta. IF they stopped in Sparta, come to think of it. Have there been any new reports about whether there is actual evidence of that? I only remember reading that LE checked with the hotel and they had 'no idea' what LE were talking about.

“No idea” in Sparta, Kentucky hotel... http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story/37299844/wife-missing-after-ohio-couples-trip-to-graceland

Such a weird case...

I don't find that so odd. With Bobby having several health issues I could imagine she wasn't able to sit in the car for long hours, needed to lie down perhaps?

Another article from today: http://www.localmemphis.com/news/lo...ie-in-memphis-as-her-husband-claims/926344769

He said he had misplaced his wallet or something, so he said could he use his wife's credit card, so I said no big deal," said Juanita Walton, hotel clerk. "I didn't see the wife ‘cuz I didn't see nobody but him, so I don't know if she was in the truck or not. All he wanted to do was go get his car washed."

The police chief in Hartville, Ohio, told the Local I-Team he believes Roberta Snider was in Memphis, but at this point he doesn't know if she was dead or alive.

We checked. Police and fire officials do not have any record of Roberta Snider or any Jane Doe's being picked up by an ambulance or taken to a hospital.

Hotel records show, Phillip Snider checked into the hotel around 12:30 January 5th, and checked out at 3:30 a.m. the next day. Police say he then drove back to Ohio, because he claims he didn't know where her body was taken.

Last week, Roberta Snider's brother reported her missing. Police are trying to retrace the couple's trip from Hartville to Memphis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBBM for focus

Also
“WMC Action News 5 also checked with the motel in Kentucky where the couple reportedly stayed. They said they did not know what we were talking about.”
http://m.wmcactionnews5.com/story/37299844/wife-missing-after-ohio-couples-trip-to-graceland

And
“People knew Roberta as ‘Bobby,’ her brother Brian Heisler said Thursday. She had been a housewife and an avid crafter, he said. Heisler last spoke to his sister on New Year’s Day.

Philip and Bobby told at least one of their children they were headed to Graceland, a place Philip wanted to take his wife to one more time before she died, police said.” (BBM)
https://www.ohio.com/akron/news/wha...she-died-during-their-trip-to-elvis-graceland

I wonder why the Hartville LE Chief “believes Roberta Snider was in Memphis.”

Do they have evidence to show Bobby even made it to KY (maybe they do and haven’t made it public)?

Has it been confirmed Bobby was alive on New Year’s Day (did Bobby and her brother speak via phone vs. text)?

What I would really like to know is if anyone other than Philip either talked to or saw Bobby after New Year’s Day. Also, what about Philip’s whereabouts in the days leading up to the 4th, the day he says they left for Graceland? Depending on the answers to these questions, Bobby may be closer to home than once thought ....

The obit has me perplexed. LE has no idea where her body is or if she is even really dead, right? So what documentation could have been given for the obit to be published? I am just stumped.
I agree with the obit being the kicker. If only we could learn who submitted it, and is/was the family aware of it?

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

What is interesting is the brother reported her missing but not her own children. Did their children not know of her death through their father, especially since there is an obituary? If she was cremated, where are her ashes?

What a strange case! I mean, if an ambulance took your wife away, wouldn't you follow them to the hospital? He just waved her off in the ambulance and drove home? Something is way way off with his story. I doubt it has anything to do with dementia. If she was alive she would have been found by now.

The husband asking several times about the car wash tells me there's something he wanted to clean up in a hurry, especially since he left that hotel at 3:30 am the next morning.

I don't find that so odd. With Bobby having several health issues I could imagine she wasn't able to sit in the car for long hours, needed to lie down perhaps?

But they were planning a 6:30/7 hour drive the next day. Plus he stated 'for the night' specifically.

Right, so... I doubt they ever were at that hotel in Sparta. The hotel should be easily able to confirm their stay if the Snider's were there.

Just for clarification:

“WMC Action News 5 also checked with the motel in Kentucky where the couple reportedly stayed. They said they did not know what we were talking about.”
http://m.wmcactionnews5.com/story/37299844/wife-missing-after-ohio-couples-trip-to-graceland

BBM

So it was the news station -not LE- to whom the hotel staff said “they did not know what we [the news station] were talking about.”

It’s possible -in fact, quite likely, IMO- the employee(s) the reporter spoke to was only following their standard privacy policy, which probably prohibits them from providing information about their guests to third parties (while I have no reason to doubt anything they have told the reporters, I am actually surprised by how forthcoming the employees at the other hotel have been with them).

Personally, I believe LE have spoken to the hotel in KY, as well as the one in TN. Maybe they have evidence showing Bobby was in fact at the hotel in KY, and that’s why the Chief believes Bobby did make it to Memphis.

I just want Bobby found ....

Just for clarification:

BBM

So it was the news station -not LE- to whom the hotel staff said “they did not know what we [the news station] were talking about.”

It’s possible -in fact, quite likely, IMO- the employee(s) the reporter spoke to was only following their standard privacy policy, which probably prohibits them from providing information about their guests to third parties (while I have no reason to doubt anything they have told the reporters, I am actually surprised by how forthcoming the employees at the other hotel have been with them).

Personally, I believe LE have spoken to the hotel in KY, as well as the one in TN. Maybe they have evidence showing Bobby was in fact at the hotel in KY, and that’s why the Chief believes Bobby did make it to Memphis.

Thank you for clearing that up. I wasn't sure what the latest on that was.

RBBM for focus

Also

And
“People knew Roberta as ‘Bobby,’ her brother Brian Heisler said Thursday. She had been a housewife and an avid crafter, he said. Heisler last spoke to his sister on New Year’s Day.

Philip and Bobby told at least one of their children they were headed to Graceland, a place Philip wanted to take his wife to one more time before she died, police said.” (BBM)
https://www.ohio.com/akron/news/wha...she-died-during-their-trip-to-elvis-graceland

I wonder why the Hartville LE Chief “believes Roberta Snider was in Memphis.”

Do they have evidence to show Bobby even made it to KY (maybe they do and haven’t made it public)?

Has it been confirmed Bobby was alive on New Year’s Day (did Bobby and her brother speak via phone vs. text)?

What I would really like to know is if anyone other than Philip either talked to or saw Bobby after New Year’s Day. Also, what about Philip’s whereabouts in the days leading up to the 4th, the day he says they left for Graceland? Depending on the answers to these questions, Bobby may be closer to home than once thought ....
Some good questions and thoughts. This could be a very possible scenario.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

I'm surprised I'm the odd one out this time and nobody has mentioned this scenario yet - I totally think hubby is responsible for Bobby's disappearance and probable demise. And not out of mercy. I'm thinking the whole 'trip' was a guise to get rid of her... either from the start (aka he planned it) or something happened in the early stages and he kept up the trip charade as an alibi. Hope I'm wrong and just jaded. Either way not feeling very hopeful for Bobby. :(
I wrote above almost a same scenario. With the information we know right now, i started to have doubts too.

LE probably knows a lot more already. I am only puzzled by the obit. Its even a bit eerie that its there. Cause she isnt found, we only have the story of the husband.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

Just for clarification:

BBM

As a former hotel front desk person, I can indeed confirm that we were never allowed to give out the names of clients staying at the hotel. We also weren't allowed to give out room numbers, even if someone called and asked for the person by name. They would not be allowed to tell any reporter or outside person inquiring this information.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hustling01
Back