OH OH-Scioto Co, WhtFem, 30-50, UP98423, Human remains found by hunter, Dec '22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

phantomstrider

Reaction score

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Date Body Found December 2, 2022​

Location Found Scioto County, Ohio​

Estimated Age Range 30-50 years​

Sex Female​

Race/Ethnicity White/Caucasian​

Estimated Age Group Adult- Pre50​

Height Cannot Estimate​

Weight Cannot Estimate​

Location Ohio​

County Scioto County​

Found On Tribal Land No​

Circumstances of Recovery Deputies recieved a call around 10:33 a.m. on Friday, Dec. 2, 2022, from a hunter who found what he thought were human remains. Deputies, Detectives, and the Scioto County Coroner responded, confirming the remains were human.​

Inventory of Remains All parts recovered​

Condition of Remains Not recognizable- Near complete or complete skeleton​

Hair Color Unknown​

Eye Color Unknown​

Jewelry 2 rings and a watch​

1672235164243.png

A photograph of the watch is not being released by the sheriff’s office, however a description was released. “It is distinct in that the band is of dolphins interjoined together to form the band.”

View attachment 390391

A photograph of the watch is not being released by the sheriff’s office, however a description was released. “It is distinct in that the band is of dolphins interjoined together to form the band.”
Thank you for this information. The watch certainly sounds quite unique. I was tempted to think that the body probably hadn't been there for very many years, as the center ring appears to be a silicone ring, something relatively recent to my knowledge. But then I saw it said that the condition of the remains is completely skeletonized. Do you know how long that might take? TIA

I am not sure how long that would take, but on her NamUs profile the Estimated Year of Date is 2020-2022.

Thank you for this information. The watch certainly sounds quite unique. I was tempted to think that the body probably hadn't been there for very many years, as the center ring appears to be a silicone ring, something relatively recent to my knowledge. But then I saw it said that the condition of the remains is completely skeletonized. Do you know how long that might take? TIA
I’m seeing 1996 as “invention” date for silicone rings but can’t get link to copy.

It depends on conditions the body is in, some environments take as little as weeks for a body to completely skeletonize and others maybe if conditions were very cold or something could take as long as a year or two.

I haven't seen the UID's watch itself, but the description does not sound especially unique, just probably a little old. It sounds like a Rumours watch that was popular in the 80s/90s (I had a friend who owned a similar one in the mid 90s). Maybe belonged to a parent or was a thriftstore/Poshmark/Ebay find. Could have even been some popular knockoffs on Amazon at some point. Like this:

1672252720333.png
1672252730500.png
1672253648889.png
1672254211975.png
1672254230536.png

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics