OH OH - Sharon Yoczik, 67, Gallipolis, 22 March 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Also from the article I just posted:

"Browning tells WSAZ.com that they have spoken to a witness who said they saw Yoczik walking along Route 7 near the river, but they are still searching the entire area."

That's not a good sign. : (

More info on the glasses:

Browning says a doctor has been able to confirm that the frames and prescription matched Yoczik's.

Browning tells WSAZ.com that after finding the glasses, they took a bloodhound to the scene and the dog went straight to where the glasses were laying.

Sounds like maybe she became disoriented.

My prayers that Sharon is still out there weathering the cold until searchers can find her!

http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/Deputies-Searching-for-Missing-Gallia-County-Woman-199612421.html

More info on the glasses:

Sounds like maybe she became disoriented.

My prayers that Sharon is still out there weathering the cold until searchers can find her!

http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/Deputies-Searching-for-Missing-Gallia-County-Woman-199612421.html

BBM

In the 3/27/2013 update there was also this statement:
"Yoczik's family said she has some health problems, including blackout spells for the last several months and arthritis that makes her unable to walk far."

The blackout spells make it definitely sound like she did become disoriented. I pray she is out there somewhere to be found as well. Knowing she has arthritis that makes it hard for her to walk far I wonder if she did not slip and fall on the riverbank (granted, I am not familiar with the terrain where they found the glasses).

My prayers go out to her family and friends. I pray they will get answers no matter what the outcome is. I can imagine it may be hard to find her if she did indeed fall into the river. :(

Ive been watching this thread since it started, and just now joined to add my two cents. I am Sharon`s granddaughter. We all call her Nana. My whole family was born in the town she went missing from. My grandfather, Forrest, still lives there with his new wife. SLY and TT are my stepgrandfathers kids from his previous relationships. Obviously enough digging hasnt been done to find my Nana`s kids. Her driveway is long. All the kids have flown in to town to pull together for Nana. She used to garden and help neighbors. She worked at the clothing store when i was very small. She has had health problems for a few years now. She has always been a wonderful person.

Ive been watching this thread since it started, and just now joined to add my two cents. I am Sharon`s granddaughter. We all call her Nana. My whole family was born in the town she went missing from. My grandfather, Forrest, still lives there with his new wife. SLY and TT are my stepgrandfathers kids from his previous relationships. Obviously enough digging hasnt been done to find my Nana`s kids. Her driveway is long. All the kids have flown in to town to pull together for Nana. She used to garden and help neighbors. She worked at the clothing store when i was very small. She has had health problems for a few years now. She has always been a wonderful person.

Chef,

Thank you for posting; wishing it could have been under other (positive) circumstances. We are so hoping that your Grandmother, Nana, is found safe. She seems like a wonderful and well-liked neighbor and friend. This has got to be such a stressful time for your family.

It seems so out-of-place that Sharon would walk down a long drive. Do you know if she was going to the mailbox? Did she usually do that?

Praying for Sharon's safe return and Welcome to our family.

sKore

Welcome Chef_fireststarter! I'm sorry you are joining under these circumstances. I know all the members will greatly appreciate any information which could assist in Sharon's safe return. I'm praying for your family. Please stay strong during this very difficult time. We are thinking of you and your family.

Sharon was sleeping when she was last seen. Do you know what she normally did when woke up every day? Did she have some type of routine? Was there anything that may have alerted her to go outside?

I am praying the witnesses have provide insight and clues into her physical & mental state when they saw her walking. Did they not believe Sharon was immediate danger?

Chef, So glad you joined WS. Please allow us to help in any way we can.

Have wondered if her footprints were tracked all the way to the mailbox, because I heard the dogs hit on her scent at this mailbox. I didn't know if this meant she walked to the mailbox or if she was driven to the mailbox and just got out of a vehicle there to check the mail. Was her scent followed by K-9s to the place her glasses were found?

Praying for your dear Grandmother.

Still no news on Sharon.

Since her glasses were found near the river, I wonder if LE is thinking she is in the river?

But my question is, did she do this herself or did someone put her in the river?

I hadn't seen this article....some interesting info

According to Browning, while Yoczik was initially reported missing on Friday afternoon, March 22 by her husband who returned home to find her missing from their residence on Neighborhood Road, it has since been reported to investigators that the missing woman was spotted walking along Ohio 7 near the intersection with Ohio 218 on the Thursday evening before her reported disappearance.
Due to this evidence and other factors, the sheriff stated that, along with ground searches near her home, the multi-agency search for Yoczik will continue along the Ohio River south of Gallipolis unless and until further evidence is uncovered.

Read more: Gallipolis Daily Tribune - Search for missing woman continues

BBM

I'm not sure we are getting the full story here.....I hope this doesn't turn into a criminal investigation

Hoping for some news any day now.

Praying for Sharon's safe return.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gallipolis-Police-Department/123220340811

Gallipolis Police Department
April 4

The Gallia County Sheriff's Office continues the search for Sharon Yoczik. The Ohio the Ohio Special Response Team (http://www.ohiospecialresponseteam.org/) had a group in the county who conducted a search using their specialized skills and training. If you have information please call sheriffs dispatchers at 740-446-1221. She is missing from her home on Neighborhood Rd. Gallipolis.

482210_10151336478550812_1644291604_n.jpg

Bumping for Sharon. :( I have tried to find additional information, does anyone know of any updates?

Where is Sharon?

No news stories since the beginning of April.

How sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoyasalas
Back