OH - Shawn Michael GRATE: 3 bodies found, Ashland/Madison, Sept 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So it was confirmed the other body was Elizabeth Griffith? I missed that announcement before now.
Okay, quoting myself, looks like they just released that info per that twitter feed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

http://www.wkyc.com/mb/news/crime/2nd-victim-identified-in-ashland-murders/319445763

ASHLAND - Prosecutor Chris Tunnell confirmed the second body from the Covert Court house is that of missing Ashland woman Elizabeth Griffith
Griffith, 29, had been reported missing since she hadn't been seen since Aug. 16 near Walmart.
Tunnell identified Griffith during a video statement released via Twitter, following the bond hearing for murder suspect Shawn M. Grate

Okay, quoting myself, looks like they just released that info per that twitter feed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Wow. That's crazy. I thought they "sealed" her MP report and said she was likely in Ontario.

He is so creepy. He's obviously out of it with the way he was nodding off and falling asleep. Probably has been doing nothing but sleeping since his arrest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.wkyc.com/mb/news/crime/2nd-victim-identified-in-ashland-murders/319445763

ASHLAND - Prosecutor Chris Tunnell confirmed the second body from the Covert Court house is that of missing Ashland woman Elizabeth Griffith
Griffith, 29, had been reported missing since she hadn't been seen since Aug. 16 near Walmart.
Tunnell identified Griffith during a video statement released via Twitter, following the bond hearing for murder suspect Shawn M. Grate

Thanks, I was just coming to post. This article says the same thing: http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/story/news/local/2016/09/16/1-million-bond-set-grate/90504336/
I posted to Elizabeth's thread as well.

I'm watching the video of the hearing here: http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com...r-suspect-shawn-grates-bond-hearing/90424758/
My observations:
They are calling the abduction victim "Jane Doe" for protection of her identity.
Then he said Grate is accused of causing the death of "Mary Doe" sometime between August 16 and Sept 13th 2016. I wonder if that is just because they had not ID'd Elizabeth yet when the charges were filed?
He requested court appointed council.
He has no address other than the Ashland county jail
He is not receiving any form of government assistance (food stamps, disability, etc)
When asked if he was employed, Grate replied "Not no more, I was working in Save-a-lot"
He has no checking accounts or other banking accounts with cash in them.
Next hearing in Monday Sept 19, 2016 at 7:45 AM
They read a list of his past charges, if anyone caught anything not on the timeline, let me know thanks.
He was ordered to have no contact of any form (including social media) with Jane Doe.
He will have to wear a tracking anklet if he gets out on bond

Just seen your timeline / rap sheet, Gardener - great job!!

What a nasty piece of work he sounds, we could argue it was an incident waiting to happen... just wondering though, the entry where he claimed to have buried someone behind the burnt house in June 2016, why was it not acted on at the time?

Local Cleveland news just reported the second body was Elizabeth Griffith. I questioned it and told them I thought she was the victim that called 911. They told me they don't know the identity of the live victim. Am I on glue? I swear I thought I was right - did I miss something?

Just seen your timeline / rap sheet, Gardener - great job!!

What a nasty piece of work he sounds, we could argue it was an incident waiting to happen... just wondering though, the entry where he claimed to have buried someone behind the burnt house in June 2016, why was it not acted on at the time?

Sorry, I need to re-write that to make the timeline more clear. He claims he killed her in June but his confession of that crime was made when arrested Sept 13. LE knew nothing about the body before this most recent arrest. Pretty scary that it seems they arrested him right around the time her first killed (foot chase on June 20 after suspicious behavior) but LE had no knowledge of that crime so he wasn't charged with murder then.

Local Cleveland news just reported the second body was Elizabeth Griffith. I questioned it and told them I thought she was the victim that called 911. They told me they don't know the identity of the live victim. Am I on glue? I swear I thought I was right - did I miss something?

The living victim has not been identified but she is not Elizabeth Griffith. The info has just come out that the second body in the house was Elizabeth. I understand how confusing it all is, I can barely keep it all straight myself. Even at the hearing they had not yet identified the 2nd body and called her "Mary Doe" but it's clear that they are referring to Elizabeth because he is accused of murdering "Mary Doe" sometime between August 16 and Sept 13th. Elizabeth went missing Aug 16th. :(

Here's another facebook for SG. Not much but the one thing he did write was Just do it, do it, do it, on July 4th, 2013. In March 2013, his ex wife reported to police that SG was making threatening phone calls. On June 23rd, 2013, he posts self employed as his work.

Worries me he said that. Do what?

https://www.facebook.com/shawn.grate.98

Just do it, do it, do it is from the song
You can do it put your back (*advertiser censored*) into it by Ice Cube. It was in the movies Friday and Save the Last Dance.

Her was probably referring to killing his baby in his Grand Finale. Sick F@&$

Just do it, do it, do it is from the song
You can do it put your back (*advertiser censored*) into it by Ice Cube. It was in the movies Friday and Save the Last Dance.

Her was probably referring to killing his baby in his Grand Finale. Sick F@&$

I was thinking it was My Neck, My Back by Khia.

"Just do it, do it, do it now, do it good. Lick this ... just like you should"

The living victim has not been identified but she is not Elizabeth Griffith. The info has just come out that the second body in the house was Elizabeth. I understand how confusing it all is, I can barely keep it all straight myself. Even at the hearing they had not yet identified the 2nd body and called her "Mary Doe" but it's clear that they are referring to Elizabeth because he is accused of murdering "Mary Doe" sometime between August 16 and Sept 13th. Elizabeth went missing Aug 16th. :(

Thanks, it makes perfect sense now. RIP Elizabeth.

Save A Lot is only 2.4 miles from Walmart where Elizabeth was last seen. What a creep this guy is just slinking around town picking out women to abuse & murder.

Imo. Any home owner is responsible for anything that happens on that property.

So imo. The victims family can sue whomever owns that vacant home. Jmo

If I go to your house, and someone breaks in and kills me, my family can sue you?

I don't think any property owner can be blamed, morally or legally, if some crazed nutter decides to use physical force to enter and commit crime in their property.

Just my opinion, there is only one person to hold accountable here. I've no doubt someone will try and file a suit against the police though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatGran
Back