GUILTY OH - Sheriff Charles Reader, charged with theft in office, Pike Co, 29 Jun 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
  • I don't know if y'all have heard about this and if so, disregard. Talk about kicking a man when he's down.

• A lawsuit was filed in Pike County Court of Common Pleas and seeks to recover nearly $130,000. The money, according to the lawsuit, stems from the salary and retirement compensation Reader received while he was suspended from office and awaiting trial on corruption charges.
  • 2021CIV000117 PIKE COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS VS. READER, CHARLES S

• I don't know if y'all have heard about this and if so, disregard. Talk about kicking a man when he's down.

• A lawsuit was filed in Pike County Court of Common Pleas and seeks to recover nearly $130,000. The money, according to the lawsuit, stems from the salary and retirement compensation Reader received while he was suspended from office and awaiting trial on corruption charges.
OMG ... !

I'm not sure they'll get far with that. Its odd, though.

Its always seemed like someone local wants to take revenge on Charlie for pursuing the Wagners for the murder of the Rhodens.

As a side "benefit", they try to take advantage of the negative publicity to influence public opinion about the Rhodens.

Charlie really stepped on someone's tail when he pushed For the arrest of the Wagners. Someone who really holds a grudge.

ETA I wonder if Charlie knows something incriminating about some of the Pike County bigwigs? Maybe this is their way of keeping him quiet.

Last edited:
The State Auditor had already asked the Ohio Supreme Court to suspend Reader when he
agreed to accept the suspension — with pay.

According to Ohio law, a public official suspended after being charged with a felony relinquishes all powers and responsibilities of his or her office.

The suspended official, however, retains his or her title and "continues to receive the compensation that the official is entitled to receive for holding that office during the period of the suspension," the law states.

But a civil action may be filed to recover a public official's pay, according to Ohio law, if the official is convicted of any felony.

Pike County: Charles Reader suspended from work during theft case

The State Auditor had already asked the Ohio Supreme Court to suspend Reader when he
agreed to accept the suspension — with pay.

According to Ohio law, a public official suspended after being charged with a felony relinquishes all powers and responsibilities of his or her office.

The suspended official, however, retains his or her title and "continues to receive the compensation that the official is entitled to receive for holding that office during the period of the suspension," the law states.

But a civil action may be filed to recover a public official's pay, according to Ohio law, if the official is convicted of any felony.

Pike County: Charles Reader suspended from work during theft case

You can go to News and Weather for Southern Ohio and find the civil suit paperwork in there if you have not seen it already. I do not keep up with his case closely but thought you may be interested.

I'm lost for words, all I can say that I think it's disgraceful that they can do this. All this is going to do is grind Charlie down, down, deeper.

Bunch of BS. Won't hold water because there are so many ways CR's lawyer can file and answer various motions, draw it out, and circumvent this greedy lawsuit.

Of course plaintiffs can try but that doesn't mean they can win a thing.

Last edited:
Bunch of BS. Won't hold water because there are so many ways CR's lawyer can file and answer various motions, draw it out, and circumvent this greedy lawsuit.

Of course plaintiffs can try but that doesn't mean they can win a thing.

I hope the greedy don't win a thing, I've never heard of this happening anywhere before now. I know US laws differ from laws here in UK, but still, I've never heard the likes of this. Poor Charlie, I wonder how he's getting on.

Laws here are based on precedent, what other laws say. This is just not a lawsuit with enough precedent for the plaintiffs to get anywhere. A duck out of H2O.

It will drag on forever and end up dismissed or some such thing that I am not even worried about it.

From England are ye mate? Cheerio to you! Bloody hell to the civil suit.

:oops:I never claimed I'm not corny.:oops:

Yep I'm from and in England. I never said you weren't corny. :cool: I often read between the lines. I am also know to put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5 :oops: or so my husband tells me.

Yikes! If the officer injured was a US Marshal, they were going after someone who was very dangerous. Scary job.

To my knowledge, he likes to resist most of the time. Adam Slusher is deputy and also SOFAST. He serves as an "agent" sometimes. He used to be married to the "former" Pike County auditor... she went buh bye. :eek::eek:

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RowTheBoat