GUILTY OH - Sheriff Charles Reader, charged with theft in office, Pike Co, 29 Jun 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Workers rights are protected in pockets of the state, agree. It's two Ohios. One northeast and all the rest. Up here, people have considered trying to get Canada to annex us or at least split the state in half.;)

But yeah, I'm bored with it. Looking forward to living somewhere else.

Canada? Ahh...The North East!

Yah Cleveland has a mind of its own, totally it's own:

https://gizmodo.com/that-time-cleveland-released-1-5-million-balloons-and-c-156573119

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-medi...l_progressive,q_80,w_636/mddpogrjxof52asdgieh.

https://d3avoj45mekucs.cloudfront.net/rojakdaily/media/nur-afiqah/balloonfest tragedy of 86/12.jpg

As the balloons touched down on a pasture in Medina County, several prize-winning horses were spooked and permanently injured. The owner later sued for $100,000.
7a3f4241-8634-40fb-996f-f66181d1afb5.jpg

Balloons cover the surface of Cleveland Harbor after the 1.5 million balloon launch. (videoholicultimate/Youtube)
The Coast Guard said the "asteroid field" of balloons also clogged the skies that day, stalling a helicopter search for two missing boaters.

Last edited:
wasn't there a website - a local website - not Facebook - whose sole purpose was to bring down CR or the sheriffs dept in Pike Co? rumor was it was started by a disgruntled employee or someone dismissed - deputy or former deputy??? I remember it criticizing almost everything he did -- it was after Rhoden murders
Here is an article from the Chillicothe Gazette regarding Charles Reader's Sheriff's race. It looks like the current theft allegations are not the first that Reader has faced. https://www.chillicothegazette.com/story/news/local/2016/10/29/pike-county-sheriffs-race-among-dirtiest-ohio/92900946

• Pike County Common Pleas Court
  • STATE OF OHIO -vs- READER, CHARLES S
08/12/2019 10:00 AM PRE-TRIAL VISITING JUDGE

07/02/2019 OWN RECOGNIZANCE BOND
07/02/2019 COSTS FOR NOTICES MAILED

07/03/2019 RETURN FROM ROSS COUNTY SHERIFF -- CHARLES S READER SERVED 6/29/19

07/08/2019 NOTICE OF REPRESENTATION FILED Attorney: BOULGER, JAMES T

07/10/2019 DEMAND FOR A BILL OF PARTICULARS FILED (VIA FAX)
07/10/2019 STATE OF OHIO'S DISCOVERY RESPONSE AND NOTICE OF INTENTION TO USE EVIDENCE FILED

07/10/2019 STATE OF OHIO'S DISCOVERY DEMAND FILED
07/10/2019 JUDGMENT ENTRY OF PROVISIONAL SUSPENSION FILED COPIES FILED RETD TO PROSECUTOR, MAILED TO COUNSEL AND DEFENDANT

Last edited:
Pike County Sheriff suspended following indictments
Auditor of State Keith Faber issued a statement following Reader’s suspension:

"Charles Reader has chosen to accept his suspension from office while the criminal case pending against him proceeds. His decision enables the community to maintain confidence in the sheriff’s office while the legal process continues."

Pike County Sheriff Suspended from Duties
As it stands, Sheriff Reader is unable to do the following:
  • Listen to radio transmissions involving the sheriff’s office
  • Use the Ohio State Patrol data systems
  • Communicate with the Pike County Prosecutor
  • Communicate with 44% of the current deputies at the Sheriff Department

Last edited:
The sheriff’s spokesperson, Derek Myer, said in late June:

“(Reader) launched investigations in this county that have upset a lot of people, and as a result, the sheriff has a big target on his back, and there are people in this county that don't want to see him succeed."

The sheriff’s spokesperson, Derek Myer, said in late June:

“(Reader) launched investigations in this county that have upset a lot of people, and as a result, the sheriff has a big target on his back, and there are people in this county that don't want to see him succeed."

Thankx. :) I wanted to read the article where it says this so I found the link:

Pike County sheriff suspended amid criminal investigation

I wish they would specify to which investigations they are referring to. I've never heard of this before. Please post if you find out more about it! :D

Pike County Sheriff suspended following indictments
Auditor of State Keith Faber issued a statement following Reader’s suspension:

"Charles Reader has chosen to accept his suspension from office while the criminal case pending against him proceeds. His decision enables the community to maintain confidence in the sheriff’s office while the legal process continues."

Pike County Sheriff Suspended from Duties
As it stands, Sheriff Reader is unable to do the following:
  • Listen to radio transmissions involving the sheriff’s office
  • Use the Ohio State Patrol data systems
  • Communicate with the Pike County Prosecutor
  • Communicate with 44% of the current deputies at the Sheriff Department
Jmo odd 44%

Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing! Where do they get such a precise statistic? 44 people out of 100?
Jmo but if there is appx 50 people left in the department is there 22 department employees to testify for the state against him. Nothing at all to back this up except at hearing he couldn’t communicate with state witnesses jmo

Update according to local12 it is 7 deputies he can’t communicate with. 7 out of the 16 jmo

Last edited:
Jmo but if there is appx 50 people left in the department is there 22 department employees to testify for the state against him. Nothing at all to back this up except at hearing he couldn’t communicate with state witnesses jmo

Update according to local12 it is 7 deputies he can’t communicate with. 7 out of the 16 jmo

Well this is where they get the 44%...thankx...:cool:

Pike County Sheriff suspended following 16 count indictment

Thankx. :) I wanted to read the article where it says this so I found the link:

Pike County sheriff suspended amid criminal investigation

I wish they would specify to which investigations they are referring to. I've never heard of this before. Please post if you find out more about it! :D

Thanks for posting the link, I was in a rush and forgot to. :oops: I wish I could say more but not a good idea right now... sorry.

#I stand with Charlie.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025
Back