Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there's any rogue cops out there that want to shoot somebody, I've got the perfect candidate in mind.............he's a porky named Worley.

His life doesn't matter.
I'm with you. I have no clue how family doesn't murder these 's. I don't think I would be capable of the restraint. I'm so mad, especially after reading that she was found out in the sun, like a discarded banana peel or something. He has no regard for life, none whatsoever. I can't wait till he gets in general population. I hope he lives long enough to be the b*tch to a gang of deviants in prison. Then I hope someone takes a shiv to his gut and let him bleed out in pain. I hate him so much.

In a way I have a feeling like they knew, yesterday when it was announced 100,000 reward, I actually looked for the reward online, I could only find 25,000 and her was at 28,000 at that time. They must have known that the 100,000 would not be collected.

Wonder when they found her body? Normally things break much before it does in the news, they were confidant that it would not by taking time before having PC.

Condolences to the family.

Evidence has been found. Nothing specific mentioned. Lab work is being prioritized to expedite the investigation. That was about it.

Presser started at @10:20AM. Three speakers for about 2-3 minutes each. Very little new information. A few questions from reporters were met with, "Can't answer at this time. Ongoing investigation."

<BBM for Focus>

Although not a serial murder investigation, this is a very high profile investigation due to the enormous amount of awareness nationwide and beyond. Below is a guideline for Investigators to maximize results via ms media from their most valuable investigative resource; 'The American public', which is analogous to a security camera across the landscape.. "You can't connect the dots, if you don't collect the dots"..

https://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder

IX. Media Issues in Serial Murder Investigations

FBI - Multi-Disciplinary Perspectives for Investigators
Behavioral Analysis Unit-2
National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime
Critical Incident Response Group

<snipped - read more at link>

Often the relationship between law enforcement and the media is not a close one. In some law enforcement agencies, there is a long history of distrust and resentment underpinning this relationship. From the law enforcement perspective, the media publishes unauthorized information from investigations, hypothesizes on investigative progress, and uses talking heads to critique the investigative efforts. From the media’s standpoint, law enforcement withholds too much information and does not communicate adequately with the media. It is counterproductive for law enforcement to sustain contentious relationships with the media, while attempting to develop an overall strategy for a successful serial murder investigation. The only party who benefits from this negative relationship is the serial murderer, who may continue to avoid detection. A respectful, cooperative relationship between law enforcement and the media will serve the missions of both.

It becomes essential for law enforcement personnel involved in a serial murder investigation to design and implement an effective media plan. The plan should provide timely information on a regular basis, without compromising the investigative endeavors. It is essential for media releases to be closely coordinated with investigative strategies. This helps determine the best times to both educate and solicit information from the public concerning certain aspects of the investigation. Once a media plan is established, law enforcement can be more proactive than reactive in its media strategy.

Symposium attendees provided a number of suggestions regarding media issues:

• Identify one spokesperson as the Public Information Officer (PIO), to speak on behalf of the investigation. This person would, in conjunction with other members of the investigative effort, prepare releases, make statements, and update the media on behalf of all involved jurisdictions, including forensic laboratories and medical examiners’ offices. To eliminate confusion and controversy, MOUs should include an agreement regarding the designation of a single PIO in multi-jurisdictional, serial murder investigations.

• The role of the PIO is extremely demanding and time consuming, and they should not be assigned any additional investigative responsibilities. In addition, the PIO should have limited access to sensitive case facts. This will help minimize the possibility of critical information being inadvertently released to the media.

• The PIO must be aware that any verbal comments they make to augment information in the written press release can negate the strategy of the written press release. Any verbal comments made in conjunction with written press releases should be coordinated and rehearsed with the lead investigator(s), prior to the release.

• Press releases can be designed around several purposes: to announce a development in the case; to provide public safety information; to educate the public; to solicit information from the community; to provide behavioral information about the offender; to correct misinformation about the case; or to encourage someone who may know the offender to come forward.

• Press releases should always have very specific objectives. New releases should be reviewed by lead investigators and management, prior to dissemination. Investigators should consult with proven behavioral experts experienced in serial murder cases, before releasing any behavioral-based offender information.

• Press releases regarding the investigative effort should always have a positive tone. The PIO should continually remind the community that every available resource is being utilized in the investigation. A release can also include statements that discuss the impact of the case on the community, including the nature and scope of the threat to potential victims and the steps being taken by law enforcement to educate the community.

• Inaccurate information distributed by the media regarding a serial murder investigation should be identified and addressed by law enforcement as soon as possible. Such information may include statements made by talking heads solicited by the media. This may require daily monitoring of news broadcasts and print media by investigators, to identify the incorrect statements or misinformation.

I wanna know what else this has done. IMO he has not been dormant all these years :tantrum:

That is how I have been feeling the last several days. I get sad but then I just get really really angry and want to hit things. And then I get scared. This road she was on was less than 100 feet from her drive way. Her grandpa (my uncle) (she is my 2nd cousin) had lived in this house and raised his family their and he was raised their so all her relatives on his his had lived their their entire life and went down that same street safe for decades and decades. Her mom lives right next door to her grandma. Its the country so their is space between but seriously no way did anyone ever think something like this could happen right there.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I live in a small town too with roots that are deep. It is always SAFE, comfortable, loving, etc. This murder has shattered so many people, I am quite sure of it. Again, I am SO sorry. :(

I am so very sad and sick at heart and furious! Our precious children are being taken and murdered. I watched a couple of young women being eyed and followed by a creeper this week and walked up to tell them to be very careful. Girl power they told me. That old creep doesn't scare us. Well he should I said and there are lots more of them out there. I look at my granddaughters that range in age from 5 to 25 and I want to lock them up to keep them safe. :anguish:

RIP Beautiful Sierah. You will forever be loved and missed.

Are they still looking for the motorcycle? What was that all about?

I'm going to I take a stab in the dark.... The technology (livescan) was not up to par in 1990. Whenever that county got the technology, whomever was tasked with manually entering all the old convictions missed that conviction and only entered the arrest, for whatever reason. The earlier reports may have gone strictly with what was shown on his livescan, and the updated came from the actual court minute orders.

The Blade's articles about JW's criminal history/charges are confusing me as several in here and other discussion spots are claiming that he was only charged for abduction of RG and not prosecuted or served time for it. Yet even the victim of that abduction, RG, is quoted here as implying he served time for it and was prosecuted. I wonder where the confusion is. http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2016/07/23/Police-search-property-of-abduction-suspect.html
Also, I am in no way questioning LE's ability or dedication, but I have to admit that in some ways, the situation with JW reminds me of a classic Criminal Minds episode where they zero in on a past criminal with a similar story to the current investigation and try to nail him to the crime, and then find the right perpetrator of the crime along the way. It just seems to easy to have this guy 5 miles up the road. Yet, it also fits perfectly, too. I go back and forth about whether it's too perfectly or is a pattern of behavior and criminal activity and he has more victims and a history a mile long. Just some thoughts.

I'm new to WS but have been following many cases for quite a few years, so I apologize if I've overstepped the TOS in this first post. Please advise and be gentle if I have :)

Ohio has the death penalty. This piece of human excrement deserves it. Sometime I wish the courts left punishment up to the family of the murdered. If it were my call his punishment wouldn't be a clean sterile needle.

:tears: So very sorry to hear the news. My heartfelt condolences to her family and friends.

Soar high Sierah

:rose:

My sincere and deepest condolences to everyone that knew and loved Sierah.

I am so sorry, Jashrema and liacat. My thoughts are with you and your families right now.

There are just no words. It hits us in our hearts and guts everytime.

What a lovely girl, Sierah, just senseless, heartbreaking, infuriating.

:heartbeat: Sierah :heartbeat:
:rose:

Margarita (Colorado)

Ce had no connection to this . She did not ride by his house that day altho they lived on same CR. Her parents live right next door to her grandparents, in between is corn field. When I stood where the bike was found..the corn was about 6 feet tall and it is eerily quiet out there. But standing there..even tho her home was so close..it was like being in a windowless room. Suffocating. All you saw was corn. Horrible. He was so big..she was so tiny..she must've been terrified. We must sleuth him more. This is not his first as we know..that woman 20 years ago may or may not have been his first. He did NOT stop for 20 years. There are others.
I figure that he was driving and saw her as she was going home. It was a crime of opportunity and he took his. This was NOT the first time and we all know it.

Ce had no connection to this . She did not ride by his house that day altho they lived on same CR. Her parents live right next door to her grandparents, in between is corn field. When I stood where the bike was found..the corn was about 6 feet tall and it is eerily quiet out there. But standing there..even tho her home was so close..it was like being in a windowless room. Suffocating. All you saw was corn. Horrible. He was so big..she was so tiny..she must've been terrified. We must sleuth him more. This is not his first as we know..that woman 20 years ago may or may not have been his first. He did NOT stop for 20 years. There are others.
I figure that he was driving and saw her as she was going home. It was a crime of opportunity and he took his. This was NOT the first time and we all know it.

Do you think he acted alone?

I am so very sad and sick at heart and furious! Our precious children are being taken and murdered. I watched a couple of young women being eyed and followed by a creeper this week and walked up to tell them to be very careful. Girl power they told me. That old creep doesn't scare us. Well he should I said and there are lots more of them out there. I look at my granddaughters that range in age from 5 to 25 and I want to lock them up to keep them safe. :anguish:

RIP Beautiful Sierah. You will forever be loved and missed.

I feel the same about my daughter and her young women friends. They are so trusting, so open to the world. Do we scare them senseless to make them aware of the dangers ? These evil men who hurt women are an increasing scourge. They take away safety and freedom for women. This old woman carries everywhere I go. Every community should sponsor self defense class for girls and women so they have a fighting chance to survive if they encounter someone like this evil predator.

Vanessa McCray &#8207;@vanmccray 19m19 minutes ago
County Rd 7, where authorities said they found what they believe to be body of #SierahJoughin, is one road over from suspect's house

https://twitter.com/vanmccray

Alone, in the corn.

And when the corn is high?

From the toledo blade article posted upstream from before the announcement of Sierah being found:

&#8220;It&#8217;s like this guy strikes when the corn is high,&#8221; Ms. Gardner said in a telephone interview. &#8220;My heart hurts.&#8221;

Link source: Toledo Blade "Police search property..." (sorry, my device can't link full urls right now).

(Eta: or maybe the corn being high does not have relevance and it's kind of like people who "only drink on days ending in "Y"...any time or opportunity is suitable, high corn, no corn..)

Also from the same article:

"Back in 1990, before he was sentenced for her abduction, Ms. Gardner told the court she wanted him locked behind bars.

&#8220;I also don&#8217;t want him to do this to anyone else,&#8221; she said, according to court records.

Years later, she still can&#8217;t walk in the woods alone or go bird watching or bike by herself. She moved to an urban area because she doesn&#8217;t like living in the rural countryside anymore.

Now, upon hearing of his suspected link to the missing Ms. Joughin, Ms. Gardner is eager to help bring about justice.

&#8220;He is a sick person,&#8221; she said. &#8220;I really want him to never get out again.&#8221;"

I think he acted alone. I also think we'll learn he is a serial.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member