Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
El Diablo ( I cannot even say his name anymore) only has traffic violations recorded in Sylvania Ohio. BUT...it could make him good for Catherine Sackrider. Catherine actually lived in Sylvania, her home was on Vineyard. She moved out of her home and let her daughters family live there in 2010 after Catherine's husband died. Catherine moved to their lake cottage in Lagrange County Indiana @ Wall Lake. Catherine's husband ran a printing business in Toledo for about 20 years. Her body was found near an old barn on Scott Hwy in Palmyra Michigan.

I suppose they could have crossed paths. Not the same "type" of vic but it could have been on a more personal level. I suppose we cannot eliminate her completely but I wouldn't put her at the top of the list of victims unless a link between the 2 could be established somehow. Altho he abducted, or tried to, abduct young woman that were not known to him, Catherine may be an exception because of possible previous dealings?

Its also not uncommon for car aficionados to collect old license plates - many use them as decorations around their shops too. It would be easy enough to take an old license plate off the wall and slap it on a vehicle so it wouldn't be traceable.

Good thinking Muffin!

Could it be out of fear that people don't want to talk about him much?

I grew up in farm country, and so I've been thinking a lot about this, too. It just seems impossible that locals who've been around the area for generations would not know about this guy and his crime in 1990.... and there'd be a sort-of commonly held value that people just steer clear of him and typically his family too. It would be one of those "oral history" things passed on for generations. In no way am I calling into question the community or the family on this one - to be sure. Instead, I have been trying to figure out what makes this different. Here's what I have come up with.... 1- because we now know that his crime was not in the immediate community in 1990 and he was not gone for that long (grrrr) and -2- he claimed to not be responsible for the abduction - innocent and it was her fault and a misunderstanding, people may have just not noticed it and it is truly unknown in that area. Today, everyone would know because of modern media and social media. Not so in 1990-1993. Unless it appeared in the local police beat in the local newspaper, people generally didn't hear of these things. So, that's what I've come too. He has been under the radar because of the time in which the crime was committed and that it wasn't in this exact community where there wasn't public outrage.
-3- The other thing is..... the woman "got away", so because the victim got away, it didn't quite make the rumor mill even where it occurred. It wasn't as much to talk about in the community of Whitehall even. I mean, even today, societally we don't make a huge fuss and outrage over an abduction attempt when the victim is "okay" (skull fracture seems extreme here).
So, some more rambling thoughts from me.

Thanx for sharing sarlen78... Very interesting article and update.. Psychopathic serial sexual predator JD Worley, is not the first, last, or only and did not begin his deviant behavior at age 57 years old. Likely a serial killer, JDW's unknown victim total will be many, imo. The FBI estimates that there are 50 to 75 serial killers active in the USA at any one time. Sadly, this is a very conservative estimate, imo..

rsbm

Foxfire, how likely is it that there is more than one serial killer in an area with, let's say, a 50 mile radius?

It was mentioned last night about tipping off local media on Jills case. I am friends with one of the local reporters I can just send him a link of wikia to possibly look into it. I don't want to cross any lines or break any rules. Since the AG said they are finding more. Even though she was found it sounds so similar.

bbm - did they word it like that? What I saw was that they are considering the possibility of other victims.

Regarding Jill's case, could you not simply call the PD and tell them your concerns?

I grew up in farm country, and so I've been thinking a lot about this, too. It just seems impossible that locals who've been around the area for generations would not know about this guy and his crime in 1990.... and there'd be a sort-of commonly held value that people just steer clear of him and typically his family too. It would be one of those "oral history" things passed on for generations. In no way am I calling into question the community or the family on this one - to be sure. Instead, I have been trying to figure out what makes this different. Here's what I have come up with.... 1- because we now know that his crime was not in the immediate community in 1990 and he was not gone for that long (grrrr) and -2- he claimed to not be responsible for the abduction - innocent and it was her fault and a misunderstanding, people may have just not noticed it and it is truly unknown in that area. Today, everyone would know because of modern media and social media. Not so in 1990-1993. Unless it appeared in the local police beat in the local newspaper, people generally didn't hear of these things. So, that's what I've come too. He has been under the radar because of the time in which the crime was committed and that it wasn't in this exact community where there wasn't public outrage.
-3- The other thing is..... the woman "got away", so because the victim got away, it didn't quite make the rumor mill even where it occurred. It wasn't as much to talk about in the community of Whitehall even. I mean, even today, societally we don't make a huge fuss and outrage over an abduction attempt when the victim is "okay" (skull fracture seems extreme here).
So, some more rambling thoughts from me.

I have a tendency to agree with you Elizabeth. Good thoughts! If MSM was what it is today, that would be widely known everywhere and there would be outrage and much talk. The attempted abduction took place before Ce was even born! There would be no reason for them to know about it.

We were discussing who/where he hung out, not where your nephew hung out. Why do I need to be verified to participate in the discussion?

You don't need to be a verified insider to share local customs, layout, etc.

bbm - did they word it like that? What I saw was that they are considering the possibility of other victims.

Regarding Jill's case, could you not simply call the PD and tell them your concerns?
toledoblade (http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-F...s-surge-on-Sierah-Joughin-abduction-case.html)

Given the nature of the case, Mr. DeWine said investigators are looking at the possibility of other victims. He declined to comment further.

I went back and edited my earlier post.

I don't think it was worded that way Elainera. If they did..we'd have national media onsite I believe. DeWine made the statement that they are looking at the possibility of more vics. Not that they have found any.

I don't think it was worded that way Elainera. If they did..we'd have national media onsite I believe. DeWine made the statement that they are looking at the possibility of more vics. Not that they have found any.

Based on other high profile cases, at any other time, due to the awareness created in SJ's abduction/murder via local ms and social media, her story would have likely been a national news story. Due to the DNC and RNC the past couple of weeks, most national news networks are focusing their reporting on politics, police shootings,.and terrorist attacks.
When, and if JDW is tied to other abductions/murders, I am confident that the story will go national as it should, imo. The more that people become aware of JDW. the more questions will be answered and the public's safety increased.

Based on other high profile cases, at any other time, due to the awareness created in SJ's abduction/murder via local ms and social media, her story would have likely been a national news story. Due to the DNC and RNC the past couple of weeks, most national news networks are focusing their reporting on politics, police shootings,.and terrorist attacks.
When, and if JDW is tied to other abductions/murders, I am confident that the story will go national as it should, imo. The more that people become aware of JDW. the more questions will be answered and the public's safety increased.

I'm surprised Nancy Grace hasn't covered it yet

Is anyone able to find and link here the initial pleas from LE for anyone on an ATV, dirt bike, motorcycle in that area to come forward? I am not finding it anywhere and would like to view it.

We were discussing who/where he hung out, not where your nephew hung out. Why do I need to be verified to participate in the discussion?

You don't. Thank you for your insight as a local. It's appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ce did make national news. I contacted NG originally and I think the 2nd day, while she did not do a story on it, her website did post a pic of her with the details of her disappearance. So did Dateline and of course People Mag did it . I've received messages from Ireland that had been following her case.

Is anyone able to find and link here the initial pleas from LE for anyone on an ATV, dirt bike, motorcycle in that area to come forward? I am not finding it anywhere and would like to view it.

I think that was from the 2nd day Elizabeth if that helps you at all.

Her FAcebook did post Sierah as missing. But, yes, not covering the investigation at this point. On other missings we had to message her and message her (her support staff of course).
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FNancyGraceHLN%2Fposts%2F10154561944703287&width=500" width="500" height="704" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

Yes, thank you. So interestingly, it might not have been a motorcycle at that point, but other sport vehicles. At this point they are wanting to question an ATV or dirtbike rider. Locals -- are there are a lot dirt bikes and ATV's on the roads in those areas, or typically farmers checking crops on ATV/Gator type vehicles?
I think it switches to motorcycle with helmet no face shield on Friday mid-day, right?

First of all, I'd like to proclaim both publicly and loudly that I think it's totally unfair that I have to work for a living.

Secondly, due to that fact, I think I may have missed out on when tubby is supposed to be arraigned, or when his first court appearance is. Can anybody enlighten me on those developments ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.B89